Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEX.Exchange]1-st Exchange Aggregator to trade all coins in one place  (Read 27741 times)
STeX.exchange (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

former Stex member

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 09:56:26 AM

Hi there!
So I  noticed your commission calc https://stex.exchange/media/STEcalculator.htm
Now current total 24h volume is around 14000000 eth
Poloniex is making around 4.3% of total daily volume , do you really think you ll beat polo in your very first year of operation?
But forget polo , let’s take a smaller but very wellknown exchange
Liqui is making around 0.3% (32 out of 178 exchanges listed in cmc) and imho it will be great success for you to beat liqui in 2018
If we input 0.3% to your calc here is what we get

https://gyazo.com/4b9319e0a18cabcf2db7a82ea993eaac

So what? We ll have negative commissions ?
We ll have -174% Cash-out net profit if you can’t beat a well established exchange ?!
Is there something wrong with my calculations*?

*All the numbers i used is derived from coinmarketcap

You completely forgot about the fixed costs and STeX horizontal scaling. There's no need to pay for infrustructure in advance if you STeX doesn't need it at the moment. Fixed cost must be adjusted for 0.3% market share to like 5 ETH and even less. https://s.mail.ru/KaoR/WECdGyEdz
The rest of variables being equal, I got 256% ROI (return on investment).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
STeX.exchange (OP)

former Stex member

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 09:58:31 AM

Man, I keep coming back to this project, because I really like it!

The only thing that's bothering me is the .5 ETH minimum. I look at a lot of ICOs and generally don't like to invest over .25 ETH, because I like to diversify a lot. So this would be double the amount I prefer to drop on these ICOs.

Is there a reason why this minimum is so much higher than most ICOs?
Actually, this in not an ICO but a limited preSale. It is quite common for a presale to limit the contribution to $2000-3000 minimum. STeX made it just 0.5 ETH

Ah, I see what you're saying. But on the site it says the ICO is also going to have a 0.5 ETH minimum. Are you planning on keeping it that way then?

No, I think a lesser ammount would be fair. You suggestions? 0.1 ETH?
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:41:44 AM

The only thing that's bothering me is the .5 ETH minimum. I look at a lot of ICOs and generally don't like to invest over .25 ETH, because I like to diversify a lot. So this would be double the amount I prefer to drop on these ICOs.

Actually, this in not an ICO but a limited preSale. It is quite common for a presale to limit the contribution to $2000-3000 minimum. STeX made it just 0.5 ETH

Ah, I see what you're saying. But on the site it says the ICO is also going to have a 0.5 ETH minimum. Are you planning on keeping it that way then?

yep with the increase of ICO funs many projects make a min investement but I think that if Stex is a "community project" it should be nice that everyone could join. 0.1 ETH shouldn't stop anyone
guillzini

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

Nice to see that you're open to suggestions from the community!

A 0.1 ETH minimum does seem more in line with the general ICOs. It will not harm your ICO at all. Think about it: you will not lose any contributors that would like to contribute 0.5 ETH or more, but you will gain a lot of contributors that would like to contribute 0.4 ETH or less. I think it's a smart move.

STeX.exchange (OP)

former Stex member

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 04:20:50 PM

Then unanimously agreed  Smiley to make the ICO minimum 0.10 ETH
STeX.exchange (OP)

former Stex member

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 04:27:29 PM

STEX team

Trying to understand the logic behind this provision in the white paper:

6. During the ICO the STE coin price will automatically double after every 10% portion of
coins is sold. For example, if the start price of STE is 0.001 ETH, after 10% of all tokens is
sold, the price will become 0.002 ETH, after another 10% (that is 20%) it will be 0.004 and so
on. You will be able to sell your tokens after the ICO ends.

Basically this will have a compounding affect on the token price. At the point that 50% of tokens are sold...the price will have increased 32x from the original price. In order to sell all tokens during the ICO, the final investors will be paying over 1,000x the original price.  Based on the example you give in the clause above, the price of one STE will increase from 0.001 ETH at the start of the ICO, to 1.024 ETH for the final 10%.

If nothing else (assuming my maths isnt flawed, or i've not misunderstood this provision), this will surely act as a major disincentive for ICO investors after, say, 20-30% have been sold and will price STE very high relative to the market and total number of coins out (i.e. 100,000,000 cap).

Look forward to your thoughts on this or correcting my assumptions.

Thanks
RJC

This doubling of price with 10% was just a raw initial idea, a kind of MVP. We wanted to get the feedback and got it. Therefore the price will be increasing more gradually. Ivan is making the next version of the scenario table at the moment. It is going to be published soon.
The overall idea was to set the brakes at around 50% of sold tokens in order to stop the public from buying more. We are yet to decide at what level the brakes system will be set. It will be announced on our public channels before the ICO
STeX.exchange (OP)

former Stex member

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 09:11:55 AM

STeX.exchange team is withdrawing another portion of the funds from the preSale to create a basic crypto-currency pool in order to begin testing of interfaces and internal modules. We transfer part of the funds to other crypto-currencies, on the one hand not to depend on the ether rate (diversification of funds), and secondly, to test the STeX exchange modules that work with different blockchains.
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:17:23 PM

STeX.exchange team is withdrawing another portion of the funds from the preSale to create a basic crypto-currency pool in order to begin testing of interfaces and internal modules. We transfer part of the funds to other crypto-currencies, on the one hand not to depend on the ether rate (diversification of funds), and secondly, to test the STeX exchange modules that work with different blockchains.
ok nice to see your hard job progress ! thanks for news.
How to see if what you are saying is truth and not just run away with funds ? ^^ Can we see for example what crypto pool you create ?
Thanks
STeX.exchange (OP)

former Stex member

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 09:06:29 AM

Many thanks to Mark Jhzhong from Shanghai with his Chinese FAQ translation
https://stex.exchange/media/pdf/stex_faq_chinese.pdf
QQ group id:  601264807
It is not the official Chinese group, but still it might help
Ivan [STeX]

Activity: 176

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:54:36 PM

A 0.1 ETH minimum does seem more in line with the general ICOs. It will not harm your ICO at all. Think about it: you will not lose any contributors that would like to contribute 0.5 ETH or more, but you will gain a lot of contributors that would like to contribute 0.4 ETH or less. I think it's a smart move.

No changes has been made yet. We see no reason for using 0.1 ETH, we can set zero limit instead.
But, during last 12 hours no contribution was made for less than 0.8 ETH.
So, why should we change it?
Can you discribe our user that is willing to join with only 0.1 ETH?

Ivan [STeX]

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:08:26 PM

Hi there!
So I  noticed your commission calc https://stex.exchange/media/STEcalculator.htm
Now current total 24h volume is around 14000000 eth
Poloniex is making around 4.3% of total daily volume , do you really think you ll beat polo in your very first year of operation?
But forget polo , let’s take a smaller but very wellknown exchange
Liqui is making around 0.3% (32 out of 178 exchanges listed in cmc) and imho it will be great success for you to beat liqui in 2018
If we input 0.3% to your calc here is what we get

https://gyazo.com/4b9319e0a18cabcf2db7a82ea993eaac

So what? We ll have negative commissions ?
We ll have -174% Cash-out net profit if you can’t beat a well established exchange ?!
Is there something wrong with my calculations*?

*All the numbers i used is derived from coinmarketcap

Your calculations are correct.
Break-even point for the project is 0.3% of total market with given estimation used on our website.
Please note that it will not ruin the project, just changing timeline.
There are many things we can do to solve this problem, from additional income from ads on website, to optimizing expensives.
And STeX itself will be pushing trading volumes higher because of new trading abilities.

Ivan [STeX]

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:13:09 PM

ok nice to see your hard job progress ! thanks for news.
How to see if what you are saying is truth and not just run away with funds ? ^^ Can we see for example what crypto pool you create ?
Thanks

Sure. We are going to run some standalone modules and working demos on our website, we hope before ICO we can demonstrate some systems already working with it.

zhongjianghu

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 03:44:50 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 08:09:35 AM by zhongjianghu

Andrew,

Already created/translated a Chinese version ANN tread in bitcointalk, can you put it into your link list if no problem?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2210137.msg22263427

Regards,
Mark Zhong
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:39:40 AM

Besides hitting the 15K cap. When does the pre-sale end?

Does the bounty campaign also end or does that continue throughout the ico?

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
abekker

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:56:48 AM

Hi! My video: https://youtu.be/wfP-ndVd828
zhongjianghu

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 07:42:21 AM

Pre-sale will end at 9/30, and Bounty campaign will continue as 3% bonus pool is based on the raising amount of both Presale and ICO
guillzini

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:37:19 AM

No changes has been made yet. We see no reason for using 0.1 ETH, we can set zero limit instead.

Hi! We weren't talking about the Pre-sale. I understand why the minimum for pre-sale could be higher than 0.1 ETH.
But there are several reasons for implementing a lower limit for the main ICO. For example, there are a lot of ICOs coming out and if a user is interested in diversifying his ICO portfolio, he might not want to get hit with a 0.5 ETH limit, because that adds up fast.

Why should you change it? You don't have to really, it's just a suggestion coming from a question I had. I believe getting as much people involved with the ICO is a positive thing. I don't think you should block a person that would like to invest 0.4 ETH or less, because that is still money that could be put to use for your project. In my opinion the question isn't why change it, but why refuse money? Getting as much people involved is kind of the point of a decentralised system anyway. With a higher limit, you're creating an unnecessary barrier.

Again, you don't have to change it. It's just a suggestion. I think we all want this project to be successful Smiley
STeX.exchange (OP)

former Stex member

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:32:34 AM

Hi! We weren't talking about the Pre-sale. I understand why the minimum for pre-sale could be higher than 0.1 ETH.
But there are several reasons for implementing a lower limit for the main ICO. For example, there are a lot of ICOs coming out and if a user is interested in diversifying his ICO portfolio, he might not want to get hit with a 0.5 ETH limit, because that adds up fast.

Why should you change it? You don't have to really, it's just a suggestion coming from a question I had. I believe getting as much people involved with the ICO is a positive thing. I don't think you should block a person that would like to invest 0.4 ETH or less, because that is still money that could be put to use for your project. In my opinion the question isn't why change it, but why refuse money? Getting as much people involved is kind of the point of a decentralised system anyway. With a higher limit, you're creating an unnecessary barrier.

Again, you don't have to change it. It's just a suggestion. I think we all want this project to be successful Smiley

My suggestion of the minimum ammount 0.1 ETH was accepted by the team. Though it was a bit hard to convince )
STeX.exchange (OP)

former Stex member

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:36:06 AM

Pre-sale will end at 9/30, and Bounty campaign will continue as 3% bonus pool is based on the raising amount of both Presale and ICO

3% of the bounty is going to be paid out next week to all bounty participants.
For the ICO the bounty pool ammount would be from 1% to 1.5% but in denominated in ETH it will be even more than that for the current presale. Since we expect to raise at least 10 times more than for the presale.
It is much better to have 1% from a large cake than 100% from zero.
YB777

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:51:47 AM

Hi Stex team, i have two questions !

1. The bounty will be given out one week after the presale end so it will be calculated and given out before 7th October ? Is there a specific date for the bounty to be paid out ?

2. For the bounty total % earned , may i know why is the % earned decreasing every single day ? Is it because they are more people joining bounty that's why my total % earned is always decreasing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: