Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:16:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DisLedger sale ends at midnight UTC/8:00PM EDT... Join this incredible DLT now!!  (Read 28426 times)
DisLedger (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 11:25:48 AM

Another writeup on DisLedger and the token sale from Startup Radius

Are these writeups promoted, or they post them themselves? Sorry if the question is too intrusive.

This wasn't paid for, Startup Radius likes the technology so wanted to write about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 12:34:01 PM

The team is fantastic! I trust these guys)

Thanks!!!

BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:44:29 PM

Will there be any sort of platform used, or does the technology just kinda work in the background?

It's mostly used under the hood of systems that users wouldn't ever see. Some commons uses are connecting banks together so you can send money peer-to-peer, or connecting brokerages and clearinghouses together so that when you trade stocks they end up in your account.

Yeah, this makes sense. Thanks.
2l84aa

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:04:12 PM

Have there been anymore non-blockchain competitors cropping up?
cryptojunkietron

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:08:49 PM

Have there been anymore non-[Suspicious link removed]petitors cropping up?

Iota, to my knowledge, and I only moments ago came across Hashgraph.
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:28:44 PM

Will there be any sort of platform used, or does the technology just kinda work in the background?

It's mostly used under the hood of systems that users wouldn't ever see. Some commons uses are connecting banks together so you can send money peer-to-peer, or connecting brokerages and clearinghouses together so that when you trade stocks they end up in your account.

DisLedger provides distributed ledger technology for the existing players in the financial system (the companies with $ billions of dollars). We're not trying to provide a niche application or Dapp, but rather to work with the companies that currently provide >99% of the financial transactions globally.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

DisLedger provides distributed ledger technology for the existing players in the financial system (the companies with $ billions of dollars). We're not trying to provide a niche application or Dapp, but rather to work with the companies that currently provide >99% of the financial transactions globally.

I think people just aren't used to seeing this sort of thing, but you explain it very well.
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:58:09 PM

DAGs like IOTA have lots of interesting potential uses but they aren't suitable for transactions that require data privacy. So that rules out any financial transactions, payments, or securities clearing etc.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:12:15 PM

So I understand this service is for huge financial companies doing lots of private transactions, but surely something like this could have more uses. Are there any you have considered?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:34:49 PM

So I understand this service is for huge financial companies doing lots of private transactions, but surely something like this could have more uses. Are there any you have considered?

We chatted with someone that is looking to use DisLedger for a private messaging system with guaranteed delivery and where the messages can't be altered. That could be really interesting as a way to replace registered mail and return receipts from the Post Office.

More importantly we want to support startups that have ideas and need DLT technology that they can implement affordably. That's the whole reason we're doing the token sale, to spread our user base from the huge companies to small and medium size companies globally.

bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:48:25 PM

We chatted with someone that is looking to use DisLedger for a private messaging system with guaranteed delivery and where the messages can't be altered. That could be really interesting as a way to replace registered mail and return receipts from the Post Office.

More importantly we want to support startups that have ideas and need DLT technology that they can implement affordably. That's the whole reason we're doing the token sale, to spread our user base from the huge companies to small and medium size companies globally.

That sounds great. I'm sure there's lots of money to be made supporting lightning fast transactions for the biggest companies, but making your technology a household name like blockchain would be a great feather in your hat.
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 08:01:06 PM

That sounds great. I'm sure there's lots of money to be made supporting lightning fast transactions for the biggest companies, but making your technology a household name like blockchain would be a great feather in your hat.

We'd be happy if a few start ups were successful and grew into big companies because they used DisLedger's DLT. Some product or service that we could point to as having helped to build.

2l84aa

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:58:05 PM

DAGs like IOTA have lots of interesting potential uses but they aren't suitable for transactions that require data privacy. So that rules out any financial transactions, payments, or securities clearing etc.

So you can't think of any non blockchain competitors?
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 03:29:53 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 03:56:31 PM by DisLedger

So you can't think of any non blockchain competitors?

There are no other non-blockchain distributed ledger technologies out there... DisLedger is the only one

BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:48:19 PM

Also all other databases in the world, like the billion of them, are non-blockchain. Cheesy
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 03:55:59 PM

Also all other databases in the world, like the billion of them, are non-blockchain. Cheesy

Fair point... I'll add DLT to the previous comment.

But there are no other forms of distributed ledger technology other than blockchain and DisLedger. We own the intellectual property to an incredibly powerful, and highly sought after technology.

BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:21:54 PM

But there are no other forms of distributed ledger technology other than blockchain and DisLedger. We own the intellectual property to an incredibly powerful, and highly sought after technology.

That I agree with.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:36:51 PM

That's certainly impressive. Whats the best place to keep track of updates with Disledger? This thread? Your twitter?
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:49:34 PM

That's certainly impressive. Whats the best place to keep track of updates with Disledger? This thread? Your twitter?

Definitely keep tabs of www.DisLedger.com as it has all of the documentation. Also Telegram is pretty useful for asking questions.

okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:38:11 PM

How are the advisors getting compensated?

Those contractual arrangements would be private.

Actually they're obvious lol, they're probably getting tokens.

And their Tech group is writing our smart contracts.

They're more involved than I would have initially expected then.

Yes, the groups that understand how powerful DisLedger will be in finance have gotten really interested. So they usually want to engage deeply, and we appreciate partners like that!

Those are the good kind. I've seen too many that act more as badges than actual advisors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: