Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEO - The Ethereum of China (Invest before you regret)  (Read 18626 times)
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:06:58 PM

Lots of FUD and other rumors swirling right now. It's best to wait for the dust to settle before you make any other decisions regarding buying/selling.

In general this is a sensible and time-tested strategy.

However, with news like this you are potentially looking to
lose 90 % or more of your current investment, because the major - if not the only - use case in the biggest market in the world
(after all China has the biggest population) suddenly vanished.

Besides, many countries could follow with similar measures. South Korea has already followed the Chinese and other
countries are looking to adopt similar policies regarding the legality of ICOs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:09:53 PM

With current news about china this topic looks like deserted planet in the big universe. Lols. They are not even in the position to accept ICO projects now and how they are supposed to create a all new ethereum blockchain at their home. This is not possible and I don't care what others are saying here positive or negative but now I know China is most untrusted market in the world and they are here to manipulate it that's all. Must stay away from them.  Roll Eyes

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:37:15 PM

Well this is bad news for those who have invested at high prices. And also good news for those who are still thinking of investing. Might as well wait for the price to get lower still. Possibly then we can consider investing.
imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:17:39 PM

Well this is bad news for those who have invested at high prices. And also good news for those who are still thinking of investing. Might as well wait for the price to get lower still. Possibly then we can consider investing.
I'm one of the millions who invest when the neo price goes up. And I will hold the neo for a long time hopefully there is to the magic that happens is the Chinese government rethink about its new rules and I'm waiting for it to happen Smiley
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:48:31 PM

I'm one of the millions who invest when the neo price goes up. And I will hold the neo for a long time hopefully there is to the magic that happens is the Chinese government rethink about its new rules and I'm waiting for it to happen Smiley
Just now I bought few NEO coins. I am not aware of this coin. Usually, I will concentrate on only other top altcoins. But yesterday news makes me to give some concentration on this coin, and I go through it is very good project i think now is the best time to invest on this coin. So i bought, but my question is what will be the price of this coin at this year end any idea.
billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:52:28 PM

Neo has fallen sharply against the backdrop of recent events. I wonder what will happen to him further

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
cryptor47

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:24:48 PM

I know I'm blowing against the wind here but I don't believe China has any intention on cracking down a new promising sector and let the West to take a huge lead. I think the opposite will happen here. My thinking here is that in a couple of weeks China will announce regulations about ICOs, that will enable the good projects to do business legally (not in a grey area) and forbid potential scams to raise money.
Neo to $100+ this year.
There will be a lot of people banging their heads for missing the train again Smiley
theleaf

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:40:43 PM

I know I'm blowing against the wind here but I don't believe China has any intention on cracking down a new promising sector and let the West to take a huge lead. I think the opposite will happen here. My thinking here is that in a couple of weeks China will announce regulations about ICOs, that will enable the good projects to do business legally (not in a grey area) and forbid potential scams to raise money.
Neo to $100+ this year.
There will be a lot of people banging their heads for missing the train again Smiley

my thoughts exactly, lol!
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:52:03 PM

China is making a great mistake in trying to regulate something that supposedly cannot be regulated. Trying to centralize something that is supposed to be decentralized. NEO will find ways to succeed outside of China and that will be attained by making the coin more flexible in markets outside of China.
SavvyOli

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:54:37 PM

We dont need to worry. just hang on, eventually the price will go back up!
cryptor47

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:01:44 PM

China is making a great mistake in trying to regulate something that supposedly cannot be regulated. Trying to centralize something that is supposed to be decentralized. NEO will find ways to succeed outside of China and that will be attained by making the coin more flexible in markets outside of China.

How do you mean it cannot (shouldn't) be regulated?
Blockchain shouldn't be regulated. Volunteer Crypto projects (not taking funds from people to get started) shouldn't be and can't be regulated.
But ICOs? The companies doing ICOs, taking cryptocurrencies and converting them into local currency to get started? These are still companies operating in common market where all companies follow some regulation. Why would there be different rules for them?
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:30:51 PM

neo effect, china regulator is closed and baned about ico project
if neo not open service same with ETH, i think china regulator not ban about ico project

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
StopTheFUD

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:03:08 AM

I don't see NEO recovering now in the near future as it is banned from doing ICOS, so NEO will become probably defunct sooner or later, unless China decides to relax and regulate the laws a little bit. If the blanket ban on ICOS continues, then Neo is having an early funeral.

Among the doom and gloom here's what I don't get:

1.  China has banned/made illegal ICOs for now.  But isn't the general feeling this was a step that will lead to regulation ... eventually opening up a more legitimate ICO market place?

2.  If a start up in Spain (or pick your country) wanted to use NEO as the platform for an ICO the Chinese could stop this?  Certainly the government could ban its citizens from participating... but why can't 99% of the rest of the world still use NEO as an ICO platform?  I guess the government could arrest the NEO team thus ending everything... but seems go me the government is essentially trying to protect it's citizens  (scam ICOs).  With NEO itself being based in China... it's unclear how far the govt tentacles can reach with regard to this?

As a side note... Red Pulse (Hong Kong) has delayed their ICO but still hasn't cancelled it.  Interesting to see what ultimately happens there. 

2. I doubt any serious start up in Spain would:
a) Decide to do something risky like this. Neo is not a public blockchain. Neo is totally under control of the Neo team (or rather onchain ? which btw is also involved in an exchange...), and thus by extension of the Chinese government.
b) Use such a problematic platform in the first place. Neo is going in the very wrong direction of being under control of the NEO team. Blockchain systems were developed to get away from this.
BTW it's very clear how far the government can reach. It can just shut down the whole Neo project whenever it wants.
nofuture

Activity: 199

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:12:21 AM

I don't see NEO recovering now in the near future as it is banned from doing ICOS, so NEO will become probably defunct sooner or later, unless China decides to relax and regulate the laws a little bit. If the blanket ban on ICOS continues, then Neo is having an early funeral.

1.  China has banned/made illegal ICOs for now.  But isn't the general feeling this was a step that will lead to regulation ... eventually opening up a more legitimate ICO market place?

2.  If a start up in Spain (or pick your country) wanted to use NEO as the platform for an ICO the Chinese could stop this?  Certainly the government could ban its citizens from participating... but why can't 99% of the rest of the world still use NEO as an ICO platform?  I guess the government could arrest the NEO team thus ending everything... but seems go me the government is essentially trying to protect it's citizens  (scam ICOs).  With NEO itself being based in China... it's unclear how far the govt tentacles can reach with regard to this?

As a side note... Red Pulse (Hong Kong) has delayed their ICO but still hasn't cancelled it.  Interesting to see what ultimately happens there. 

a) Decide to do something risky like this. Neo is not a public blockchain. Neo is totally under control of the Neo team (or rather onchain ? which btw is also involved in an exchange...), and thus by extension of the Chinese government.
b) Use such a problematic platform in the first place. Neo is going in the very wrong direction of being under control of the NEO team. Blockchain systems were developed to get away from this.
BTW it's very clear how far the government can reach. It can just shut down the whole Neo project whenever it wants.
People like blockchain because it is decentralized. If NEO still under NEO team it is not a good news because China gov can control it

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
Thndr

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:46:09 AM

I think NEO price will recover soon. China can't kill ICO. They just want to control it. If they want kill crypto. They had been ban bitcoin

◈◈   SOCIALMEDIA.MARKET   ◈◈   BLOCKCHAIN BASED Influencer Marketing Platform
ANN Thread   WhitePaper   Facebook   Telegram   Twitter
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰   TOKEN SALE : 09 February - 16 March   ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:00:50 AM

I think NEO price will recover soon. China can't kill ICO. They just want to control it. If they want kill crypto. They had been ban bitcoin

I hope so because I did not think when buying NEO precisely the price dropped close to 50% fortunately I just bought a little NEO
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:04:47 AM

I thought NEO, while it started in China... was an open source project with a public blockchain?  Maybe I misinterpreted that?

In simple terms how I view this... the ICO is just a way to fund a project/company.... China is saying that breaks their  fundraising laws... that's basically it.  I think some are getting a little carried away, or what am I missing?  A project could start tomorrow on the NEO platform...no one is stopping that.  It's just if it's a Chinese company it can't fundraise through an ICO.

And most likely ICO regulations will be rolled out to have it meet their fundraising laws.  More and more countries are going to be doing something similar.  Just seems like there is a little too much freak out. 
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:24:09 AM

Neo to $100+ this year.

My thoughts exactly. Why kill the golden goose when it's ur goose?

As with many rules in China, they will try to do a wide ban first and start opening small exceptions and slowly opening up even more.
Broly46

Activity: 1554
Merit: 115

0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:35:51 AM

Lucky to buy on dip again

Self hating nerd that want to escape from reality into the cyberpunk.
uslfd

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:28:36 PM

Neo to $100+ this year.

I really dn't think this will happen anytime soon. As a matter of fact, a lot of ICOs are scam. Any blockchain companies could also take it to the regulated IPO market to raise the funds they need to develop blockchain tech. So I don't really see why govt will allow ICO again.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: