Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:49:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin will survive after 100 year ?  (Read 38101 times)
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:45:39 PM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

I know Bitcoin is actually strong enough and stable as well

But what do you think about it after 100 years ?
I ask you questions? Will you survive after 100 years? I don't think too deeply. Whatever is it, in the next two to five years, holding bitcoin will be profitable, and never think 100 years later. I have no deal with 100 years later, I am not policy maker. If you are policy maker I think you are quiet right to think about that.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:52:39 PM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

I ask you questions? Will you survive after 100 years? I don't think too deeply. Whatever is it, in the next two to five years, holding bitcoin will be profitable, and never think 100 years later. I have no deal with 100 years later, I am not policy maker. If you are policy maker I think you are quiet right to think about that.

I think what we must think first is how can we be able to earn more profit today than thinking what may happen in the future. Also, if you think of it, you are dead even before reaching the 90th year. But when the immortal serum was invented in the near future, maybe we can buy it and see bitcoin after 100 years.
And I think for me, Bitcoin's max supply was all mined and now the fees and confirmations into almost a second. The countries are making their move to make a digital currency that will be used in their countries and bitcoin will be a universal digital currency.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:58:22 PM

That I can't tell. I have no idea if Bitcoin will survive after 100 years because I'm currently focus on earning it right now. If ever that it is still available by that time, maybe my grandchildren are the ones who are using it and I hope that it is already the universal currency and widely accepted around the worl with such a very high value.
sunneybitc

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:32:50 PM

I can not say it,because bitcoin is now popular,future we can not imagine but bitcoin has good facilities for the next generation people.for bitcoin transactions internet is enough so it will survive in future days also.
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:33:12 PM

How if, there's another cryptocurrency that will take the throne from bitcoin? How if, blockchain/bitcoin community break and collapse? How if, something bad occurs to bitcoin that lead every country ban their people for using it? How if, in 100 years later, bitcoin just an old stuff to unknown big thing like ancient coin to credit card? How if, how if, how if?
I don't know if bitcoin can survive after 100 years
TC Alt 20

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 03:39:05 PM

Despite the wild gains of many altcoins, every crypto portfolio should have a certain amount of bitcoin that you won't sell for years. If it turns into a global reserve currency (assuming the upcoming scaling goes well and security is maintained), then nations could start buying. Even if only a small amount of a nation's reserves is in Bitcoin, the price could easily enter the $1,000,000 per bitcoin range.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:50:00 PM

How if, there's another cryptocurrency that will take the throne from bitcoin? How if, blockchain/bitcoin community break and collapse? How if, something bad occurs to bitcoin that lead every country ban their people for using it? How if, in 100 years later, bitcoin just an old stuff to unknown big thing like ancient coin to credit card? How if, how if, how if?
Depending the emotion of community use Bitcoin.
When them want use other type payment system for replace Bitcoin, they will have reason for do that, so we don't need predict this future, how to earning money before the value of Bitcoin increasing more better than. Grin
cyclotronmajesty

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:51:59 PM

No idea what will  happen to bitcoins in future and how long it will survive so the best thing would be to keep on earning bitcoins and make money till its alive instead of thinking of future as none of us going to live that long so no point in thinking what will happen to bitcoins after 100 years.

███  ███
    ███      ███
  ███          ███
███              ███

███              ███
  ███          ███
    ███      ███
      ███  ███

LANCECHAIN

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████
 █████▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:05:16 PM

100 years is too big to speculate. Even if Bitcoin stay for another 20-25 years then imagine the price it may reach. Bitcoin is still the next generation currency as lots of countries are going to adopt in coming years and will be used widely.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:10:13 PM

I think is possible, even more than that. Bitcoin indeed is growing very strong so I don't think that it will have an end soon. Make sure that the price of bitcoin at that time will be very high!
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:17:07 PM

Bitcoin will live as long as there is demand for it. Now bitcoin is only the beginning of her world travels and we can't know what fate awaits him. While I don't see bitcoin fulfill its functions in full. I only see signs of a pyramid, but if any product can be purchased with bitcoin on the Internet it will live forever.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:21:18 PM

As far as I know, the idea of cryptocurrencies started with bitcoin back in 2009. Although we all dont know the inventor but bitcoin won't vanish anytime soon. It has already gained so much recognition all over the world, and a lot of people love using bitcoin. All the other altcoins follow in bitcoin's footsteps.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:35:58 PM

If the fiat currency could survive in real world, then there's a huge possibility that it could survive in the future but only in digital world. Sooner or later in the future we will be using too much technology then bitcoin will not going to be left behind. Technology now is growing big i don't know what will the future be but it's so scary to look at it right now.

Kidmat

Activity: 774

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:39:09 PM

Bitcoin will live as long as there is demand for it. Now bitcoin is only the beginning of her world travels and we can't know what fate awaits him. While I don't see bitcoin fulfill its functions in full. I only see signs of a pyramid, but if any product can be purchased with bitcoin on the Internet it will live forever.
Actually we will never know what might gonna happen after 100 years. I think In bitcoin as long there is demand and supply it will survive. It will survive in the sense that it will still used by many.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:08:33 PM

100 years later, it's been a long time, what we think and anticipate may not be accurate but I will still try. I think 100 years later, Bitcoin will still exist, at which time its value will be very high due to the rapid growth of its speed. Bitcoin is well known, almost universally around the world. There are many services that accept Bitcoin in payment. Although thriving but I think Bitcoin will have to compete with some potential altcoin. These are just my thoughts, in the future no one knows in advance,  everything can will happen in another direction.
Ruggito

Activity: 283
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:11:32 PM

Only for speculation, I suppose that Btc will not exist in 100 year.. Probably because there will be an altcoin that will be able to "inglobate" it fixing some of the its problems (ex. the consumption of energy)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
orarider

Activity: 575

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:12:59 PM

Too far away so you can talk about the future of bitcoin after a hundred years. At present, bitcoin only lasts for more than a decade, and what we can see is its instability. Although it carries a high value, it continually encounters problems in development.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:14:41 PM

I would say yes with higher potentiality than now after hundred years may be sathoshi will be more valuable than fiat currency

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
sudip76

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:25:21 PM

my full of trust about bitcoin! i think bitcoin servive more than 100 year.  Smiley
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:43:43 AM

Depending the emotion of community use Bitcoin.
When them want use other type payment system for replace Bitcoin, they will have reason for do that, so we don't need predict this future, how to earning money before the value of Bitcoin increasing more better than. Grin
agreed we don't need to predict bitcoin's future, but i just post the possibility. Even if Bitcoin can survive, it'll face many many problem whether it just small or destructive problem. I was saw the community when there was hot news about segwit, segwit2x and Bcash, and that's like a problem
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: