Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:59:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:01:47 PM

https://blog.ledger.co/securing-your-free-bitcoin-cash-stash-d50aff765688
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:19:45 PM

didnt go through everything sorry, but how do i claim my BCC? sign a message?
espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:24:49 PM

You won't need to claim it, you will just need to download the BCC wallet client with your current bitcoin private key. If you have funds, depending on what exchange its on they will automatically credit it to you.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:28:24 PM

just hope that this will not happen. I only support 1 kind of bitcoin and if bitcoin split into two, it will eventually makes the whole cryptocurrency market crash... Well, but as Hostfat said, we support the freedom of choice...

I don't think Bitcoin Cash will have any noticeable effect on the market. Just look at coinmarketcap - how many altcoins have the word "Bitcoin" in the name? There's Bitcoin TX, Bitcoin Plus, Bitcoin Dark, and a few more. Nobody cares about these fake bitcoins. Bitcoin Cash will probably be just another me-too-coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kashish948
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:34:57 PM

You won't need to claim it, you will just need to download the BCC wallet client with your current bitcoin private key. If you have funds, depending on what exchange its on they will automatically credit it to you.

are these wallets trusted? and i guess it will show both the real btc and bcc right?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:42:23 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 12:14:07 AM by bones261

are these wallets trusted? and i guess it will show both the real btc and bcc right?

The wallets for BCC will only show your BCC. I'm probably going to ignore BCC unless there is an easy way to use my Trezor. I'm hoping their Electrum product will interact with my Trezor, just like my Electrum wallet does now. I hope that I don't have to go through a bunch of confusing steps to ensure that I'm not replaying the transactions. Since I only own 1.8 BTC, I'll see how the market is doing on August 1st to see if it is worth my time. I am assuming that I have the option to claim my BCC at a later date, if by some miracle, this coin succeeds in its coup of Bitcoin. BTW, I can't just import my Trezor private keys into a wallet.(At least I cannot figure out a way to get it to reveal the private keys to me. That's probably a good thing.) I'm also not going to give my 20 word seed to the BCC Electrum product either.
junan1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:49:16 PM

Is this for real?  Why are we only hearing about this days before the fork?  And I thought that the drama was over . . .

I am concerned this could be FUD.  I appreciate the info on this page, but if I move all of my btc from the 10 places I have it scattered into my private wallet, I want to make sure I'm not giving in to drama.

Is this the consensus here?  To prepare in the event of a btc fork by moving btc to a wallet that I have control over? 

I'm not the most tech savvy person.  But I love crypto and want to protect my many investments. 

The best tip I can give you for protecting your crypto investments is to make sure that you have control of the keys (hardware wallets, paper wallets, most wallets with a "backup" option).  Sadly, this is still difficult for all but the most popular cryptocurrencies.  Don't store your investments on exchanges which have an improving but still dreadful track-record: about a third of all cryptocurrency exchanges that have ever existed have failed, often leaving the users with nothing.

This applies whether or not there is a looming fork.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:53:29 PM

While the idea of a hardfork in spite of BIP91 can be materialized into real software, to the tune of "because I can", well, why not.

But the name "Bitcoin Cash" seems unfortunate. It will only confuse newcomers as BTC and BCC will obviously become two completely different currencies, i.e. not interoperable. Let's see how it's goes, though Huh
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:19:28 AM

Are you guys for real? you fork Bitcoin and then host an exchange yourself then ask people to import their keys or give their coins to you to freeze them?

Is the majority of market in support of your actions or just you are doing all of this by yourself? problem is not by your hash power being almost %35 of

The total hash power of Bitcoin network, problem is you, only one person with that hash power tries to fork, if you really want the support of community

Then you'd need to do it at least with 50 miners not one-three close friends, this is what we call centralization.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:21:40 AM

While the idea of a hardfork in spite of BIP91 can be materialized into real software, to the tune of "because I can", well, why not.

But the name "Bitcoin Cash" seems unfortunate. It will only confuse newcomers as BTC and BCC will obviously become two completely different currencies, i.e. not interoperable. Let's see how it's goes, though Huh

I thought that their ultimate goal is to claim that their chain is the rightful chain. To make this claim, I think they would probably want to stick to a name that is not very distinctive at all.
junan1

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:36:14 AM

Never, ever, ever import your private keys into a wallet made by Bitcoin Cash developers. EVER. you will lose your coins on both chains

BTW Bitcoin cash is laughable. You have no community support, no one is going to use your chain. Doesn't matter if you have 200 Exahash on your chain, it has no good development or community support.

and the next bullshit-talker.

you may oppose BCC, but it obv has a community backing it. what that means in terms of hashpower and price we will see.

I've been trying to find support for it on reddit, twitter, youtube, etc. Why do you support it? It has no good developers, it's decisions are completely centralized. Makes no sense. You must be either an insider of it, a shill or an idiot.

first, who said i support anything? i just explained to you that there is obv a community supporting it. maybe start lookin a little further than r/bitcoin and you will eventually find it.

If you can't even get support on youtube via willing-to-sell-out shills, then what hope does this have? You don't support it? When why do you argue on behalf of it? Why do you have so much time to waste promoting this nonsense? (assuming you're not getting paid)

Look at https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Bitcoin%20cash%22&src=typd -- 90% of the comments are hostile against it

Still have no answer regarding lack of good developers... All the good devs are pro-segwit

Hopefully you're getting paid for shilling this nonsense otherwise you're a legitimately handicapped person and I feel sorry for you

I support both branches.  Putting aside politics and questionable actors, I appreciate the primary arguments of both sides and see the scaling situation as an unresolvable difference of opinion.  On this matter, I believe both sides would be better off apart from one another, a position I've held for nearly two years now.

There are many good developers on the Bitcoin Unlimited and Bitcoin Classic teams.

The high level of hostility and mindless mud-slinging you both reference and demonstrate is evidence that there is significant support and that that support is growing.  When taken to extremes the hatred can actually promote growth (consider Trump's election).
o0o0
Legendary

Merit: 1021

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:39:40 AM

Is this for real?  Why are we only hearing about this days before the fork?  And I thought that the drama was over . . .

I am concerned this could be FUD.  I appreciate the info on this page, but if I move all of my btc from the 10 places I have it scattered into my private wallet, I want to make sure I'm not giving in to drama.

Is this the consensus here?  To prepare in the event of a btc fork by moving btc to a wallet that I have control over?  

I'm not the most tech savvy person.  But I love crypto and want to protect my many investments.  

Just don't bother with "Bitcoin Cash". Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this will be just one more unnecessary shitcoin, so it's best to ignore it.

if its like etc its a good way to get 1/10 more real bitcoin for no work. for this i wont complain.
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:49:43 AM

if its like etc its a good way to get 1/10 more real bitcoin for no work. for this i wont complain.

The most likely outcome is not that people will complain, it's just that people will sell their free BCC for real BTC, bringing BCC exchange rate quickly close to IXCoin and Devcoin levels, for those who remember Roll Eyes
Kwelstr

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I've got amazing powers of observation

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:56:22 AM

The most likely outcome is not that people will complain, it's just that people will sell their free BCC for real BTC, bringing BCC exchange rate quickly close to IXCoin and Devcoin levels, for those who remember Roll Eyes

That we have to wait and see, eh? Maybe the "real" bitcoin will bet BCC at the end, it is a fork and both have the same history behind. If there is one thing we can be sure about is that nobody can predict the future.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BitCore has a free airdrop every Monday. Get your free BTX!
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:59:18 AM

That we have to wait and see, eh? Maybe the "real" bitcoin will bet BCC at the end, it is a fork and both have the same history behind. If there is one thing we can be sure about is that nobody can predict the future.

Well, you can place your bets then Tongue
junan1

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:28:49 AM

The wallets for BCC will only show your BCC. I'm probably going to ignore BCC unless there is an easy way to use my Trezor. I'm hoping their Electrum product will interact with my Trezor, just like my Electrum wallet does now. I hope that I don't have to go through a bunch of confusing steps to ensure that I'm not replaying the transactions. Since I only own 1.8 BTC, I'll see how the market is doing on August 1st to see if it is worth my time. I am assuming that I have the option to claim my BCC at a later date, if by some miracle, this coin succeeds in its coup of Bitcoin. BTW, I can't just import my Trezor private keys into a wallet.(At least I cannot figure out a way to get it to reveal the private keys to me. That's probably a good thing.) I'm also not going to give my 20 word seed to the BCC Electrum product either.

Based on his tweets, I believe Thomas Voegtlin will provide users with a secure way of splitting their coins in the upcoming release 2.9 "Independence".  This page declared such an intent regarding Bitcoin Unlimited and there are strong parallels here.

It's definitely a good idea to avoid any versions of Electrum not signed by Thomas.

I don't forsee any problems specifically relating to using Trezor with Electrum.

I thought that their ultimate goal is to claim that their chain is the rightful chain. To make this claim, I think they would probably want to stick to a name that is not very distinctive at all.

I agree.  Certainly those spearheading this effort hold the view that Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin, just as many people hold that Bitcoin Core's branch is the real Bitcoin.  We can see this minimal brand sidestep in the logo too (a slight rotation) and the fact that they're holding fast to the BTC symbol (I assume with the understanding that many different currencies share the $ symbol successfully).

The only problem I have is with the ticker BCC because it conflicts with BitConnect Coin.  As has been suggested, perhaps BTCC is better.
ChironRegera

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:40:52 AM

Bitcoin Cash Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BTCCash/
bykardinal

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513

<3 DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 01:53:45 AM

i dont really like idea with 8mb block size. how much size need for core client then ? i hope it will not happen...

segwit and 2mb blocks will be enough for now.

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:07:33 AM

As a future holder of Bitcoin Cash I request Segwit support.

How comes noone has even asked the community about it? It's absurd to create the new coin without that issue being resolved and then have to repeat the same fight for years as has happened in Bitcoin. Haven't we learnt anything from it?

Can we have a poll in this thread to at least get some measure of how the sentiment is around this extremely important issue? Thanks!

P.S.: Better to be sure this is really what the community wants than risk a future new split to "Bitcoin Cash Plus". Really.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 02:18:19 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 03:52:14 AM by HostFat

As a future holder of Bitcoin Cash I request Segwit support.
What segwit is giving to Bitcoin, you will probably find it on Bitcoin Cash, but as a hard fork. Just wait Smiley

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: