Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PayPie - Blockchain-Powered Risk Assessment  (Read 109504 times)
alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:14:54 PM

I'm far from big America, but believe me, I'd have my way to be with this project without breaking the Laws, that's possible. Moreover, when Accounting establishes itself and brings transparency to Crypo, this project will be one of the greatest references in this sector and initiative

Can someone please explain something for me I can't seem to find anywhere. It's illegal for security type icos to be held in the us/for us customers. But does this only count for the ico? Once the ico has taken place is it legal for us citizens to buy/sell these tokens on exchanges?

The ban is for the ICO only, the US doesn't forbid companies that use the blockchain to function, or bring services other companies that will use said services, so there are no problems for PayPie in that regard, there are no problems for US citizens holding Paypie tokens either, so a US citizen can be part of the platform if he/she just buy it somewhere, but participate on the ICO, that is a no.

Thanks for the clear explanation. I think lots of people were wondering, great help!

So that means, as long as ICO still take place, US citizens aren't allowed to buy paypie but in the future when ICO already ended and paypie has been traded on exchangers, they can buy, hold or sell it?

Yeah, according to the law but, if you don't give a shite about it, then anyone can participate from any corner of the world.

If you use VPN, you could participate, nobody would know it was you because the blockchain is untraceable, so once you have your tokens in your wallet, you are godd to go and be part of the platform, but THAT Paypie can tell you, they must follow the law in the USA and actively announce they can't accept USA citizens.

doesnt a VPN in that case means that you do NOT obey the law in your country?

Yes it means that. So if you are a little investor, probably you will be fine. But big investors it's harder. They are getting audits most of the time and they can have hard time for doing so.

so its not worth thinking about if i comes to big investors

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:30:25 PM

I just watched again Yohan's speech video about AI and machine learning I think it will be also useful for credit score, the more data PayPie will receive the more it will "learn" to approach 100% accuracy on credit score
with AI and machine learning that will make the world difference. They can do accountant job with lower fee and better,

Wow, this is soooo cool!!!! AI and machine learning really is the future!

Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:39:41 PM

PayPie CMO, Yohan Varella, was interviewed by AccountingWEB, one of the major global accounting tech websites, about the impacts of A.I. on the accounting industry. The interview was held at the Accountex Conference, the biggest accounting tech event in the USA, and is just 2 minutes long. Check it out!

Well, it should bring some investors in !

Too bad the video does not have more views, what is the communication and marketing team doing ?  Grin
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:49:02 PM

If you really want to be in paypie I think you can use a vpn, no one will put you in jail for that. I understand the frustration of people who can't participate Beauce of law, especially for a project like paypie. So much possibility, a real bankable project with a lot of supporter.

This post is complete bs. There are law and regulations. When you have some trouble, you can't just tell them it was a great project. If someone takes your word and invest paypie and gets trouble will you compensate his loss?

These laws against crypto are such a bullshit. Every adult person should be allowed to invest in everything he/she wants.

Yes, they should. But governments never allow that, they want you to think you need their protection in every area. But at reality, governments only think of governments.
Cryptocurrencies has threatened fiat, and governments wouldnt let their fiat fall because of cryptocurrencies.

Actually it's not just the issue with fiats. the govt is trying to protect it's citizens from the numerous scam icos out there. it's akin to slapping a child's hand so he or she stops reaching into an open fire. when certain regulation is implemented around icos to dissuade scammers, a lot of govt restrictive laws will be lifted.
In the other hand everyone needs to learn at his own mistakes and this mistakes can't be avoided. If government still be trying to block ICO (like US) this will be pointless hustle because people always find new way to get in...
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:10:38 PM

If you really want to be in paypie I think you can use a vpn, no one will put you in jail for that. I understand the frustration of people who can't participate Beauce of law, especially for a project like paypie. So much possibility, a real bankable project with a lot of supporter.

This post is complete bs. There are law and regulations. When you have some trouble, you can't just tell them it was a great project. If someone takes your word and invest paypie and gets trouble will you compensate his loss?

These laws against crypto are such a bullshit. Every adult person should be allowed to invest in everything he/she wants.

Yes, they should. But governments never allow that, they want you to think you need their protection in every area. But at reality, governments only think of governments.
Cryptocurrencies has threatened fiat, and governments wouldnt let their fiat fall because of cryptocurrencies.

Actually it's not just the issue with fiats. the govt is trying to protect it's citizens from the numerous scam icos out there. it's akin to slapping a child's hand so he or she stops reaching into an open fire. when certain regulation is implemented around icos to dissuade scammers, a lot of govt restrictive laws will be lifted.
In the other hand everyone needs to learn at his own mistakes and this mistakes can't be avoided. If government still be trying to block ICO (like US) this will be pointless hustle because people always find new way to get in...

Yes every adult person should be allowed to make his/her own mistakes and should be allowed to invest in whatever he/she likes but sometimes a restriction could be helpful. But yeah, better than a complete ban of ICOs would be some regulations to stopp scammers from beeing succesful.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:20:32 PM

Blockchain 1.0 was Bitcoin, Blockchain 2.0 was smart contracts introduction, maybe Blockchain 3.0 will be machine learning and A.I. full integration?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
PS92

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:24:33 PM

Blockchain 1.0 was Bitcoin, Blockchain 2.0 was smart contracts introduction, maybe Blockchain 3.0 will be machine learning and A.I. full integration?

I think so, lots of new blockchains are working on connecting AI and machine learning to their product.

Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:37:21 PM

The laws right now forbid from US to participate, but the blame is not on the citizen but in the ICO for allowing participation, that is why every ICO can't accept US citizen, they MUST follow that law unless they want trouble, but US citizens are not forbidden to buy paypie tokens somewhere else, so if you used VPN to participate, nobody will know that you participated, and your transaction will never be traced, so you could easily say that you bought your tokens in an exchange, so should you participate in an ICO anyway, no, but nobody will know if you do.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:38:44 PM

I think so, lots of new blockchains are working on connecting AI and machine learning to their product.
PS92, well with time everything will improved, so I can assume progress will not stand in one place!
Accounting very important of any business so maybe it will happen like you say..
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:16:40 PM

The laws right now forbid from US to participate, but the blame is not on the citizen but in the ICO for allowing participation, that is why every ICO can't accept US citizen, they MUST follow that law unless they want trouble, but US citizens are not forbidden to buy paypie tokens somewhere else, so if you used VPN to participate, nobody will know that you participated, and your transaction will never be traced, so you could easily say that you bought your tokens in an exchange, so should you participate in an ICO anyway, no, but nobody will know if you do.
Yep, laws forbids us citizens to participate in ICO but still if someone wants to invest in Paypie they can do this unofficially. Blockchain can't be blocked
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:20:27 PM

PS92, well with time everything will improved, so I can assume progress will not stand in one place!
Accounting very important of any business so maybe it will happen like you say..

Replace all accountants with AI and machine learning Smiley Even so Paypie will have a place on the market then

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:24:02 PM

I've just seen a Charles Hoskinson conference at Nexus and now I have a dream, in 30-40 years PayPie doing credit scores based on cryptos because fiat is dead

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Elkmar

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:36:27 PM

I've just seen a Charles Hoskinson conference at Nexus and now I have a dream, in 30-40 years PayPie doing credit scores based on cryptos because fiat is dead

Well, when cryptocurrencies will be really popular there will be quite a clash between fiat and cryptocurrencies, I think it would be true chaos  Grin
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:44:50 PM

Yep, laws forbids us citizens to participate in ICO but still if someone wants to invest in Paypie they can do this unofficially. Blockchain can't be blocked

If you want to invest in something you take a risk, we all take this risk here, the law in US is ridiculous about ico and even if they want to "protect" you if you want to participate in it you can do it by using a vpn or wait the exchanges. A lot of US citizen continue to invest in ico.
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:45:57 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 10:21:41 PM by Korsakopf

Well, when cryptocurrencies will be really popular there will be quite a clash between fiat and cryptocurrencies, I think it would be true chaos  Grin

All we need is a good crisis for fiat and people will look for safer alternatives.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:46:31 PM

Replace all accountants with AI and machine learning Smiley Even so Paypie will have a place on the market then
Im sure it will happen in the future, but someone will have to program this in the first place and it might as well be PayPie.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:14:34 PM

In due time. Wink

People expect too much from AI and Machine Learning in such a short time period. The agents need to be trained specifically for accounting. That's going to take a few years. For now we are stuck with humans and human errors.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:20:24 PM

PayPie CMO, Yohan Varella, was interviewed by AccountingWEB, one of the major global accounting tech websites, about the impacts of A.I. on the accounting industry. The interview was held at the Accountex Conference, the biggest accounting tech event in the USA, and is just 2 minutes long. Check it out!

Well, it should bring some investors in !

Too bad the video does not have more views, what is the communication and marketing team doing ?  Grin
Hi Elkmar,Yes it has less views for now but as you can see this videos is available on AccountingWeb channel and not on Paypie youtube channel but I am sure more nad more people will find it  Wink

Elkmar

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:23:36 PM

Yes, try to spread the word about it on other social medias too  Smiley

Those kinds of things are what bring trust and investors to the project.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:30:31 PM

If you want to invest in something you take a risk, we all take this risk here, the law in US is ridiculous about ico and even if they want to "protect" you if you want to participate in it you can do it by using a vpn or wait the exchanges. A lot of US citizen continue to invest in ico.

Yes there will be the possibility to use an VPN to avoid these restriction. But an organizer of an ICO can't officialy recommend the usage of such a tool to participate. The lawful thing is to block some users from the ICO. Whether someone is in the end accepting this and buying the tokens after the ICO from an exchange or trying to bypass the restriction is not the responsibility of the organizer anymore.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: