Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:44:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:58:42 PM

Just wondering if there are any services / web wallet  - that will provide Bitcoincash in to balance by providing Bitcoin pvt key ?
ahhh yesss, i remember back in the day wondering the same thing.
At the time I was standing on the edge of a pool. The pool was called "The Deep End". Right next to the pool was a mountain. The mountain was called "Mt Learning-Curve". I considered my task, dive into the deep end, then clamber up Mt Learning Curve.
Diving into the deep end was fine, tha's easy, but while climbing up My Learning-Curve I would often get brain freezes, but tha's ok too, a good google often thawed them out

yes Chandu there are balance checks, just google bcc, bch or bitcoin cash balance... obviously don't use your private key to check it, just the public key is all at this stage...

Have fun on your journey, in life, there arn't many mountains to climb like this...

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kkeylb

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:53:44 AM

Aug 1 summary? uhhhh, china pushed their agenda bcc and are shoving lies into our faces, meanwhile I sell and increase my btc stash Smiley
Chandu141

Activity: 385
Merit: 251

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:06:52 AM

Just wondering if there are any services / web wallet  - that will provide Bitcoincash in to balance by providing Bitcoin pvt key ?
ahhh yesss, i remember back in the day wondering the same thing.
At the time I was standing on the edge of a pool. The pool was called "The Deep End". Right next to the pool was a mountain. The mountain was called "Mt Learning-Curve". I considered my task, dive into the deep end, then clamber up Mt Learning Curve.
Diving into the deep end was fine, tha's easy, but while climbing up My Learning-Curve I would often get brain freezes, but tha's ok too, a good google often thawed them out

yes Chandu there are balance checks, just google bcc, bch or bitcoin cash balance... obviously don't use your private key to check it, just the public key is all at this stage...

Have fun on your journey, in life, there arn't many mountains to climb like this...

yes i found the way , what if i don't claim my BCC for longer? will they stay in my address forever right? i think they should , if not , is it possible and how and also why ?  Roll Eyes

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 11:13:20 AM

Don't enter your private key anywhere online.

It looks like BCH was finally such a small Christmas gift for the bitcoin holder. HF has run smoothly, and it could spur further HFs in the future. What do you think about it?
More BTC for everyone I guess. Don't be surprised if more *Bitcoin [Whatever]* things pop up. This is just another type of attack on the Bitcoin network.

So when will finally take the SegWit2x? August 1 has already passed, but the size of the block is the same.
August the 1st has nothing to do with SegWit2x. That may or may not happen in November.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Chandu141

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:28:32 PM

Don't enter your private key anywhere online.

roger that !

I installed elecrum cash on my personal vpn  and tried show BCC balance by entering my BTC address, and i can see my BCC balance eventhough i have spent my BTC balance after the split Grin i think the BCC balance i am seeing is related to the balance i had before split  Cheesy

I don't wanna claim my BCC now ... may be later.. can i claim anytime in future ? or does it have a time limit something like if i don't claim by X particular time, then later i can't get to claim my BCC ?  Huh
Well i don't think it makes sense and i think i should be able to claim my BCC any time in future.. am i right ?  Roll Eyes

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 01:09:53 PM

I installed elecrum cash on my personal vpn  and tried show BCC balance by entering my BTC address, and i can see my BCC balance eventhough i have spent my BTC balance after the split Grin i think the BCC balance i am seeing is related to the balance i had before split  Cheesy
That's how it should be. I'm not sure why you're surprised.

I don't wanna claim my BCC now ... may be later.. can i claim anytime in future ? or does it have a time limit something like if i don't claim by X particular time, then later i can't get to claim my BCC ?  Huh
Well i don't think it makes sense and i think i should be able to claim my BCC any time in future.. am i right ?  Roll Eyes
You can "claim" as long as the coin itself does not die.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Chandu141

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:52:43 PM

That's how it should be. I'm not sure why you're surprised.

because i now feel BCC is for real  Grin

You can "claim" as long as the coin itself does not die.

once OP said in his first pages of replies that he is "not sure about the claiming period. may be whenever one like to claim or may not"

you makes sense , people should be able to claim until coin dies..

its obvious that bcc can't die but What do you think about BCC/BCH future ? will it grow price wise or not ? will it reach BTC ? any guesses ?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 02:08:30 PM

because i now feel BCC is for real  Grin
It is as real as any other altcoin is.

once OP said in his first pages of replies that he is "not sure about the claiming period. may be whenever one like to claim or may not"
It's a highly centralized altcoin with inherent flaws in its design. He stated that as one can't be fully sure what their plans are / whether this will survive at all.

What do you think about BCC/BCH future ?
Near zero.

will it reach BTC ?
You must be joking.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:30:41 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 05:02:14 PM by neurotypical

Look what we have here:

https://github.com/btc1/bitcoin/issues/34

It's a matter of fact Gavin Andresen gets involved. The usual suspects as always. Instead of contributing in Core, Gavin ALWAYS goes around whatever the fork of the hour is. He has been in XT, Classic, Unlimited, Cash and now im sure will start either contributing or promoting segwit2x. This pisses me off so much. It's clear their only goal is to get rid of Core devs and fork the network. I hate that they have been able to bribe a bunch of exchanges and mining power and now the dumb bulk of the population is going to be brainwashed into thinking segwit2x is BTC. Someone must stop this scam.

PS: Is there a thread to follow the NYC/segwit2x thing and comment with people along the way as thing happen? The thread by ck was closed.
mr.zet

Activity: 386
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:26:44 PM

They say that in November there will be one more fork of bitcoin, but this is not accurate.

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 05:30:59 PM

It's a matter of fact Gavin Andresen gets involved.
Gavin is either: 1) Compromised. 2) An idiot with a huge ego that can't admit to being wrong. Anyways, he's irrelevant nowadays.

PS: Is there a thread to follow the NYC/segwit2x thing and comment with people along the way as thing happen? The thread by ck was closed.
I do not know and this thread isn't the right place to discuss that anyways.

They say that in November there will be one more fork of bitcoin, but this is not accurate.
Wrong. It is accurate. Anyone running btc1 will fork 90 days after Segwit activates, which is in November.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Chandu141

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:26:43 PM

Wrong. It is accurate. Anyone running btc1 will fork 90 days after Segwit activates, which is in November.

so what's it all about? what happens in november ? it it for just development like better transactions or another altcoin like Bitcoin Cash will get in to market  ?   Tongue

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10192

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:42:36 PM

so what's it all about? what happens in november ? it it for just development like better transactions or another altcoin like Bitcoin Cash will get in to market  ?   Tongue

I understand that much of these hardforks and softforks and upgrades can become confusing, yet it seems to me that you are conflating three events around August 1, and asking for a comparison of what would or could happen in November as compared with what happened surrounding the August 1 events.

Some people engage in conflation in these events on purpose because they are trying to spin and confuse the bitcoin community, and so it is not necessarily appropriate to blame some innocent bystanders who might become confused and engaged in the same conflating of these events - because who has time to follow a lot of these activities - and I admit that I have a come across a large number of recent events in this scaling debate in which I become confused too - partly because of the conflating that is taking place on an ongoing basis (intentionally or not).

Let me see if I can unconflate some of this, to clarify somewhat, and to respond to your question(s).

In mid 2015, various big blockers started arguing and asserting that bitcoin needed to have a hardfork in order to increase the size of the blocksize limit from 1mb to 2mb, and through the last two years they built a following of whiners who argued the technical necessity for such an increase of the blocksize from 1mb to 2mb through a hardfork and they also had some quasi-hidden agenda to change the governance of bitcoin (to make these kinds of changes easier in the future).  

These big blocker nutjob folks have been prominent in circles involving proposals of bitcoin xt, then bitcoin classic, then bitcoin unlimited, then emergent consensus, then bitcoin cash and currently segwit2x.  A lot of these are the same folks and building a whining following based on desires to change bitcoin governance while acting as if there is some kind of technical justification for their various proposed changes that play on the same fabricated theme suggesting that bitcoin is broken and that bitcoin needs an upgrade and an ability to more easily upgrade.

In late 2015, segregated witness was proposed by one of the core developers and was initially quite noncontroversial as a kind of scaling solution that fixed some other issues in bitcoin too (most widely known fix was transaction malleability), but as time passed, segwit became a kind of political football to be used by the bigblocker nutjobs and to argue as if segwit were controversial when it was not (like calling black white for a long time and after a while people start to believe it).  

In any event, segwit was coded and tested through 2016 and was able to be signaled by miners to be activated starting in November 2016.  In other words, after 11/16 as long as segwit signaling reached 95% for a 2 week period under BIP141, then segwit would lock in and then activate in the subsequent 2 weeks.  

Largely, through the summer of 2017, the signaling of segwit bounced between 25% and 35% through; however in April 2016 and in May 2017, there were meetings of largely the bigblockers that proposed ways to come to agreements to accomplish both segwit that would be tied to a 2x increase in the blocksize limit (aka hong kong agreement (HKA) and New york agreement (NYA)); however, the agreements  of those meetings were neither binding on core nor officially processed through any BIP that would be "officially" approved and allow for an adoption and consensus mechanism to achieve both segwit and 2x.  The fact of the matter was that neither the HKA nor the NYA had widespread support - even though the bigblocker whiners frequently asserted that they had wide-spread support - yet likely a fatal flaw with both "agreements" was that they were lacking in any kind of mechanism to truly and unambiguously demonstrate that they had support by causing some mechanism that would bind adoption (still no software to run that would cause binding support, either).

One of the first usages of the August 1 date was through BIP 148 (user activated softfork) that would have caused a mechanism to attempt to force miners to signal segwit in order that segwit could achieve the required 95% signaling (and such segwit activation would not include any 2x requirement).  In about June 2017, there was a BIP 91 that caused a path forward for reconciling the various roads to pending segwit activation and the 2x increase by causing a mechanism to activate segwit first; however, BIP 91 did not provide any mechanism for the 2x portion  of any prior discussions and/or agreements... so even though it referred to NYA (and implicitly HKA), there still was no binding mechanism regarding the 2x portion.  

For a variety of reasons, BIP91 became very popular including that it allowed segwit first and that if successful it seemed to avert a need to attempt a forcing of segwit through BIP148... So the passage of BIP91 largely caused the August 1 date to be a non-issue in terms of segwit because it became fairly clear that segwit was going to activate through the terms of BIP91.  And, like I mentioned earlier, BIP91 seemed to provide a binding path forward for segwit, yet remained ambiguous about any kind of 2x requirement (especially because the reference to underlying possible mechanisms of the HKA and the NYA, did not have any kind of binding mechanisms and were largely ambiguous at best).

Well, it seems that in July 2017 the hardfork bigblocker nutjobs saw the writing on the wall that segwit was going to get locked in and activated; however, they could not clearly and unambiguously cause a road forward for either 2x, nor hardforking nor changes in BTC governance mechanisms.  Therefore, they decided to ambush and perform a renegade and short notice hardfork - namely BCH, and they coopted the August 1 date, and likely they engaged in such renegade forkening because they considered such a move as a last chance to take advantage of ambiguities regarding the extent to which segwit, by itself, would be successful and ambiguities regarding the extent to such segwit sufficiently resolve any scaling issues that they had been fabricating for the past two years - in order to attempt to achieve their real goals, to undermine bitcoin's governance mechanisms.

So in the end, the August 1 BCH hardfork and the proposed upcoming November segwit2x hardfork, are likely to turn out very similarly, as renegade attempts to hardfork bitcoin and cause confusion in an attempt to change bitcoin's governance.  

Surely, since the proposed November segwit2x hardfork is in the future, no one can really say with anything approximating 100% certainty how the hardfork is going to turn out; however, at this point, it seems that bigblocker nut job whiners are likely to engage in such a gamble because they continue to NOT get their way through attempts to work within the system (and maybe they continue to see no advantages to attempt to work within the system to attempt to make changes within rather than acting like terrorist renegades).  So, sure, they are seeming likely to gamble a November hardfork, and, at this time, it seems that such a hardfork gamble in November (segwit2x) is quite likely (if it happens) play out in similar ways to the BCH hardfork - and to be recognized as renegade, minority, inferior and continued attacks on bitcoin, including largely the fact that these bigblockers want to attempt to change bitcoin's governance.

So, in the end, the odds seem to be pretty decent (at least the market seems to reflect that) the main bitcoin is likely to continue to dominate in these new dynamic of renegade hardforks - even when the renegade hardforks (such as the one that could happen in November-ish or sooner or have more of them) are attempts to dilute bitcoin in various ways, so if they are going to be successful and to really take over the real bitcoin, then they are likely going need to convince and inspire a larger spectrum of the bitcoin community to follow them (more than merely miners, but developers, consumers, investors, vendors and merchants).  

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:35:19 AM

Good to hear, thank you for the update Cool

Thanks for the update

After the Aug 1 event everything is positive and back to normal for bitcoin system infact latest news that the govertment of United States of America is now planning to adopt the bitcoin system and block chain program as they are amaze for its very reliable and strong process. This also is indeed a sucess summary  for bitcoin and achievements.
Giraffle

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:02:52 AM

Where can I find an official countdown for the actual activation of segwit?
Chandu141

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:09:36 AM

I understand that much of these hardforks and softforks and upgrades can become confusing, yet it seems to me that you are conflating three events around August 1, and asking for a comparison of what would or could happen in November as compared with what happened surrounding the August 1 events.

Some people engage in conflation in these events on purpose because they are trying to spin and confuse the bitcoin community, and so it is not necessarily appropriate to blame some innocent bystanders who might become confused and engaged in the same conflating of these events - because who has time to follow a lot of these activities - and I admit that I have a come across a large number of recent events in this scaling debate in which I become confused too - partly because of the conflating that is taking place on an ongoing basis (intentionally or not).

Let me see if I can unconflate some of this, to clarify somewhat, and to respond to your question(s).

In mid 2015, various big blockers started arguing and asserting that bitcoin needed to have a hardfork in order to increase the size of the blocksize limit from 1mb to 2mb, and through the last two years they built a following of whiners who argued the technical necessity for such an increase of the blocksize from 1mb to 2mb through a hardfork and they also had some quasi-hidden agenda to change the governance of bitcoin (to make these kinds of changes easier in the future).  

These big blocker nutjob folks have been prominent in circles involving proposals of bitcoin xt, then bitcoin classic, then bitcoin unlimited, then emergent consensus, then bitcoin cash and currently segwit2x.  A lot of these are the same folks and building a whining following based on desires to change bitcoin governance while acting as if there is some kind of technical justification for their various proposed changes that play on the same fabricated theme suggesting that bitcoin is broken and that bitcoin needs an upgrade and an ability to more easily upgrade.

In late 2015, segregated witness was proposed by one of the core developers and was initially quite noncontroversial as a kind of scaling solution that fixed some other issues in bitcoin too (most widely known fix was transaction malleability), but as time passed, segwit became a kind of political football to be used by the bigblocker nutjobs and to argue as if segwit were controversial when it was not (like calling black white for a long time and after a while people start to believe it).  

In any event, segwit was coded and tested through 2016 and was able to be signaled by miners to be activated starting in November 2016.  In other words, after 11/16 as long as segwit signaling reached 95% for a 2 week period under BIP141, then segwit would lock in and then activate in the subsequent 2 weeks.  

Largely, through the summer of 2017, the signaling of segwit bounced between 25% and 35% through; however in April 2016 and in May 2017, there were meetings of largely the bigblockers that proposed ways to come to agreements to accomplish both segwit that would be tied to a 2x increase in the blocksize limit (aka hong kong agreement (HKA) and New york agreement (NYA)); however, the agreements  of those meetings were neither binding on core nor officially processed through any BIP that would be "officially" approved and allow for an adoption and consensus mechanism to achieve both segwit and 2x.  The fact of the matter was that neither the HKA nor the NYA had widespread support - even though the bigblocker whiners frequently asserted that they had wide-spread support - yet likely a fatal flaw with both "agreements" was that they were lacking in any kind of mechanism to truly and unambiguously demonstrate that they had support by causing some mechanism that would bind adoption (still no software to run that would cause binding support, either).

One of the first usages of the August 1 date was through BIP 148 (user activated softfork) that would have caused a mechanism to attempt to force miners to signal segwit in order that segwit could achieve the required 95% signaling (and such segwit activation would not include any 2x requirement).  In about June 2017, there was a BIP 91 that caused a path forward for reconciling the various roads to pending segwit activation and the 2x increase by causing a mechanism to activate segwit first; however, BIP 91 did not provide any mechanism for the 2x portion  of any prior discussions and/or agreements... so even though it referred to NYA (and implicitly HKA), there still was no binding mechanism regarding the 2x portion.  

For a variety of reasons, BIP91 became very popular including that it allowed segwit first and that if successful it seemed to avert a need to attempt a forcing of segwit through BIP148... So the passage of BIP91 largely caused the August 1 date to be a non-issue in terms of segwit because it became fairly clear that segwit was going to activate through the terms of BIP91.  And, like I mentioned earlier, BIP91 seemed to provide a binding path forward for segwit, yet remained ambiguous about any kind of 2x requirement (especially because the reference to underlying possible mechanisms of the HKA and the NYA, did not have any kind of binding mechanisms and were largely ambiguous at best).

Well, it seems that in July 2017 the hardfork bigblocker nutjobs saw the writing on the wall that segwit was going to get locked in and activated; however, they could not clearly and unambiguously cause a road forward for either 2x, nor hardforking nor changes in BTC governance mechanisms.  Therefore, they decided to ambush and perform a renegade and short notice hardfork - namely BCH, and they coopted the August 1 date, and likely they engaged in such renegade forkening because they considered such a move as a last chance to take advantage of ambiguities regarding the extent to which segwit, by itself, would be successful and ambiguities regarding the extent to such segwit sufficiently resolve any scaling issues that they had been fabricating for the past two years - in order to attempt to achieve their real goals, to undermine bitcoin's governance mechanisms.

So in the end, the August 1 BCH hardfork and the proposed upcoming November segwit2x hardfork, are likely to turn out very similarly, as renegade attempts to hardfork bitcoin and cause confusion in an attempt to change bitcoin's governance.  

Surely, since the proposed November segwit2x hardfork is in the future, no one can really say with anything approximating 100% certainty how the hardfork is going to turn out; however, at this point, it seems that bigblocker nut job whiners are likely to engage in such a gamble because they continue to NOT get their way through attempts to work within the system (and maybe they continue to see no advantages to attempt to work within the system to attempt to make changes within rather than acting like terrorist renegades).  So, sure, they are seeming likely to gamble a November hardfork, and, at this time, it seems that such a hardfork gamble in November (segwit2x) is quite likely (if it happens) play out in similar ways to the BCH hardfork - and to be recognized as renegade, minority, inferior and continued attacks on bitcoin, including largely the fact that these bigblockers want to attempt to change bitcoin's governance.

So, in the end, the odds seem to be pretty decent (at least the market seems to reflect that) the main bitcoin is likely to continue to dominate in these new dynamic of renegade hardforks - even when the renegade hardforks (such as the one that could happen in November-ish or sooner or have more of them) are attempts to dilute bitcoin in various ways, so if they are going to be successful and to really take over the real bitcoin, then they are likely going need to convince and inspire a larger spectrum of the bitcoin community to follow them (more than merely miners, but developers, consumers, investors, vendors and merchants).  

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10192

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:23:47 AM

Where can I find an official countdown for the actual activation of segwit?

Either of these pages will work:

https://www.xbt.eu/

or

https://coin.dance/blocks

At the time of this post 240 blocks to go (about 40 hours-ish)

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:07:10 AM

The Bitcoin Cash blockchain is currently operating at 7% of the original chain's difficulty.

It is currently 78.6% more profitable to mine on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.

Fun huh?

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:03:53 AM

The Bitcoin Cash blockchain is currently operating at 7% of the original chain's difficulty.

Fun huh?

yer, but there mainly btc redeems arn't they? I sit there at night watching streams and streams of small sub 1 bch sell orders go thru. There the exchanges dumping the ill-gots arn't they? The'll run out soon won't they?

My kids have been using satoshi for legit, for the last few years, they didn't know over 100 other coins existed and had not heard of nor would bother to try to understand the fork, all they see is the satoshi.

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:23:49 PM

Fun huh?

Where did you get that stat from? sounds ridiculous. According to this website:

http://fork.lol/

The DARI (Difficulty Adjusted Reward Index) is a way to compare the rewards of two chains that share the same reward system. The following calculation is used to determine the DARI:
(block coinbase+fees in satoshis) / (block difficulty) * (exchange rate[1] in USD)

With this result we can compare the two chains. For example, using the DARI of the last block we can estimate that a BCH miner could potentially collect (12.65 / 6.78 =) 1.86x the reward (in USD) that a BTC miner could collect.

So it loos like it's gone down. I wonder for how long this can be sustainable. I hope it lasts because I still go to sync my damn ABC node.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: