Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movement DAO | Fully Decentralized Organization | Borderless Collaboration  (Read 262697 times)
theinvestdude

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

Bounty Manager For Hire!!

View Profile
June 16, 2021, 02:14:54 PM

Even without a developer, Themovement really become a community project with real people working in the project development. I never been part of this airdrop but i been following how this simple dropper bot become one of the successful project of 2017.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gs25

Activity: 63
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2021, 03:10:19 PM

Themovement really become a community project with real people working in the project development

Absolutely. It's all about the people!

-
on another note, why has MVT become an untracked listing on CoinMarketCap?
gumshed

Activity: 233
Merit: 178

The future is almost here.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2021, 05:14:02 PM

Themovement really become a community project with real people working in the project development

Absolutely. It's all about the people!

-
on another note, why has MVT become an untracked listing on CoinMarketCap?

Low trading volume and low liquidity.

The Movement  🌱  Unstoppable Organization
▂▃▅▆ ⌠  Connect and Create  |  Join the movement  ⌡ ▆▅▃▂
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties  Github  Twitter  Reddit  Telegram  Blog
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2021, 09:10:34 PM

I am still hodling my MVT.  Was not aware of the swap from MVT to MDT. 

Been in the space since 2016 and I've seen so much incompetence, greed and outright theft/hacks that haven't been that motivated to keep up with every new thing like some people.  I've already gone through many skill sets such as electronic music, publishing, C++, Java, Internet consulting back in the 90s.  To younger people these ETH contracts are your big things/learning curves, just like with mine, and I've learned a lot of cool new things in the last year but Defi hasn't been one of them.  I do want to keep up to speed. 

I have used Metamask on and off over the last 10 months or so but not very often. 

Not sure what the community involvement has been like in tracking the developments here since August 2020.

I believe my MVT can still be swapped.  I would like to do that and see what is going on first hand.

gumshed

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2021, 08:01:58 PM

Been in the space since 2016 and I've seen so much incompetence, greed and outright theft/hacks that haven't been that motivated to keep up with every new thing like some people.  I've already gone through many skill sets such as electronic music, publishing, C++, Java, Internet consulting back in the 90s.  To younger people these ETH contracts are your big things/learning curves, just like with mine, and I've learned a lot of cool new things in the last year but Defi hasn't been one of them.  I do want to keep up to speed. 

I have used Metamask on and off over the last 10 months or so but not very often. 

Not sure what the community involvement has been like in tracking the developments here since August 2020.

I believe my MVT can still be swapped.  I would like to do that and see what is going on first hand.

Hi,

The swap from MVT to MDT was voluntary for community members, and while the functionality of the DAO's token mint has been shut off, MDT is still available through uniswap. There is a permissionless MVT/MDT pool, and while there are no tokens in the pool itself, the routers look at the other four MVT pools and three MDT pools to calculate the swap ratios. If that doesn't appeal to you, send me a message. I'll make sure some end up in your wallet.  Wink

Moving forward into a multi-token future, MVT and MDT are essentially Value and Governance for the DAO. As we move into Spheres, the integration of these two into Sphere sub-communities in different ways creates the "flower of life" effect, which is replicable, adding to the ecosystem as a whole.

Bitcointalk is great, but there is also a discord server full of information and docs that are getting updated all the time with different information. 

Reach out with any questions. Glad to see you still here!

Discord
Documentation

jjukumi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 11:00:52 PM

The Movement is missing in this DAO overview:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16IDgIyPcfwJGG-zmXeMAenYbePQVHkc2P6WCwKEZgpk/edit#gid=0

Since it's one of the few OG DAOs back from 2017, let's add it in that sheet, shall we?
accra_wanderer

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 04:24:08 PM

Hi I've read all about The Movement and what has really come to mind for me is that if we think about

"the vision of building bridges across borders and cultures [...]
"aim to facilitate the creation of value for the benefit of humanity"

climate change, common good, and helping with pressing issues is what comes to my mind

how can The Movement help humanity in innovative ways

how can it establish means to mobilize people world wide for the greater good

so personally Im really interested in carbon-neutral food resiliency for local communities, in particular things like building aquaponics. I think I'm not the only one and if this were to be a movement , combined with the democratizing power of blockchain, huge impact is absolutely possible

am i in the right place to find other visionaries
gumshed

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2021, 09:24:45 PM
Merited by vinipoars (1)

Hello,

I just wanted to drop a quick update as things always seem so scattered.

At the moment, working to get MVT added to ZapperFi.  MDT will have to wait as there isn't enough liquidity to be tracked. Please visit the Zapper Forum and create an account to vote.

The NFT airdrop project is on hold a bit. I've received the commissioned art piece and have the framework about ready to deploy, but gas prices and deployment costs are a bit much right now. If you'd like to see you made the cut for these NFT's, the list is Here.

The Greenpoint contract seems to be stable. We've tested each process in the contract with live funds and I'm happy with the outcome. The DAO's multi-sig wallet, accessible only to MDT holders is the account that is able to withdraw from the contract.  Using Frame.sh I was able to test that function and it worked great. A truly decentralized dao fundraising mechanism for the Greenpoint Sphere.

If you haven't purchased ACRE yet, visit Acre.Holdings or dive into the docs. ETH buys ACRE, ACRE converts to TOTEM, TOTEM earns MVT, the Greenpoint contract and Uniswap markets buy MVT for ETH. Convert back and forth from TOTEM to ACRE depending on earning potential. At the moment, the contract will buy at 0.0002 ETH per MVT. The next increase will be 0.00060 ETH Jun-13-2022. Fiddling with updated UI to provide more info for the entire process but overview for dao controlled funds goes something like this.

• ACRE is purchased adding funds to GLR pot controlled by the DAO
  • Multi-sig wallet withdraws generated ETH
  • A Collateralized Debt Position (CDP) is opened generated DAI
  • DAI is transferred to Greenpoint Land Reserves
  • Taxes are paid by Greenpoint
  • Greenpoint Land Reserves purchases land
  • Transfer Land Title into Land Trust controlled by the DAO
  • Greenpoint develops revenue streams on land
  • Greenpoint pays back CDP and unlocks ETH
  • ETH is deposited into ETH2 Staking Nodes on-site
  • ETH2 Staking Nodes will piggyback on hardware built for ATLAS (Obelus Private Ethereum Chain)
  • Staking rewards paid to ACRE holders (-minus land tax fund)
  • ACRE holders also earn from Oracle contract

Eventually creating its own feedback loop of value.

If you'd like help or contribute in another way please reach out!  If we can raise the ETH, we can change the world.

DISCORD

gumshed

p.s. Thanks for that  Wink

andiu9999

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 04:26:04 PM

Hi,

The swap from MVT to MDT was voluntary for community members, and while the functionality of the DAO's token mint has been shut off, MDT is still available through uniswap. There is a permissionless MVT/MDT pool, and while there are no tokens in the pool itself, the routers look at the other four MVT pools and three MDT pools to calculate the swap ratios. If that doesn't appeal to you, send me a message. I'll make sure some end up in your wallet.  Wink

Moving forward into a multi-token future, MVT and MDT are essentially Value and Governance for the DAO. As we move into Spheres, the integration of these two into Sphere sub-communities in different ways creates the "flower of life" effect, which is replicable, adding to the ecosystem as a whole.

Bitcointalk is great, but there is also a discord server full of information and docs that are getting updated all the time with different information. 

Discord
Documentation

hi, if i have some MVT do i need to exchange it to MDT?
gumshed

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2021, 05:29:03 PM
Merited by paramind22 (4)

Hi,

Discord
Documentation

hi, if i have some MVT do i need to exchange it to MDT?

Not if you don't want to.  The idea was a 2 token system. Utility & Governance. Different layers of responsibility.  MDT allows for decision-making within the deployed dao. MVT is used to extract value from the ecosystem in a fluid way. Both have value and can be used when building, such as with the ACRE contract.

At the moment, both are on UniswapV2 with MDT having a small pool.  There is also MVT/MDT pool to swap between the two now that the DAO isn't releasing more MDT. 

I hope that helps.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 09, 2022, 11:15:44 PM

still alive or?
paramind22

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2022, 03:24:22 PM

still alive or?

Yes, more activity on Discord.  I know there's so many platforms MVT is active on now.  Gumshed has done so much
that it's like a lesson in all the recent crypto development.  It's great to see the metaverse fuse with where MVT was for years.

With the Holidays there sometimes is less activity, depending on the type of crypto.

gumshed

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2022, 02:26:00 AM

Hello,

Back in June of 2021, I took a snapshot of MDT holder wallets with the idea of airdropping an NFT. I commissioned an artist and gave him total freedom to create. While he was working on that, I was exploring different options on how to get this piece out. Ultimately the transaction costs of deploying that contract, batch minting, and transferring were more than I wanted to spend for this project so I waited.

Fast forward to a week ago and this project was still on my mind. Found a more cost-effective method of deployment. It also helps that gas is super cheap right now.

There are 50 available for the 50 wallets on the list. I limited it to 60 max, so those last 10 are only available if the community votes to open the contract up for public minting.

This is a free mint but it will cost the gas for the transaction.  (gas fees are typically cheaper in the middle of the night)

Snapshot / Whitelist

Mint

OpenSea Collection

Artist Info

Original Forum Post

The minting page uses wallet connect so you'll be able to connect most wallets, even mobile. Reach out if you have any issues or need some help. It's a very "just that" interface.

Hope this finds you well.

ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 08:44:48 PM

Have been looking for threads that discuss DAO in general and recently. Just in a week 2 projects (decent lab and web 3 venture) raised fund up to 70 million for DAO project and I know DAO is not a new hype in the space. If money starts going there, their might be something am missing. So if I can find any update on the new DAO hype in the market and why so much fund is going there?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
jjukumi

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 02:22:34 AM

The other day I was imagining The Movement on Optimism.

What do you think? It seems to me that this aligns really well
https://www.optimism.io/vision
paramind22

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2022, 05:34:14 PM

Yes, optimism is always important.  Especially in investing, when people panic at times of maximum public pessimism.  It's always the best time to buy the right things. 

jjukumi

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 03:37:19 PM

Yes, optimism is always important.  Especially in investing, when people panic at times of maximum public pessimism.  It's always the best time to buy the right things.  

Agreed
Optimism is such an important driver in human life

Here I was specifically referring to Optimism as in https://www.optimism.io/ and $OP where The Movement as a DAO could literally apply for an $OP grant for its treasury as well as bridging The Movement applications like GLR's DAO Controlled Land Trust to the Optimism low-cost high-speed Ethereum L2 blockchain.

Either ways I'm so happy to see The Movement alive well in its spirit on the OG Ethereum mainnet

It's about time we give our old school DAO a massive influx of new activity

The Movement is quite an early DAO with its birth in 2017 and in all this time still has been at the forefront of thinking about real value and benefit for humanity which we as a collective will always return to because it simply makes sense
jjukumi

View Profile
October 09, 2022, 02:32:24 AM

This DAO is really cool and old school but obviously it wasn't a sustainable idea to having gumshed do a majority of the work. He did it with a lot of passion.

The Movement DAO can be revived with the right input by several people. What can we do? Does the GLR still hold money?

Happy to participate by giving money but that alone doesn't cut it. Who is here reading this, frens?
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2023, 06:41:34 PM

Hi all ! I was going through collections of wallets that have not been working for a long time, and accidentally stumbled upon this token in my wallet. The question is - is it traded somewhere? Is there a place where it can be sold? Or leave it in a conspicuous place for beauty and in memory of the project? Smiley

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
klarki
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 3551

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
February 13, 2023, 08:59:17 PM

Hi all ! I was going through collections of wallets that have not been working for a long time, and accidentally stumbled upon this token in my wallet. The question is - is it traded somewhere? Is there a place where it can be sold? Or leave it in a conspicuous place for beauty and in memory of the project? Smiley

Now there are two tokens in their ecosystem (MVT and MDT).

Movement (MVT)
Contract:
Code:
0x3d46454212c61ecb7b31248047fa033120b88668

Movement DAO Token (MDT)
Code:
0x32A087D5fdF8c84eC32554c56727a7C81124544E

You can buy and sell it on uniswap.

Liquidity:

The project looks pretty abandoned.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: