Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:18:39 PM

Ok i can understand that, but there should be something specific. For example first they were supposed to get chips last week of November, then they got a delay until last week of December. But i don't see specific dates. And considering that you said chips were supposed to be available late november/early december i think we are past 1-4 week delay if they will be available in late January.
I agree we are past that but Ken did state there were issues in the November report. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297543.msg3782916#msg3782916

We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late

I'm not saying what he wrote makes sense but if there had to be some tweaking to the chip you can put on an additional 4-8 week delay on top of the usual 1-4 week delay. Since the eASIC process is just 1 Mask Layer, this delay should be exponentially shorter than someone doing a full-custom or standard-cell ASIC which is how I guesstimate mid to late January.

I don't want pictures from the Fab, but shouldn't sample chips be available with a few weeks before mass production? At least we don't have "clock buffers", like BFL had. Let's talk again in late January to see how this goes. Don't need to get irritated like that.

I agree, I'm not saying that this isn't a bad investment or that there are no issues but it is too early to say it is an outright scam or that no one will receive what they ordered.

I'll be physically visiting Ken and his warehouse mid January. Why? Because I am a shareholder and made no attempt to hide that and I do want to take action on behalf of my investment and see if things are going as planned or if we're all getting stiffed. I'll report back here with everything I can find out so yes let's talk in late January because I will be the first to say you were right if this turns sour.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:49:17 PM

Ok i can understand that, but there should be something specific. For example first they were supposed to get chips last week of November, then they got a delay until last week of December. But i don't see specific dates. And considering that you said chips were supposed to be available late november/early december i think we are past 1-4 week delay if they will be available in late January.
I agree we are past that but Ken did state there were issues in the November report. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297543.msg3782916#msg3782916

We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late

I'm not saying what he wrote makes sense but if there had to be some tweaking to the chip you can put on an additional 4-8 week delay on top of the usual 1-4 week delay. Since the eASIC process is just 1 Mask Layer, this delay should be exponentially shorter than someone doing a full-custom or standard-cell ASIC which is how I guesstimate mid to late January.

I don't want pictures from the Fab, but shouldn't sample chips be available with a few weeks before mass production? At least we don't have "clock buffers", like BFL had. Let's talk again in late January to see how this goes. Don't need to get irritated like that.

I agree, I'm not saying that this isn't a bad investment or that there are no issues but it is too early to say it is an outright scam or that no one will receive what they ordered.

I'll be physically visiting Ken and his warehouse mid January. Why? Because I am a shareholder and made no attempt to hide that and I do want to take action on behalf of my investment and see if things are going as planned or if we're all getting stiffed. I'll report back here with everything I can find out so yes let's talk in late January because I will be the first to say you were right if this turns sour.

As long as you won't post boxes with fans then i'm very keen on your report.

Kasnec

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 03:43:40 AM

I received a reply 2 days ago, which unfortunately I'd only just noticed as it went to my spam filter. I can't actually find anything on the site, nor had noticed it when I ordered, about pre-orders taking 3+ months for delivery (if anyone can please direct me to it). This also contradicts their previous response telling me it would be shipped between Jan 20 - Feb 10.

This is the response:

Dear Customer,
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 3 months or more after order.This is nothing new has been on our site under all products under more info.
Your order is in the February 28th-March 20th date of shipping.If you want to cancel your order then yes we would refund your money.It does come in a check form in the mail.If you want to get a refund please send a full name and address.

Regards,
Customer service
NickDanger

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:41:59 PM

I received a reply 2 days ago, which unfortunately I'd only just noticed as it went to my spam filter. I can't actually find anything on the site, nor had noticed it when I ordered, about pre-orders taking 3+ months for delivery (if anyone can please direct me to it). This also contradicts their previous response telling me it would be shipped between Jan 20 - Feb 10.

This is the response:

Dear Customer,
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 3 months or more after order.This is nothing new has been on our site under all products under more info.
Your order is in the February 28th-March 20th date of shipping.If you want to cancel your order then yes we would refund your money.It does come in a check form in the mail.If you want to get a refund please send a full name and address.

Regards,
Customer service

The Virtual Mining website has been recently updated, you will find the info you need in the Active Mining securities thread here.

Read the quoted post by kleek, where he argues:

Look, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, because you "went away" for a while. The issue is that you come back, sling mud, and have done no catching up at all. I believe Bargraphics already corrected you, and rightly so, but if you're clicking around the site why not quote this date?

For the gold module: Availability date: 2013-12-31

Source: http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=25&controller=product

If you follow the given link, you will see expected shipping date has been changed.  Make of this what you will.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:07:52 AM

Read the quoted post by kleek, where he argues:

Look, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, because you "went away" for a while. The issue is that you come back, sling mud, and have done no catching up at all. I believe Bargraphics already corrected you, and rightly so, but if you're clicking around the site why not quote this date?

Source: http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=25&controller=product

If you follow the given link, you will see expected shipping date has been changed.  Make of this what you will.

It reflects the order queue, doesn't it?

I've sent one of my friends to VMC, he bought 1THs Platinum more than a week ago. Today he called and told me that aprox. shipping would be 2-3 months. So, WTF? I'm too ordered when here in forum shipping was December, not 2-3 months.

That is for ordered which have been place last week.  We have a pre-order queue, so if you are at the end of the queue, then the wait is about 2 months.

NickDanger

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:32:36 AM

No, it reflects Ken blatantly lying to his customer.  Please read kleek's post where he, an Active Mining supporter, points out the shipping date on the website:
Quote from: kleek
Then DoloresHaze points out that (s)he tried to make a purchase, received an "out of stock" email, and the date on the website was changed to April shortly after the fact.

This is proof positive that at least some of the dates on the website were updated as recently as December 27, while Ken insists that the delivery dates were never changed, in the quoted email below:
Quote from: Ken
Dear Customer,

*If you find it difficult to understand Ken's letter, the fault is not yours.  It's difficult to unscramble the typings of chronic drunks.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:37:13 AM

If the end of the queue is two months out, where are the shipments to the beginning of this list? Where is anyone who has received one of these units!
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:51:40 AM

If the end of the queue is two months out, where are the shipments to the beginning of this list? Where is anyone who has received one of these units!

CanadianGuy claims to have received a unit.

Cheers!
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:08:21 AM

Cheers!

Yeah, he has been ultra forthcoming with the pics and proof. ha.
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:25:01 AM

Cheers!

Yeah, he has been ultra forthcoming with the pics and proof. ha.
where is the pics and proof??

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:55:11 PM

No, it reflects Ken blatantly lying to his customer.  Please read kleek's post where he, an Active Mining supporter, points out the shipping date on the website:
Then DoloresHaze points out that (s)he tried to make a purchase, received an "out of stock" email, and the date on the website was changed to April shortly after the fact.

This is proof positive that at least some of the dates on the website were updated as recently as December 27, while Ken insists that the delivery dates were never changed, in the quoted email below:
Quote from: Ken
Dear Customer,

*If you find it difficult to understand Ken's letter, the fault is not yours.  It's difficult to unscramble the typings of chronic drunks.

You failed to finish the discussion crumbs and I were having, but if you don't feel like clicking through that thread, I understand. See below for an explanation, from Ken, re: Moving shipping dates.

I've sent one of my friends to VMC, he bought 1THs Platinum more than a week ago. Today he called and told me that aprox. shipping would be 2-3 months. So, WTF? I'm too ordered when here in forum shipping was December, not 2-3 months.

That is for ordered which have been place last week.  We have a pre-order queue, so if you are at the end of the queue, then the wait is about 2 months.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:59:04 PM

kleeck is right. you have to get to the back of the line.
kleeck

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:35:35 PM

kleeck is right. you have to get to the back of the line.

I couldn't help but notice you haven't responded to my PM. Wink

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
NickDanger

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

You failed to finish the discussion crumbs and I were having, but if you don't feel like clicking through that thread, I understand. See below for an explanation, from Ken, re: Moving shipping dates.

Ken claimed that the dates on his site were never changed in his email to a customer.  The dates were obviously changed, we agree on this.
This type of discrepancies are better known as "lies."
kleeck

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:01:42 PM

Ken claimed that the dates on his site were never changed in his email to a customer.  The dates were obviously changed, we agree on this.

I believe you to be confused. It was made clear months ago that the shipping date was changing as the queue was filling up with orders. Feel free to post the e-mail that Ken sent and we'll figure out what date he was talking about. I suspect it was the batch one ship date.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:02:45 PM

I believe you to be confused. It was made clear months ago that the shipping date was changing as the queue was filling up with orders. Feel free to post the e-mail that Ken sent and we'll figure out what date he was talking about. I suspect it was the batch one ship date.

Kleek, NickDanger is crumbs if you did not know this already. Please post accordingly.
NickDanger

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:13:20 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 04:27:35 PM by NickDanger

Here is the full quote with the email:

This is the response:

Dear Customer,

Regards,
Customer service

In my earlier post, i have quoted you stating that there were products with shipping dates as early as end of December:

You have provided a link to the website, which DoloresHaze has followed and attempted to make an order, at which point the date was changed to end of March.  This directly contradicts Ken's claim that the dates on the website were never changed ("This is nothing new has been on our site under all products under more info.")
NickDanger

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:34:34 PM

Kleek, NickDanger is crumbs if you did not know this already. Please post accordingly.

Didn't you tell everyone gullible enough not to laugh at you that TerraHash was legit?   Priceless advice, that.
kleeck

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:40:05 PM

Ah, so he is. "Like a Xerox". I was starting to wonder why someone would spend so much time complaining about a moving order queue.

Carry on, then.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 08:53:54 PM

So whats the refund status? Many refunds? I mean we get big news for Million-USD-Orders but no info for refunds. But that would be interesting.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: