Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703517 times)
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:12:27 AM

lots of  red as expected, but i dont think it wil last long, the market held very nicely above $500bill  Smiley

BCH is cheap now, im buying more. ...i see btc $$ coming into BCH.
...if it goes lower ill keep buying  Smiley

BCH is btc guys...the sooner everyone wakes up and realises the better.
Its the true fork, BCH forked 1 day before segwit infected and basically killed off the old slow btc chain.

btc was needing upgraded, the only way was to hardfork,however for the first time, the old fork kept the name and ticker...but for how long?

as more value & infrastructure comes into BCH , it will eventually become the true upgraded bitcoin  (cheaper,faster and private)
the old chain will fade away and will become an alt coin called segwit1x
 like when eth forked off from the dao and the old eth chain became etc while the new chain continued as eth.

BUY , ACCUMULATE AND HODL BCH
2018, 1 BCH= $25K+
  Cool Kiss

ETH Officially upgraded (Like SegWit) but a small group didn't like the upgrade (Like Bcash community) therefore released ETC (Like Bcash) causing a minority chain

The same happened when Bcash Upgraded (New DAA) a small group did not like the change (Clashic Community) therefore went of on their own (Bitcoin Clashic) causing a minority chain

Fun Fact the Clashic chain is now ahead of the Bcash chain in blocks but way behind in accumulated difficulty just the same as Bcash is ahead of Bitcoin in blocks but way behind in accumulated difficulty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1075

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:19:23 AM

lots of  red as expected, but i dont think it wil last long, the market held very nicely above $500bill  Smiley

...if it goes lower ill keep buying  Smiley

Its the true fork, BCH forked 1 day before segwit infected and basically killed off the old slow btc chain.

btc was needing upgraded, the only way was to hardfork,however for the first time, the old fork kept the name and ticker...but for how long?

as more value & infrastructure comes into BCH , it will eventually become the true upgraded bitcoin  (cheaper,faster and private)
 like when eth forked off from the dao and the old eth chain became etc while the new chain continued as eth.

2018, 1 BCH= $25K+
 Cool Kiss

ETH Officially upgraded (Like SegWit) but a small group didn't like the upgrade (Like Bcash community) therefore released ETC (Like Bcash) causing a minority chain

The same happened when Bcash Upgraded (New DAA) a small group did not like the change (Clashic Community) therefore went of on their own (Bitcoin Clashic) causing a minority chain

Fun Fact the Clashic chain is now ahead of the Bcash chain in blocks but way behind in accumulated difficulty just the same as Bcash is ahead of Bitcoin in blocks but way behind in accumulated difficulty

wrong wrong wrong
Firstly segwit is not an upgrade,. we have discussed this many times, you know its not.
trust me, i know exactly what happned with eth and how etc came about, i was in the thick of it...check me old posts if you want.
eth forked and took its name with it, etc kept the old chain but not the name.

you still havent told me if your part of adams shill team?
tbh im convinced you are somehow involved with blockstream, you have been here from day1 in this thread only and never have anything positive to say for BCH..why?
who the fk spends 4months daily on a thread to fud?  
are you adam? lols   im mean you could be , i hear gmaxwell is lauda. is this what you guys do instead of working as devs...you troll forums fulltime?

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:25:35 AM

lots of  red as expected, but i dont think it wil last long, the market held very nicely above $500bill  Smiley

as more value & infrastructure comes into BCH , it will eventually become the true upgraded bitcoin  (cheaper,faster and private)

2018, 1 BCH= $25K+
 Cool Kiss

wrong wrong wrong
trust me, i know exactly what happned with eth and how etc came about, i was in the thick of it...check me old posts if you want.

tbh im convinced you are somehow involved with blockstream, you have been here from day1 in this thread only and never have anything positive to say for BCH..why?
are you adam? lols   im mean you could be , i hear gmaxwell is lauda. is this what you guys do instead of working as devs...you troll forums fulltime?

Yes ETH forked and took the name but it was an official fork just like when Bcash went with the new DAA and left clashic the point was it was official and not some disgruntled miners

I have nothing to do with blockstream and im far from here daily ive barely been here recently and in the time ive not this place has been pretty much dead

It's already been proved over and over that miners are fueled by mining whatever coin is most profitable so ask yourself WHY would the miners try and fork off to a coin that reduces fees to nothing (their profits) without an alternative motive behind it

Mefestofel_Mefis

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:26:07 AM

Great article. The only thing I’d mention is that ASICBOOST is neither patented nor discovered by Jihan/Bitmain. Timo Hanke and Sergio Lerner hold the patent, and Bitmain used it without their knowledge or approval.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:34:55 AM

2018, 1 BCH= $25K+
 Cool Kiss

wrong wrong wrong

Yes ETH forked and took the name but it was an official fork just like when Bcash went with the new DAA and left clashic the point was it was official and not some disgruntled miners

I have nothing to do with blockstream and im far from here daily ive barely been here recently and in the time ive not this place has been pretty much dead

eth fork was official because the community was and is behind the great dev team and its a combined effort to make eth hardforks work smoothly.

btc hardfork was not easy with so many factions in the whole community and no natural leader(satoshi gone)
blockstream were given a chance, they were given time...in the end no one is happy about what the have done to btc.
It will take a bit off time but eventually everyone will understand how and why forks are essential to crypto upgrades...
and if the newer fork has a bigger community backing then it gets the old forks..name,value and infrastructure....as it always has been on all crypto coins.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:40:33 AM

2018, 1 BCH= $25K+
 Cool Kiss

wrong wrong wrong

eth fork was official because the community was and is behind the great dev team and its a combined effort to make eth hardforks work smoothly.

btc hardfork was not easy with so many factions in the whole community and no natural leader(satoshi gone)
blockstream were given a chance, they were given time...in the end no one is happy about what the have done to btc.
It will take a bit off time but eventually everyone will understand how and why forks are essential to crypto upgrades...
and if the newer fork has a bigger community backing then it gets the old forks..name,value and infrastructure....as it always has been on all crypto coins.

Why did you feel the need to cut this line from my replies and totally ignore it like it was not there ?

It's already been proved over and over that miners are fueled by mining whatever coin is most profitable so ask yourself WHY would the miners try and fork off to a coin that reduces fees to nothing (their profits) without an alternative motive behind it
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:43:38 AM

^
ididnt cut anything lol,
where did you say it before? lol
ahh i see it now...BECAUSE YOU FKN EDITED IT AFTER I QUOTED YOU ...duh
reduces fees to nothing....you talking about segwit?lightining ?thunder?

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:56:23 AM

^
ididnt cut anything lol,

I added it straight away and you replied like 5 mins after I edited that's why I asked

No im talking about you all going on about sub cent fees which last I checked Bcash was now up to 10c per transaction on average so rising already but once block rewards have gone 99% will be gone in 10 years then all miners can earn are fees and with such low fees the miners won't earn anything so why would miners that are incentified by rewards push for a chain that will be dropping their mining rewards without alternative motives
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:25:51 PM

^
ididnt cut anything lol,

I added it straight away and you replied like 5 mins after I edited that's why I asked

No im talking about you all going on about sub cent fees which last I checked Bcash was now up to 10c per transaction on average so rising already but once block rewards have gone 99% will be gone in 10 years then all miners can earn are fees and with such low fees the miners won't earn anything so why would miners that are incentified by rewards push for a chain that will be dropping their mining rewards without alternative motives

so your saying, when btc/bch stops being mined the miners need high fees...this is a blockstream saying from a while back, i remember it well.
they give us high fees now to prepare us for when the blocks stop getting mined..like in 100years time i think, not 10yrs.
basically what you are calling a problem isnt a problem for a very very long time.

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 12:43:01 PM

^
ididnt cut anything lol,

so your saying, when btc/bch stops being mined the miners need high fees...this is a blockstream saying from a while back, i remember it well.
they give us high fees now to prepare us for when the blocks stop getting mined..like in 100years time i think, not 10yrs.
basically what you are calling a problem isnt a problem for a very very long time.

No I said 99% will be gone in 10 years with the further 1% going over the next 100 years were at about 80% now

So there are several possible outcomes

1. The fees will start getting really high really fast (Unlikely with unlimited blockspace as proposed)
2. Miners just start abandoning for the higher profitability coin and leave BCH weak and dying or refusing to mine low fee transactions forcing higher fees
3. With unlimited blocks and more centralised nodes in the hands of the miners they will force a higher total supply printing money at will inflating way past the 21m cap (Possible)

The miners/creators of BCH are not thinking about long term just what they can get now and as fast as possible

What are your thoughts on when the mining rewards start dwindling away and relying on fees what will happen

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:09:36 PM

^
ididnt cut anything lol,

No I said 99% will be gone in 10 years with the further 1% going over the next 100 years were at about 80% now

1. The fees will start getting really high really fast (Unlikely with unlimited blockspace as proposed)
2. Miners just start abandoning for the higher profitability coin and leave BCH weak and dying or refusing to mine low fee transactions forcing higher fees
3. With unlimited blocks and more centralised nodes in the hands of the miners they will force a higher total supply printing money at will inflating way past the 21m cap (Possible)

The miners/creators of BCH are not thinking about long term just what they can get now and as fast as possible

What are your thoughts on when the mining rewards start dwindling away and relying on fees what will happen

what are my thoughts on miners fees after 10years and up too the next 100years?
2028-2128....hmmm damn thats a long time away....im sure alot will happen by then....tbh i dont know except it has to it evolve...as it currently has into BCH  Smiley
To give us a slow and extremly high fee service today is your solution on old btc chain...i think your trying to solve something that doesnt exist.
i prefer the way BCH is doing it...nakamoto styleee  Wink

let me ask you something...
since segwit is now permanently part of old btc chain, is it fair that it keeps the ticker/name?
tbh it should be btcsegwit1x or something to help people identify what it actually is.

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 01:30:39 PM

^
ididnt cut anything lol,

what are my thoughts on miners fees after 10years and up too the next 100years?
2028-2128....hmmm damn thats a long time away....im sure alot will happen by then....tbh i dont know except it has to it evolve...as it currently has into BCH  Smiley
To give us a slow and extremly high fee service today is your solution on old btc chain...i think your trying to solve something that doesnt exist.
i prefer the way BCH is doing it...nakamoto styleee  Wink

Temporary slow and its not really slow its just more expensive but like you say a lot can happen but as a system for trading $1 to $1,000,000 and more is it fair that the people needing to use $1 has to be forced to the same fee structure as those sending thousands and millions when the small transactions can be taken off the chain and used for practically free for a much smaller cost of doing just a single on the chain transaction while those that need to store and send thousands can do it on chain and pay towards the miners fees without forcing the tiny transactions into the same class

And before you say about locking up your BTC for weeks or months this is not the case you can close a channel and put your BTC back on chain at ANY time at the click of a button I have opened a channel sent maybe 20 or so of transactions for the tiniest amount and closed it putting funds back on chain within an hour from start to finish including waiting for confirmations

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 01:40:31 PM

And before you say about locking up your BTC for weeks or months this is not the case you can close a channel and put your BTC back on chain at ANY time at the click of a button I have opened a channel sent maybe 0or so of transactions for the tiniest amount and closed it putting funds back on chain within an hour from start to finish including waiting for confirmations

LN has not been activated yet, so your saying how the vaporware works is speculation , as a final released version may be changed.

If you open a channel with someone and send them funds and then say you can cancel immediately.
You basically saying you can double spend at will and steal your money back.
So you might want to rethink that.   LOL.

╥Aztek

The specifications already are finalised and being used on the real chain

And no you cannot just close and double spend because when you closed the final balance is settled not the one you opened

Say I open for 1BTC with you and then send you 0.5BTC over LN and then close the channel we both then get 0.5BTC settled back into our wallets this is not double spending you are closing the channel in its current state not the state it was opened with

BTW here is a real in chain transaction https://twitter.com/alexbosworth/status/946175898029395968

It's closed for everyone to use right now and no mainnet GUI wallets they are all still locked to testnet but that will change once the public release candidate is released for everyone to use

esabel

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:48:57 PM

Today I saw a lot of marketing articles about "BCH", which is good because it means more people will know about BCH
standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:50:48 PM

Today I saw a lot of marketing articles about "BCH", which is good because it means more people will know about BCH

BCH is so far the most popular bitcoin fork. I believe more and more people will get to know it.
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:00:47 PM

I just find the name just so convenient.

This Bitcoin copy is not created on its merits, it NEEDS the name Bitcoin in it to give it legs. Ver has insisted on this in his mindless clip and my God he shows absolutely zero professionalism...ZERO.

If the coin was so good it could be called underpantsgnome coin or zip coin and survive on its own merits.

It seems to now have served its purpose at the expense of others, but benefited the antagonists.

Its only a matter of time it will sink back into obscurity and be the base of so many more memes, and if you had just used some individual name people would at least give the merit it deserves due to its individuality.

With all the FUD coming out about this Bcash with Coinbase and CNBC, its digging its own grave.

This all could have been avoided if an individual name was used, but now everyone can see the play on the name was deliberate, the collusion that then ensued as well, will end this clone.

BTW i got dibs on the underpantsgome coin so dont steal that!!!  Cheesy Grin

you assume that people understood bitcoin from a technical perspective.  Actions of core at best show they do not..

thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:05:24 PM

BCH is so far the most popular bitcoin fork. I believe more and more people will get to know it.

Actually several people are already familiar with this fork, especially after this monstrous increase of bitcoin and even BCH.

OI
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:14:34 PM

And no you cannot just close and double spend because when you closed the final balance is settled not the one you opened

Say I open for 1BTC with you and then send you 0.5BTC over LN and then close the channel we both then get 0.5BTC settled back into our wallets this is not double spending you are closing the channel in its current state not the state it was opened with

Tek , you always leave out important details.

The whole point to the LN scams is the Time Locking as the whole thing is unsafe without.
They might allow that in the testing trials, but don't expect it to be in the released version.

You do realize you are giving out the exact opposite information of the LN Devs, which have always claimed the channels would be opened for weeks or months, claiming what you are claiming shows you are misinformed of what the final release will be like.
Which is why there is no reason to speculate on it as that quick disable channel feature will be removed before public release.

So until your vapor ware is released to the public and on the regular chain for normal use, quit the bs.

Plus are you saving up the million of US Dollars needed to buy that banking license to run a LN HUB.
 LOL.
or
are you just going to jail as a Money Launder.

╥Aztek

Yeah after the 2008 "event" the buy price to open a bank was increased a lot. The funny thing is that capital requirement is what was normally used to loan from.  But banks have moved from this practice many, many years ago.  And yes the irony is lost on people I assure you.  These days it is just a barrier to entry into a profession engaged in illegality.  I will just guess if you need to ask how much is the buy in then you do not have that much lol.  In the past 5 people could pool a million.  These days it is much more than this amt.

For background since 2009 like zero new banks have opened in the USA.

And now we are starting to see further de-regulation for the banking industry across state and national borders.  Since heaven forbid there should be any competition barriers to the industry that services the government granted private credit monopoly under one roof..

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:16:31 PM

The whole point to the LN scams is the Time Locking as the whole thing is unsafe without.
They might allow that in the testing trials, but don't expect it to be in the released version.

You do realize you are giving out the exact opposite information of the LN Devs, which have always claimed the channels would be opened for weeks or months, claiming what you are claiming shows you are misinformed of what the final release will be like.
Which is why there is no reason to speculate on it as that quick disable channel feature will be removed before public release.

So until your vapor ware is released to the public and on the regular chain for normal use, quit the bs.

Plus are you saving up the million of US Dollars needed to buy that banking license to run a LN HUB.
 LOL.

╥Aztek

And you are going round trying to inform people with old outdated information outstanding issues from very early alpha releases things move on the releases that are in use on testnet are identical to what will be used on mainnet thats the whole idea of a test network to test final code.

And are you still trying to spread the LN banking FUD  it's quite pathetic that you actually believe what you say either that or you just hope what you say is true you may as well go the full distance and say mining will be regulated and require KYC too since you are processing transactions and being paid for it

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:24:51 PM

LOL.

╥Aztek

And you are going round trying to inform people with old outdated information outstanding issues from very early alpha releases things move on the releases that are in use on testnet are identical to what will be used on mainnet thats the whole idea of a test network to test final code.

And are you still trying to spread the LN banking FUD  it's quite pathetic that you actually believe what you say either that or you just hope what you say is true you may as well go the full distance and say mining will be regulated and require KYC too since you are processing transactions and being paid for it

not supported by strict rules of evidence.  the ln schema as I have seen it you would be directly involved.
  trusting math was not just a catch phrase.  It meant actually trusting math.  You just did not see the problem.

Pages: « 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: