Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703570 times)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:47:23 PM

do you guy think the value will remain as it is now for bcc, or will be dumped fast? i'm wondering if it's worth to take out the cold storage to claim all the bcc as a possible, or maybe not, always free money but if the value tank to 0.01 it's not worth the risk

Im waiting until after the fork and then transferring all my cold storage coins to another offline address then import the old priv key to transfer the BCC to an exchange then destroy the old address like it never existed.

What do you mean by destroying the old address? Once the address  and the transactions are is created in blockchain, it exists there for ever. What does it accomplish in anyway?

Only thing this accomplishes is to make sure some fat fingers do not accidentally use the address again. Satoshi recommended that you should never destroy a private key. Never know if someone might send you a gift.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:48:39 PM

now big question remains, who will buy BCC

the people who made it. then they'll pump the crap out of it and everyone else will fomo in.

anyone dumping immediately is playing right into their hands.
Bitbirdie

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:13:41 PM

the people who made it. then they'll pump the crap out of it and everyone else will fomo in.

Would anyone buy BCC if it crashes >50% after it opens?  Speculators/traders probably will and bank real nice.

The big question is What will the opening price be?  Is it gonna track BCC Futures, currently at $347?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:18:26 PM

Would anyone buy BCC if it crashes >50% after it opens?  Speculators/traders probably will and bank real nice.

alt traders do it every single day. this is an alt too. it's also an alt that can really shake things up backed by people who want to.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:24:09 PM

Would anyone buy BCC if it crashes >50% after it opens?  Speculators/traders probably will and bank real nice.

The big question is What will the opening price be?  Is it gonna track BCC Futures, currently at $347?

The markets may be relatively isolated while the difficulty adjusts downward for BCC. It will be a little more difficult to arb. You may see wide differences in price from market to market.
Piqueux

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:29:08 PM

hi,

i have an detailled question

ok my BTC are in a private key

so after the 1st august ok i will take my private key to my Jaxx wallet but the problem jaxx and btc.com and others compatible wallet telling ok will receive same coins equivalent  ''BUT YOU WILL CANNOT EXCHANGE THEM UNTIL A CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME (FEW DAYS) thats the problem because many people think they will have acces instanatly after the fork.. so it will take a couple of days to use them

and between these days somme people who left BTC in exchange they will can sold it for the good price just after the fork but people who have a private key they cannot because the wallet who are accepting the BCC or BCH tell you have to wait some days before you can use them to use in a market

si i m confused in this situation

if i wait couple days , the price will drop because who have BTC in exchange will sold it directly for a good price and fes days after its too late price will drop

thanks to help me :0
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:36:54 PM

hi,

so after the 1st august ok i will take my private key to my Jaxx wallet but the problem jaxx and btc.com and others compatible wallet telling ok will receive same coins equivalent  ''BUT YOU WILL CANNOT EXCHANGE THEM UNTIL A CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME (FEW DAYS) thats the problem because many people think they will have acces instanatly after the fork.. so it will take a couple of days to use them

and between these days somme people who left BTC in exchange they will can sold it for the good price just after the fork but people who have a private key they cannot because the wallet who are accepting the BCC or BCH tell you have to wait some days before you can use them to use in a market

if i wait couple days , the price will drop because who have BTC in exchange will sold it directly for a good price and fes days after its too late price will drop

If you want them sooner, you will have figure out how to import your private keys from your Jaxx wallet to a BCC compatible wallet. I'm not familiar with Jaxx, so I do not know how complicated this would be. Jaxx is just telling you that they need a few more days to come up with a solution, where you don't have to go through the steps to convert to a different platform. I'm in the same boat with my Trezor wallet. They state they will come up with a solution to safely redeem my BCC. However, they have not announced when the firmware will be available.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:57:14 PM

thats right. and this is an interesting text.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-28/bitcoin-civil-war-over

rendiuno

Activity: 340
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:05:17 PM

After 1: 1 result may be BCH will drop to above 50%,
So I am ready to accommodate cheap
JessicaG

Activity: 343
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:05:36 PM

The big question is What will the opening price be?  Is it gonna track BCC Futures, currently at $347?

Economics are so wonderful... Something that doesn't yet even exist (!), is already 'worth' several hundreds of bucks (and based on, what exactly?)...

Shake your Tinkerbell's, because this has got to be the priciest fairy dust I have seen in whole of crypto...

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
anujjain

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:18:01 PM

Not everyone going to claim their BCH after fork. Mostly will wait for stabilize the blockchain and then think about claiming this.
I am not expecting so much movement any side 1st week there.
Kwelstr

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I've got amazing powers of observation

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:29:35 PM

hi,

The solution to your dilemma is rather simple: find an exchange that will support bitcoin cash, send some of your bitcoin holdings (as much as you want to use for trading) to that exchange and after the fork you will be able to buy and sell both coins. The rest of the holdings you will keep in your private wallet for later and you will be able to hold or exchange those in the coming weeks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BitCore has a free airdrop every Monday. Get your free BTX!
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:40:49 PM

hi,

The solution to your dilemma is rather simple: find an exchange that will support bitcoin cash, send some of your bitcoin holdings (as much as you want to use for trading) to that exchange and after the fork you will be able to buy and sell both coins. The rest of the holdings you will keep in your private wallet for later and you will be able to hold or exchange those in the coming weeks.

I have 750K sats of BTC on Yobit. I guess that I'll use that. I haven't moved my BTC from Yobit since the withdrawal fee is still 150K sats. Definitely not worth it to me to get charged a 20% fee, for the added security of having in my Trezor.
digiworld1

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:41:23 PM

Alts have suddenly reversed their trend before August 1 split. Should I still keep holding on to my BTC or go out all on ALTS?

Your in the Bitcoin Cash thread for a reason, free coins Cheesy In the next few months you will have to decide what side of the fence you will be on, you can't ride the wire lol

You could continue to "ride the wire" by keeping your BTC and BCH holding equal.

Also: BTC holders that choose to ignore BCH will essentially be ultimate BCH hodlers.

Ignore on August 1st is the best route for me. Especially since I refuse to transfer my BTC to an exchange that will redeem my BCC and let me trade. By the time I redeem my BCC myself and transfer to an exchange, I would already be beaten to the punch of dumping by those who decided to go ahead and have the BCC ready. Might as well be leisurely. I have nothing to lose If I chose to ignore for now. I can claim my BCC anytime in the future if I want to.

That might works but due to the dumping, this will dramatically decrease price of BCC?
Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:44:03 PM

Not everyone going to claim their BCH after fork. Mostly will wait for stabilize the blockchain and then think about claiming this.
I am not expecting so much movement any side 1st week there.

Agreed with you a lot of people will wait till network get stable and make sure everything is moving forward nice. Let's see what fun bring this HF and how people will react about the future of this new baby.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:52:03 PM

That might works but due to the dumping, this will dramatically decrease price of BCC?

If your intention is to try and dump at an optimal price, just transfer your BTC to ViaBTC.com and dump now. If you don't want to keep your coins on an exchange, due to security concerns, (what just happened to BCE-e customers is a prime example. Though there is a long history of people losing their coins from keeping them on an exchange) then you are probably not going to get an optimal price. It's up to you what you want to do. You can transfer all, some or none of your of your BTC to VIABTC now. (If it is possible. I heard it may be difficult for people to get verified on ViaBTC in a timely manner.)
digiworld1

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:04:28 PM

If your intention is to try and dump at an optimal price, just transfer your BTC to ViaBTC.com and dump now. If you don't want to keep your coins on an exchange, due to security concerns, (what just happened to BCE-e customers is a prime example. Though there is a long history of people losing their coins from keeping them on an exchange) then you are probably not going to get an optimal price. It's up to you what you want to do. You can transfer all, some or none of your of your BTC to VIABTC now. (If it is possible. I heard it may be difficult for people to get verified on ViaBTC in a timely manner.)

Many Thanks! but people losing their coins on exchange for keeping them on the exchange for a long time right. Many exchanges have closed in the past due to hacking problems. But if you just want to trade, then move your coins to wallet then it should be allright?
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:09:31 PM

Many Thanks! but people losing their coins on exchange for keeping them on the exchange for a long time right. Many exchanges have closed in the past due to hacking problems. But if you just want to trade, then move your coins to wallet then it should be allright?

Yes, when you move your coins to an exchange, you take that risk. It's up to you if you will feel the small risk is worth the potential reward. In my case, I am keeping 750K sats on Yobot. It is worth the risk to me to keep it on the exchange rather then withdrawing to my Trezor and only having 600K sats after the withdrawal fee Yobit charges.
digiworld1

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:20:32 PM

Yes, when you move your coins to an exchange, you take that risk. It's up to you if you will feel the small risk is worth the potential reward. In my case, I am keeping 750K sats on Yobot. It is worth the risk to me to keep it on the exchange rather then withdrawing to my Trezor and only having 600K sats after the withdrawal fee Yobit charges.

Kraken and Bifinex also support BCC trading btw.
750K = .75BTC?
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:27:51 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 02:28:49 AM by QFT

The only good thing that came from bitcoincash is that it has given me a new start in crypto again.
Now here comes the dump.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: