Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:37:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:53:57 AM

Coinbase has handled hard forks before. With Ethereum, they chose not to offer long-term support ETC and let people withdraw them for a couple of months before dropping support.

In their FAQ they say they'll handle hard forks on a case-by-case basis. I see no reason to suspect that they'd completely fuck over every single one of their bitcoin customers by just throwing away or keeping their coins on the "losing" chain.

At this point, there's really no reason for them to make a decision or even pick a side. Deciding what to do now could backfire on them, so it makes sense to just wait to see what happens.

TODAY Coinbase announced that it WILL support BCH!  All customers are going to be credited with BCH now.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

They expect to have capability by January 2018 and all customers with BTC will be able to withdraw their BCH by then.

They want to be sure to have secure BCH apps in place.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:59:45 AM

That is why I said that I though that the ledger and the trezor were perhaps good, but the trezor method had proven to be compromised - leaving only the ledger.

I had initially ordered a ledger but back ordered until September 4.  I then found another place that I could get the ledger by next week, so I ordered another one, and I should have if by early next week, hopefully.

Maybe there will be some other solutions that are established before next week.  It would be a good business for an exchange to offer such a service, and maybe charge a small coin splitting fee?  They probably would increase their customers
There is no reason to rush claiming anyways. A lot of the exchanges such as Bittrex don't have working deposits, and with the lack of methods for claiming/dumping, the price of BCH is artificially high. I'd rather wait another week or two than risk losing funds.

where is the official btcc wallet so i can import my private keys and claim my free money?
Bitcoin ABC I believe.

Many exchanges confusingly gave ticker BCC to Bitcoin Cash. It should be BCH!

BCC is already in use for Bitconnect Coin.
Correct. I do not understand why some people insist on BCC. It adds to the confusion as it is already taken. They should have gone with BCash - BCH.

I think the word, "Cash," is going to be a much bigger problem!!
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:09:21 AM

Coinbase has handled hard forks before. With Ethereum, they chose not to offer long-term support ETC and let people withdraw them for a couple of months before dropping support.

In their FAQ they say they'll handle hard forks on a case-by-case basis. I see no reason to suspect that they'd completely fuck over every single one of their bitcoin customers by just throwing away or keeping their coins on the "losing" chain.

At this point, there's really no reason for them to make a decision or even pick a side. Deciding what to do now could backfire on them, so it makes sense to just wait to see what happens.

TODAY Coinbase announced that it WILL support BCH!  All customers are going to be credited with BCH now.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

They expect to have capability by January 2018 and all customers with BTC will be able to withdraw their BCH by then.

And when they are released it will lead to a new crash as people dump their free coins. The same will happen with poloniex crediting BCC to their customers.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:23:50 AM

And when they are released it will lead to a new crash as people dump their free coins. The same will happen with poloniex crediting BCC to their customers.

If it's worth anything by then.....  It opened at $550.  Today close to $300 as more people figure out how to dump it!

Still, better to sit on it than to risk all your BTC private keys being "diverted."

DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 02:33:17 AM

Are there any safe ways to claim BCC while keeping your current private keys usable safely? Most of my BTC was in my vanity address, which I would prefer to keep.

I'm thinking of getting Electron Cash, prevent it from connecting to the internet and maybe signing an offline transaction and than broadcasting it? Anyone know if that would work and the problems with it? Might also use BitcoinABC, sync it, block it's internet connection, import my keys and then signing an offline transaction.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
anonjdoe

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:39:08 AM

I have followed these steps:

1)Installed electron cash on a computer that doesn't have your Bitcoin wallet or any information about your Bitcoin.

2) When you get to the option to select new wallet etc. Select you have a existing seed or master seed. This is your list of twelve words that you got when you did a backup of your Mycelium wallet

Type the words in with spaces. Example "one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve"

You'll notice that the next box in the lower rightbcorner is greyed out

Click the Options box. Put a check in the BIP138 box

Now the next box is available. Click next and when the wallet connects to the Bitcoin cash server you will see your Bitcoin cash balance.

After following all these steps, my bitcoin cash balance is showing as 0. Is there something wrong I am doing? How I can know, it has connected to MyCelium wallet?

Did your instance of Electron Cash start up on the right block chain? Follow this guide to be sure (as of this post the BCC block height is 478609 vs 478918 for BTC):

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6qyn18/electroncash_notice_how_to_select_bitcoincash/
I tried above steps. Nothing works. Block Height is 478610

Hmm. Have you tried installing regular Electrum (for legacy Bitcoin (BTC)) on another computer and putting in that seed to see if the correct BTC balance shows up? If it does, I'm out of my depth. I can only tell you my experience with Electron Cash worked without problems.

If you try that and you get a zero BTC balance, I think that implies you have the wrong seed, because the one you've been trying is likely empty.
Moria843

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:25:20 AM

TODAY Coinbase announced that it WILL support BCH!  All customers are going to be credited with BCH now.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

If it's worth anything by then.....  It opened at $550.  Today close to $300 as more people figure out how to dump it!

Still, better to sit on it than to risk all your BTC private keys being "diverted."

There's no way you can lose BTC if you already moved them and their are none left - even if someone got the private keys. I quit a long time ago.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:43:17 AM

Just installed Electron Cash in my notebook, transfered my BTC to a new wallet, send my old btc private key from an empty old btc wallet, BCC funds OK, nice, right server sync OK, then I've made a transaction with enormous amount of fee to my Bittrex BCC online wallet:

Fee   0.00634838 BTC   2.54 USD

Unconfirmed transaction with more than an hour, LOL  Grin, I really don't care about rescuing these coins, it's more a test to see how the BCC/BCH network is going on and I can say it's slow as hell, trash.

BCH little bastard coin will probably die with this puny hashrate power, where are the miners to confirm transactions and secure the network? China only?

Crappy coin indeed.

You sound like you've made up your mind already so you definitely should sell as fast as you can. Bitcoin
Cash is only three days old, though, and seems to be doing pretty damned well IMO. It definitely has proven the Core/Blockstream narrative that a hard fork would cause mass disruption or the valuation to tank to be patently false.

so that's what you base your judgement on, Three Days? During those three days people really havn't been able to do anything to it, nor has it's market settled, nor are some of the exchanges acting honestly, nor people will have there BCH for months.
Im only 14 days into blockchain, but even I can tell your off...

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
anonjdoe

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:56:57 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 04:52:28 AM by anonjdoe

Just installed Electron Cash in my notebook, transfered my BTC to a new wallet, send my old btc private key from an empty old btc wallet, BCC funds OK, nice, right server sync OK, then I've made a transaction with enormous amount of fee to my Bittrex BCC online wallet:

Fee   0.00634838 BTC   2.54 USD

Unconfirmed transaction with more than an hour, LOL  Grin, I really don't care about rescuing these coins, it's more a test to see how the BCC/BCH network is going on and I can say it's slow as hell, trash.

BCH little bastard coin will probably die with this puny hashrate power, where are the miners to confirm transactions and secure the network? China only?

Crappy coin indeed.

You sound like you've made up your mind already so you definitely should sell as fast as you can. Bitcoin
Cash is only three days old, though, and seems to be doing pretty damned well IMO. It definitely has proven the Core/Blockstream narrative that a hard fork would cause mass disruption or the valuation to tank to be patently false.

so that's what you base your judgement on, Three Days? During those three days people really havn't been able to do anything to it, nor has it's market settled, nor are some of the exchanges acting honestly, nor people will have there BCH for months.
Im only 14 days into blockchain, but even I can tell your off...

As a new fork starting with the same full difficulty as the legacy chain, I think it's doing quite well to date. Am I deciding nothing bad can happen from now on based on three days history? Not at all. But I'm also not writing its obituary, especially considering it has experienced no real problems so far.

If I'm wrong, and you have specific incidents to demonstrate this, please educate me. I'm here to learn.
y4y4n8

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Indonesian Translator

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:50:17 AM

thank you for this info,,,
but my oppinion about BCC/BCH thats the BCC/ BCH wlould be like BTC its self..
and after this day BCC will be raise day after day
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:45:45 AM

thank you for this info,,,
but my opinion about BCC/BCH is that the BCC/ BCH would be like BTC itself..
and after this day BCC will be raise day after day

we shall see.....
BloodFjord018

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:49:48 AM

Hey guys. I'm new to the crypto world and I was just wandering is it better to buy bitcoin on coinbase or is there a better starting point? Also, I have ordered a Trezor hardware wallet but it hasn't arrived yet so how do I safely store my coin offline until my Trezor gets here? Thanks for any advice.

Smiley
Labay

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:29:04 AM

Nice update it help me too much from a long wait on what happen in august 1 i was very scared but not now.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 07:36:16 AM

Can so point me pls where in this summary is resumed the sourcing reason for this this entire mess?

Something: Who was in the driver seat and what did those drives do to ensure the absolutely needed consensus?

And what actions needs to be enabled to get around a next potential mess?

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
izumaki

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:43:16 AM

Thanks for the guide, bch would be like btc in the future, we should just be ready for security risks
y4y4n8

Activity: 392

Indonesian Translator

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:28:53 AM

JUST wait the reliable of BCH and pumping 2nd round on the marketplace.. Grin Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10303

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:41:11 AM

Can so point me pls where in this summary is resumed the sourcing reason for this this entire mess?

Something: Who was in the driver seat and what did those drives do to ensure the absolutely needed consensus?

You are way off topic, as seems to be your MO..   Tongue

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 09:16:51 AM

Oh shut up and enjoy your increased net worth already. 
A clear example of the only reason (besides agency/corporation sponsored centralization attempt) for which you wanted a hard fork: greed. Why don't you go to some altcoin talk since you are in support of the BCH altcoin? Roll Eyes

I would not install electron cash anywhere right now....
It should be *fine* on a VM and with seeds/private keys that are no longer used on BTC.

Are there any safe ways to claim BCC while keeping your current private keys usable safely? Most of my BTC was in my vanity address, which I would prefer to keep.
An offline signed transaction, broadcasted from another computer whilst also moving any balance (if existing currently) away from the BTC address (temporarily obviously) should be *safe enough* I believe.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 09:58:38 AM

You are way off topic, as seems to be your MO..   Tongue

Hehe - I'm used to be, this is the doom of most critical thinking....

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:04:04 AM

I think i have misguided for not to keeping BTC in Exchange like bittrex so i transferred to blockchain.info wher i am holdin my private key now i am searching for how to get BCC if any link related to blockchain.info its much appreciated.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: