Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CMD]FarmWatchBot, Claymore, Bminer, Dstm, CC, Eth, CastXMR, Phoenix, Trex, Gmnr  (Read 36965 times)
starkinsaur

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:27:51 AM

Hi Acrefawn,

Thanks for the update, looks good.

Since the update I have not experienced the issue where too many cards were detected. Well done.

Low Hashrate detection
In response to nuisance restarts from low hashrate, I have reduced my input for "average" hashrate down significantly from the real average (-~7%).
Unfortunately, I am still experiencing nuisance restarting of the miner when hashrate drops momentarily due to difficulty changes.
I understand that I could further drop the "average" hashrate to remedy this but I feel like that is starting to defeat the point of monitoring it in the first place.

To expand on my previous suggestion and above issue; the hashrate monitoring could be more sophisticated and less hypersensitive with the following features:
-Automatic calculation of real average hashrate
-Acceptable hashrate tolerance determined as a configurable % of real average hashrate
-Require several events of NON acceptable hashrate before initiating a restart or other corrective action

There could be a problem with that though. If the software is calculating the average hashrate automatically, it may need to ignore the first reported hashrate after each miner launch (first report is often an outlier)

Regarding over-temperature protection:
In the case of DSTM's ZM Miner: when --temp-target is defined, the miner starts reducing the workload to prevent the GPU from exceeding the set temperature.
It seems(please confirm?) that autorun currently takes the set temperature as defined for the miner and uses this as the temperature limit for its own purpose.
So, the miner never gets the opportunity to respond because autorun shuts it down at the same point where the miner should start down-regulating the workload.

Can autorun be modified to allow the max GPU temp to be set by the user rather than taken from the config parameters used for the miner?
For example: miner set to reduce workload at 76 degrees and autorun resets machine at 80 degrees. That way, autorun does not interfere with the miner.

ZM Version 0.5.7 has been released. I'm going to give it a whirl on one rig with autorun and see what happens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Acrefawn (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 13

FarmWatchBot script Developer

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 04:56:36 PM

Hi Acrefawn,

Thanks for the update, looks good.

Since the update I have not experienced the issue where too many cards were detected. Well done.

Low Hashrate detection
In response to nuisance restarts from low hashrate, I have reduced my input for "average" hashrate down significantly from the real average (-~7%).
Unfortunately, I am still experiencing nuisance restarting of the miner when hashrate drops momentarily due to difficulty changes.
I understand that I could further drop the "average" hashrate to remedy this but I feel like that is starting to defeat the point of monitoring it in the first place.

To expand on my previous suggestion and above issue; the hashrate monitoring could be more sophisticated and less hypersensitive with the following features:
-Automatic calculation of real average hashrate
-Acceptable hashrate tolerance determined as a configurable % of real average hashrate
-Require several events of NON acceptable hashrate before initiating a restart or other corrective action

There could be a problem with that though. If the software is calculating the average hashrate automatically, it may need to ignore the first reported hashrate after each miner launch (first report is often an outlier)

Regarding over-temperature protection:
In the case of DSTM's ZM Miner: when --temp-target is defined, the miner starts reducing the workload to prevent the GPU from exceeding the set temperature.
It seems(please confirm?) that autorun currently takes the set temperature as defined for the miner and uses this as the temperature limit for its own purpose.
So, the miner never gets the opportunity to respond because autorun shuts it down at the same point where the miner should start down-regulating the workload.

Can autorun be modified to allow the max GPU temp to be set by the user rather than taken from the config parameters used for the miner?
For example: miner set to reduce workload at 76 degrees and autorun resets machine at 80 degrees. That way, autorun does not interfere with the miner.

ZM Version 0.5.7 has been released. I'm going to give it a whirl on one rig with autorun and see what happens.

Hello! Thank you for your time, testing and this response. About average hashrate and temperatures will think and post some updates little bit later. ATM bussy little bit.
Contact me in Telegram please.

Acrefawn (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 04:57:36 PM

Today version 1.8.3 released!
Changelog:

• Fixed bug with temperature error.
  • The screenshot function is added during the miner error.

Ewbf 0.3.4 version
Dstm 0.5.7 version
Claymore 12.6 version (Equihash)
Claymore 10.2 version (CryptoNote)
Claymore 10.2 version (Dagger-Hashimoto)

Haddingon

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:57:06 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 05:56:24 PM by Haddingon

I get these showing up in Miner-autorun: "Invalid number.  Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021)."

These stats are displaying wrong in Miner-autorun: "Average Sol/s: 0 Last Sol/s: 67C" . A bug in this version? I didn't try earlier versions.

Dstm 0.5.7 and Autorun 1.8.3

Edited: Changing the dots to colons in my windows date and time format fixed this, as in to 18:12:00 instead of 18.12.00 .

Thanks Acrefawn, great job with the program!
Acrefawn (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:00:00 PM

I get these showing up in Miner-autorun: "Invalid number.  Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021)."

These stats are displaying wrong in Miner-autorun: "Average Sol/s: 0 Last Sol/s: 67C" . A bug in this version? I didn't try earlier versions.

Dstm 0.5.7 and Autorun 1.8.3

Use 24 hours format.

ramarval

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:23:58 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 07:41:42 PM by ramarval

Hi Acre, billion thanks for this awesome work.

wanted to ask you if i can use the eth-claymore script while dual mining (ex. eth+dcr). i did try but i got errors/miner restars due to 2nd coin problem. what should the command line order be?

thanks again and keep up the good work
R

Never mind, got it to work
MekMekPL

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:30:11 PM

Hello there

i just preapred some new rigs with 4.4.2 MSIA. The script seems to get frozen - config.bat loaded... then 120 sec to start MSIA - but nothing happens.

If i kill the process from startup and then start manually, press space to skip - launches ok.

Is it MSIA new version fault or the script?

have seen those hangs also some time on previous 20 beta version.

BR
hogito

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:14:34 PM

Any plans to add ability to use something like nemosminer for multi-algo?  I'd be interested to discuss a donation for this  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
Acrefawn (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 09:02:59 PM

Hi Acre, billion thanks for this awesome work.

wanted to ask you if i can use the eth-claymore script while dual mining (ex. eth+dcr). i did try but i got errors/miner restars due to 2nd coin problem. what should the command line order be?

thanks again and keep up the good work
R

Never mind, got it to work

Thx

Hello there

i just preapred some new rigs with 4.4.2 MSIA. The script seems to get frozen - config.bat loaded... then 120 sec to start MSIA - but nothing happens.

If i kill the process from startup and then start manually, press space to skip - launches ok.

BR

Please explain more. What OS ar you using, what miner exactly. Thx!

Any plans to add ability to use something like nemosminer for multi-algo?  I'd be interested to discuss a donation for this  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

After holidays will be some updates. Im working to add new miners and functionality. Thx!

flatounet

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:45:37 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 02:01:06 PM by flatounet

thank's you for your script ,usefull here.

i got few probleme with my rig ,

im newbie here,  got ring since less 3 weeks
and using your script since 1 week ,

and i have probleme actually ,no probleme about reboot & restart minning Zcash.
but i have 1 card bad.

i see you spy card Temp for slow down work to heat less card.
but here , card look crash or hashrate down alot

your script ,restart card/computer but card crash again few hours later.

can you look about Overclocking control ?  ( Underclocking )

what i ask ,when a card crash , just slow down overlocking of the poor card to get it stable.

actually im using afterburner but not good to do this.
but i think it's possible with nvidia inspector.

i will look to do it ,but im 0 in script ( i used basic on cpc6128 , 25y ago but .... im 0 in bash but it look similar )

i dont ask for overlocking , it's for underclocking ,when summer comme T°  up ....

same get zm crashed , i got windows error message about zm error  but zm windows is open
and no reaction from script like all work fine Sad

but no more minning Sad

anyone know a good pool low fee to get email when rig dont mine anymore or too mutch slower ?

Acrefawn (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:17:32 PM

thank's you for your script ,usefull here.
i got few probleme with my rig ,
im newbie here,  got ring since less 3 weeks
and using your script since 1 week ,
and i have probleme actually ,no probleme about reboot & restart minning Zcash.
but i have 1 card bad.
i see you spy card Temp for slow down work to heat less card.
but here , card look crash or hashrate down alot
your script ,restart card/computer but card crash again few hours later.
can you look about Overclocking control ?  ( Underclocking )
what i ask ,when a card crash , just slow down overlocking of the poor card to get it stable.
actually im using afterburner but not good to do this.
but i think it's possible with nvidia inspector.
i will look to do it ,but im 0 in script ( i used basic on cpc6128 , 25y ago but .... im 0 in bash but it look similar )
i dont ask for overlocking , it's for underclocking ,when summer comme T°  up ....
same get zm crashed , i got windows error message about zm error  but zm windows is open
and no reaction from script like all work fine Sad
but no more minning Sad
anyone know a good pool low fee to get email when rig dont mine anymore or too mutch slower ?

Hello. Thx.
Sorry but it is hard to help you, every (and each) card have individual OC settings, you just need to find them. By increasing values from default 10 by 10 and 1 by 1. It is possible to use nvidia inspector but it is hard to indicate values for all users. So it is individual problem and must be resolved only by you. Same with temperatures, it depends where you stay your machines. You need to think about fans and coolers. It is standart problems of all miners. But on this forum you can find good advices! Smiley

Acrefawn (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:18:34 PM

Today version 1.8.5 released!

Changelog:
  • Added error handlers for Dstm miner.
  • Added a command to switch between miners using the Telegram Bot.
  • Added option to the configuration file to disable share time checking.
  • Ability to change the name of the configuration file, log file.
  • Optimization of the code, correction of small errors.

Cпиcoк измeнeний:
  • Дoбaвлeны oбpaбoтчики oшибoк для Dstm мaйнepa.
  • Дoбaвлeнa кoммaндa для пepeключeния мeждy мaйнepaми пpи пoмoщи Telegram бoтa.
  • Дoбaвлeнa oпция в фaйл кoнфигypaции для oтключeния пpoвepки вpeмeни шapы.
  • Boзмoжнocть измeнeния нaзвaния фaйлa кoнфигypaции, фaйлa лoгoв.
  • Oптимизaция кoдa, иcпpaвлeниe мeлкиx oшибoк.

Ewbf 0.3.4 version
Dstm 0.5.7 version
Claymore 12.6 version (Equihash)
Claymore 10.2 version (CryptoNote)
Claymore 10.2 version (Dagger-Hashimoto)

flatounet

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:17:33 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 04:57:35 PM by flatounet

im looking for something like this :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134473.0

Automatic downclocking of each GPUs  ( basing on the GPU temperature, target temperature, error reported from miner or hw )

but this script look be old & made for ATI & not for nvidia...
Zura123

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:52:51 AM

can i use this script on mining zcl?

p.s. it would be great if you could make a video tutorial
Rhyn0

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:37:03 PM

Thank you for this awesome script, was exactly what I was looking for. I've been running it for a week or so and so far it's brilliant. I am giving it a little more time to see it being updated and will support the dev. Using it with dstm so far, the telegram bot reporting is such a nice feature.
Keep up the good work!
hogito

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:00:50 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 08:07:48 PM by hogito

***UPDATE - I got it running on windows 7 going strong for about 2hrs now!

What components of windows 10 does this need besides Powershell WMF 5.1 Huh  I have a lot of windows 7 rigs and can install the necessary powershell wmf if that's all it rally needs?  OR, are there other windows 10 native components it relies on?

PS - THIS IS AWESOME Smiley  I mined to your wallet for a few hours last night Smiley
hogito

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:54:29 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 05:28:26 AM by hogito

***Update - Bad news, after rig restart it hangs on the "Waiting 120 sec. for the full load of MSI Afterburner".  If I close and restart it the script manually it runs.  Any thoughts/ideas on what could be causing the hang?

**UPDATE - I got it running on windows 7 going strong for about 2hrs now!

What components of windows 10 does this need besides Powershell WMF 5.1 Huh  I have a lot of windows 7 rigs and can install the necessary powershell wmf if that's all it rally needs?  OR, are there other windows 10 native components it relies on?

PS - THIS IS AWESOME Smiley  I mined to your wallet for a few hours last night Smiley
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:23:06 AM

I was looking for something just like this. I’ll have to try it out tomorrow. DTSM keeps crashing at night for me. Love to have a way to auto restart it if it keeps happening. Using windows OS so I’ll give it a try tomorrow.
hogito

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:29:20 AM

Hello there

BR

I also have this problem Sad
dandyqb

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:03:30 PM

i am using this for almost a month, paired with DSTM,... great combo  Smiley Grin Grin

keep up the good work, thanks!  Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: