Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]ChronoLogic - Proof-of-Time token on Ethereum  (Read 45398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BrickShares

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:38:23 PM

this is the real good question...if not, this is just another promise of a project...way to many these days

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChronoLogic

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:38:54 PM

I have bought one of the first TimeMints with the minimum contribution of 1 ETH. I thought it would be a good idea to get one early and jumped in without much research. I thought I can sell it later or buy some more DAY in the ICO so I can use my chronopower which should be close to 1%. Now I am not sure if this was a good decision getting the Timemint, you can only sell TimeMint when you have 8888 DAY Tokens, I won't ever get that much. And I won't see much growth with my initial 24 DAY so I probably gonna need to add more when they show to have value.

My Question is: What would prevent me from selling my eth wallet with private key so another person can use the TimeMint? ? I am excited to see where this project is heading too, but I am a bit worried too as I haven't seen any confirmation that I got a Timemint or even contributed, hope this will follow soon.

Nothing would prevent you from selling your ETH private key wallet linked to a TimeMint, it would requires a high level of trust tho.
About your contribution, if you contributed already, it will soon be reflected, no worries.
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:04:38 PM

Regarding TimeMint's chronopower if I have 0.93 and 88 days has lapsed, what would be my chrono power after that?
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 09:23:02 PM

what a joke, investors must pledge at least 1 ETH to participate in a complete gamble, already should be evidence enough the business acumen of the team behind this coin is at an elementary school level... better try selling a coin based on lemonades, putting barriers to entry is against the entire philosophy of crypto currencies...

andlcp

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:42:24 PM

Let me see if i understood it right. In 28th august, ill be able to invest in the ICO and receive a TimeMint(plus 24 tokens) that will remunerate(or generate?) my DAY tokens, right? If i want to trade these tokens, will be an exchange available?
ngocbkcse

Activity: 562
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:28:56 AM

Regarding TimeMint's chronopower if I have 0.93 and 88 days has lapsed, what would be my chrono power after that?
You try to check at ChronoLogic Calculator: https://chronologic.network/calculator/
Sorry if it mistake.
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:27:28 AM

You try to check at ChronoLogic Calculator: https://chronologic.network/calculator/
Sorry if it mistake.

It is halfing every era, so after 88 days you will have 0.465 chronopower.
but since you have much more tokens after 88days, you will mine almost the same amont of coins per day.
ChronoLogic

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:54:14 PM

Let me see if i understood it right. In 28th august, ill be able to invest in the ICO and receive a TimeMint(plus 24 tokens) that will remunerate(or generate?) my DAY tokens, right? If i want to trade these tokens, will be an exchange available?

The token generated is an erc20 token on the Ethereum platform itself, it will of course get exchanged.
The example you took is based on 1 ETH.

As for the TimeMint, the current protocol allows you to sell a TimeMint with certain conditions met.

fsluks

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Hi Chronologic,

I am only new to this cryptocurrency world and just crawling with this whole Ethereum thing. This [Suspicious link removed] wallet has recently implemented ETHER Beta wallet.

As I am not getting along with this ETH Mist downloaded in my pc, I have the following Question: Will my blockchain wallet ID suffice to register for the ICO?

I have already registered for 28th with an address that I got from the Mist masternode software, but I havent got any balance there as I am not sure how to use it! (not your issue)

Thanks
gbanik

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:54:56 AM

Made a 1 ETH contribution, but slightly skeptic as there is no Chrono chain or wallet proof of the contribution (only the ETH tx). Hoping to see some action at the earliest.
gbanik

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:10:47 AM

Hi Chronologic,

I am only new to this cryptocurrency world and just crawling with this whole Ethereum thing. This [Suspicious link removed] wallet has recently implemented ETHER Beta wallet.

As I am not getting along with this ETH Mist downloaded in my pc, I have the following Question: Will my blockchain wallet ID suffice to register for the ICO?

I have already registered for 28th with an address that I got from the Mist masternode software, but I havent got any balance there as I am not sure how to use it! (not your issue)

Thanks
Contact the Chrono slack. They would guide you. Contribution not valid without ETH tx.
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:10:16 PM

So how are much are you aiming to raise?

The hardcap is 38383 ETH, but the project has already received enough in pre-sale and pre-contribution funding to be successfully completed.

ChronoLogic, If you had to explain this whole concept to a 10 year old how would you explain it in simple simple terms to someone that young without a ton of crypto knowledge? Very simple in plain english terms.  No fancy crypto terms.  Just wondering as if something can't explain or be understood by a 3rd grader I have never really invested in it.  I want to invest in your ico but I want to see if this can be explained in very very simple terms so a 3rd grader could understand it.  It seems half the grown ups don't understand the entire concept and only a few so please explain in very simple terms from the ico going on down the line.  The concept in simple terms, the reason to invest in the short or long run and reasons to just hold the coin for value.  Say someone just holds the coin for 5 years without doing a thing should he expect a great return on investment?

I will try.

Basically by contributing in the ICO you are able to mint/self-mine new tokens on your ethereum address (this is called a TimeMint) based on the balance and the amount of time you hold it. Similar to how an interest bearing bank account pays out.

Other time based projects will then be able to run on the same system creating more value for DAY tokens.

As for whether one should expect a great return on investment, people at ChronoLogic obviously believe so but the only person who can answer that is you and anyone else who contributed or is planning to contribute.

Very cool, this is extraordinarily good news. Curious whether people will decide to invest during the ICO or just wait until it gets listed on exchanges. Have there been significant discounts during the pre-ico so that those coins might get dumped straight away?
ChronoLogic

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:17:38 AM

Hi Chronologic,

Thanks

Your ETH address is all you need to register for the ICO and you don't need a balance on your wallet until the 28th until you make the contribution, so you still have time to figure it out. If I misunderstood your question, you are welcome to join slack and we will try to guide you further.

The hardcap is 38383 ETH, but the project has already received enough in pre-sale and pre-contribution funding to be successfully completed.

ChronoLogic, If you had to explain this whole concept to a 10 year old how would you explain it in simple simple terms to someone that young without a ton of crypto knowledge? Very simple in plain english terms.  No fancy crypto terms.  Just wondering as if something can't explain or be understood by a 3rd grader I have never really invested in it.  I want to invest in your ico but I want to see if this can be explained in very very simple terms so a 3rd grader could understand it.  It seems half the grown ups don't understand the entire concept and only a few so please explain in very simple terms from the ico going on down the line.  The concept in simple terms, the reason to invest in the short or long run and reasons to just hold the coin for value.  Say someone just holds the coin for 5 years without doing a thing should he expect a great return on investment?

I will try.

Basically by contributing in the ICO you are able to mint/self-mine new tokens on your ethereum address (this is called a TimeMint) based on the balance and the amount of time you hold it. Similar to how an interest bearing bank account pays out.

Other time based projects will then be able to run on the same system creating more value for DAY tokens.

As for whether one should expect a great return on investment, people at ChronoLogic obviously believe so but the only person who can answer that is you and anyone else who contributed or is planning to contribute.

Very cool, this is extraordinarily good news. Curious whether people will decide to invest during the ICO or just wait until it gets listed on exchanges. Have there been significant discounts during the pre-ico so that those coins might get dumped straight away?

Only the first 33 TimeMints received a discount.
amintek15

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:24:40 AM

only 3 days left to the start of ICO !
I believe it will close very fast
ChronoLogic

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:05:52 AM

Over 8500 people have already registered their interest in the ICO via our website and over 3000 of those have supplied an Ethereum address by filling out the registration form.

If you also wish to register please fill out this form.
amintek15

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:44:28 PM

Over 8500 people have already registered their interest in the ICO via our website and over 3000 of those have supplied an Ethereum address by filling out the registration form.

wow so many people wants it and few talks about it... that means they really want it only for themself Cheesy so happy I could join preICO it will be a real battle at the ICO start
ChronoLogic

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:57:05 PM

https://blog.chronologic.network/official-chronologic-launch-webinar-mon-8-am-august-28th-981b00fd903b

Register, and join the webinar on the 28th august, to talk about Chronologic, in depth with the team.
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:00:33 PM

Hi Chronologic,

Thanks

Your ETH address is all you need to register for the ICO and you don't need a balance on your wallet until the 28th until you make the contribution, so you still have time to figure it out. If I misunderstood your question, you are welcome to join slack and we will try to guide you further.

ChronoLogic, If you had to explain this whole concept to a 10 year old how would you explain it in simple simple terms to someone that young without a ton of crypto knowledge? Very simple in plain english terms.  No fancy crypto terms.  Just wondering as if something can't explain or be understood by a 3rd grader I have never really invested in it.  I want to invest in your ico but I want to see if this can be explained in very very simple terms so a 3rd grader could understand it.  It seems half the grown ups don't understand the entire concept and only a few so please explain in very simple terms from the ico going on down the line.  The concept in simple terms, the reason to invest in the short or long run and reasons to just hold the coin for value.  Say someone just holds the coin for 5 years without doing a thing should he expect a great return on investment?

I will try.

what does that mean in concrete terms? The first 33 TimeMints, is that somehow significant in terms of overall supply or negligible?
ChronoLogic

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:51:40 AM

Hi Chronologic,

Thanks

I will try.

what does that mean in concrete terms? The first 33 TimeMints, is that somehow significant in terms of overall supply or negligible?

Since everyone receives 24 DAY per ETH contributed the overall supply will depend on whether the ETH hardcap is reached, in which case those with the bonus will represent a small portion of the token supply.

The bonus given to the first 33 TimeMints ranges from 1% to 33% so the average is somewhere in the middle, much less than most projects. We will try to release exact numbers as soon as possible.

Since early TimeMints also have a higher minting power we believe it is unlikely they will wish to dump their tokens as soon as it hits the exchanges.
buenav

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:05:10 AM

Wow with so many people interested then the ICO should sell out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: