Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Authorship - Making the Internet More Free and Accessible For Authors  (Read 100923 times)
Sotaborn

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:07:31 PM

yes, and we are still waiting for a APOLOGY for all that bullshit.
and I'd like to hear a statement from your boss, the CEO on that matter.
They have nothing to apologize for, they are still sending tokens to the impatient, greedy people that still complain and spam this this thread with scam accusations

You must of missed this morning then? They wanted to pull the rug out from everyone that participated in the bounty program.

The only reason it's being paid now is the terrible publicity.

That's not quite a honorable beginning. It was worrying to say the least. I still haven't received my tokens - don't know if I will.

BitTrader1000

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 10:12:55 PM

They have nothing to apologize for, they are still sending tokens to the impatient, greedy people that still complain and spam this this thread with scam accusations

You must of missed this morning then? They wanted to pull the rug out from everyone that participated in the bounty program.

That's not quite a honorable beginning. It was worrying to say the least. I still haven't received my tokens - don't know if I will.

I was here since 9 am. With the amount of spam and fraud I don't blame petre or anyone else for what they have done, and they are doing the best the can to come to a resolution, despite the toxic impatient whiny people on this thread.

sandler425

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:14:57 PM

Still haven't received my tokens.  I, like everybody else here, will stop complaining when Authorship follows through on their promise and gives us our tokens.

It's as simple as that.

kirstiewilson42

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:17:30 PM

Peter what about them who did not filled withdraw form??
when you will send Tokens to them ?
cyber-i

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:18:53 PM

I was here since 9 am. With the amount of spam and fraud I don't blame petre or anyone else for what they have done, and they are doing the best the can to come to a resolution, despite the toxic impatient whiny people on this thread.

Giving away free tokens was a little dumb to begin with. What else would you expect? People be completely decent and honest and not trying to take advantage to get as many as they can? Well, welcome to reality  Wink
teribhenkochodon

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:19:09 PM

you HAVE to fill the form to get the tokens
snodo

Activity: 252
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:19:29 PM

That's not true - not all were excluded.
20% were paid
80% showed suspicious activity - those 80% should not be paid.

Some of these 80% entered BTC instead of ETH address.. or non ERC20-compatible wallets -> no chance to pay them anyway Wink

But the most of them had many referals from the same IP -> looks like an attempt to cheat the system.
It turned out that really many of those did NOT cheat but had sent the ref link to family or cowokers or they signed up for some friends (on the same computer) or something like that.
So the ATS team decided to allow the same IP up to 3 times which still might lead to legit guys being excluded, but which also leads to cheaters being accepted - so it's a compromise.
sarustrx

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:20:50 PM

Hello, Peter!

I am head of the community assembled from several universities. This is both students and teachers (about 15 thousand people, the potential audience for reading and authorship). I sent out to the participants in my group writing and thus brought together people who are interested in the book topics in our universities. Among our community gathered a number of people interested in having ATS tokens for personal use for use in your service.

Since I am not distributing a link "wherever possible", but only among 100% of interested people, it worries me - your message about what you are going to ban people, on whose referral links a lot of registrations but a small fraction of the hits links.

The system will identify me and the members of our community who registered, as cheaters and will ban our participation in the project?

And I'm worried if the guys will be banned, but decide to invest eth in project now on their accounts - since the ban - they will lose everything.

Sry for not good english, but  if u dont understand anything - lemme know. Ty for your reply!

Hi Peter!
I earn 9305 coins from promotions and hope that i will get my coins. Please be fair with the people, who give their time to give you traffic and promotion.
my ether id is: 0xAdCB24E52390924C0cA0de043c53de2149257f83
You can wait, peter send it

The only question is, when? And, many wrote to them a letter came that their account was blocked, but they filled out the form and they received a letter that your coins would be credited to the account in 2-3 days. Peter contradicts himself, he guaranteed payment. The letter comes, wait 2-3 days and you will be paid, but the account can be blocked !!!! Is not this nonsense?
BitTrader1000

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 10:21:04 PM

Still haven't received my tokens.  I, like everybody else here, will stop complaining when Authorship follows through on their promise and gives us our tokens.

It's as simple as that.
They said it would take 2-3 days after the 14th for them to be distributed. You haven't even given them 3 days you dumbass. Just wait

TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:22:14 PM

Can we get confirmation that if people received the congratulations email even 2 days ago and you haven't received the tokens then those people will in time get the tokens.

Do we have to re submit the request?Huh

I say this because someone I know is still waiting for their tokens when they applied within an hour of launch,  and someone who applied yesterday have their tokens. I thought this was 1st come 1st served?

So with the fiasco of only 20% tokens getting through, how are you going to make sure everyone who applied earlier will get their tokens?
seriously this is a bloody fiasco and handled so badly. Peter we appreciate the work you've done but we need a statement from the boss and his take on this. He is ultimately responsible and has handled this very badly. PR for this has gone down the toilet on some really really bad calls.

If I was an investor in this company I would be really worried going forward on how they would cope in a similar situation.

And I would not even consider using Authorship being an author. I have no confidence with the people in charge of this company.
IDabOnThemHATERS

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:22:27 PM

That's not true - not all were excluded.
20% were paid
80% showed suspicious activity - those 80% should not be paid.

Some of these 80% entered BTC instead of ETH address.. or non ERC20-compatible wallets -> no chance to pay them anyway Wink

But the most of them had many referals from the same IP -> looks like an attempt to cheat the system.
It turned out that really many of those did NOT cheat but had sent the ref link to family or cowokers or they signed up for some friends (on the same computer) or something like that.
So the ATS team decided to allow the same IP up to 3 times which still might lead to legit guys being excluded, but which also leads to cheaters being accepted - so it's a compromise.

Just to clarify, do you have to fill out the withdraw form to get the tokens? I"m asking since I don't have access to my wallet for another 2-3 days. Thank you!
MartinTheWanderer

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 10:25:25 PM

exactly.

according to your own words (you stated that you used a fake email and fake name) you are part of the problem, yet you act as if you were too dumb to understand what the intention of that novel-length whiny rant was that they sent out today and had on their website for several hours.

Bad business practices are bad business practices, terrible communications and lack of transparency are dumb and make things worse, no matter how much zealots and scam apologists like you try to shame everybody into silence.
mrpiano

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:26:59 PM

pure excuses should be more serious, and not improvise.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 10:28:20 PM

IMPORTANT POINTS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. They'll pay everyone as long as you have no more than 3 registrations from the same IP.

2. You will still receive your ATS even you did not fill the withdrawal form.

3. You can change your ETH address. Only if you want. (Optional)

4. Sending ATS tokens are in progress!

5. Let's wait for now until all transactions are finished.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snodo, it's a misunderstanding. The poster who pointed out the number of accounts and transactions was incorrect. But there has been atleast a few users who have gotten their bounty paid twice (large amounts too)

As I mentioned, this is how the ETH network behaves when one sends large amounts of payments at once. Some transactions will jump from peer to peer, will show on etherscan as "transaction not found" since it wasn't propagated through the entire network, even for a day, then pop all of a sudden out of nowhere. Meanwhile, we know we made that payment, yet it's showing nowhere. So what do we do when people say they didn't received it? We have nothing else to do but resend the payment, just to see that the next day the lost transaction suddenly appears.

moontrain

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:30:27 PM

This is why we can't have nice things Smiley

I got my tokens, very happy and I didn't do anything dishonestly, just had my family sign up.

I actually figured something like this would happen in the end because there's always selfish greedy scammers/idiots ruining it for the rest of us, who just can't help themselves but create a bunch of BS accounts and take advantage of free tokens, those are the real people to blame here.

IMO the guys behind the ICO, they tried to do a nice thing and gain some promotion from it, it's probably cost them more than it's been worth now and they totally underestimated the people who may take advantage of such an offer within the crypto community.
snodo

Activity: 252
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:31:35 PM

Just to clarify, do you have to fill out the withdraw form to get the tokens? I"m asking since I don't have access to my wallet for another 2-3 days. Thank you!

I can't find the post but as far as i remember someone told that the form is not needed (don't know if it was peter)

But I don't understand how this can work.
Because the form was to confirm the ETH address. Without form it will take 45 days?! Then with unconfirmed address? I don't really know. I would fill in the form.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:32:56 PM

One could fill a textbook with all the strategy and PR failures today. I still wonder what the issue was with just sending all ATS to every bounty address.

kursattekin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:33:18 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 10:44:12 PM by kursattekin

I filled form a few seconds after ico finished but it is not first come,first serve. I got confirmation for my payment, i only register one time, i share on webboard, i warned users never register more than one, i showed them how to create ethereum on mew, after ico finish, i warned my ref to fill form, they all different ip, different ethereum wallet, different location, different computer, all traffic from webboard, my webboard link has more than 1700 views, i contact with Peter for payment he said all ok, can get payment, what result now? 3 free books? Not get any payment ( 3000 ATS ) i bought from ico more than 2ETH, all was good, Peter support and replies but they not respect my efford, because of many scammers, because of double payment i get nothing. I believe some users same as me, and i believe some scammers already got payment.

Users who didn’t receive their free ATS yet, I am sorry to inform you that all distributions have been suspended.

View online version

Hi,
We would like to update everyone regarding the Bounty Campaign status.

As you are probably already aware, since yesterday we have started to process bounty campaign withdrawals. This gave birth to a cascade of disappointed messages (thousands of them) from users who noticed their accounts got suspended. We apologize for not being able to get back to everyone, it’s just not humanly possible given the volume of messages we received.

We would like to clarify why an account get suspended in the first place: the #1 reason is that from the same IP as yours there’s been over 20+ other registrations. This is in 99% of the cases a clear sign of fraudulent registrations (people create multiple accounts to earn more ATS tokens).

In the remaining 1% of the cases, everyone claims a fair usage (their entire 100+ work colleagues registered too, they live in a campus and everyone else shares the same IP, 200+ friends came by his home, etc.).

While these, could in theory be valid reasons, it turns out most of the time it’s just an excuse, as such as a rule any such duplicate registrations have been suspended.

The second reason why people get suspended is for fraudulent referrals. They use services like TOR or VPN to change their IP and create multiple accounts (usually hundreds of them). These are easily to spot as most of the time the names and emails are random numbers/fake names/emails. Turns out many people claim to be using TOR or VPN for genuine reasons, thus they shouldn’t be suspended either. If that is correct or not, it’s something one can’t really affirm with 100% certainty.

People tried to cheat the referral system through other methods as well, but we won’t get into more details; you got the overall idea.

We tried our best, did all that was humanly possible to discern between the genuine and fraudulent registrations considering that about 90% of the people who registered to our bounty campaign still doesn’t know what Ether is, not even today. We realize everyone jumps of joy when they hear about $10 free, but we’d have personally hoped for a different kind of results.

Having the final filtered list of users which we can make the payment to, our tech team prepared an automated way of processing the payments. Since there have been close to 10,000 participants to be offered ATS tokens, a manual processing payment was not humanly possible.

And here another set of problems started:

Around 15% of the users emailed us after submitting the form that they sent us a wrong address, that they want to change it, for various reasons. As clearly indicated, that it impossible as once a payment was introduced into the automated processing system, nothing can be changed about it.

Around 20% of the users who requested a withdrawal entered an invalid address (they either entered their BTC address, their ETC instead of ETH address, or some non-valid address).

Around 40% of the users who requested a withdrawal used a non ERC-20 compatible address despite our best efforts of explaining this and forcing everyone to mark a checkbox confirming this.

Because of all of these, it turns out we ended up to choke the ETH network with transaction and errors to the point where the few peers that were still accepting our transactions for distribution through the network rejected all connections.

We hardly managed to make the investors payments as a result, manually, one by one, as the automated way was out of the question now. There are still around 60 investors out of the 1900 total whose payments are still being stuck, somewhere in “processing”. If you are one of the unlucky few, please contact us a.s.a.p. and we’ll make sure to retry the payment until it gets through.

We ended up with only 20% of all the withdrawal requests processed, the rest were rejected for various reasons and all retry attempts failed. Some transactions been stuck jumping from peer to peer for almost 24 hours before failing.

Given the current circumstances where we are making payments to wrong/not valid addresses, makes little sense to continue this never-ending struggle. This forced us to take the following decision:

Users who already received their ATS tokens, congrats: your transaction went through successfully, you can use your ATS tokens.

Users who didn’t receive their free ATS yet, I am sorry to inform you that all distributions have been suspended.

Considering that most of the users only earned 75 ATS, it’s been decided that a fair compensation will be granted to everyone who participated in our bounty campaign in exchange.

ALL USERS, including the initially suspended ones, will receive, as a sign of our appreciation for your interest in our upcoming project a COUPON valid for the purchase of 3 BOOKS for FREE. You will not have to pay anything. The 3 books cost can be, in total, up to $100.

Once the Authoship platform is up and running, you can use the coupon to order 3 books, of your choice, absolutely for free. This, for most of the people who participated on our bounty campaign has a bigger value than the 75 ATS they received.

Your coupon code is : XXXXXXXXX

You can use this coupon as soon our platform is available to receive 3 books for free. Please remember your email address (the one you received this email to, as the coupon is connected to your email address).

You don't need to complete any form, the coupon was already applied to this email address.

We apologize for the entire situation and thank you for your support. You’ve all been incredible.

Help us make this promising idea of a book friendly future a reality!

PS: the remaining ~650,000 ATS tokens left from the distribution will be offered, through lottery to 25 investors who contributed to our token sale by ETH. The 25 random winners will be picked Wednesday 20th and announced on our blog.

Sincerely,
Authorship.com Team

Destroyer1333

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:33:37 PM

I can't find the post but as far as i remember someone told that the form is not needed (don't know if it was peter)

But I don't understand how this can work.
Because the form was to confirm the ETH address. Without form it will take 45 days?! Then with unconfirmed address? I don't really know. I would fill in the form.

I think that you should full fill the form.
Jamabo23000

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:38:02 PM

I did not receive anything, I filled out the form, I even explain to friends how to receive its ATS, I did not create several accounts just 1 or I have 1880 ats, and I have nothing received

I want to cry, I am the subject for 2 weeks, every hour, I talk about forums and I receive nothing while the form was ok
those whom I helped fill out the form have already received them when they have the request 2h after me, peter said the first arrived are first served so I have no chance to be in the 10% who have not yet received the ATS
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: