Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:23:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:29:36 PM

I don't feel at the moment, there are no consequences fork of bitcoin, but that's not it. For any currency that was not a good action. It is in any case will have an impact on both coins. It was necessary to negotiate, but not to share. This is an example of what the bitcoin is not decentralized as people think.

It's all good, we are only part way through.

i heard your thoughts re-decentralisation at a meetup this week and it up to us, the true satoshi bitizens to maintain the pressure and volume on the forks and on btc..and to also spend it, it's really important we spend it.....
i feel bcc may rise to parity with the usd purely because of the pressure that going to be put on it, the public will chase it and the'll get it educated to crypto.
Along the way they will notice the satoshi system, they will wonder a tiny bit, they will probably even hold a little btc.
One day each of them will realise bcc is the establishment with high fees and the'll look around a bit before crashing bcc.

Then they will realise what the blockchain really is and they will embrace it exactly like we have, then we will have a decentralisation.

The establishment, the hackers, the fail's, loss's and forks, they all play an crucial part in getting this to the masses. Especially the forks, they should be called routes.Cool

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:40:17 PM

Is BCH and BCC are different coins? Can I split into both same priv key?

not during the same transaction... port your btc to a new address, port your bcc to a new address, then combine then...prolly better to tune thier size to the tx fee of your provider...i think that all right..

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
Mr.Scott

Activity: 548
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:52:35 PM

Thanks for the kind update. It was much helpful.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:18:34 PM

Im going insane trying to find out if anyone has been able to sell their BTC at all or not.

If I have my BTC on Bitcoin Core, and I follow this guide, can i already dump the coins, or are the markets still frozen?

They can't be frozen because I see price action. So what's going on? Only these that had the money on the exchanges can trade but they are not accepting deposits?

Can anyone tell them whats going on? this is too confusing.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BCC

I've seen the 0.48 to 0.14 dump... was anyone able to sell before the dump?
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:34:02 PM

Im going insane trying to find out if anyone has been able to sell their BTC at all or not.

If I have my BTC on Bitcoin Core, and I follow this guide, can i already dump the coins, or are the markets still frozen?

They can't be frozen because I see price action. So what's going on? Only these that had the money on the exchanges can trade but they are not accepting deposits?

ViaBTC and HitBTC are accepting deposit of BCH for trading Smiley

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:09:04 PM

was credited a small amount by kraken based on the small amount of btc i already had there and sold with no problem, still need a quick way of importing the coins from my own btc wallet so i can send in the rest and sell

According to what i've read, deposits and withdraws are frozen. Have you been able to withdraw your BCC?

From what I understand, the market we are seeing with BCC, is only done with the limited volume that the BTC that was already deposited on exchanges would deliver, but nothing is either being withdrawn or deposited which is ridiculous.

Why is this happening, and when is people free to withdraw or deposit the coins? until then, we can't know the real price...
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 06:17:52 PM

I copied the bitcoin data folder to a separate machine and installed Bitcoin Unlimited BUCash build there. It started re-indexing, bu now stopped at 3 years 41 weeks behind. In the Debug window, the number of connections is shown as 11 (In: 0 / Out: 11) On the Bitcoin Core client I have 46 (In: 38 / Out: 8 ) [Running a full node]

Is there a bootstrap peer list for BCC?

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:36:47 PM

Can someone answer this question, I am looking on it too.

PS, I have priv key for electrum which can be use to electroncash but I doubt the wallet itself since it electrum does not support it.

Just like the other versions electrum has (LTC and Dash for example), ElectronCash is simply built using the source of Electrum but has nothing to do with it, the list of wallets that can be used can be found on the site[1] and yes, you can import the private keys from Electrum to ElectronCash I believe. (but make sure you move the funds from Electrum first)

[1] https://www.bitcoincash.org/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:00:08 PM

I'm waiting from >4 hours and did not get a single confirmation for 5 tx which I made with electrumcrash using max dynamic fees.
LOLing at who will try to buy a coffee with this.
mmgen-py

Activity: 110
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 09:20:03 PM

I'm waiting from >4 hours and did not get a single confirmation for 5 tx which I made with electrumcrash using max dynamic fees.
LOLing at who will try to buy a coffee with this.

My BCH tx just confirmed in 20 min. with a fee of 100 satoshis/byte. Sent with MMGen. Use a better wallet!

In all fairness, though, that last block (478600) took almost 5 hours to find, so you were just unlucky with the timing.
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:49:39 PM

in case this was already asked, please be patient I am not a techi and the whole stuff is hardly for me to understand. Can I simply now transfer my bitcoins from electrum to a new wallet and then I can see my BCH? Or how will I be able to see my BCH?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:56:13 PM

in case this was already asked, please be patient I am not a techi and the whole stuff is hardly for me to understand. Can I simply now transfer my bitcoins from electrum to a new wallet and then I can see my BCH? Or how will I be able to see my BCH?

yes, to see: you already know that your BTC balance on august 1 is your BCH balance now.

to spend your BCH:
1 create a new wallet and move all of your BTC balance there
2 get electrumcash (possibly install it on a virtual machine or disposable puter) and use your old electrum wallet with it to spend your bch.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:01:18 PM

Bitcoin cash is on a different blockchain network, so the wallet on that network is frozen in time from when it was cloned when the split happened. to get your BitcoinCash coins the steps you need to take are:

1. Create a new BTC wallet, with a new private key
2. Transfer all your BTC from the old wallet to the new one, and don't use the old wallet again for BTC.
3. Export the keys from the old BTC wallet
4. On another computer, or Virtual machine, create a new BitcoinCash wallet, using a BCH compatible wallet software from https://www.bitcoincash.org/ by importing the keys from the old BTC wallet.

After doing this your Bitcoincash will show up in the BitcoinCash wallet on the new machine and your BTC will be safe in a new wallet that the BitcoinCash network blockchain knows nothing about.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
anonjdoe

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:12:27 PM

You don't even need to do that much. On my Windows Electrum wallet, I just downloaded the Windows Electron Cash executable (there's no installer as far as I know). When you run Electrum you see your bitcoins (BTC), when you run the Electron Cash executable, you see/access your BCC (aka XBC, BCH). Be sure to check the SHA1 file hash when you download Electrum Cash.

One thing to note, there does seem to have been an oversight during the release of Electron Cash and it sometimes will start up connected to the legacy Bitcoin block chain instead of the new Bitcoin Cash block chain. If this happens, follow this guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6qyn18/electroncash_notice_how_to_select_bitcoincash/

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 10:17:40 PM

..So if you do not use any of the two currencies (BTC and BCH), would I be safe?My plan is to keep both coins and see what happens
Yes, obviously.

Post-HF transactions on the BCH chain use a different sighash algorithm (it's adapted from BIP143) to compute the transaction hash that the spender of the output signs. In other words, the transaction hash of a post-fork BCH transaction prevout is completely different data than the transaction hash of its corresponding prevout on the BTC chain. The signature is signing different data on each chain, so each chain's signature is invalid on the other, making transaction replay impossible.
Since I can't verify that myself right now, and I haven't seen any peer-review that confirms it is properly implemented, I'd rather not risk it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
anonjdoe

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:25:59 PM

Since I can't verify that myself right now, and I haven't seen any peer-review that confirms it is properly implemented, I'd rather not risk it.

Of course you're free to wait, but it's been running without problems now for three days. I've done several dozen transactions myself. All have confirmed without issue (I was running the latest Bitcoin ABC client).

EDIT: Oh, I forgot, also sent an Electron Cash transaction which also worked fine.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 10:37:50 PM

Of course you're free to wait, but it's been running without problems now for three days. I've done several dozen transactions myself. All have confirmed without issue (I was running the latest Bitcoin ABC client).

EDIT: Oh, I forgot, also sent an Electron Cash transaction which also worked fine.
I've already created a new BTC wallet and will run those wallets inside a VM. The whole idea behind Bcash is a scam, and they have absolutely zero credible developers. Better safe than sorry.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
anonjdoe

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:47:23 PM

The whole idea behind Bcash is a scam, and they have absolutely zero credible developers. Better safe than sorry.

Unless it's also Bcore or Segwitcoin for legacy Bitcoin, or Eclassic instead of Ethereum Classic, the new fork is called Bitcoin Cash not Bcash. Why are you so afraid of it that you have to denigrate it with a fake name?

You seem convinced it's a scam or untrustworthy. Be happy to see some reasons.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 10:53:01 PM

Unless it's also Bcore or Segwitcoin for legacy Bitcoin, or Eclassic instead of Ethereum Classic, the new fork is called Bitcoin Cash not Bcash. Why are you so afraid of it that you have to denigrate it with a fake name?
It is not Bitcoin. Calling it Bitcoin Cash is misleading at best and only serves to cause more confusion and problems down the road. Example: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6rcade/cbs_is_referring_the_new_chain_as_bitcoin_cash/

You seem convinced it's a scam or untrustworthy. Be happy to see some reasons.
You need to pay attention to who has been doing what, and why. Massive centralization of the network; what could possibly go wrong? Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:55:31 PM

Be happy to see some reasons.

the fact that they are spamming the BTC mempool is scammy enough for me

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: