Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:01:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:37:21 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 10:48:11 PM by RoomBot

Does anyone know if there is a definitive list of bitcoin exchanges and wallets that are going to be distributing bitcoincash?  Smiley

What distribution? It's already over even If you add bitcoins into exchanges right now, you won't be credited BCH and If you are looking for exchanges that accept deposits with low amount of confirmation then I suggest HitBTC, and for a full list check CoinMarketCap as BitcoinCash official site seem to be outdated.

Not so!  Coinbase is planning to credit BTC holders with BCH in the near-ish future.  As long as the BTC was there pre-fork.
Same with BitPay Exchange.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:07:57 PM

I was actually hoping for BCH to go down so that I could scoop up more of those.   I think taking a long position on both is probably the best way to go if you can do it.

We are a week into it today.   There is no reason to rush into dumping the BCH that early. 
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:33:43 PM

I was actually hoping for BCH to go down so that I could scoop up more of those.   I think taking a long position on both is probably the best way to go if you can do it.

We are a week into it today.   There is no reason to rush into dumping the BCH that early.  

Grab a surfboard and ride the BCH waves! Should be an interesting ride.

Buy low....HODL...Sell high.  The BTC way.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:34:04 AM

I was actually hoping for BCH to go down so that I could scoop up more of those.   I think taking a long position on both is probably the best way to go if you can do it.

We are a week into it today.   There is no reason to rush into dumping the BCH that early.  

Grab a surfboard and ride the BCH waves! Should be an interesting ride.

Buy low....HODL...Sell high.  The BTC way.

Bitcoin ABC (Bitcoin Cash; Bcash) is about 900 blocks behind BTC...not so much...
devonbuy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:41:07 AM

I was actually hoping for BCH to go down so that I could scoop up more of those.   I think taking a long position on both is probably the best way to go if you can do it.

We are a week into it today.   There is no reason to rush into dumping the BCH that early. 

Yes keithers, I agree with your stand and plan to do the same.  Wink
BHSMC

Activity: 188
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:47:44 AM

Guys I just transferred some BTC from gemini to gdax but it's been 44 minutes and it didn't even get 1 confirmation. On Blockcypher it shows miner preference medium, confidence level %88.

Why is it so slow? It has never happened to me before.

Also; before I make transfers, is there a way to see how busy btc network is? Based on what can you tell if it is busy or not?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4369

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:50:07 AM

relax man, it happens

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
BHSMC

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:57:53 AM

relax man, it happens

Jojo, thank you very much for your message. I can certainly relax now lol.

Besides that, do you have any explanation for me? I would like to learn. Smiley
bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:04:52 AM

Superb now all are relax. Now Bitcoin value also increases.
Thanks for the information.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:10:55 AM

relax man, it happens

Blocks are not found every 10 minutes like clockwork.  Blocks are discovered at random and the network adjusts difficulty so that a block is discovered every 10 minutes ON AVERAGE.  There have been instances of hours going by without a block, there have been blocks discovered seconds apart.  If your transaction was broadcast to the network with a reasonable fee it will be included in a discovered block in due time.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
BHSMC

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:26:17 AM

relax man, it happens

Blocks are not found every 10 minutes like clockwork.  Blocks are discovered at random and the network adjusts difficulty so that a block is discovered every 10 minutes ON AVERAGE.  There have been instances of hours going by without a block, there have been blocks discovered seconds apart.  If your transaction was broadcast to the network with a reasonable fee it will be included in a discovered block in due time.

Thank you very much sir! I appreciate your post and your help.

It's crazy that now it is an hour and 30 minutes, I still didn't get even 1 confirmation lol.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:06:40 AM

I understand your stress.

It would help us if we knew the magnitude of the transaction and the fee paid, or even the transaction ID.  If the fee paid was low for current congestion conditions miners will pass over it for more lucrative traffic.

BHSMC

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:10:05 AM

I understand your stress.

It would help us if we knew the magnitude of the transaction and the fee paid, or even the transaction ID.  If the fee paid was low for current congestion conditions miners will pass over it for more lucrative traffic.

Jojo, I just got 5 confirmations literally in 10 minutes. Thank you very much for your help and explanation.

One more question, would that be possible to talk to Gemini or any other exchange if they can raise my fees a little bit so that I don't need to wait too long? Or all of their fees are fixed and it is not different for anyone?
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:14:25 AM

I have no idea as I do not use that service, poke around in their options and see if you can specify your fees.  Also, I wonder if this was just a lag in the website's reporting...were you actually following the transaction on blockexplorer or just relying on Gemini's interface?

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:34:10 AM

Guys I just transferred some BTC from gemini to gdax but it's been 44 minutes and it didn't even get 1 confirmation. On Blockcypher it shows miner preference medium, confidence level %88.

Also; before I make transfers, is there a way to see how busy btc network is? Based on what can you tell if it is busy or not?

TX rates are insanely high as well.
BHSMC

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:39:18 AM

I have no idea as I do not use that service, poke around in their options and see if you can specify your fees.  Also, I wonder if this was just a lag in the website's reporting...were you actually following the transaction on blockexplorer or just relying on Gemini's interface?

Jojo thanks a lot sir!

I was following on both exchanges and as well as blockcypher.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:55:35 AM

No worries mate.  Wink

We have to help each other, there are plenty of sharks out there.

Please read and educate yourself as best you can if you are going to put wealth that is important to your life in crypto, great opportunity comes with great danger.

els

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:20:12 AM

may answer your question -- though focused on fees and corresponding timeliness of your transaction getting into a block.  i find this helpful:

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

or if you want to look directly at backlog:

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:30:52 AM

^^good stuff

you can pay more for "instant" confirmation, or be cheap and wait

BHSMC

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:35:17 PM

may answer your question -- though focused on fees and corresponding timeliness of your transaction getting into a block.  i find this helpful:

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

or if you want to look directly at backlog:

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size

Good morning guys!

Thanks a lot for your information els!

I would rather pay more fees for an instant transfer but the problem is I am using an exchange Gemini. I don't think users can choose their own fees. They have a flat fee where users can't change.

Please correct me if anyone is using Gemini.

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: