Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
EllaPonchik

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

Dream of the Great

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:10:22 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 12:11:39 PM by EllaPonchik

Hello friends. Smiley I'm new here and I'm curious to know. Will the BCC rise in price?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:45:05 AM

I think i have misguided for not to keeping BTC in Exchange like bittrex so i transferred to blockchain.info wher i am holdin my private key now i am searching for how to get BCC if any link related to blockchain.info its much appreciated.

First look at whether or not you really own any amount of BCC; https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin%20cash/explorer/

If above is the case, then download this wallet; http://www.electroncash.org/

You can then import your private key(s) into the electron cash client, but only do so when you have withdrawn/moved your BTC. And don't install this client on your main computer. At this point there don't seem to be many problems (aside from a few *at this point* non harming bugs), but that doesn't mean these bugs can't eventually be exploited, and thus lead to a loss of your funds. That's why I advice anyone that is done with dumping, to delete everything related to this client from their computer.
duke944

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:57:22 AM

The bcc explorer shows I have 1.09 fewer bcc than I should have. I've checked every receiving address I have ever used from my core wallet and it's short the 1.09. How is that possible?
MyTess

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:00:30 PM

Hey, have a question before claiming BCH.

I have BTC in Electrum wallet, but the BTC are spread on different addresses in this wallet. Do I need to consolidate them into one address in this wallet before starting the transfer process?

And can someone please explain the function of sweep? Is my question above about sweep?

The transfer process would be as several people have mentioned:
1. Create a new wallet with new seed
2. Send all BTC to this new wallet
3. Install ElectronCash on different machine
4. Claim with original wallet seed

The seed and the private keys kind of confuse me?  Shouldn't I be ok, only with the seed, when doing step 4?

Thanks a million Smiley

mmgen-py

Activity: 110
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 12:05:37 PM

Just a reminder that the only way to truly transact securely, whether with BTC or BCH, is to run a full node and hold your keys and sign your transactions offline.

The MMGen wallet does its best to make this as easy as possible and now has full support for BCH. It also supports running BTC and BCH nodes simultaneously, should you wish to do that.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567069.msg20612660#msg20612660
duke944

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:05:31 PM

Couldn't you just send all your btc to an online wallet like coinbase or blockchain.info then  import your private keys on electrum, send the bcc to bittrex, delete your current btc core wallet from your computer, download a new one with new keys all on the same computer? what would be wrong with doing it this way?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 01:07:47 PM

Couldn't you just send all your btc to an online wallet like coinbase or blockchain.info then send import your private keys on electrum, send the bcc to bittrex, delete your current btc core wallet from your computer, download a new one with new keys all on the same computer? what would be wrong with doing it this way?
Why would you respond to this thread before reading anything? This has been literally answered a few dozen times. Roll Eyes Anyhow, the flaw in your *plan* is using online wallets. Do not use them.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
duke944

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:09:57 PM

Couldn't you just send all your btc to an online wallet like coinbase or blockchain.info then send import your private keys on electrum, send the bcc to bittrex, delete your current btc core wallet from your computer, download a new one with new keys all on the same computer? what would be wrong with doing it this way?
Why would you respond to this thread before reading anything? This has been literally answered a few dozen times. Roll Eyes Anyhow, the flaw in your *plan* is using online wallets. Do not use them.

Because the instructions are a pain in the fucking ass. I wish I had just sent all my btc to bittrex prior to the 1st, but I listened to all the stupid bs about making sure your btc wasn't on any exchange.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 01:12:42 PM

Because the instructions are a pain in the fucking ass. I wish I had just sent all my btc to bittrex prior to the 1st, but I listened to all the stupid bs about making sure your btc wasn't on any exchange.
They are not bullshit instructions. This could have been played out a countless number of ways, and as you could observe with some exchanges, they didn't credit their holders. I believe that Bittrex has abused their position as an exchange by delaying their acceptance of BCH deposits for so long. Besides, any coins you hold on an exchange are not your coins to begin with. Do not let greed dictate your decisions.

Since people like Roger Ver "believe" in this scam coin, wait for them to pump it up again and you can dump. Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
duke944

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:21:11 PM

They are not bullshit instructions. This could have been played out a countless number of ways, and as you could observe with some exchanges, they didn't credit their holders. I believe that Bittrex has abused their position as an exchange by delaying their acceptance of BCH deposits for so long. Besides, any coins you hold on an exchange are not your coins to begin with. Do not let greed dictate your decisions.

Since people like Roger Ver "believe" in this scam coin, wait for them to pump it up again and you can dump. Cheesy

I just want to get them on bittrex, I will wait for the pump to dump them.  Wink
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:36:30 PM

Dear friend
Thank for your hard works with all member this here! I had no coin at the moment because i sell it before fork!  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:38:17 PM

For the summary after august 1. Therefore, we could use bitcoin as it were before and nothings bad happen, it has no bad effect on price nor good effect. Furthermore, as what I've heard if you have a bitcoin on your storage you'll recieve also BCH but not all storage. I guess BCH will became like BTC hence, as long as is cheap...buy now so that you could get a high profit soon.
duke944

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:26:16 PM

Managed to get them on bittrex using the electron cash wallet, but I am short the 1.09 btc that I had in my btc core wallet well before 7/31. I have no idea how that could have happened, so much for crypto being mathematically sound. Something like this makes the whole scene suspect to me.
MyTess

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:38:53 PM

I have one question... If I buy Bitcoin now will I still get bitcoinCash or is it only for those who had BTC before August the first?

Only for those with BTC balance before 1st august around noon or so.
aesma

Activity: 2408
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:50:55 PM

I have BTC in Electrum wallet, but the BTC are spread on different addresses in this wallet. Do I need to consolidate them into one address in this wallet before starting the transfer process?

And can someone please explain the function of sweep? Is my question above about sweep?

The seed and the private keys kind of confuse me?  Shouldn't I be ok, only with the seed, when doing step 4?

Thanks a million Smiley

Consolidating your BTC won't serve any purpose. Send everything (you can do it in one go) to a new BTC address, created using a new wallet (for example Electrum on another computer, or an offline paper wallet).

Then install ElectronCash and do the same operation with BCC.

Managed to get them on bittrex using the electron cash wallet, but I am short the 1.09 btc that I had in my btc core wallet well before 7/31. I have no idea how that could have happened, so much for crypto being mathematically sound. Something like this makes the whole scene suspect to me.

You're wrong. But we can't check since you don't give any real information.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:50:59 PM

Keeping coins on exchange is a risk that gives you rewards.

Risks: exchange gets hacked, exit scam, loss of funds due to network disruptions from problematic forks, etc. etc.

Reward: being able to trade without delays, access to limited markets.

The decision is always yours, if you are unsatisfied with advises from other people, than do your own research.
duke944

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:58:05 PM

The seed and the private keys kind of confuse me?  Shouldn't I be ok, only with the seed, when doing step 4?

Thanks a million Smiley

Consolidating your BTC won't serve any purpose. Send everything (you can do it in one go) to a new BTC address, created using a new wallet (for example Electrum on another computer, or an offline paper wallet).

Then install ElectronCash and do the same operation with BCC.

You're wrong. But we can't check since you don't give any real information.

My btc core wallet held 1.09 more btc than both the bitcoin and bitcoin cash blockchains showed. I sent all of them to the blockchain.info wallet successfully, so I know they were there. I don't have an explanation, assuming I'm telling the truth is there any?
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:07:33 PM

I didn't get any BCH from any websites where I had my Bitcoins. So I "intentionally" bought BCH at Bittrex to see and witness the ^power^ of this so-called Cash coin but guess I committed a mistake after buying it at such a high price of BTC0.21. Do you think it will prove disastrous for my capital or will get pumped back to those high levels of BTC0.48 or should I get out at some other levels? Any suggestions?
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:10:05 PM

Just installed Electron Cash in my notebook, transfered my BTC to a new wallet, send my old btc private key from an empty old btc wallet, BCC funds OK, nice, right server sync OK, then I've made a transaction with enormous amount of fee to my Bittrex BCC online wallet:

Fee   0.00634838 BTC   2.54 USD

Unconfirmed transaction with more than an hour, LOL  Grin, I really don't care about rescuing these coins, it's more a test to see how the BCC/BCH network is going on and I can say it's slow as hell, trash.

BCH little bastard coin will probably die with this puny hashrate power, where are the miners to confirm transactions and secure the network? China only?

Crappy coin indeed.

You sound like you've made up your mind already so you definitely should sell as fast as you can. Bitcoin
Cash is only three days old, though, and seems to be doing pretty damned well IMO. It definitely has proven the Core/Blockstream narrative that a hard fork would cause mass disruption or the valuation to tank to be patently false.

so that's what you base your judgement on, Three Days? During those three days people really havn't been able to do anything to it, nor has it's market settled, nor are some of the exchanges acting honestly, nor people will have there BCH for months.
Im only 14 days into blockchain, but even I can tell your off...

As a new fork starting with the same full difficulty as the legacy chain, I think it's doing quite well to date. Am I deciding nothing bad can happen from now on based on three days history? Not at all. But I'm also not writing its obituary, especially considering it has experienced no real problems so far.

If I'm wrong, and you have specific incidents to demonstrate this, please educate me. I'm here to learn.

The satoshi philosophy trumps the establishment, I really don't think one could get more specific than that.

Be careful in your reply or you'll expose yourself Cool

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:14:25 PM

Keeping coins on exchange is a risk that gives you rewards.

Risks: exchange gets hacked, exit scam, loss of funds due to network disruptions from problematic forks, etc. etc.

Reward: being able to trade without delays, access to limited markets.

The decision is always yours, if you are unsatisfied with advises from other people, than do your own research.

If that's the case whether an exchange is a risk or not, please visit my thread to discuss this too where many expert people have given some great comments with their own available experiences. Still, trade only after pre-searching and researching on your own due diligence.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2053336.0
I think everything has settled for Bitcoins and so focus is already shifted back to it but still, I am scared too much about the word "replay protection" which is currently out of my mind and I always have a headache reading too much about this. Is there anything that could prevent Bitcoin itself from having this replay getting occurred?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: