Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:23:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CND] Cindicator - Hybrid Intelligence for Financial Markets - September 12  (Read 137106 times)
reidpeter

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:16:31 PM

Really like the project and the detailed whitepaper. I must admit i'm not a fan of the token buyback model. I'm a dividends man through and through. I will most likely sit this one out, unless there is a change in reward consensus.

This is not a question per-say but rather a comment in respect of member (jorgophotography) posted on August 7, 2017.  Hi Jorgo  Smiley

Jorgophotography said in part, “…I must admit i'm [sic] not a fan of the token buyback model. I'm a dividends man through and through.

COMMENT: The model of buyback generally can be hugely beneficial especially if this strategy is executed at times beneficial to the buyer, in this case Cindicator. Buyback seems to me to be articulated confidence by the Management Team in there service offering and there plan to execute their strategic objectives. It also offers some control over liquidity of the Asset Back Instrument.

I believe if you believe in (i) the value proposition of a platform and the role the platform promises to play in the large ecosystem, and (ii) the strategy of the platform to identify, recognise and realise value, and (iii) you believe in the skills and expertise of the Team of people that are changed with the execution of the strategy, then whether the reward is paid in digital currency, via buy back, or USD via dividend, should be a non-issue for the owners of the enterprise.

Am I missing something here? 
tazmantasik

Activity: 1113
Merit: 507

Don't Get Involved

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:42:25 PM

nice logo, I like it,  hopefully, your project success as expected  Smiley

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
reidpeter

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:53:05 PM

Sounds great. A promising direction. A large share of the market falls on financial markets. Good luck in implementing the plan.
What are your plans for working with MOEX?

I'd like also share the public results of our 1st pilot with MOEX https://medium.com/@Cindicator/group-intelligence-shows-47-p-a-return-367b86603278

After reading the earlier Medium post titled: Group intelligence shows 47% p.a. return

The article said in part,
During the competition, the robot modeled 27 trades based on forecasts of participants, 17 of them being profitable. This resulted in a 2.8% increase in the model portfolio in currency (47% p.a.) during the experiment.
The most accurate forecasts were made by an investor with 10-year experience, [sic].
Interestingly, the winner’s result would have been +1.48% (25% p.a.), which is almost half less than the return provided by hybrid intelligence.”

I have read that Cindicator’s principle business is in and around the offering of hybrid intelligence for the investment, banking and finance sectors and not around the trade of investments, asset backed instruments etc.
Is there a strong argument for vertically integrating a group of standard products as a ‘white label’ product (ie forecasting for USD/RUB exchange rate, Brent oil, gold and silver) and offering a packaged up instrument (white label) rather than just access to a group of API’s?

Perhaps this is the Cindicator strategy? Are you able to offer some insight into the strategy of value adding to what appears, prima facie, to be valuable predictive information services?  There seems to be a natural bridge to value adding service here? 

Does regulatory caution play a part in your early strategy?  Smiley
Kate_CND

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:50:32 PM

I have a question about your app: at what time you add new questions regarding max and min price and what time the deadline is (for them)?

Hello! We upload our questions after the market close. e.g., US stock markets (NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX) open at 9:30 AM and close at 4 PM ET. We usually upload our questions between 4:30 and 6 PM ET.

When it comes to the weekly questions or crypto questions they usually posted on Friday-Saturday and can be posted at any time, but you still have at least 12 hours to make your prediction.

Kate_CND

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:52:07 PM

Hi Kate,

In respect of your Cindicator Hybrid Intelligence for Financial Markets and this thread you say in part,
"Our robot modeled 27 trades based on forecasts of participants, 17 of them being profitable. This resulted in a 2.8% increase in the model portfolio in currency (47% p.a.) during the experiment (this is a great result for traditional markets)."

QUESTION: This was a double blinded experiment with a 2.8% increase in performance of the hybrid intelligence AI over the standard market performance? 

QUESTION: Are you saying, the initial small experiment gave you reason for optimism for a causal relationship to exit between the hybrid intelligence model verses non-enhanced market performance?
Just want to understand, a little better, the limitation of the initial results, not to negate the small but positive result but to proposition that perhaps far better results can be expected going forward?   

Perhaps this potential upside is missed by most of us?

Hello!

1. No, we didn't compare our result with the market performance during that period. We traded futures, though (brent oil, gold, silver and USD/RUB)

2.  That wasn't only one "small experiment" that gave us reason for optimism. We paid attention to it because it was a public experiment (we posted all the entry and exit signals before the market open in the public telegram chat).
Also, in January 2017, an API for trading signals was launched, enabling the launch of test integrations with 11 hedge funds and three banks in the following four months.

Hope I answered your questions. If not - please, let me know. Thank you! 

Kate_CND

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:28:35 PM

Really like the project and the detailed whitepaper. I must admit i'm not a fan of the token buyback model. I'm a dividends man through and through. I will most likely sit this one out, unless there is a change in reward consensus.

This is not a question per-say but rather a comment in respect of member (jorgophotography) posted on August 7, 2017.  Hi Jorgo  Smiley

Jorgophotography said in part, “…I must admit i'm [sic] not a fan of the token buyback model. I'm a dividends man through and through.

COMMENT: The model of buyback generally can be hugely beneficial especially if this strategy is executed at times beneficial to the buyer, in this case Cindicator. Buyback seems to me to be articulated confidence by the Management Team in there service offering and there plan to execute their strategic objectives. It also offers some control over liquidity of the Asset Back Instrument.

I believe if you believe in (i) the value proposition of a platform and the role the platform promises to play in the large ecosystem, and (ii) the strategy of the platform to identify, recognise and realise value, and (iii) you believe in the skills and expertise of the Team of people that are changed with the execution of the strategy, then whether the reward is paid in digital currency, via buy back, or USD via dividend, should be a non-issue for the owners of the enterprise.

Am I missing something here? 

Yes, I agree with you. Buying tokens is the same as buying stocks of the company that doesn't pay dividends yet but has a huge growth potential. 

target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:13:12 AM

Not the best copied idea actually and different people too. Sasha of waves platform is involved I see which makes this project interesting however. If for instance this will be funded well, you guys should be holding it for long term.
MissHope

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:50:06 AM

I have a question about your app: at what time you add new questions regarding max and min price and what time the deadline is (for them)?

Hello! We upload our questions after the market close. e.g., US stock markets (NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX) open at 9:30 AM and close at 4 PM ET. We usually upload our questions between 4:30 and 6 PM ET.

When it comes to the weekly questions or crypto questions they usually posted on Friday-Saturday and can be posted at any time, but you still have at least 12 hours to make your prediction.

I also see daily EUR/USD question in the past feed but have never seen it in the future feed. When do you add it and what time is the deadline?
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:11:45 AM

Nice and promising project!
Looks better then other financial project.. We will see  Smiley

No Signature right now...
Kate_CND

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:05:04 AM

I also see daily EUR/USD question in the past feed but have never seen it in the future feed. When do you add it and what time is the deadline?

We add them at about 4-6 PM ET as well, however, they closed for making prediction at 2 AM ET  Smiley

hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:25:18 AM

They designed the site very beautiful and attractive when looking at it. I think this project will be of interest to all ICO investors, as this project also develops their own app highlighting the project.
Kate_CND

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:34:31 AM

They designed the site very beautiful and attractive when looking at it. I think this project will be of interest to all ICO investors, as this project also develops their own app highlighting the project.

Thank you!

inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 08:50:15 AM

I have downloaded the application and am having a look at the options, I’m excitedly working out my forecast for the Crypto challenge! Now is there the ability to create your own scenario for others to have a punt at?

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
reidpeter

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:52:45 AM

Hi Support - Looking at the Android Cindicator app - wondering how the content is updated so often during a 24 hour period?  The content is updated by the app checking the version number against the current live version number and if a new number exists going to a DB or web backend to download the new content into frames within the mobile app?
Kate_CND

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:17:03 AM

I have downloaded the application and am having a look at the options, I’m excitedly working out my forecast for the Crypto challenge! Now is there the ability to create your own scenario for others to have a punt at?

Hello! Thank you Smiley Do you mean whether it's possible to create your own questions in the app?

reidpeter

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:17:14 AM

Hi Support - Looking at the Android Cindicator app - wondering how the content is updated so often during a 24 hour period?  The content is updated by the app checking the version number against the current live version number and if a new number exists going to a DB or web backend to download the new content into frames within the mobile app?

Something to think about: Why not evangelize the creation of cindicator quizz questions and give the mobile app community the ability to add content (quizz questions) into the app for verification and validation by the cindicator team before rejecting or posting live.  The community has many different skill sets which may be relevant to the cindicator business for addition to the cindicator predictive model input?  You will build a relevant "Bank of Quizz Questions" from a range of different community groups, some will be relevant and some will be rubbish, but you have free content - :-)  
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 09:42:36 AM

Hello! Thank you Smiley Do you mean whether it's possible to create your own questions in the app?
Yes, I was thinking as a crypto trader studying the market you might have your strong views of where for example DOGE coin is to the moon this month, or when Vitalik Buterin releases his latest project Plasma as a ICO what will be the rate of volatility the first day. It would be great way as a trader to test your ideas, get a consensus. It is going to be possible at some stage?  Smiley

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
Kate_CND

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Hi! The content you mean questions? If so they are updated automatically a few times/day - you just need to refresh your future feed in the app.

cryptokenya

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:25:30 AM

Hi admin, question regarding app: is it possible to receive ETH for crypto challenge or BTC only?
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:30:56 AM

The project looks good and continues to focus on

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: