Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703572 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:59:37 AM

How much is hard cap?

Dude. Or dudette. It's bitcoin. Hence, 21M

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nick1492

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:21:32 AM

Definitely Bitcoin Cash is bitcoin. Only just a product of the fork. BCH will take its place as bitcoin that will be used to transfer coins to fiat money. Other exchanges around the world are now working on their central banks to accredit BCH as a medium of exchange.

tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:34:09 AM

I see that several people get their trust level downgraded to negative if they criticize BTC.

What's up with that?  Is this supposed to be an echo chamber?

Yes. Theymos declared this statement of guiding principle some months ago.

theymos's post on this, for reference

I would consider it if it became a widespread, spammy problem, but I don't think that many people are confusing Bitcoin with Bcash on this forum. If someone is fraudulently passing off Bcash as Bitcoin, the most appropriate response is probably to give that person negative trust.

I consider the name "Bitcoin Cash" to be deceptive, but that's on the people behind it: I don't consider it deceptive/fraudulent for people to merely refer to that cryptocurrency as Bitcoin Cash.

Mrnat

Activity: 151
Merit: 101

Believe in Yourself, Do Magic, Be the Magic!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 11:55:02 AM

correction time....
big btab/btc/segwit1x dump on the way

Boom 16K sucker  Grin

BTC is going to the moon today, almost hit 18000$ at CexIo, and to the end of the year predictions are 25000$, next year 100000$..For BTC everything is possible, so so good, I love BTC Smiley

I sold out bch when it was 1600-1460-1300 and exchanged them to btc

Wise choice  Wink

I don't know about BCH, I still have some,but mostly sold. Also expect higher price and hope also BCH will rice soon. I don't know comparing to BTC, BCH is still dropping, maybe in $ is still good price. BTC will and has influence to other Crypto currencies .

Look deeper, much deeper, dive inside the drama, and you will realize there is much more between bitcoin and bitcoin cash than the price and the history chain, when you will have everything clear, you will understand the true potential of each and its future,
Keep diving bro

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2077

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:27:56 PM

correction time....

Boom 16K sucker  Grin

BTC is going to the moon today, almost hit 18000$ at CexIo, and to the end of the year predictions are 25000$, next year 100000$..For BTC everything is possible, so so good, I love BTC Smiley

Wise choice  Wink

I don't know about BCH, I still have some,but mostly sold. Also expect higher price and hope also BCH will rice soon. I don't know comparing to BTC, BCH is still dropping, maybe in $ is still good price. BTC will and has influence to other Crypto currencies .

Look deeper, much deeper, dive inside the drama, and you will realize there is much more between bitcoin and bitcoin cash than the price and the history chain, when you will have everything clear, you will understand the true potential of each and its future,
Keep diving bro
utter bollocks. so many shitcoins much better than this one.let me ckeck my crystal ball ................BTC $100000 wink wink

$100,000 BTC in one hour
moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:54:47 PM

correction time....

Boom 16K sucker  Grin

Wise choice  Wink

Keep diving bro
utter bollocks. so many shitcoins much better than this one.let me ckeck my crystal ball ................BTC $100000 wink wink

Are you sure about this?
You have to admit that BCH is now top 3 cryptocurrency.
If BTC hit $100000 someday, BCH should be around $10000

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 02:20:36 PM

I see that several people get their trust level downgraded to negative if they criticize BTC.

Hmpff - looks I'm a lame goose - not gotten any decoration yet...

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
lsd400

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:22:52 PM

people you have to understand ...bcash is just a BTC fork...did ver worked on bitcoin core dev ? when did he code something ever ?  come on...bcash is just a joke

Isn't Segwit BTC a fork as well? Correct if I'm wrong.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2077

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:29:12 PM

correction time....

Boom 16K sucker  Grin

Wise choice  Wink

Keep diving bro

Are you sure about this?
You have to admit that BCH is now top 3 cryptocurrency.
If BTC hit $100000 someday, BCH should be around $10000

it's in the top 3 because ver ,wu and friends are propping it up and at the same time confusing newcomers with there lies . I don't no shit  sold litecoin at $240 and now look . the truth is we don't no how things are going to play out and that's what makes it so exciting

$100,000 BTC in one hour
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 02:58:56 PM

people you have to understand ...bcash is just a BTC fork...did ver worked on bitcoin core dev ? when did he code something ever ?  come on...bcash is just a joke

Isn't Segwit BTC a fork as well? Correct if I'm wrong.

You are correct - no doubt. It's just deployed with a soft fork - not hard as Bitcoin Cash.

curt0

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:29:25 PM

theymos's post on this, for reference

I would consider it if it became a widespread, spammy problem, but I don't think that many people are confusing Bitcoin with Bcash on this forum. If someone is fraudulently passing off Bcash as Bitcoin, the most appropriate response is probably to give that person negative trust.

I consider the name "Bitcoin Cash" to be deceptive, but that's on the people behind it: I don't consider it deceptive/fraudulent for people to merely refer to that cryptocurrency as Bitcoin Cash.

Well then, why did I get a negative trust?  I didn't claim that Bcash is Bitcoin.

Bitcoin Cash is a fork of Bitcoin, just like Bitcoin is a fork of Bitcoin.
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:33:36 PM

What's up with that?  Is this supposed to be an echo chamber?

Maybe try to use less words over 9 letters each so the core devs and Lauda can understand you..  ;

here is a large platinum coin for you;  

And just know you are our blood brother with red ink till the end even if the bct overlords have omitted yours!

you know many a genius has described the moment of their idea as like a mental flash of light;

Victorio

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:06:43 PM

Bitbobb,
So far 2 people have answered you about SDRs:
http://jbreher
http://me
I am waiting for my BCH to buy a coffee and some muffins.
Wish Roger Ver's shop sold RAM for desktops, I'd spend the prize there  Cool

lonesomestranger

Activity: 770
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:07:01 PM

Definitely Bitcoin Cash is bitcoin. Only just a product of the fork. BCH will take its place as bitcoin that will be used to transfer coins to fiat money. Other exchanges around the world are now working on their central banks to accredit BCH as a medium of exchange.

No, it is not! BCH is a fork of Bitcoin and will always remain a fork! They should both coexist, BCH and Bitcoin, in the meaning that BCH is a lite version of Bitcoin, an alternative for paying less fees, to have faster transaction, but never ever BCH or any other forked coin will replace Bitcoin, in my opinion!

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 07:07:44 PM

What's up with that?  Is this supposed to be an echo chamber?

Maybe try to use less words over 9 letters each so the core devs and Lauda can understand you..  ;

here is a large platinum coin for you;  

And just know you are our blood brother with red ink till the end even if the bct overlords have omitted yours!

you know many a genius has described the moment of their idea as like a mental flash of light;

Hehe, cool. I take a copy and will hodl it for ever. Thanks  Grin

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:30:36 PM

Bitbobb,
http://me
I am waiting for my BCH to buy a coffee and some muffins.
Wish Roger Ver's shop sold RAM for desktops, I'd spend the prize there  Cool

Thank you for participation. really thank you!!  However none of the answers are correct thus far and I never agreed to reward participation only the correct answer.  The un did not invent SDR's unlike the popular myth they post everywhere..

I knew this topic was hard to find answers to using any modern internet search methodologies.  Unless you studied this topic a long time ago or know how to offline research then it will be hard to find.

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:24:24 PM

Bitbobb,

yeah... Bitbobb answered me in PM. Evidently, I made a false claim about the origin of the SDR. Accordingly, my answer was deemed unworthy. I wasn't clear that the origin of the SDR was a necessary part of the answer, but I'm fine with the outcome. Bitbobb's challenge, Bitbobb's rules.

Thanks tho.

(hey look - I'm a TLD!)

XD

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:17:30 PM

Bitbobb,

yeah... Bitbobb answered me in PM. Evidently, I made a false claim about the origin of the SDR. Accordingly, my answer was deemed unworthy. I wasn't clear that the origin of the SDR was a necessary part of the answer, but I'm fine with the outcome. Bitbobb's challenge, Bitbobb's rules.

Thanks tho.

(hey look - I'm a TLD!)

XD

"when first inquiring [into] a thing start with the name"

the name:  SDR = stands for special drawing rights

from there we need more info.  Origin would be a perfect answer I also will accept historical references that predate formation of the UN for lesser credit.. lol.

the UN will tell you they were invented in 1969.  This is false.  Therefore any further discussion gets muddied if begun from a false premise..

I will release the history on SDR along with related documentation very soon if no one nails it.

But let me take this opportunity to point out a small irony: bitcoin core dev trolls will tell you that seg wit coin is bitcoin just like the UN will tell you SDR was invented at the 1969 bretton woods meeting.  some core trolls will tell you that satoshi's paper needed re-write lol.  Whereas the UN simply wipes the internet of any reference not to their liking Wink

Do they not know that a superior academic idea can supplant an inferior one?  Instead they will destroy a previous innovation and keep the name on the paper to fool future users?  That is called fraud.

An inquiry into a thing properly begins with the name.  However it does not end there..  the nature of the thing is also important to final understanding..

Victorio

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:17:32 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 12:31:00 AM by Victorio

Bitbobb,
You were referring "bancor" as the academic predecessor of Special Drawing Rights.
John Maynard Keynes and Ernst Friedrich Schumacher proposed the concept of supranational currency - bancor, that would replace gold in international trade. It was intended as an unit of account to value and clear trade flows, through the multilateral clearing system - International Clearing Union. Each nation would have a limit of bancor, corresponding to its share in global trade. The scope of bancor was to achieve balanced trade among countries and enforce multilateral economic relations - going from bilateral relations to economic regionalism. At that age, bilateral relations were represented among colonies and the metropole (United Kingdom or France) and the ICU implementation would have brought globalization faster.
Gold could have been exchanged for bancor, but not vice-versa. Bancor was never meant as value of store, like physical gold.
Export increases the bancor balance, import - decreases and the mechanism incentivizes a zero balance: the surplus would have been partially held/retained to the ICU Reserve Fund and the deficit would have led to devaluation of the national currency, to become export-competitive and bring the balance back to zero. Rather than being fined, a country would boost its export or import.
It supposed fixed exchange rate between bancor and each national currency. The rate would have been revised when the country crossed the limit of bancor - surplus countries should appreciate the currency, deficit countries - depreciate the currency.
Similar to actual IMF, indebted countries would be under severe financial discipline. Unlike the actual IMF, wealthy, surplus nations would also be under scrutiny and required to implement tight monetary policies.

Multilateral Clearing (Economica Journal, 1943): http://www.centerforneweconomics.org/documents/copy-e-f-schumacher-multilateral-clearing-economica-new-series-vol-10-no-38-may-1943-pp-15
Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bancor, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Clearing_Union

My opinion:
IMF has a broader scope than ICU would have had.
From my POV, IMF focuses more on financial stability rather than trade balance and emphasizes the role of international capital flows. IMF decisions are political decisions, because the SDR is an instrument of higher flexibility than bancor would have been and the strong bends rules to favor him. I tend to see bancor as a self-adjusting mechanism (even a smart-contract), where the decisions are made upon economic performance, not political influence.
It is unclear how would have changed the total amount of banco in response to global GDP increasing. Each country needs higher limit to meet increased export/import volume - either new bancors are issued according the global trade % increase, or each national currency buys less bancor, i.e. bancor become more valuable.
Another sweetspot of bancor for libertarians would be the detachment from any government money. Bancor would not depend on one or 5 currencies.

On one hand, ICU and bancor would have smoothened the income inequality among nations. On the other hand, it would have limited credit issuance and I strongly consider credit a good for the humanity. Debt has a lot of negative consequences when mishandled, but it also drives progress - allowing for expansion and setting higher goals to attain.

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:11:26 AM

But let me take this opportunity to point out a small irony: bitcoin core dev trolls will tell you that seg wit coin is bitcoin just like the UN will tell you SDR was invented at the 1969 bretton woods meeting.  

Hey look - there's an important lesson encased in this simple challenge. I like it.

Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: