Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Authorship - Making the Internet More Free and Accessible For Authors  (Read 100921 times)
sandler425

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:46:57 PM

Well, this is BS, but if you have sent some tokens and they are stuck in the ethereum network, will they be received or they are lost, and also some of my referrals have not even filled in the withdrawal form yet, what happens with them?

You guess is as good as ours, many transactions are just jumping from peer to peer since most of the data people provided is wrong. Some may still get processed, some/most will eventually fail.

This is a horrible, horrible solution.

I was the one who asked if we really had 45 days to process the withdrawal claim and you said we do.  So I was going to fill it out next week.  Now you are telling me that there was no purpose in that at all, as the coins simply are not being distributed.  This is completely unacceptable.  I understand if transactions may need to be delayed considering the speed of the ETH network, but you said we had 45 days to make the withdrawal.

I have no interest in purchasing 3 free books as that is not what I would have spent my free ATS doing.  This is completely unacceptable to me and everyone I told about this project.  Please release the bounty campaign tokens as promised, even with delays, one way or another.

Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:47:22 PM

I guided my referrals every step of the way. They are around 200+ and I don't know what to say. We understand the situation but at least can you make a better compensation? I hope we get the ATS we deserved. Smiley

Saverenergy

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:47:34 PM

Like ATBCOIN, a system of lies

It is funny, we weren't planning any bounty campaign, we only created one cause you wanted one and asked for one. Everyone believed in books and the publishing industry, now nobody cares about us and hates books. So which is which?

Yes, many of you sent us referrals, 90% of them got no clue the world they live in, so apologies if you end up not getting the ATS cause those referrals aren't capable of at least creating an ETH account.

Regards,
Peter

Yes, maybe you are right. 90% of the referrals got no clue. But what about the ones who do know what they are supposed to do? All of my refs (8-9 total) have given 100% correct details. Why should we suffer because of them and because you don't have enough work force to handle the transfers? Please try to understand, these free books are totally worthless for us compared to the ATS tokens that we were promised.

It had nothing to do with the work force. Even if we were to do it by hand one by one the situation will be the same. Since most of the bounty receivers provided wrong data/ jumping addresses/ exchange addresses etc, this makes most the transactions fail.
And what about those who provided the correct address supporting the automatic telephone exchange?
Destroyer1333

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:48:07 PM

I don´t want 3 books, all I need is my 1880 ATS.  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

Authorship cheated on me...!!!
peterauthorship (OP)

Activity: 70

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:48:36 PM

It is funny, we weren't planning any bounty campaign, we only created one cause you wanted one and asked for one. Everyone believed in books and the publishing industry, now nobody cares about us and hates books. So which is which?

Yes, many of you sent us referrals, 90% of them got no clue the world they live in, so apologies if you end up not getting the ATS cause those referrals aren't capable of at least creating an ETH account.

Regards,
Peter

Yes, maybe you are right. 90% of the referrals got no clue. But what about the ones who do know what they are supposed to do? All of my refs (8-9 total) have given 100% correct details. Why should we suffer because of them and because you don't have enough work force to handle the transfers? Please try to understand, these free books are totally worthless for us compared to the ATS tokens that we were promised.

It had nothing to do with the work force. Even if we were to do it by hand one by one the situation will be the same. Since most of the bounty receivers provided wrong data/ jumping addresses/ exchange addresses etc, this makes most the transactions fail.

Most doesn't mean all. Some people put efforts to promote your company and this is the way to reward their hard work.
I would say this is not a very nice way to start a project.

I apologize and I am sorry for this. Unfortunately the bounty campaign was a mess, since most of what we received was fakes and cheats. We never wanted this, but everyone jumped at us that we don't provide it. We did, and now when the results of the promoters came, it's just our fault. Most likely we should have never agreed to a referral campaign. From what I've seen, all ICOs offering this had the same issues with the referrals.

Authorship.com ICO has ended. If you are an investor and you did not received the ATS tokens yet, please send me a PM. Thank you
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:49:19 PM

Regards,
Peter

And what about those who provided the correct address supporting the automatic telephone exchange?

Everyone's payments been submitted 3 times already. If they failed 3 times there's nothing else we can do.

Authorship.com ICO has ended. If you are an investor and you did not received the ATS tokens yet, please send me a PM. Thank you
kevin ying

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:49:59 PM

your token reputation will be very bad, as you do not pay them to introduce this token publicly

thanks for my lost 3000 ounce scam, the promise you gave us, just give that free book to your CEO peter Smiley, we do not need it
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:50:21 PM

I guided my referrals every step of the way. They are around 200+ and I don't know what to say. We understand the situation but at least can you make a better compensation? I hope we get the ATS we deserved. Smiley

I'll talk with the team see if we can at least compensate the top 100 promoters for their work. Would this be in order?

Regards,
Peter

idrisalomagold

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:50:33 PM

Hmmmm. this will be the first ICO I will join with my schoolmates. first their accounts were banned and I received insults from them and they never associate with me again. Now, I just read that I wont even receive the withdrawal which they kept claiming no problem for. This is so pathetic.
Please all those people shouting noobs should come out with their new names.
This will teach me a lesson about other ICOs.
I would rather find means to make peace with my fellow mates by all means. I will never allow ATS separate us
DrOctogon

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:51:11 PM

Downloaded the CSV from here:

https://etherscan.io/token/0x2dAEE1AA61D60A252DC80564499A69802853583A

My address isn't here. Is the the best way to check if an attempt was even made to send my tokens?

If the transaction just jumps from peer to peer it won't show anywhere. That's what gets everything broken. Try to make 10,000 payments and you'll understand what we mean.

Well, I did everything required of me. I provided a correct address, completed the form as requested.

Are you telling us that Authorship didn't validate addresses were ERC20 compatible before sending? From a scripting perspective this is easy. You say 40% of users gave you an address that wasn't ETC20 compatible, and you attempted to send to this address without validating it?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
demoncity

Activity: 185

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:51:15 PM

UPDATE: Authorship Bounty Campaign

Hi,
We would like to update everyone regarding the Bounty Campaign status.

As you are probably already aware, since yesterday we have started to process bounty campaign withdrawals. This gave birth to a cascade of disappointed messages (thousands of them) from users who noticed their accounts got suspended. We apologize for not being able to get back to everyone, it’s just not humanly possible given the volume of messages we received.

We would like to clarify why an account get suspended in the first place: the #1 reason is that from the same IP as yours there’s been over 20+ other registrations. This is in 99% of the cases a clear sign of fraudulent registrations (people create multiple accounts to earn more ATS tokens).

In the remaining 1% of the cases, everyone claims a fair usage (their entire 100+ work colleagues registered too, they live in a campus and everyone else shares the same IP, 200+ friends came by his home, etc.).
While these, could in theory be valid reasons, it turns out most of the time it’s just an excuse, as such as a rule any such duplicate registrations have been suspended.

The second reason why people get suspended is for fraudulent referrals. They use services like TOR or VPN to change their IP and create multiple accounts (usually hundreds of them). These are easily to spot as most of the time the names and emails are random numbers/fake names/emails. Turns out many people claim to be using TOR or VPN for genuine reasons, thus they shouldn’t be suspended either. If that is correct or not, it’s something one can’t really affirm with 100% certainty.

People tried to cheat the referral system through other methods as well, but we won’t get into more details; you got the overall idea.

We tried our best, did all that was humanly possible to discern between the genuine and fraudulent registrations considering that about 90% of the people who registered to our bounty campaign still doesn’t know what Ether is, not even today. We realize everyone jumps of joy when they hear about $10 free, but we’d have personally hoped for a different kind of results.

Having the final filtered list of users which we can make the payment to, our tech team prepared an automated way of processing the payments. Since there have been close to 10,000 participants to be offered ATS tokens, a manual processing payment was not humanly possible.

And here another set of problems started:

Around 15% of the users emailed us after submitting the form that they sent us a wrong address, that they want to change it, for various reasons. As clearly indicated, that it impossible as once a payment was introduced into the automated processing system, nothing can be changed about it.

Around 20% of the users who requested a withdrawal entered an invalid address (they either entered their BTC address, their ETC instead of ETH address, or some non-valid address).

Around 40% of the users who requested a withdrawal used a non ERC-20 compatible address despite our best efforts of explaining this and forcing everyone to mark a checkbox confirming this.

Because of all of these, it turns out we ended up to choke the ETH network with transaction and errors to the point where the few peers that were still accepting our transactions for distribution through the network rejected all connections.

We hardly managed to make the investors payments as a result, manually, one by one, as the automated way was out of the question now. There are still around 60 investors out of the 1900 total whose payments are still being stuck, somewhere in “processing”. If you are one of the unlucky few, please contact us a.s.a.p. and we’ll make sure to retry the payment until it gets through.

We ended up with only 20% of all the withdrawal requests processed, the rest were rejected for various reasons and all retry attempts failed. Some transactions been stuck jumping from peer to peer for almost 24 hours before failing.

Given the current circumstances where we are making payments to wrong/not valid addresses, makes little sense to continue this never-ending struggle. This forced us to take the following decision:

Users who already received their ATS tokens, congrats: your transaction went through successfully, you can use your ATS tokens.

Users who didn’t receive their free ATS yet, I am sorry to inform you that all distributions have been suspended.

Considering that most of the users only earned 75 ATS, it’s been decided that a fair compensation will be granted to everyone who participated in our bounty campaign in exchange.

ALL USERS, including the initially suspended ones, will receive, as a sign of our appreciation for your interest in our upcoming project a COUPON valid for the purchase of 3 BOOKS for FREE. You will not have to pay anything. The 3 books cost can be, in total, up to $100.

Once the Authoship platform is up and running, you can use the coupon to order 3 books, of your choice, absolutely for free. This, for most of the people who participated on our bounty campaign has a bigger value than the 75 ATS they received.

Your coupon code is : BOUNTY3FREE

You can use this coupon as soon our platform is available to receive 3 books for free. Please remember your email address (the one you registered with, as the coupon is connected to your email address).

You don’t need to complete any form, the coupon was already applied to the email addresses on file.

We apologize for the entire situation and thank you for your support. You’ve all been incredible.

Help us make this promising idea of a book friendly future a reality!

PS: the remaining ~650,000 ATS tokens left from the distribution will be offered, through lottery to 25 investors who contributed to our token sale by ETH. The 25 random winners will be picked Wednesday 20th and announced on our blog.

Sincerely,
Authorship.com Team

http://authorship.com/2017/09/16/update-authorship-bounty-campaign/

This compensation is not worthy because many people don't need books .
IvanKorgevsky

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:51:36 PM

Peter, we free you propiaril, and you deceived us why?
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:51:43 PM

I don´t want 3 books, all I need is my 1880 ATS.  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

Authorship cheated on me...!!!

We did not cheat. We did all that was in our power.

Saverenergy

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:51:55 PM

Did you invest in our company? Probably no.
Authorship is not scam, Authorship Bounty Campaign - SCAM!!

Cause we got so much benefit from this bounty campaign you all wanted..we got tons of cheaters and people who don't know what ETH is.
Why should everyone be equal? And scammers and honest people.
Fu Mei Mei

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:52:08 PM

ICO authorship already ends succesfully but when will list on exchange, any news ? because i am miss some info about this
idrisalomagold

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:52:16 PM

I'll talk with the team see if we can at least compensate the top 100 promoters for their work. Would this be in order?

Regards,
Peter
are others not human being?
onetoniro

Activity: 322
Merit: 119

Indonesian Translator

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:52:29 PM

UPDATE: Authorship Bounty Campaign

Hi,
We would like to update everyone regarding the Bounty Campaign status.

As you are probably already aware, since yesterday we have started to process bounty campaign withdrawals. This gave birth to a cascade of disappointed messages (thousands of them) from users who noticed their accounts got suspended. We apologize for not being able to get back to everyone, it’s just not humanly possible given the volume of messages we received.

We would like to clarify why an account get suspended in the first place: the #1 reason is that from the same IP as yours there’s been over 20+ other registrations. This is in 99% of the cases a clear sign of fraudulent registrations (people create multiple accounts to earn more ATS tokens).

In the remaining 1% of the cases, everyone claims a fair usage (their entire 100+ work colleagues registered too, they live in a campus and everyone else shares the same IP, 200+ friends came by his home, etc.).
While these, could in theory be valid reasons, it turns out most of the time it’s just an excuse, as such as a rule any such duplicate registrations have been suspended.

The second reason why people get suspended is for fraudulent referrals. They use services like TOR or VPN to change their IP and create multiple accounts (usually hundreds of them). These are easily to spot as most of the time the names and emails are random numbers/fake names/emails. Turns out many people claim to be using TOR or VPN for genuine reasons, thus they shouldn’t be suspended either. If that is correct or not, it’s something one can’t really affirm with 100% certainty.

People tried to cheat the referral system through other methods as well, but we won’t get into more details; you got the overall idea.

We tried our best, did all that was humanly possible to discern between the genuine and fraudulent registrations considering that about 90% of the people who registered to our bounty campaign still doesn’t know what Ether is, not even today. We realize everyone jumps of joy when they hear about $10 free, but we’d have personally hoped for a different kind of results.

Having the final filtered list of users which we can make the payment to, our tech team prepared an automated way of processing the payments. Since there have been close to 10,000 participants to be offered ATS tokens, a manual processing payment was not humanly possible.

And here another set of problems started:

Around 15% of the users emailed us after submitting the form that they sent us a wrong address, that they want to change it, for various reasons. As clearly indicated, that it impossible as once a payment was introduced into the automated processing system, nothing can be changed about it.

Around 20% of the users who requested a withdrawal entered an invalid address (they either entered their BTC address, their ETC instead of ETH address, or some non-valid address).

Around 40% of the users who requested a withdrawal used a non ERC-20 compatible address despite our best efforts of explaining this and forcing everyone to mark a checkbox confirming this.

Because of all of these, it turns out we ended up to choke the ETH network with transaction and errors to the point where the few peers that were still accepting our transactions for distribution through the network rejected all connections.

We hardly managed to make the investors payments as a result, manually, one by one, as the automated way was out of the question now. There are still around 60 investors out of the 1900 total whose payments are still being stuck, somewhere in “processing”. If you are one of the unlucky few, please contact us a.s.a.p. and we’ll make sure to retry the payment until it gets through.

We ended up with only 20% of all the withdrawal requests processed, the rest were rejected for various reasons and all retry attempts failed. Some transactions been stuck jumping from peer to peer for almost 24 hours before failing.

Given the current circumstances where we are making payments to wrong/not valid addresses, makes little sense to continue this never-ending struggle. This forced us to take the following decision:

Users who already received their ATS tokens, congrats: your transaction went through successfully, you can use your ATS tokens.

Users who didn’t receive their free ATS yet, I am sorry to inform you that all distributions have been suspended.

Considering that most of the users only earned 75 ATS, it’s been decided that a fair compensation will be granted to everyone who participated in our bounty campaign in exchange.

ALL USERS, including the initially suspended ones, will receive, as a sign of our appreciation for your interest in our upcoming project a COUPON valid for the purchase of 3 BOOKS for FREE. You will not have to pay anything. The 3 books cost can be, in total, up to $100.

Once the Authoship platform is up and running, you can use the coupon to order 3 books, of your choice, absolutely for free. This, for most of the people who participated on our bounty campaign has a bigger value than the 75 ATS they received.

Your coupon code is : BOUNTY3FREE

You can use this coupon as soon our platform is available to receive 3 books for free. Please remember your email address (the one you registered with, as the coupon is connected to your email address).

You don’t need to complete any form, the coupon was already applied to the email addresses on file.

We apologize for the entire situation and thank you for your support. You’ve all been incredible.

Help us make this promising idea of a book friendly future a reality!

PS: the remaining ~650,000 ATS tokens left from the distribution will be offered, through lottery to 25 investors who contributed to our token sale by ETH. The 25 random winners will be picked Wednesday 20th and announced on our blog.

Sincerely,
Authorship.com Team

http://authorship.com/2017/09/16/update-authorship-bounty-campaign/

BAD BOUNTY!!! I WAS WAITING FOR 2 DAY,  BUT KNOW YOU DISAPPOINT ME... WHY DO YOU NOT TELL IT SINCE BEGINNING ?? WHY DO YOU NOT TELL IT SINCE BEGINNING ?? WHY DO YOU NOT TELL IT SINCE BEGINNING ??
THIS IS LIKE WE ARE AS A FREE ADVERTISER FOR YOU .. AFTER A LOT OF  PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT AUTHORSHIP, YOU LEAVE US?
1 WEEK FROM ICO ENDED I SEE YOU JUST GET +2M, BUT WITH MUCH OF WE ARE ADVERS BECAUSE BOUNTY.. THEN YOU GET +4M.... NOW YOU LEAVE US AND NEVER GET ATS??
&&%(^%%^% !!!!!!!! FREE CAMPAIGN...!!?Huh? GOOD IDEA BUT BAD FOR THE VALUE OF TRUST

ENOUGH FOR THIS COIN!!! I WILL SELL WHEN THIS COIN HAVE EXCHANGE AND LEAVE YOU,,
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:53:16 PM

Hello everybody! Somebody who participated and the airdrop received coins? It seems to me that they paid only to investors, and no tokens were paid to free ones.
They paid to bounty ones also. I get it
jungchanhae

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:53:23 PM

hi, peter
i can see what problems you are facing. But i think the people who have many tokens for bounty campain like me carefully provided the right data and check it many times. And i think you should send token for those first. My english is not good. Thank you.
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:53:27 PM

This compensation is not worthy because many people don't need books .

Many people don't need nor know what ether or tokens are (more than 90% of them to be more precise) yet they somehow signuped to our bounty campaign cause everyone was so happy to register even their grandmother in this.

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: