Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PayPie - Blockchain-Powered Risk Assessment  (Read 109504 times)
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:53:22 PM

I hope the team will make an announcement about the recommended gas limit and gas price regarding the current situation on the Ethereum blockchain.
I think there will be a standard price and a gas limit like at all other ISO it's 50 gwei and gas limit 200000..
Paypie ICO could clog whole ETH blockchain, I'm not joking. If you want to be sure that your investment won't be delayed put 50 gwei and gas limit at 300,000  Cool

How many transactions are you predicting? Because there's already lots of them and it's not clogged. It would have to be insane amount, but then again they are probably happening within same minute

Haha, the ethereum blockchain will not be clogged just because of this ICO. Some ICO's had tremenduous amount of participants and did not clog the network.
I wouldn't be so sure about this my friend. There are many people who wants to invests in this ICO  Grin
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:28:32 PM

Unfortunately, American legislation currently hinders such participation, with statements by cryptomaniac holders. But on the other hand the visibility gained by Paypie will bring investors from all over the world

Surely it will bring investors around the world because PAYPIE is doing a good job in its marketing campaign which results to its community getting bigger by the day Smiley

It does seem like the team has done a good job on marketing this project. I'm always a little worried that investors from the US aren't allowed to participate, but maybe they'll use VPN to get around restrictions.

Did I miss some news? Yesterday's announcement said that US citizens are allowed to participate. Does s.th. changed?

No, us citizens are allowed to participate, the announcement still current.

But the person you have posted is too lazy to read posts. So he is not aware of it.

This will be great for the ICO to let US citizens invest in this ICO.
The more people can join this the better it will be for the presale and crowdsale.

Cant wait to see this project go!
Almost sunday Wink

Yes, great news that their legal team found no reason to block investors from the US and Canada. This will give the ICO a wider audience of potential supporters.
This my friend is excellent news! this means that this startup is making an honest attempt to conduct business legitly. The regulations within the U.S are plentiful, and as far as crypto tokens are concerned, there is a wide grey area that exists. It's like the wild west here sometimes. I think more startups should take this approach.

wonderfullife

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:43:14 PM

As Paypie solves the business accounting fraud problems, state should have no trouble adopting the blockchain principle.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:47:47 PM

I hope the team will make an announcement about the recommended gas limit and gas price regarding the current situation on the Ethereum blockchain.
I think there will be a standard price and a gas limit like at all other ISO it's 50 gwei and gas limit 200000..
Paypie ICO could clog whole ETH blockchain, I'm not joking. If you want to be sure that your investment won't be delayed put 50 gwei and gas limit at 300,000  Cool

How many transactions are you predicting? Because there's already lots of them and it's not clogged. It would have to be insane amount, but then again they are probably happening within same minute

Haha, the ethereum blockchain will not be clogged just because of this ICO. Some ICO's had tremenduous amount of participants and did not clog the network.
I wouldn't be so sure about this my friend. There are many people who wants to invests in this ICO  Grin

It's sure, but the craziness about ICOs is quite gone, more over there is the fork of November to take in to account, we far from ICOs like Bancor  Grin
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:06:27 PM

It's sure, but the craziness about ICOs is quite gone, more over there is the fork of November to take in to account, we far from ICOs like Bancor  Grin

It's not like that craziness is gone, Filecoin raised $200 million in like one hour Cheesy. The thing is, some countries are regulating or banning icos and it's not so easy to reach bancor, status, tezos, filecoin amounts anymore

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
sonulrk

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:15:01 PM

Okay so they have now announced presale on 8/10 good decision.I am sure will be sold out.Lets see if I can make it

Oh... I missed announse.
Any more details? Which bonuses, price, min contribution etc?

You can either go to page 157 or click this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2061671.3120  All the info is listed by the 2nd poster on that page

No whitelisting, no kyc/aml and US residents can participate? Well that is strange...

Actually, it's not strange. what you have is an ICO done right. No favors to rich, everyone can fairly acquire a piece of the pie. (pun intended) As for the US Citizens, everyone knows that if you don't offer a product that pays dividend and you not involved in anything shady, thus having a reason to hide, then there is no reason to exclude your ICO from united state citizens. so offering it to U.S citizens should be an extra  proof that you dealing with a reliable company that is willing to endure the scrutinizing from SEC and such.

Yeah but it clearly states - Our legal team is of the view that our tokens do not meet the definition of “securities” under Canadian law. So that is their (team) view, not SEC view. US law is not even mentioned... Don't get me wrong I like this project and I will try to contribute in their first presale but I think that they could have problems with SEC in the future. As far as I know dividends are just one thing that leads to product meeting securities definition, there are many other conditions... I will really check into this because I am currently working with ICO team and our legal department said that there is no way we can make ICO without KYC/AML registration... I will post their response.

Whatever you assume your coin is but SEC is against every ICO without giving them their share of power and money. They are independent to declare any thing security and/or commodity. So if this coin is going to be sell in USA it must have to be compliance with KYC/AML etc. else it may be a problem for the developers and team in future.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:17:19 PM

PayPie will accept contributions from residents of most countries, including USA and Canada. Our legal team is of the view that our tokens do not meet the definition of “securities” under Canadian law. Our ongoing discussions with Canadian regulators have been very positive and we will continue to work with the regulators leading up to the token crowdsale and on an ongoing basis.

How can Canadian lawyers and regulators give any legal advice, let alone legal permission, regarding law outside their jurisdiction, in this case the USA? Even the SEC itself doesn't completely know what to do with ICOs.

https://www.coindesk.com/every-token-snowflake-secs-ico-guidance-isnt-enough/
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:17:44 PM

As Paypie solves the business accounting fraud problems, state should have no trouble adopting the blockchain principle.
I think you are right in terms of legislation - the project is useful and has a good purpose.
Accounting system requires improvement, and PAYPIE this can give
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:17:58 PM

You are right, why forbid something that will be useful to you at the long run. A lot of projects like PayPie, will give a lot back to the community and with so many good ideas, the positive results will beat the negative ones.

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:24:10 PM

Okay so they have now announced presale on 8/10 good decision.I am sure will be sold out.Lets see if I can make it

Oh... I missed announse.

You can either go to page 157 or click this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2061671.3120  All the info is listed by the 2nd poster on that page

No whitelisting, no kyc/aml and US residents can participate? Well that is strange...

Actually, it's not strange. what you have is an ICO done right. No favors to rich, everyone can fairly acquire a piece of the pie. (pun intended) As for the US Citizens, everyone knows that if you don't offer a product that pays dividend and you not involved in anything shady, thus having a reason to hide, then there is no reason to exclude your ICO from united state citizens. so offering it to U.S citizens should be an extra  proof that you dealing with a reliable company that is willing to endure the scrutinizing from SEC and such.

Just came to here looking for a reason why the citizens of united states are allowed. Your explanation makes most sense so far so thanks for your input!

So it will be on sunday like I speculated Grin. Yeah I agree with that guy and maybe the announcement came so later because they discussed with SEC which willenable US citizens to partecipate in this ICO. This happened rarely recently
I think many US citizens are not into the ICO business because hardly any ICO is allowed in the US. I think many people should do the extra work to allow people from US.
As far as I know there are no ICO that are allowed in US. Anyway if someone wants to invest they can do this by using some kind of VPN or other clever ways Cool

Sorry, but you are wrong. There is no law saying that ICO can not be held or made available to U.S citizens. Rather, the law states that if you dealing in securities then it has to pass approval by the SEC. Also, there is no law that requires companies to blacklist U.S citizens. Most do it to prevent the headache that comes from been scrutinized and also to avoid a possible law suit. For a company to open themselves to such says a lot about the team.
Does this mean that we investors will register with our name, country... if we participate in the ICO?

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:47:22 PM

PayPie will accept contributions from residents of most countries, including USA and Canada. Our legal team is of the view that our tokens do not meet the definition of “securities” under Canadian law. Our ongoing discussions with Canadian regulators have been very positive and we will continue to work with the regulators leading up to the token crowdsale and on an ongoing basis.

How can Canadian lawyers and regulators give any legal advice, let alone legal permission, regarding law outside their jurisdiction, in this case the USA? Even the SEC itself doesn't completely know what to do with ICOs.

Who said that their legal team consists only of Canadian lawyers? I am sure they also have an expert for the US laws in their team and that they have some valid reasons to allow US-americans to participate in the ICO.
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:02:41 PM

Oh... I missed announse.

Just came to here looking for a reason why the citizens of united states are allowed. Your explanation makes most sense so far so thanks for your input!

So it will be on sunday like I speculated Grin. Yeah I agree with that guy and maybe the announcement came so later because they discussed with SEC which willenable US citizens to partecipate in this ICO. This happened rarely recently
I think many US citizens are not into the ICO business because hardly any ICO is allowed in the US. I think many people should do the extra work to allow people from US.
As far as I know there are no ICO that are allowed in US. Anyway if someone wants to invest they can do this by using some kind of VPN or other clever ways Cool

Sorry, but you are wrong. There is no law saying that ICO can not be held or made available to U.S citizens. Rather, the law states that if you dealing in securities then it has to pass approval by the SEC. Also, there is no law that requires companies to blacklist U.S citizens. Most do it to prevent the headache that comes from been scrutinized and also to avoid a possible law suit. For a company to open themselves to such says a lot about the team.
Does this mean that we investors will register with our name, country... if we participate in the ICO?

As far as I understand US is allowed to invest and no KYC/AML process so that implies that you dont have to state name and country.
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:09:26 PM

You are right, why forbid something that will be useful to you at the long run. A lot of projects like PayPie, will give a lot back to the community and with so many good ideas, the positive results will beat the negative ones.

There are many variables that must be considered before something can be applied, especially when dealing with the state. Pull and stretch  the importance will be more dominant. Indeed Paypie gives a lot of idea on how to solve nowadays problems. Wish it will be accepted world wide!
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:27:42 PM

Who said that their legal team consists only of Canadian lawyers? I am sure they also have an expert for the US laws in their team and that they have some valid reasons to allow US-americans to participate in the ICO.

They got some great advisors in there team. Look at:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jackshawtechnology/

Blockchain Executive; American Blockchain Council; Global Blockchain Council, Breakthrough Business Technologies

I'm sure that guy has a lot of connections. Maybe he knows people in the SEC who helped PayPie.
This would be really great if US citizen could join this ICO.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:53:16 PM

There are many variables that must be considered before something can be applied, especially when dealing with the state. Pull and stretch  the importance will be more dominant. Indeed Paypie gives a lot of idea on how to solve nowadays problems. Wish it will be accepted world wide!

the reason why many projects are turning to the crypto space is because of decentralization and the fact the governments can't control things as easily.

Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:25:28 PM

They got some great advisors in there team. Look at:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jackshawtechnology/

Blockchain Executive; American Blockchain Council; Global Blockchain Council, Breakthrough Business Technologies

I'm sure that guy has a lot of connections. Maybe he knows people in the SEC who helped PayPie.
This would be really great if US citizen could join this ICO.

Don't get me wrong, it would be absolutely huge if PayPie manages to be one of the few ICOs allowed by SEC. But I want to see a confirmation instead of speculation based on their team members' credentials.

The lines "our tokens do not meet the definition of “securities” under Canadian law. Our ongoing discussions with Canadian regulators" does not mention American law at all; that is the reason for my apprehension.
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:40:39 PM

from new newsletter "PayPie to Be Integrated into Jaxx multi-token wallet! PayPie and Decentral have just issued a joint press release officially announcing that Anthony Di Iorio has joined the PayPie team and that PayPie will be integrated into Jaxx! That’s thrilling news!"  Nice job!

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:45:50 PM

I don't like Jaxx, some time ago someone discovered a vulnerability that let anyone extract the 12 words passaphrase from any wallet https://www.reddit.com/r/jaxx/comments/6gfl4d/easy_extraction_of_the_jaxx_12word_wallet_backup/. Don't know if they solved this issue or not.
Btw, this means that PayPie will be added to shpeshift as well in the future?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:56:10 PM

Hello Everyone!

Here’s a fresh from the oven scoop for you – PayPie to Be Integrated into Jaxx multi-token wallet! PayPie and Decentral have just issued a joint press release officially announcing that Anthony Di Iorio has joined the PayPie team and that PayPie will be integrated into Jaxx! That’s thrilling news! Check it out:

"Anthony Di Iorio Joins PayPie Team; PayPie to Be Integrated into Jaxx

6th October 2017 – Decentral Community Space – TORONTO – Decentral Inc, home of the Jaxx Blockchain Interface and the Decentral Community announced today that Anthony Di Iorio, Founder of Decentral and CEO of Jaxx, and Co-Founder of the Ethereum platform, is joining PayPie as both an advisor and as a prominent supporter.

Anthony and the Decentral team are eager to support projects with experienced entrepreneurs delivering blockchain innovation, like  PayPie. Anthony said that “by introducing the world’s first Ethereum-powered credit risk assessment based on decentralized accounting, PayPie hopes to bring ultimate trust and transparency to the financial market. I’m a believer in the power of decentralized technologies like PayPie to add huge value to existing auditing markets and practices. Supporting PayPie’s team in a key advisory role and by integrating the PayPie token into Jaxx are the ways I’m most eager to pitch in.”

The PayPie decentralized, blockchain-based platform was built to make the financial information on businesses more accurate and transparent, allowing a better picture of a company’s financial health for credit risk assessment. Anthony continued, “PayPie leverages blockchain to enable live financial audits, speed up credit approvals, and improve the overall credit scoring processes for businesses. It’s a huge improvement in efficiency for lenders, auditors, accountants, and other financial institutions.”

“Often a company’s financial situation is inaccurate, due to a lack of information and the fact that this information is usually outdated”, said PayPie CEO, serial entrepreneur, and member of the Forbes Technology Council, Nick Chandi. “By harnessing technology – blockchain in particular – we can avoid these issues and make the system fairer both for the businesses themselves, as well as those who wish to access the financial information. Anthony’s participation as a key strategic advisor and the integration of our token into the Jaxx platform are great accelerator to our future.”

Link to Decentral’s press release (also available on their homepage):
http://decentral.ca/anthony-di-iorio-joins-paypie-team-paypie-integrated-jaxx/

Link to PayPie’s press release:
http://blog.paypie.com/uncategorized/anthony-di-iorio-joins-paypie-team-paypie-to-be-integrated-into-jaxx/

That's some thrilling news!

Regarding the pre-sale, we're sharing further info today! Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Yohan Varella
CMO

matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:04:22 PM

Huge benefits of having the co founder of ETH are already showing for this project according to that announcement. Thanks for sharing all the recent news and i think the Jaxx integration is a huge step forward. Waiting to here the news about the pre sale today.

Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: