Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:15:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins  (Read 25856 times)
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:49:25 PM

If it were so bad there would not be so much trading volume on the market. But I also think holding is better.
Also, statistically, holders have much better results than most traders in terms of earnings, as long as they are holding the right assets.
Actually the crypto market still very potential and easy earning profit if you can spend your money buy Bitcoin and long term it, or choose an altcoin for have profit better Bitcoin if you know. The price of cryptocurrency in future can growth more but we need Bitcoin create this trend first.
And I must say I got some real experienced man. I would say that if somebody wants to quit trading then it is up to that person and it tells us that that person is not hard working. Market always has ups and downs and for real trading we must how to go through them. Bitcoin already has proven that it is better than all other currencies. But holding is also not a bad thing if we think about it as it also gives huge benefits.
Yes and for me I have nothing to say about bitcoin proves everything that he is the number coin of all we can't say that it will die soon but never be happen so for me trading much better and holding give this only a specific time but don't hold too long.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:21:34 AM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

Hey man, which country are you at? I don't think there is anywhere much shittier than where I am right now. But anyway, If you are a newbie you should really avoid trading bitcoins or altcoins... 1.8k USD is a lot, you could have been rich now if you have bought BTC before the fork and then converted all your assets into Bitcoin Cash yesterday before it was pumped.

For people like us, we should really stick to that "buy and HODL" system, specially if you have a day job and you cannot afford to be a fulltime trader.

By the way, amigo... try lending your bitcoins in poloniex or bitfinex. A profit of 0.02% every 2 days is not too bad at all. Cheers!
MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:56:30 PM

If it were so bad there would not be so much trading volume on the market. But I also think holding is better.
Also, statistically, holders have much better results than most traders in terms of earnings, as long as they are holding the right assets.
Actually the crypto market still very potential and easy earning profit if you can spend your money buy Bitcoin and long term it, or choose an altcoin for have profit better Bitcoin if you know. The price of cryptocurrency in future can growth more but we need Bitcoin create this trend first.
And I must say I got some real experienced man. I would say that if somebody wants to quit trading then it is up to that person and it tells us that that person is not hard working. Market always has ups and downs and for real trading we must how to go through them. Bitcoin already has proven that it is better than all other currencies. But holding is also not a bad thing if we think about it as it also gives huge benefits.
Yes and for me I have nothing to say about bitcoin proves everything that he is the number coin of all we can't say that it will die soon but never be happen so for me trading much better and holding give this only a specific time but don't hold too long.
Here comes the thing that what actually you want to make? And there are two possibilities, either you would be aiming to get more money or you would be aiming to get more bitcoin. holding coin is lazy thing it will and trading is active. Both contains risk because if value falls in market then both things will be at loss but trading will be more in loss. The only difference is that trading gives you bitcoin and holding gives you money. So its up to you what do you want.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:11:12 AM

Here comes the thing that what actually you want to make? And there are two possibilities, either you would be aiming to get more money or you would be aiming to get more bitcoin. holding coin is lazy thing it will and trading is active. Both contains risk because if value falls in market then both things will be at loss but trading will be more in loss. The only difference is that trading gives you bitcoin and holding gives you money. So its up to you what do you want.

Im not sure how you see it dude. Bitcoin is money. Both holding and daytrading can give you profit. Holding isn't lazy, its for people who feel safer leaving their coins in their wallets because active trading may make them lose money. There's nothing wrong with both it just depends on the person's preference and capacity to handle the market movements

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:24:23 AM

If you buy such pump and dump shitcoins,then you would have to face such losses.Thats why it is always adviced to do  a research and find the best coins to be invested.Don't ever invest in altcoin on just seeing its price increasing rapidly.Most newbies do this same mistake and then they just quit trading and they feel comfort in just hlding their bitcoins.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xwshamim

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

https://t.me/xwshamim

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 04:34:00 AM

yeah you are right for becoming a good trader you need practice and analysis of at least 3-4 years then you  can call your self a good trader.
its not very easy to earn money with trading . if you don't know anything about the market you can also lose your money in one day so start with a small amount which you can afford to loose. think twice before doing anything   .thats my advice to all the beginners
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:54:34 AM

yeah you are right for becoming a good trader you need practice and analysis of at least 3-4 years then you  can call your self a good trader.
its not very easy to earn money with trading . if you don't know anything about the market you can also lose your money in one day so start with a small amount which you can afford to loose. think twice before doing anything   .thats my advice to all the beginners

I think a year of experience would already make you a good trader. If you're consistently trading and observing what happening during ghat one year, you pretty much will be able to read how most coins move and formulate a strategy on what, when and how much you're going to trade

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

That's the best thing to do if you don't want to lose anything or take a risk. It's just the disadvantage of it is you will lose the profit in short term trading but the advantage of it is you won't lose any single of your coin by just waiting for a price rise.
eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 02:15:19 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!
im too, until now still hold shit coin NXT why this price is too low, i buy in rate 3,9 but 1 weeks laters the price down to 2,5 this is shit think of me.

Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:43:47 PM

All of us passed through being new. And since you are a novice he or she is likely to experience gives you a lesson? I am right, right ?
Learn from your mistake and that will make you prosperous for the next time you experience that you know what to do because you've done that mistake, now I did not really do it and it's repeated again we can not do it that you do not really teach yourself
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:45:47 PM

Cheers!
im too, until now still hold shit coin NXT why this price is too low, i buy in rate 3,9 but 1 weeks laters the price down to 2,5 this is shit think of me.
Maybe you bought your Next when it was pumping or in the mid of bitcoin rise, when bitcoin skyrocket altcoins price normally drop. So if you don't want to lose money then just hold your coin.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:48:00 PM

Cheers!
Maybe you bought your Next when it was pumping or in the mid of bitcoin rise, when bitcoin skyrocket altcoins price normally drop. So if you don't want to lose money then just hold your coin.
That's not true at all. because a lot of players got trapped in the high price or the manipulation by the whales. But i can say this will take a long time to go just to go out from the loss caused by the pump.
I meant half of the year should be the fastest time to get out from there.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:32:17 PM

Cheers!

Hey man, which country are you at? I don't think there is anywhere much shittier than where I am right now. But anyway, If you are a newbie you should really avoid trading bitcoins or altcoins... 1.8k USD is a lot, you could have been rich now if you have bought BTC before the fork and then converted all your assets into Bitcoin Cash yesterday before it was pumped.

For people like us, we should really stick to that "buy and HODL" system, specially if you have a day job and you cannot afford to be a fulltime trader.

By the way, amigo... try lending your bitcoins in poloniex or bitfinex. A profit of 0.02% every 2 days is not too bad at all. Cheers!
Yes, there is nothing to be worried about. It is not an end of trading. Even if you don’t have day job, still I will recommend holding bitcoins and trading with altcoins. I never prefer trading with bitcoins since they are very expensive and losing them by one wrong decision can out you into big problem.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:41:31 PM

Cheers!

Yes, there is nothing to be worried about. It is not an end of trading. Even if you don’t have day job, still I will recommend holding bitcoins and trading with altcoins. I never prefer trading with bitcoins since they are very expensive and losing them by one wrong decision can out you into big problem.
I agree on what you have said here on which trading on bitcoins is somehow expensive once you lost it , you would really have a hard time to recover later on unlike on trading altcoin which its price is somehow cheaper than bitcoin that you can able to manage even if you lose some parts of it. Hodling is good for bitcoin but for altcoins trading them actively would be just fine for me.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:38:08 PM

Cheers!

Right now I'm doing very little trading because the price of Bitcoin has gone so high and it's hard to find a trading range. The price has made huge gains lately and I think the price needs to stabilize before we can do short term trading again.

Now I do mostly longer term trades or just hold for long term or until we see more of a drop in price. After a correction, I think there will be more fluctuation in price.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:50:55 PM

Cheers!

Right now I'm doing very little trading because the price of Bitcoin has gone so high and it's hard to find a trading range. The price has made huge gains lately and I think the price needs to stabilize before we can do short term trading again.

Now I do mostly longer term trades or just hold for long term or until we see more of a drop in price. After a correction, I think there will be more fluctuation in price.
It seems to me that you do not need to waste time in vain. The fact is that if a person has such small incomes through trade, then he does not need to do this. It is better to try on the signature of the company and earn a lot more. And already sold those Talking, it will be possible in this way to work on the prospect of Bitcoin. And in general, crypto currency is a difficult job.
laxinternational

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:02:49 PM

Cheers!

It seems to me that you do not need to waste time in vain. The fact is that if a person has such small incomes through trade, then he does not need to do this. It is better to try on the signature of the company and earn a lot more. And already sold those Talking, it will be possible in this way to work on the prospect of Bitcoin. And in general, crypto currency is a difficult job.

While I was working in home office I started crypto trade and I couldn't be successful. The reason why it's hard to open the correct positions. Especially in margin trade, when you open a wrong position, you can lose all your money. Very risky. And I talked to myself to stop trading. It wasn't providing me a good income. With the time that I wasted on it, I can earn much more money in freelance jobs.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:17:08 PM

While I was working in home office I started crypto trade and I couldn't be successful. The reason why it's hard to open the correct positions. Especially in margin trade, when you open a wrong position, you can lose all your money. Very risky. And I talked to myself to stop trading. It wasn't providing me a good income. With the time that I wasted on it, I can earn much more money in freelance jobs.

You didn't success because there is lacking and that is your assignment. Asked yourself, "where did I go wrong".

Always remember, doing crypto is not like you will be succesful in an instant. You must build yourself. Treat your mistakes as lessons to improved your future trades. Succesful and big traders today still losing up to today but overall they have a good stats. Why? Because of the experienced they made since the start of their journey, they know how to deal with the problems now. That's what you have to figured out.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:20:24 PM

Cheers!

I agree on what you have said here on which trading on bitcoins is somehow expensive once you lost it , you would really have a hard time to recover later on unlike on trading altcoin which its price is somehow cheaper than bitcoin that you can able to manage even if you lose some parts of it. Hodling is good for bitcoin but for altcoins trading them actively would be just fine for me.
I never recommend trading with bitcoins because one small mistake can make you deprive of the most expensive coin available in the crypto market. Besides when we all are aware of the fact that bitcoins are in limited number and increasing in price day by day, it is stupidity to trade with bitcoins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:25:37 PM

I never recommend trading with bitcoins because one small mistake can make you deprive of the most expensive coin available in the crypto market. Besides when we all are aware of the fact that bitcoins are in limited number and increasing in price day by day, it is stupidity to trade with bitcoins.
You might be missing great opportunity of earning big money through bitcoin trading. Bitcoin trading is not recommended only if you are not yet prepared well for a high volatiles market situations otherwise it is highly recommended way of making bitcoins. I'm not claiming bitcoin trading is an easier one as it is our responsibility to get into with required skills. When you will be having skills for bitcoin trading then you can make definite big money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: