Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:34:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin will survive after 100 year ?  (Read 38101 times)
bitcoinmagneto

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:21:57 PM

I think Bitcoin will survive more than 100 years as right now it is in it's developing stage and is still producing and its popularity is increasing day by day .But I'm not sure that it's popularity,security and high value will there be or not after 100 years.
VanceCrypto

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:28:12 PM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

I know Bitcoin is actually strong enough and stable as well

But what do you think about it after 100 years ?

I believe at that time, the word BITCOIN will no longer be used. They will use Satoshi instead, and 1 Shatoshi equal 1 USD.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin
celebrated

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:44:24 PM

definitely, Bitcoin will survive at least 100 years because of its credibilities and acceptabilities. day by day It is gaining massive popularity across the world. many people are getting financially benefitted from this system. when it becomes a profitable platform then people will use this system. so Bitcoin will also last according to its acts
mcdudeflut

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:47:19 PM

One solar flare and we all live in the dark ages,....changes of a solar flare hitting us in the next hunderd years 11%.
So i guess the answere is NO.
mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:49:53 PM

Even though we can't predict the future, I do believe that we will see bitcoin around for a very long period, maybe even 100 year. But at some point something new might came up with better features than BTC and replace it, just like it's replacing FIAT.

It seems to me that 100 years ago the bitcoins would not have the chance to survive. The society was very backward, underdeveloped, electronics virtually did not exist. It would not be possible, especially by people who would not believe in something so unimaginable.
Why not? The society are growing more, you must to remember the technology and our life will improve and do not become backward again. Therefore, a currency use blockchain technology as Bitcoin is needed for our life in future when we starting to apply the digital life.
valisa

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:51:11 PM

I think bitcoin will last for more than 100 years, but the price may be more expensive than the current price. maybe there will be a new coin that can compete with bitcoin
SonicDoom

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:52:18 PM

Yes indeed, bitcoin will still remain after many years. Unless there are people or professionals that will make a move to remove this kind of cryptocurrency.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:52:46 PM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

I know Bitcoin is actually strong enough and stable as well

But what do you think about it after 100 years ?
In my opinion the bitcoin will exists forever Because here the concept is simple .
As here we understand that bank system are more better and powerful and can't go down ever , But here if we can see toward the stability and technology of the bitcoin blockchain system then we will find that here security is more better than what the banking system have .
And also in the bitcoin we have more ease to access the money that we have in the wallet and also Annynomuous type privacy also worked perfectly here , so we can understand well that in the future why people will not use bitcoin .
So here we can say that from year by year people will use bitcoin more and more and that will increase the future life of the bitcoin According to demand .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:53:15 PM

[bI do think so.Because crypto currency is spreading it's identity around the whole world.People are being encouraged and interested to work with bitcoin.Again it's price is rising rapidly.As it's popularity is spreading so fast,this will make bitcoin alive through the next century.
 [/b]

BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:56:29 PM

To say it will survive after 100 years is not the truth because we can’t predict a currency for 100 years but we can say that it will be the successful currency in the current century. However we even don’t know that after 100 years will this currency exists or not. But we have a hope that it will survive for a long period of time.

Meepospammer

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:57:41 PM

Bitcoin might be gone by then but cryptocurrency will still be alive and kicking for sure. New cryptocurrency might sprout but still bitcoin will be a legend. It's where it all started.
skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 06:44:40 PM

Firstly, I want to ask Do you think any of us will survive after 100 years.Smiley  Evident, if there is no surety of a human life, then it’s a cryptocurrency.

On a serious note, Bitcoin seems to survive for a long time. It’s a sound cryptocurrency, not debt based, have increasing demands and rising value.

Still, as we all know all currencies fluctuate, there may be a possibility that some other cryptocurrency will take its place. 100 years is a big time.

wenjun123

Activity: 213

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:58:04 PM

100 years is quite a long time, for this time and humanity can disappear Smiley
In general, I think that bitcoin has all chances to survive for 100 years in the world financial market, it has excellent prospects and more people are investing money in bitcoin. Large enterprises also use bitcoin in their production, this also means a lot.

catvantuong

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:42:34 PM

I think in the future, cold storage will be seen the same way burying cash in a tin can looks today.
Today, managed wallets are risky, but they won't always be. Once Bitcoin managed wallets can get some form of insurance or at least a track record of reliability, I think the community will have a change of heart towards letting others guard their money. Maybe there's an economic or ideological argument against this, but people expect and demand that kind of oversight of their money.
I say either way, it's very irresponsible to not come up with a way to relay your savings to your dependents, no matter how young you are.
Edit: also, it's hubris to assume Bitcoin will be mankind's final currency. There are tons of currencies reduced to being collectable coins, and who's to say someone won't develop something better than Bitcoin that's incompatible with the existing blockchain?
I recall reading that scripting could be implemented into the btc protocol, so in theory future developments of Bitcoin could actually credit people coins if certain conditions were met. Perhaps it could require a digitally signed death certificate from a clerk or lawyer. Granted, that's a big undertaking and could be very exploitable if done wrong
ngocvan

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:43:29 PM

Presumably people will write Wills (the same as they do now) and they could leave their wallet passwords in the Will or some similar solution. They could also simply tell their heir the wallet password on their deathbed or transfer their wallet funds to their heir before they die.
I don't think it is a problem. In 100 years tech will be so much more advanced than now. We'll have wearable computers and our wallets will probably be embedded into our wrist or something! It won't be a problem like you think it is.
nguyenanhvu

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:44:13 PM

You have to remember that just like the internet, Bitcoin will improve over time from the addition of different services and features.
If it actually catches on, Bitcoin will be a lot more different in 100 years than it is today. There will most likely be safeguards for things such as people dying/theft/loss/fire, etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:44:58 PM

No matter the price people will always hold it in case it goes up.
lethithuha

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:46:51 PM

I think in the future, cold storage will be seen the same way burying cash in a tin can looks today.
Today, managed wallets are risky, but they won't always be. Once Bitcoin managed wallets can get some form of insurance or at least a track record of reliability, I think the community will have a change of heart towards letting others guard their money. Maybe there's an economic or ideological argument against this, but people expect and demand that kind of oversight of their money.
I say either way, it's very irresponsible to not come up with a way to relay your savings to your dependents, no matter how young you are.
Edit: also, it's hubris to assume Bitcoin will be mankind's final currency. There are tons of currencies reduced to being collectable coins, and who's to say someone won't develop something better than Bitcoin that's incompatible with the existing blockchain?
I recall reading that scripting could be implemented into the btc protocol, so in theory future developments of Bitcoin could actually credit people coins if certain conditions were met. Perhaps it could require a digitally signed death certificate from a clerk or lawyer. Granted, that's a big undertaking and could be very exploitable if done wrong
Yeah thats what I've been saying in reply to others. At the time of posting this I was more concerned about what would happen so I wasn't really thinking of things like another technology that could be better used for currency that we can't even imagine. Like the thought of internet in the 1800's, no one would've known this existed or anything like it. Probably unimaginable for them. We'll probably either destroy eachothers because humans are stupid, or we'll be immortal by then. Anything could happen
phuongthao97

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:48:15 PM

Presumably people will write Wills (the same as they do now) and they could leave their wallet passwords in the Will or some similar solution. They could also simply tell their heir the wallet password on their deathbed or transfer their wallet funds to their heir before they die.
I don't think it is a problem. In 100 years tech will be so much more advanced than now. We'll have wearable computers and our wallets will probably be embedded into our wrist or something! It won't be a problem like you think it is.
Still unexpected deaths. But didn't think that through, in 100 years (if we don't destroy eachother, you never know with humans) we would probably have a new digital currency (or one besides BTC), or maybe humans would be invincible. Maybe we'll be on other planets or BTC will become useless. To many variables I didn't think about before posting.
kabzeon

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:53:27 PM

Doesn't matter really. Its underlying technology will be there defining a decentralized future. I think that's honoring Satoshi's wishes, he created bitcoin as a means to an end to push society to a future he envisioned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: