Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:59:11 AM

Images of products and of our Datacenter being build

Looks pretty HashFasty to me

OMFG, This is exactly hasfast.

Rotate the pic 180 degrees.

Everything is in the same place. - even the purple orientation markings on the silver capacitors are all aligned in the same way.

what a bunch of crooks.

P.S. Kenneth Please explain when you are going to give me my refund? (I have only been asking for it for 4 months now)

Of course it is, this is our development board from hashfast.  We are in the process of tooling our production line to build 5,000 boards in April.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:00:59 AM

Does that mean that all the boards you currently have/are selling were made by hashfast?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:07:09 AM

Does that mean that all the boards you currently have/are selling were made by hashfast?

No, these boards were manufactured by us, using the reference design by hashfast.  This is standard procedure in the semiconductor business, AMD had done this for years.
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:09:24 AM

Of course it is, this is our development board from hashfast.  We are in the process of tooling our production line to build 5,000 boards in April.

Are you going to build a version these boards under license to hashfast or are you buying 5000 boards and then putting them all together (boards, chips, cooling etc)?

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:14:26 AM

Of course it is, this is our development board from hashfast.  We are in the process of tooling our production line to build 5,000 boards in April.

Are you going to build a version these boards under license to hashfast or are you buying 5000 boards and then putting them all together (boards, chips, cooling etc)?

We are building our own boards using hashfast's reference design which we have licensed.  We are tooling our own production line, producing the PCB, buying the parts for the board, and having them assembled.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:15:06 AM

No, these boards were manufactured by us, using the reference design by hashfast.  This is standard procedure in the semiconductor business, AMD had done this for years.

I have no doubt it happens in the semiconductor industry but not in the bitcoin mining industry.

Difference is that bitcoin mining is a zero sum game and hashfast is now selling their proprietary technology to the competition*.

* maybe not competition for hashfast anymore but definitely competition for its customers who have been patiently waiting through months of delays for nothing.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:17:44 AM

I have no doubt it happens in the semiconductor industry but not in the bitcoin mining industry.

Difference is that bitcoin mining is a zero sum game and hashfast is now selling their proprietary technology to the competition*.

* maybe not competition for hashfast anymore but definitely competition for its customers who have been patiently waiting through months of delays for nothing.

This is how it works in the bitcoin mining industry if you want to sell chips.  That is what a lot of companies have done before hashfast. i.e. Avalon.
magzy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:22:03 AM

Of course it is, this is our development board from hashfast.  We are in the process of tooling our production line to build 5,000 boards in April.

We are building our own boards using hashfast's reference design which we have licensed.  We are tooling our own production line, producing the PCB, buying the parts for the board, and having them assembled.

Can we see a picture of this production line ?
jimmothy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:26:33 AM

I agree it is a great method if you want to sell chips. Only horrible if you want to retain customers.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:26:59 AM

When we say we are tooling our own production line, this is at a contract manufacturing company.  
magzy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:29:56 AM

When we say we are tooling our own production line, this is at a contract manufacturing company.  

Good luck!

by the way, where is my refund I asked for 4 months ago?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:15:35 PM

So wait, you post a pic of a dev board as proof of the product you claim to be shipping *now*?
Unless you're shipping dev boards, I'd say that's fucking sleazy.

How about a pic of the stuff you claim to be shipping?
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:28:38 PM

Are these hashfast chips/boards?

This is a development board.  We are tooling our production line to manufacture 5,000 boards in April.

2.5ph - 4ph worth...

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 03:34:45 PM

So wait, you post a pic of a dev board as proof of the product you claim to be shipping *now*?

The pictures show our stock of boards and the product ready to be shipped.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:46:03 PM

So, for this product: http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=38&controller=product

Does "immediate shipment" mean it will leave the same/next day of order, or is it in fact being assembled sometime in April?
metroickha

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:52:21 PM

How about the loyal customers waiting for their 256GH products since november last year? Are they ready to ship aswell?

VMC customer care told me I was in queue of March 20. It is March 31 already.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:17:02 PM

No.  Your pictures show what you have admitted is a dev board (not one of the board you claim to be shipping), cardboard boxes, anti-static bags, coolers (which have nothing to do with the orders.  You are not including a cooling solution AFAIK, correct me if I'm mistaken), and empty racks (also not being shipped, I presume).  There is not a single picture of the product ready to be shipped.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:57:29 PM

how much will it cost to produce 5000 boards? I imagine costs will be in the range of $800-1000 per board since the hashfast chips will likely cost $500-700 each. That means at least $3.5M in upfront costs, likely $4M+

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/mining-hardware-companies-miners-roundup/

Prepare to enter a world of stress
theMiracle

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:52:32 PM

Lol, Ken rips off a guy writing for coindesk.  A lifetime of scamming and he *still* can't do it right.

The cheque was sent back with an accompanying letter clearly stating the correct spelling of the recipient’s name, just to be sure.

However, mid-March a new cheque arrived containing the same misspelling and, this time, it wasn’t signed either. At this point I started to wonder whether these errors were being done on purpose to delay the refund.

Declining my request to have the funds wired to my bank account instead, VMC will now be sending a third cheque (after receiving the unsigned one back from me).

So, maybe with some luck, some four to five months after applying for a refund, I will actually get my money back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: