Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2024, 05:58:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DBL] Doubloons: Pirate Currency  (Read 139869 times)
zokos

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 06:19:03 PM

Is there any working pool Huh
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:24:47 PM

a complete working conf file in the first post would be nice, i start with some connections then after a few blocks of syncing they die off

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
captainfuture

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:27:17 PM

me too.
0 connections now
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

I added this to doubloons.conf to only trust andarazoroflove.org:
Code:
addnode=andarazoroflove.org
maxconnections=1

All was fine up to the block at height 44535:
Code:
received block a5ca111fcd65048e50f4
SetBestChain: new best=a5ca111fcd65048e50f4  height=44535  work=29114622999840  date=07/09/13 07:57:31
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

After which:
Code:
received block 661ded4048ef9d38abcf
disconnecting node 69.85.86.195:1336
Disconnected 69.85.86.195:1336 for misbehavior (score=100)
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-work
captainfuture

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:36:33 PM

whats this 1336 ?

in the OP its saying 1337...

or doesnt matter?

is the coin dead or attacked?
bitme

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:54:04 PM

addnode=54.214.242.109

NXT makes the Difference
My nxtforum account : bitme
The_Catman

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 06:54:56 PM

whats this 1336 ?

or doesnt matter?

RPC (the way you connect to the client for mining and such) is 1337, P2P (the way the client communicates with other clients) is 1336.

Code:
maxconnections=1

If you want to only connect to andarazoroflove.org, use connect, not addnode.

a complete working conf file in the first post would be nice, i start with some connections then after a few blocks of syncing they die off

Code:
#==================#
# Network Settings #
#==================#

## Run on test network instead of real network.
testnet=0

## Accept incoming connections
listen=1

## Enable UPnP negotiation with router/firewall to accept incoming connections
upnp=1

## Port to listen for P2P connections on.
port=1336

## List of peers to connect to as public nodes.
addnode=altcha.in
addnode=doubloons.net

#===================#
# JSON-RPC settings #
#===================#

## Accept incoming RPC connections
server=1

## Username and Password for HTTP BASIC authentication.
rpcuser=Jack
rpcpassword=fnord

## Listen for RPC connections on this TCP port.
rpcport=1337

## List of IPs allowed to connect through RPC.
#rpcallowip=10.1.*.*
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

shakezula (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:58:32 PM

It wasnt attacked. I aplogize if I sound curt, but Im getting to the end of wits with these coins. I am however, not bitter and offer this as a warning to all "devs" as this WILL happen t your coins eventually too. Much as I am the one who told you all how to make these, I am now getting to be the one to show you all how they fail.

Cycle goes something like this:

DBL designed as a clone of LTC/SMC and has a 4x max diff adjustment.
Mining is fine as long as people are aware of what they are mining and not raping it with uber megahashes because its not on an exchange.
Cryptsy lists it against LTC for trade.
Coinchoose lists it at 600% profitability against LTC.
Miners galore come out not in support of DBL but to turn a quick profit.
Diff adjusts upward, way upward.
Coinchoose lists it at 20% profitability.
Miners all leave to mine other things, who in their right mind would mine something barely worth anything?
Pools die due to lack of mining, no one mentions it because they've all moved to coin of the day/week
A very few of us keep mining solo even though its now taking 2 to 3 hours between blocks, because we want the coin to live and besides, people now have money tied up in it, right?
During the 3 weeks it takes to mine enough to get the diff back down, client is updated, not forked, just checkpoints and such, that shouldnt hurt right?
Diff adjusts down, a little and then a lot.
Coinchoose lists it at 5000% profit, the diff actually DID go down to .002 because of one or two miners who never stopped mining.
Suddenly everyone loves DBL again, who ever would pass up 5000% profit, fuck it right?
Not enough updated clients on the network
Sudden exponential jump in hash rate
Chain forks
Bad nodes
Cant synch, though strangely some do synch, bad nodes.
Coin is pulled from Cryptsy
Immediate HEY SHAKEZULA! YOU GOTTA FIX THIS NOW! ITS ATTACKED ZOMGROFLPOP

Funny, you didnt care to keep DBL running with stable hashrates then, so why do you care now? oh right, 5000% profit based on 10 LTC of volume for a coin that was seriously only meant to be FUN in the first place. Im not a marketing guy, I dont have the zacho bullshititis that I can lie to you all and say "services are in the works and omg wait until you see brah what i bro got for you brosefski." I do this for my enjoyment, I made this coin for fun and wish (with tears in my eyes) it could have worked out.

Alas, as went other coins before it, it appears this is the end of DBL and as such, my efforts in making and sharing this information anymore. If you had deals with me for coins, you will be getting a refund. Sorry to everyone for letting you all down.

FWIW, the seednode at andarazoroflove.org is still good and valid, as is the block explorer. Once the bad nodes are blocked or gone, the network should take care of itself. Catman mentioned above an easy way to synch the right chain if anyone cares. I will not take it down, and plan to continue running it.
bitme

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:08:18 PM

well coin was paused on crypsy only and as there is no attact i could have been back but now ater this epic story. Who knows. But I appriciate yor work done and wish luck with some other project. Respect

NXT makes the Difference
My nxtforum account : bitme
Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:12:18 PM

whats this 1336 ?

or doesnt matter?

RPC (the way you connect to the client for mining and such) is 1337, P2P (the way the client communicates with other clients) is 1336.

Code:
maxconnections=1

If you want to only connect to andarazoroflove.org, use connect, not addnode.

Code:
#==================#
# Network Settings #
#==================#

## Run on test network instead of real network.
testnet=0

## Accept incoming connections
listen=1

## Enable UPnP negotiation with router/firewall to accept incoming connections
upnp=1

## Port to listen for P2P connections on.
port=1336

## List of peers to connect to as public nodes.
addnode=altcha.in
addnode=doubloons.net

#===================#
# JSON-RPC settings #
#===================#

## Accept incoming RPC connections
server=1

## Username and Password for HTTP BASIC authentication.
rpcuser=Jack
rpcpassword=fnord

## Listen for RPC connections on this TCP port.
rpcport=1337

## List of IPs allowed to connect through RPC.
#rpcallowip=10.1.*.*
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
thanks Smiley

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
shakezula (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:20:10 PM

well coin was paused on crypsy only and as there is no attact i could have been back but now ater this epic story. Who knows. But I appriciate yor work done and wish luck with some other project. Respect

I know I am somewhat melodramatic, but appreciate your sentiments. DBL wasnt the first to die and it wont be the last. Luckily issues like this are what spur development to mitigate them in the future, take a look at BOT/CAP, CGB, or TradeCoin for examples that work.

Im sorry to sound bitchy but I am deflated, its been a long month for me and its only the 9th.
captainfuture

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:24:07 PM

pirates dont give up  Wink
diatonic

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:27:47 PM

I was mining on the newer checkpointed client for days, and also put it on my explorer at http://altcha.in. I didn't put it at explorer.doubloons.net and now those have different chains. I copied the newer client over to explorer.doubloons.net but not sure how to resolve the discrepancy going forward. Maybe I'll pull the longer chain in to my other clients and try to get re-synced.

I was also out of town and missed the shenannigans.

#bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=diatonic | Tips: 1DiATonicgGnUcsH6NpSuCEDwRRW3wecgs
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:53:25 PM

It wasnt attacked. I aplogize if I sound curt, but Im getting to the end of wits with these coins. I am however, not bitter and offer this as a warning to all "devs" as this WILL happen t your coins eventually too. Much as I am the one who told you all how to make these, I am now getting to be the one to show you all how they fail.

Cycle goes something like this:

DBL designed as a clone of LTC/SMC and has a 4x max diff adjustment.
Mining is fine as long as people are aware of what they are mining and not raping it with uber megahashes because its not on an exchange.
Cryptsy lists it against LTC for trade.
Coinchoose lists it at 600% profitability against LTC.
Miners galore come out not in support of DBL but to turn a quick profit.
Diff adjusts upward, way upward.
Coinchoose lists it at 20% profitability.
Miners all leave to mine other things, who in their right mind would mine something barely worth anything?
Pools die due to lack of mining, no one mentions it because they've all moved to coin of the day/week
A very few of us keep mining solo even though its now taking 2 to 3 hours between blocks, because we want the coin to live and besides, people now have money tied up in it, right?
During the 3 weeks it takes to mine enough to get the diff back down, client is updated, not forked, just checkpoints and such, that shouldnt hurt right?
Diff adjusts down, a little and then a lot.
Coinchoose lists it at 5000% profit, the diff actually DID go down to .002 because of one or two miners who never stopped mining.
Suddenly everyone loves DBL again, who ever would pass up 5000% profit, fuck it right?
Not enough updated clients on the network
Sudden exponential jump in hash rate
Chain forks
Bad nodes
Cant synch, though strangely some do synch, bad nodes.
Coin is pulled from Cryptsy
Immediate HEY SHAKEZULA! YOU GOTTA FIX THIS NOW! ITS ATTACKED ZOMGROFLPOP

Funny, you didnt care to keep DBL running with stable hashrates then, so why do you care now? oh right, 5000% profit based on 10 LTC of volume for a coin that was seriously only meant to be FUN in the first place. Im not a marketing guy, I dont have the zacho bullshititis that I can lie to you all and say "services are in the works and omg wait until you see brah what i bro got for you brosefski." I do this for my enjoyment, I made this coin for fun and wish (with tears in my eyes) it could have worked out.

Alas, as went other coins before it, it appears this is the end of DBL and as such, my efforts in making and sharing this information anymore. If you had deals with me for coins, you will be getting a refund. Sorry to everyone for letting you all down.

FWIW, the seednode at andarazoroflove.org is still good and valid, as is the block explorer. Once the bad nodes are blocked or gone, the network should take care of itself. Catman mentioned above an easy way to synch the right chain if anyone cares. I will not take it down, and plan to continue running it.

Sorry, shakezula.  As I mentioned in my PM - if there are suggestions for changes to CC that would have avoided this, please let me know.  I know 10 - 20 LTC doesn't sound like much on depth, but given the exchange rate + the block reward, this was over a thousand DBL blocks.  That looks pretty deep to me.
shakezula (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:56:00 PM

Sorry, shakezula.  As I mentioned in my PM - if there are suggestions for changes to CC that would have avoided this, please let me know.  I know 10 - 20 LTC doesn't sound like much on depth, but given the exchange rate + the block reward, this was over a thousand DBL blocks.  That looks pretty deep to me.

Not your fault at all mate. Your site is a service to the community and I appreciate your help. We're seeing what we can do, it looks like we've found the fork at least, perhaps I'm too emotional but a glut of PMs makes my head spin. Back on track we'll see what can be done.
Petr1fied

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:16:00 PM

Glad to hear you've not abandoned the ship yet shakezula. I'm sure the community would agree on a rollback to a specific block that was prior to the fork rather than have the coin be permanently dead.

If you did this it would create a hard fork anyway so it would make sense to make the difficulty retargets faster (maybe 60 blocks apart) to make it more resistant to flash miners going forward.

You could even use a brand new IRC channel to make sure none of the older clients mix with a new version.

Arrrr! What say ye? Will ye continue to captain this ship and merely point it to calmer seas?
captainfuture

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:19:22 PM

i love this pirate stuff  Cool

so work on retarget and % of difficulty highs/lows and the ship will never sink.
shakezula (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:19:55 PM

Glad to hear you've not abandoned the ship yet shakezula. I'm sure the community would agree on a rollback to a specific block that was prior to the fork rather than have the coin be permanently dead.

If you did this it would create a hard fork anyway so it would make sense to make the difficulty retargets faster (maybe 60 blocks apart) to make it more resistant to flash miners going forward.

You could even use a brand new IRC channel to make sure none of the older clients mix with a new version.

Arrrr! What say ye? Will ye continue to captain this ship and merely point it to calmer seas?

Yea, we're trying that now actually. Sorry for being such a ninny earlier, here's hoping it works!
Petr1fied

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:27:09 PM

Yea, we're trying that now actually. Sorry for being such a ninny earlier, here's hoping it works!

Arrrr! I be understanding fully Captain. Pirates be getting emotional in a storm at sea.  Grin
captainfuture

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:31:12 PM

who called me ?  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: