Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
fazmen

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:13:30 AM

has anyone after 1 august sent any transaction in BTC network - it is everything OK?
can I make today any BTC transfer?
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 711
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:18:50 AM

Got private key...Electrum...And BCC manual servers I'm trying to connect to redeem my bcc are ''lagging''.

Anyone got an, up to date, solution to claim bcc via Electrum ?

Thank you.
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:25:14 AM

Great instructions. I guess it is best to wait right now until end of August as I see. We can safely deposit our bitcoins if we never claim our bcc right? I guess so. My bcc value is very insignificant so I am wondering if I can keep using my old "before the split" wallet with btc.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:42:03 AM

has anyone after 1 august sent any transaction in BTC network - it is everything OK?
can I make today any BTC transfer?
Yep, seems to be working okay although depends on where you are sending your coins, Bittrex for example have upped their confirmations to 6 instead of 2 just to be safe.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 07:43:46 AM

Wait wait wait let me get this straight......you mean replay protection on the BTC network?Huh
There is a difference between one sided and double sided replay protection.

what should this have to do with BCH/BCC network.....I though at this point he blocks were different......
but I see what you mean......but its sold as psuedo replay protection is implemented on the BCH network........
Think of the block that BCH forked at as a "snapshot" of Bitcoin. If there is no replay protection, there is no reason (if there is no protection) for which transactions from one chain couldn't be broadcasted on the other one (as long as the funds haven't moved on the chain that you're rebroadcasting to).

what are the logistical hurdles to a replay attack in your view?
It can lead to a lot of confusion, chaos and even loss of funds.

can this ever be safe.

can you explicitly elaborate?
Yes. The problem with BCH is that they intentionally obfuscated the changes to their clients, making review hard. Once things have been adequately reviewed and tested, i.e. the replay protection has proven itself to be working, then you can 99.9% safely transact.

I move my BTC to a new BTC addresses..then move my BCC to new BCC addresses..then it should be immune to replay as there would be nothing to move in a replay attack?
You can do that, yes. However, I am not sure whether the proposed clients (e.g. Electron) don't have any malicious code in them.

Your technical points are quite excellent, thank you.
You're welcome.

I should have said "it's currently 'worth'...." Although some here claim to have dumped already.
I am assuming it is mostly people who had balances on exchanges that instantly credited BCH, thus they were able to dump.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:53:19 AM

@Lauda or anyone else that has the knowledge, do you have any idea how to connect to a bitcoin cash node? It's really confusing because i downloaded the electron cash wallet, and it shows my balance in BCC units but when i send the BCC it actually sends it on the bitcoin blockchain instead of the bitcoin cash blockchain. Thankfully i didn't have a connection at the time meaning that i didn't send bitcoin to a bitcoin cash deposit address on an exchange which could have potentially caused a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Please let me know how i can connect to bitcoin cash nodes so i can send it to an exchange. Thank you.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:14:32 AM

Great instructions. I guess it is best to wait right now until end of August as I see. We can safely deposit our bitcoins if we never claim our bcc right? I guess so. My bcc value is very insignificant so I am wondering if I can keep using my old "before the split" wallet with btc.
At this point there is not much to worry about anymore. The only form of hindrance you might experience is that services and exchanges might not yet have continued their operations, or in case they have, they temporarily require more confirmations for deposits. Just in case, you as well should wait for a few more confirmations, althought it isn't explicitly a necessity - better safe than sorry they say.

-snip-
Common sense tips;

1- People shouldn't install the crappy BCC client on the same machine they have their regular Bitcoin client installed.
1.5- Install your BCC client on a seperate machine.
2-  Only send BCC from an address that has no more BTC in it.

This pretty well explains your problem, and offers a solution to fix it; https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6qyn18/electroncash_notice_how_to_select_bitcoincash/
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:15:29 AM

so can i go ahead and wait only six transaction? why i should wait 30? no one explained this yet
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:24:26 AM

Thanks for the guidance, Theymos. Very helpful.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:26:14 AM

Guys, I launched the purse: bitcoin-0.14.6-win32
There appeared a balance in BCC.
I turned off the second purse and turned it on: bitcoin-0.14.2

But the blocks do not swing, and the progress of 99.98% has been in place for 2 hours already!
How to be? Embarrassed

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

Chandu141

Activity: 385

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:31:23 AM

But the blocks do not swing, and the progress of 99.98% has been in place for 2 hours already!
How to be? Embarrassed

i think you should wait for the BCC blocks , at present the mining is slow for BCC and so far only 3 blocks mined.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:39:21 AM

Thank you for your statement
And thanks that segwit is over
Now everybody can trade and invest their btc
So many weeks that people feared this aug 1 event
Hope that trading in exchanges can also gain back its normal market soon
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:43:44 AM

At this point there is not much to worry about anymore. The only form of hindrance you might experience is that services and exchanges might not yet have continued their operations, or in case they have, they temporarily require more confirmations for deposits. Just in case, you as well should wait for a few more confirmations, althought it isn't explicitly a necessity - better safe than sorry they say.

-snip-
Common sense tips;

1- People shouldn't install the crappy BCC client on the same machine they have their regular Bitcoin client installed.
1.5- Install your BCC client on a seperate machine.
2-  Only send BCC from an address that has no more BTC in it.

This pretty well explains your problem, and offers a solution to fix it; https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6qyn18/electroncash_notice_how_to_select_bitcoincash/

Thanks for this link.

However I have tried to install electroncash on my mac, but it always fails to even launch. So currently i have my wallet on my android phone as an apk file. I can definitely uncheck auto-connect to server, but then it doesn't give me a list of servers to connect to that apparently does show up on the desktop version.

I'll try to download the electron cash client for mac again, hopefully it will work this time round.

Thanks for your help!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 08:45:13 AM

@Lauda or anyone else that has the knowledge, do you have any idea how to connect to a bitcoin cash node?
Read this: http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/hardfork.html. You should move your BTC balance to a new address before doing anything. That way you can prevent a replay attack / loss of funds.

How to be? Embarrassed
You can't swing back and forth from those two clients. They are not compatible. You need to use separate data directories for each.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mudra102

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:52:55 AM

Gonna try this later , thanks  Grin
Chandu141

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:01:08 AM

I installed BitcoinABC on second machine and imported wallet.dat (BTC/Bitcoin core's) from first machine.

but i don't see any BCH/BCC

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:13:00 AM

Lauda  I removed the second purse completely.
And uploaded the file wallet, but the blocks do not swing (

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:13:59 AM

@Theymos & Co   Cool Cool, thanks for taking time and effort to post update's consistently during & after this period.

I have two question but, i seem to have forgotten the most important question. well, i'll have to go back to the thread [Aug 1 summary ] perhap this could help me recollect the other question.

"...you should require 30 confirmations..."

Now,  in regard's to 30 confirmations, is there anything one can do to fasten the confirmation time? for instance addition of higher process fee's or this is the standard set time?

Regard's
Bitcseo

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:25:44 AM

I installed BitcoinABC on second machine and imported wallet.dat (BTC/Bitcoin core's) from first machine...but i don't see any BCH/BCC
You realize that you have to completely synchronize to the latest BitcoinABC block, right?

Lauda  I removed the second purse completely.
And uploaded the file wallet, but the blocks do not swing (
The "purse" does not decide the block height. The software doesn't even need a wallet to function. You need to delete some of the latest block data, but I'm afraid that this would force you to reindex at best. In the worst case, you will have to synchronize from scratch, using the client that you want.

Now,  in regard's to 30 confirmations, is there anything one can do to fasten the confirmation time? for instance addition of higher process fee's or this is the standard set time?
No.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Chandu141

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:30:08 AM

You realize that you have to completely synchronize to the latest BitcoinABC block, right?

it didn't synchronized , if it's necessary , i will let is sync.
btw, can i copy the bootstrap of BTC to ABC for quick sync Huh  Tongue

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: