Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703591 times)
gnurta

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:33:35 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 12:30:45 PM by gnurta

You are right - there is only one Bitcoin following Satothies Whitepaper,

and this is THIS coin.

... the miners will decide, and the investors will follow.

Good luck with your Blockstream Segwit Altcoin.

Grin

P.S. if you want to be sure you get your BCC (I guess this will change to BTC), put your BTC into paper wallet before the 30th of July !

Most of miners have already signaled support for Segwit. Time to wake up man.
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:37:42 AM

In future this coin will die as there is only one Bitcoin .

Still all the best .

and this is THIS coin.

Grin

P.S. if you want to be sure you get your BCC (I guess this will change to BTC), put your BTC into paper wallet before the 30th of July !

Errrr, no. The miners try to bully, cheat and manipulate the system. Just like a government. Well, you're about to find out that Jihan, for all his studies in psychology, has got this one badly wrong. Price is immaterial, fat cats and their greedy cartels can jog on.

Think of it as a long overdue Brexit for Bitcoin. How did that pan out for the corrupt elites?

Enjoy the dumpfest.

PanneKopp

Activity: 391

aka ...

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:53:50 AM

Most of miners have already signal support for Segwit. Time to wake up man.

... wait until Blockstream and the USAF-Trolls deny the 2x part of the agreement !

(they promised many times they will do so)

Tongue

... please make an educated guess !
jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:54:50 AM

In future this coin will die as there is only one Bitcoin .

Still all the best .

and this is THIS coin.

Grin

You tell me which miners are going to support this shitcoin. All miners are signalling Segwit, which will be activated soon. you are a fool to believe otherwise.

Dont be delusional..

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

Racer8

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:56:09 AM

To avoid a full synch of the bitcoinabc.org wallet can I point it at a copy of the core blockchain?

why do you even need the entire blockchain, anything before the fork is irrelevant, it's old chain, so why not just truncate the chain and make it a smaller download?

Thanks but when I start the ABC wallet it starts synching from 8 years ago.  I don't know how to truncate a chain so can I use a copy of the current core chain?
PanneKopp

aka ...

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:59:14 AM

Dont be delusional..

That´s what I am.

Smiley

jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:01:21 PM

Dont be delusional..

That´s what I am.

Smiley

Good luck then..

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

PanneKopp

aka ...

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:20:45 PM

Most of miners have already signal support for Segwit. Time to wake up man.

... wait until Blockstream and the USAF-Trolls deny the 2x part of the agreement !

(they promised many times they will do so)

Tongue

time will tell, but be prepared

Wink

junan1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:28:03 PM

To avoid a full synch of the bitcoinabc.org wallet can I point it at a copy of the core blockchain?

Surely.  Maybe try:
  • Close both Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin Core.
  • Locate the "blocks" directory for each implementation.
  • Backup ABC's blocks directory.
  • Copy the contents of Core's blocks directory to ABC's blocks directory
  • Start Bitcoin ABC.

I'm not in a position to try this so I can't be more precise.

Given that Bitcoin ABC is a derivative of Bitcoin Core, I would expect it to be able to handle the situation.  It will probably want to rescan or something but it shouldn't try to download the blockchain it already has.

If it fails then you can recover from the backup and continue syncing.  You could also think about waiting for Bitcoin Unlimited's implementation.
PanneKopp

aka ...

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

ain´t it it better, just to wait a night to sync ?

Shocked

junan1

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:58:20 PM

Most other coins I've used that forked, you only had to download the blockchain from the point of split. you didn't have to do a full sync, the drawback was you couldn't use the old tokens in the new wallet. the drawback with bitcoin ABC is the entire bitcoin blockchain is a beast. 99 gigs. it's a monster and takes several days to sync a wallet.

Yes, many altcoin developers have taken some old version of Bitcoin Core as a starting point for their own projects.  They've forked this codebase but have not forked Bitcoin's blockchain.

Bitcoin's blockchain is currently 477175 blocks long and 123.4 GB in size:
Code:
user@host:~$ du -c .bitcoin/blocks/blk*
123414136 total

Notice that with full, 8MB blocks, BitcoinCash's blockchain would grow this much by mid-November.  I don't expect BitcoinCash's blocks will be anywhere near full but I think this observation highlights the BitcoinCash philosophy.  Long term, the initial 123.4 GB is but a drop in the bucket.
Caztiel

Activity: 773
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:25:51 PM

Kwelstr

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I've got amazing powers of observation

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:26:41 PM

When is the ElectrumCash wallet going to be ready and will I be able to use alongside my regular Electrum wallet?

Check this http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/hardfork.html

Great, thanks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BitCore has a free airdrop every Monday. Get your free BTX!
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:53:46 PM

It looks like you believe by throwing a lot of terminology into your thread title that is going to get more attention but it does it what exactly is one-to-one what sort of work is that is that a fork in it a separate coin altogether is it a fork or you're tempting to destroy the original coin which wouldn't be a fork what exactly do you have going on?
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:21:29 PM

me too  Cool

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
meprun

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:02:47 PM

To bad some people still live in denial, and dont know a fork must happen, one way or another.
This is the real threath bitcoin has today, those conversative people who think everything can still stay the same.

I dont blame bitcoin cash for forking earlier due to a very dumb approach to solve the problem in 100 steps everytime damaging the market.  
Only segwit is no option for now.
First upgrade the mb size then, we can be creative again in finding new and better solutions in the future.
Instead of crippling bitcoin with segwit, to make it walk on one leg and starve into dead to make it faster kind of shit.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:04:19 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 03:45:27 PM by bones261

Is there any chance for our private keys getting stolen when we import them in a possible rogue BitcoinABC wallet?

Yes. However, sticking to the official links posted by the OP should be OK, especially since the OP is a bitcointalk staff member. Plus, I don't think Bitmain, who backed the development of this coin, would sacrifice their reputation on releasing a trojan. But you never know in this crazy cryptocoin community.

it actually is a possibility! bitcoinABC is not exactly being released by bitmain. it is a source code on Github with these people (https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/commits/master) who we don't even know are making the changes and commit them to the code.

the code is not even the fork of bitcoin! which means it is impossible for us to go through all of the code, line by line to check where the shenanigans are. if it was simply forked from bitcoin there were a link under the name indicating this and then you could simply compare the two repositories to see only the changes.
see the SegWit2x (btc1) repo, you will understand what i mean. it is simple and fast to check all the changes they have made to the code of bitcoin core.

long story short, i would not trust this client at all unless i can understand the code. which i don't have the time for.

p.s. it doesn't even have to be a trojan to leak your private keys. (just an example:) imagine if the way you make the transactions with their code has a bug in it that produces weak signatures and leaks your private keys when you sign a raw transaction and broadcast it!

I guess the best solution if you want both coins is to stick all of your coins onto a paper wallet that you generated offline. Then after the fork, sweep the coins into the old chain, then sweep the coins onto this chain. Then only the private key(s) in the paper wallet are insecure, and you could simply not use the private key(s) for that paper wallet ever again.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:05:48 PM

To bad some people still live in denial, and dont know a fork must happen, one way or another.
This is the real threath bitcoin has today, those conversative people who think everything can still stay the same.

I dont blame bitcoin cash for forking earlier due to a very dumb approach to solve the problem in 100 steps everytime damaging the market.  
First upgrade the mb size then, we can be creative again in finding new and better solutions in the future.
Instead of crippling bitcoin with segwit, to make it walk on one leg and starve into dead to make it faster kind of shit.
I agree, let's fork it

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:23:48 PM

it's forking anyway but what they should've done is wait to see what effect or benefits segwit would have. if it was clear that it wasn't any type of magic bullet then they could fork and probably have way more support.

the timing of this is just dumb.
meprun

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:43:55 PM

it's forking anyway but what they should've done is wait to see what effect or benefits segwit would have. if it was clear that it wasn't any type of magic bullet then they could fork and probably have way more support.

the timing of this is just dumb.

Timing?? They should have waited after segwit?
Then there is no difference with segwit2x anymore and two coins are the same if segwit2x also came in existence.
So there is no conflict then, only the first one to draw the fork.
And if i understood segwit well it is the stripping transactions of seemingly unnecessary data to make it go faster.
Why should anyone see that as an improvement? I would like to see a bitcoin sending as much as data as possible!
At lighting speed ofcourse.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: