Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:30:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:48:49 PM

Lol, Ken rips off a guy writing for coindesk.  A lifetime of scamming and he *still* can't do it right.

The cheque was sent back with an accompanying letter clearly stating the correct spelling of the recipient’s name, just to be sure.

However, mid-March a new cheque arrived containing the same misspelling and, this time, it wasn’t signed either. At this point I started to wonder whether these errors were being done on purpose to delay the refund.

Declining my request to have the funds wired to my bank account instead, VMC will now be sending a third cheque (after receiving the unsigned one back from me).

So, maybe with some luck, some four to five months after applying for a refund, I will actually get my money back.

At least he got an actual cheque - I'm still waiting for mine - 4 months after asking for it.
rogerli9

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:31:42 AM

Hello Bitcoin miners

I have decided to stop asking for a refund as most likely they will give it, but it will take them ages. So i have decided to order these with the 9000 dollar pre order that i gave them in november. Once i get them i will post pictures of them working and them hashing and i can try and get this company some better reputation. (hoping here)
magzy

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:21:51 AM

Having filed a complaint a while back with the Attorney General I got this letter in the mail today.

(all I want is my refund from Bullshit artist Kenneth Slaughter)

kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:34:58 PM

FAST-HASH ONE PROSPECTOR SPECIAL

$1,499 On the first unit ordered, Limit of 5 orders per customer.

24 Hour Special on our Fast-Hash One Prospector using this voucher code: Q3W984BM

Limited To The First 50 units Sold.
magzy

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:14:31 PM

FAST-HASH ONE PROSPECTOR SPECIAL

$1,499 On the first unit ordered, Limit of 5 orders per customer.

24 Hour Special on our Fast-Hash One Prospector using this voucher code: Q3W984BM

Limited To The First 50 units Sold.

when are these being shipped out the door?

can I use the money you owe me towards this deal?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:06:28 PM

Of course it is, this is our development board from hashfast.  We are in the process of tooling our production line to build 5,000 boards in April.

So wait, you post a pic of a dev board as proof of the product you claim to be shipping *now*?
Unless you're shipping dev boards, I'd say that's fucking sleazy.

How about a pic of the stuff you claim to be shipping?

The pictures show our stock of boards and the product ready to be shipped.

No.  Your pictures show what you have admitted is a dev board (not one of the board you claim to be shipping), cardboard boxes, anti-static bags, coolers (which have nothing to do with the orders.  You are not including a cooling solution AFAIK, correct me if I'm mistaken), and empty racks (also not being shipped, I presume).  There is not a single picture of the product ready to be shipped.

Didnt Ken claim that the first image are the boards? Inside the anti-static bags?

Anyway... in some days we will see if customers got something.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:31:22 PM

@SebastianJu yeah, he did.  And his pictures showed the plastic bags.  What's inside is anyone's guess.  There's a weird English expression for that -- "pig in a poke." <==click Smiley
magzy

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:27:32 PM

Kenneth, where our our refunds you untrustworthy piece of s**t??

I have been waiting 4 months and have asked you for it about 30 times now.

that is all
magzy

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:28:45 PM

@SebastianJu yeah, he did.  And his pictures showed the plastic bags.  What's inside is anyone's guess.  There's a weird English expression for that -- "pig in a poke." <==click Smiley

from wikipedia:

The idioms "miner from ken" and "sell a miner" (or buy a miner) refer to a confidence trick originating in the Late Middle Ages, when miners were scarce, but catboards and dogchips (minerpies) were not.[1][2][3] The idiom "miner from ken" can also simply refer to someone buying a non existent miner because he or she did not carefully check what was in the bag.[4]
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:58:32 PM

Only the last bags give a small hint whats inside. When seeing the sample board im not sure what we see there. Maybe the sample board would look that way when its turned 180°? But from the first look the insight of the bags look a bit different.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:07:18 AM

@Sebastian yeah, it's "upside-down," and ken has explicitly stated that it's a dev board.  If you look either in this or the "UNmoderated" thread, MrTeal points out that the boards in the bags are probably a different revision (and he posted a pic of that rev.)
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:23:43 AM

@Sebastian yeah, it's "upside-down," and ken has explicitly stated that it's a dev board.  If you look either in this or the "UNmoderated" thread, MrTeal points out that the boards in the bags are probably a different revision (and he posted a pic of that rev.)

Yes, this is the board that we are building 5,000 in April.
magzy

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:04:41 AM

Is that before or after you intend to process all long overdue refunds?
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:38:32 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 05:39:16 PM by NotLambchop

@Sebastian yeah, it's "upside-down," and ken has explicitly stated that it's a dev board.  If you look either in this or the "UNmoderated" thread, MrTeal points out that the boards in the bags are probably a different revision (and he posted a pic of that rev.)

Bulshit plastered over with more bullshit.  You were asked for photos of products being shipped now.  You posted a pic of a dev board which you claim you'll be making in April (it's April already, BTW).

Buying popcorn in bulk -- can't wait for Bargraphics' objective review.  He's "invested" up to the gills in you, ought to be pretty lulzy.

Edit:  Crop from the pic posted by Bargraphics.  Ken is reselling HashFast boards -- the "reference design" story is just that, a story.  These boards were made by HashFast, on their production line.  Unless the revision stickies are integral to design.

*Ken, you can pick those off with your fingernail, or just plaster over them with "Prospector" stickies for the Pro look.
>pro
>spector
>pro

HashFast FastHash Smiley
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:18:23 PM

Alright Guys,

I received my two units (Ordered another one because of the voucher)

I thought these units were going to come with the USB Connector but they didn't so I have to wait another day to get them up and running.

By the way for anyone thinking about ordering them, you will need the following:

Port USB A Female Slot Plate Adapter (USBPLATE) - This comes with two (for two units)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000511LW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

C&E 6-Feet USB 2.0 A Male to A Male Cable - You don't NEED 6 Ft but it was like $1.00 more for an extra 3 Ft.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJRV3CG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pictures of the units that I have right now (To show proof of delivery)
http://imgur.com/a/Zqh6Q

I know there will still be some skeptics out there if I actually received these or not so let me know what to do that will be considered "proof" to you.

Depending on when Amazon delivers the USB cables tomorrow, I'll have them up and running hopefully!

Edit: I've been told for the USB to 5-Pin - The Red wire needs to go on Pin 1 (There's a little "1" next to it on the board) else it can cause burnouts if the header is installed backwards.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 06:05:15 PM

@Sebastian yeah, it's "upside-down," and ken has explicitly stated that it's a dev board.  If you look either in this or the "UNmoderated" thread, MrTeal points out that the boards in the bags are probably a different revision (and he posted a pic of that rev.)

Bulshit plastered over with more bullshit.  You were asked for photos of products being shipped now.  You posted a pic of a dev board which you claim you'll be making in April (it's April already, BTW).

Buying popcorn in bulk -- can't wait for Bargraphics' objective review.  He's "invested" up to the gills in you, ought to be pretty lulzy.

Edit:  Crop from the pic posted by Bargraphics.  Ken is reselling HashFast boards -- the "reference design" story is just that, a story.  These boards were made by HashFast, on their production line.  Unless the revision stickies are integral to design.

*Ken, you can pick those off with your fingernail, or just plaster over them with "Prospector" stickies for the Pro look.
>pro
>spector
>pro

HashFast FastHash Smiley

We manufactured these boards, we purchased the the parts, we purchased the PCB, and we paid the CM to assemble the boards.

We have 3 different CM's working on this project at the current time.  One of which is the same CM Hashfast uses.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:24:56 PM

Ken whats the distance between the cooler mounting holes is it 75mm as per 1155/1156 socket mounting?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:28:46 PM

You really are a slime.  Nice wording.  Sorta like claiming you're shipping product and shipping a single sliderail.

Does that mean that all the boards you currently have/are selling were made by hashfast?

No, these boards were manufactured by us, using the reference design by hashfast.  This is standard procedure in the semiconductor business, AMD had done this for years.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic.
Are they HashFasts stickies? Last I heard HashFast was "renting out" their fabricator for others to use as long as they purchased the components. They could just be doing what they've always done.

So wait, you're saying that HashFast boards, made on HashFast production line, are really *not* HashFast boards?  Is this one of those clever ploy like ActM "buying" boards from VMC?

"We're not selling boards -- we're selling the parts, the design, and the production line"?  Amazing.

I made my own Bimmer -- I bought the engine and the chassis, and had them assembled at the BMW factory.  I'm a major car manufacturer.

P.S:  You realize the reason Ken is getting a deal on those boards, right?  Those boards would otherwise go to HashFast customers who have already paid for them.
Anddos

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:27:23 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/220vrv/virtualmining_co_delivers_3gh/

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:25:22 PM

>pro
>spector
>pro

HashFast FastHash Smiley

We manufactured these boards, we purchased the the parts, we purchased the PCB, and we paid the CM to assemble the boards.

We have 3 different CM's working on this project at the current time.  One of which is the same CM Hashfast uses.

You bought pre-fabricated PCB (presumably from hashfast since it has their stickers), hashfast chips, and used a hashfast assembly house.  Did you source the parts yourself, or does hashfast also sell the parts seperately?

This is my legitimate question, since it went unclear for weeks what type of chip you would use and it was hashfast. Now, it almost seems like the boards were purchased from hashfast as well, rather than your own PCB fabrication with Hashfast design files as you previously implied. Whats the production cost per board?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: