Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:23:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WDC] Worldcoin | 0.17.1 Released! | AuxPoW w/ LWMA diff algorithm. Resync Req.  (Read 441966 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:35:26 AM

I think its a bad idea to change something that important in the middle of the coin production. It would bring more scam accusations and finger pointing in to WDC threads and forum.
I would be against it even tho i hold a lot of WDC.

DRK subsidy and total coins cut was done only to manipulate its price and make devs pot larger. Anybody who does some research, knows that what happened to DRK during its first days was not an accident, but a simple con job.

I totally agree but dilution is dilution.  Sure the pot of existing shareholders would grow bigger, but so would the pot of the smallest holder, by the same %.

So cutting the max cap is a fair way to increase the value of all shareholders, equally, without taking anything from anyone and without any monetary expenses.

It really is no different than a stock BuyBack which also raises the % ownership of all shareholders.

It was just a thought.  I own around 12,000 WDC coins which is very little.  But I would still like to see something done to any older coin which is sinking lower and lower while the new hyped coins get all the glory and unfair valuations.

Cheers!

Your 12k WDC will be worth at least 12k dollars in a few months. Just hold strong Smiley

can i ask why you think that

I was gonna ask the same thing but I didn't.  I think it's just the general optimism people have about their preferred coins.

It would be Great if he proves to be correct.  Even $1, that's a massive gain % wise.

It is one of the oldest coin that hasen't died. It is listen on the biggest markets like Chinese Bter.com Btc38.com and others like Vircurex and Cryptsy.
So when next Bitcoin bubble will come (and most certain it will) then the wave of newcomers will be much bigger than last year and first they will do after they will buy Bitcoin will be to clear sell orders of coins that will be avaliable on the biggest exchanges. WDC is among them. Olders players in crypto world are aware of that and slowly buy right now.
WDC has hit 100k Satoshis at the peak during last bubble so it was about 1 dollar.
Will it go so high again? I don't know because we have so many other altcoins but the thing is only few of them are traded on most of the biggest exchanges and this fact gives me the feeling that it can rise so much one more time.
This is my theory if the next Bitcoin boom will come. As you can see it doesn't apply only to WDC but for a several coins that community is still active and are traded together on coin limited Chinese markets and others markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stevetrac

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:37:47 PM

I think its a bad idea to change something that important in the middle of the coin production. It would bring more scam accusations and finger pointing in to WDC threads and forum.
I would be against it even tho i hold a lot of WDC.

DRK subsidy and total coins cut was done only to manipulate its price and make devs pot larger. Anybody who does some research, knows that what happened to DRK during its first days was not an accident, but a simple con job.

I totally agree but dilution is dilution.  Sure the pot of existing shareholders would grow bigger, but so would the pot of the smallest holder, by the same %.

So cutting the max cap is a fair way to increase the value of all shareholders, equally, without taking anything from anyone and without any monetary expenses.

It really is no different than a stock BuyBack which also raises the % ownership of all shareholders.

It was just a thought.  I own around 12,000 WDC coins which is very little.  But I would still like to see something done to any older coin which is sinking lower and lower while the new hyped coins get all the glory and unfair valuations.

Cheers!

Your 12k WDC will be worth at least 12k dollars in a few months. Just hold strong Smiley

can i ask why you think that

I was gonna ask the same thing but I didn't.  I think it's just the general optimism people have about their preferred coins.

It would be Great if he proves to be correct.  Even $1, that's a massive gain % wise.

It is one of the oldest coin that hasen't died. It is listen on the biggest markets like Chinese Bter.com Btc38.com and others like Vircurex and Cryptsy.
So when next Bitcoin bubble will come (and most certain it will) then the wave of newcomers will be much bigger than last year and first they will do after they will buy Bitcoin will be to clear sell orders of coins that will be avaliable on the biggest exchanges. WDC is among them. Olders players in crypto world are aware of that and slowly buy right now.
WDC has hit 100k Satoshis at the peak during last bubble so it was about 1 dollar.
Will it go so high again? I don't know because we have so many other altcoins but the thing is only few of them are traded on most of the biggest exchanges and this fact gives me the feeling that it can rise so much one more time.
This is my theory if the next Bitcoin boom will come. As you can see it doesn't apply only to WDC but for a several coins that community is still active and are traded together on coin limited Chinese markets and others markets.

oh o.k no great insight just some wishful thinking (nothing wrong with that) . i hope you are correct but personally i feel most coins will just curl up and die off ,this latest rise in bitcoin (small i know) has not taken anything with it . the rise is just people getting out of small coins for bitcoin no new blood.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 08:59:31 AM

ppssssttt

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/worldfizz-the-crypto-beer-courtesy-of-worldcoin-alliance

Share!
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:18:09 AM

Thats actually really cool!  Grin

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
RodrigoHenrik

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:44:55 AM

WorldCoin is now available on

WDC/BTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/WDC/BTC
WDC/LTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/WDC/LTC
WDC/DOGE: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/WDC/DOGE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you should choose Bleutrade

• Trade Crypto2Crypto • Real-time Trading • Low Fees • Hundreds of trades per minute • Resistant to DDOS attacks
• Trade 66 cryptocurrencies • Possibility to trade 2145 pairs • Decentralized storage • 95% Cold storage wallet
• Light as a feather system • Encrypted SSL connection • Real-time backup • Fast support (Less than 1 hour)
• Two-Factor Authentication (Google)...

Register on Bleutrade Now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COO/CMO & Co-Founder at Bleutrade.com
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 11:16:32 AM

Small new article!

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/1gdwc3lj5zmqb1p2nrugftbtq5kkb4

Please share Smiley
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:19:27 AM

MineP.it WorldCoin Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers get mining!

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://wdc.minep.it:3358 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • 0.75% fees across the board
  • Rock solid security and stability
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute (manual payouts too)
  • 24/7 on-site chatbox
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Join us now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:46:06 AM

WDC at an all time low, nice to see a positive article come out.
randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:02:44 PM

WorldCoin Devs,

265 million total coins is too much and unnecessary. 

The WDC devs should drop that max cap just like DarkCoin did (from 88 million down to only 22 million).

That would add instant value to all existing and future WDC buyers.

I don't know how many coins are out now but I would say drop the max cap down to sub 50 million coins.

Making WDC more rare and less dilutive is exactly like a corporation doing a stock BuyBack only Crypto Coins do NOT have to spend any money to Accomplish exactly the same thing by dropping their total coins and, if necessary, the inflationary mining subsidies as well.

I hold very little WDC but it's sad to see this once Top Coin evaporate without any plan or action to increase shareholder value. 

I hope the devs take my advice into consideration.

Regards!

Agreed. The coin is dying a slow death and this would be the only way to keep it alive.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:44:33 PM

WorldCoin Devs,

265 million total coins is too much and unnecessary.  

The WDC devs should drop that max cap just like DarkCoin did (from 88 million down to only 22 million).

That would add instant value to all existing and future WDC buyers.

I don't know how many coins are out now but I would say drop the max cap down to sub 50 million coins.

Making WDC more rare and less dilutive is exactly like a corporation doing a stock BuyBack only Crypto Coins do NOT have to spend any money to Accomplish exactly the same thing by dropping their total coins and, if necessary, the inflationary mining subsidies as well.

I hold very little WDC but it's sad to see this once Top Coin evaporate without any plan or action to increase shareholder value.  

I hope the devs take my advice into consideration.

Regards!

Agreed. The coin is dying a slow death and this would be the only way to keep it alive.

I'm not sure this is the way to go. 256m is not that much. Reducing the cap would raise the price in the short term but what does this do to the coin in the longer term? WDC still has a large community following and is still mined at a high rate. People shouldn't look at changing things simply because the price is down.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Kergekoin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:45:35 AM

I agree with Oldminer. WDC is good as it is. Price falls because theres a lack of demand. Not because supply cap it 265M.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:04:33 AM

I agree with Oldminer. WDC is good as it is. Price falls because theres a lack of demand. Not because supply cap it 265M.

So supply does not fit in with the lack of demand in any way?

Any idea why 42coin costs thousands of dollars for 1 coin?

I know, that's a tough question.

How about this one:  Do not inflation and dilution affect the price and value of ANY asset?

Not many economics or finance guys on these boards, that's for sure.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Kergekoin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:56:10 AM

How about this one:  Do not inflation and dilution affect the price and value of ANY asset?

OK, "mr master economist".
Do yourself a favor and go read about what exactly is a "supply cap".

A small hint for you:
Coin production has nothing to do with a supply cap. They are not related in any way.

Seriously. You guys really need to learn the very basics before making silly posts in to public forums.

randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 03:29:43 PM

response from the community about removing the maxcap.

http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/2291-save-the-coin-drop-max-cap/

This coin is the real deal folks. The community is very strong after meeting such adversity over the last few months.

The are certainly not willing to sellout for short term profits. That says a lot about this coin!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 04:17:06 PM

How about this one:  Do not inflation and dilution affect the price and value of ANY asset?

A small hint for you:
Coin production has nothing to do with a supply cap. They are not related in any way.

Seriously. You guys really need to learn the very basics before making silly posts in to public forums.

Bahahhahaaaa.

What an idiot.

So tell me, does massive dollar printing have anything to do with inflation (mining subsidy) and dilution (the max amount of dollars in the world)?

Numbnuts, do you even know what inflation is?  Dilution?  Any idea why corporations spends hundreds of billions on stock buybacks every year?

Any idea why the US $ is now worth only 3 cents?

It is EXACTLY because of inflation (high mining subsidy) and dilution (max cap).

I have a BS in economics and a BS in finance.

Stick to your homemade mining skills, shrimp.  

I barely hold any WDC so it makes little difference to me but I really hate hearing such mindless ignorance about basic high school economics.

Bryan Kelly, a rich Wall Street Money manager just cut the subsidy on NAUT to ZERO and the max [PoW] cap from 16 million to 4 million.  You think maybe he knows something?  Hahahaa!

And the other idiot who says this is a short term benefit.  Oh, the stupidity!  The cut in inflation and dilution are permanent therefore the benefits would also be permanent, thus long term.

Kergekoin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:44:31 PM

A small hint for you:
Bahahhahaaaa.
What an idiot.
So tell me, does massive dollar printing have anything to do with inflation (mining subsidy) and dilution (the max amount of dollars in the world)?
Numbnuts, do you even know what inflation is?  Dilution?  Any idea why corporations spends hundreds of billions on stock buybacks every year?
It is EXACTLY because of inflation (high mining subsidy) and dilution (max cap).
I barely hold any WDC so it makes little difference to me but I really hate hearing such mindless ignorance about basic high school economics.
Bryan Kelly, a rich Wall Street Money manager just cut the subsidy on NAUT to ZERO and the max [PoW] cap from 16 million to 4 million.  You think maybe he knows something?  Hahahaa!
And the other idiot who says this is a short term benefit.  Oh, the stupidity!  The cut in inflation and dilution are permanent therefore the benefits would also be permanent, thus long term.
Quoting for fun until this ignorant actually learns what a coin cap is.
Im not going to bother explaining.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 05:02:23 PM

A small hint for you:
Bahahhahaaaa.
What an idiot.

A max coin-cap is the maximum amount of potential dilution (total number of coins that will ever exist, hard coded in the source code)

Did I miss anything?  Please, do correct me.

Do you idiots think when new investors come in they don't look at the max cap cause it hasn't happened yet?

Hahaha.  Look at coins with low coin caps and very low subsidies as opposed to coins with massive max caps and massive subsidies, NOTICE any difference, any trends in price?

It's like I'm talking to retards.

I get it, you're all small-time Mickey Mouse miners and you don't want anyone to take away your easy mining subsidy. 

Talk about short-term thinking.

Kergekoin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:12:04 PM

A small hint for you:
Bahahhahaaaa.
What an idiot.

A max coin-cap is the ...total number of coins that will ever exist, hard coded in the source code
<BS removed>

Finally.
Now go google the max cap of FIAT money and tell Yellen to cut the MAX_SUBSIDY in half, so you could long USD.
You have BS in economics and finance. You can do it.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 07:44:53 PM

A small hint for you:
Bahahhahaaaa.
What an idiot.

A max coin-cap is the ...total number of coins that will ever exist, hard coded in the source code
<BS removed>

Finally.
Now go google the max cap of FIAT money and tell Yellen to cut the MAX_SUBSIDY in half, so you could long USD.
You have BS in economics and finance. You can do it.

Sadly, you missed the entire lesson.

Kergekoin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:53:23 PM

Sadly, you missed the entire lesson.

Well, anyone reading your posts can make their own judgements.
Signing out of this discussion. Good luck.

Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: