Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:57:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21545 times)
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 03:32:38 PM

Bitcoin is more secure than any program for your computer. Many users think that the banal setting of your computer antivirus is able to protect him. This is not so. Antivirus doing medicine after someone had encountered a virus. You have to worry about the safety of their files.

We still need to use antivirus because many of us are still using windows, will not be 100% effective if we just keep the private key only, antivirus is one of the major security supporters, hopefully in the future many antivirus that work directly with the provider of wallet so Minimize the risk, so far bitcoin still quite safe, but still not enough.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aur3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Embrace change

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:33:03 PM

Hello pals,
Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?
for 8 years they have been trying and failing.

Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?
the code!
it is a cryptocurrency and that means bitcoin uses cryptography to achieve that security. the cryptography that is being used in other places in the world too. and that makes it safe.

Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
what does this have anything to do with bitcoin security?

Trust blockchain. It's the reason why I love bitcoin. It has a round the clock security. The blockchain technology protects all your transactions.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:36:43 PM

definitely obvously its really really secure in terms of this price value bitcoin continue the power in the decentralized cryptocurrency world and bitcoin very secure in term of security for online crypto cuurencies even the hacker i don't believe it the bitcoin goes hack i'm sure the dev's of crytpocurrency are the hard private for the security of the system.

btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:39:08 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers
I think it will stay for long because of many good reason as i see,  bitcoin provides opportunity to many people and they used it to easy earnings.

See many governments are accepting Bitcoin as a legal currency in some countries so we have a bright future to people who are holding Bitcoins.
Bitcoins are very popular currency and has provided many opportunities to people around the globe.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:47:45 PM

Yes bitcoin is really secure. no one can steal bitcoin, except for our own carelessness. Smiley
The government can not be that easy to ban bitcoin transactions, because bitcoin is the future.

Im somewhat disagree in what you say, government can hire different masters in technology to kill this forum but since it is unique in a sense that it genuinely sprout few years ago and now making itself popular for it benefits and profit that you can get, bitcoin is somehow secure because untill now, it is decentralized and I believe even the government  has no power to take control in it and also to steal credentials.
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:01:54 PM

yes bitcoin is really secure,in our county bitcoin is not legal but I hope this kind of problem will be solve. very important think is bitcoin can be change your life if you proper used it.

Raven91

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:02:48 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
Yes bitcoin is really secure because bitcoin is legal and bitcoin was already tested It was known as one of the legit online websites that people can use in able to have an income.
Lamisa asfiya

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:15:33 PM

Yes,bitcoin  is really secure. It's security depends on ourselves. If we keep our bitcoin in secure wallet.such as,blockchian.Noone can hack this.so, it could be secure.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:17:47 PM

Hello pals,
Yes bitcoin is really secure because bitcoin was already tested by many people and bitcoin was a legit thing.Bitcoin was secured and is tested to be secured.
ybsok

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:18:56 PM

The existing security design of bitcoin mainly uses SHA-256 and secp256k1, which are considered as security encryption algorithms, and the reasons are adequate. Banks, financial institutions, including NSA, are also used. But the main thing to ignore is that in the centralized system (existing banks), that's enough, because the center can always fix and upgrade the system. But in this non centralized financial system, any one of these links is broken and is broken for the whole system. Just like Wang Xiaoyun, a teacher at the Shandong University, MD5 was safe and effective before hitting MD5, but after the break, we saw who was streaking. Imagine that if secp256k1 was breached, it would be like you could get all of your bank passwords and card numbers, and the bank wouldn't be able to report the loss. All the currencies were not as good as the waste paper. Don't say the private key can't be cracked, and the quantum computer hacking the private key is only a question of industrialization.
ybsok

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:25:44 PM

Hello pals,
Yes bitcoin is really secure because bitcoin was already tested by many people and bitcoin was a legit thing.Bitcoin was secured and is tested to be secured.
I think it's safe enough at this stage. But technology continues to improve and, once quantum computing becomes popular, bitcoin may no longer be safe
dragonusa9

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:27:21 PM

bitcoin is secure sir, its not gonna hacked easily by hacker. cause they hardly get your private key for your wallet nowadays
so i dont think that goverment gonna ban bitcoin because hacker, but if that not suitable for the country maybe they gonna ban it like USA
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:31:51 PM

Yes,bitcoin  is really secure. It's security depends on ourselves. If we keep our bitcoin in secure wallet.such as,blockchian.Noone can hack this.so, it could be secure.
I agree, bitcoin is secure I'm always using bitcoin and do transactions so I feel secured and safe my account. That's true just keep the account all your private keys, password all is well and secured. Thus, bitcoin is going strong until today and safe.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:32:03 PM

Bitcoin itself is secure but your bitcoin is only as secure as you make it, you have to make sure you take all the right steps to secure your bitcoin.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:35:17 PM

Hello pals,

There is a possibility that it will be banned if there is too much illegal being transacted using bitcoin in deepweb but as you can see market in deepweb will still run even if bitcoin is not there, so banning bitcoin will not be the solution because illegal doings will still remain even after banning bitcoin for that reason. So if you assume that it will be banned do not worry as long as there are lots of investors defending bitcoin there won't be a problem regarding governments.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

TheGodFather

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:36:10 PM

bitcoin is secure sir, its not gonna hacked easily by hacker. cause they hardly get your private key for your wallet nowadays
so i dont think that goverment gonna ban bitcoin because hacker, but if that not suitable for the country maybe they gonna ban it like USA
Yes i am agree with you. I have been saving my bitcoin for about year or years i think. But then again i didnt feel or i dont have any issues about it but instead i trusting bitcoin so much and i have a faith on it. So put your trust in bitcoin too. It can make you rich and it can help you very much indeed.
Pasnik

Activity: 649

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:36:17 PM

Bitcoin itself is secure but your bitcoin is only as secure as you make it, you have to make sure you take all the right steps to secure your bitcoin.
Yes in order your bitcoin is secure just keep and hold your own personal data. Everything is secured just follow the needed things to do and ofcourse be careful on your own account then nothing will happen.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
supercops

Activity: 589
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:37:37 PM

Bitcoin can be secure if it wanted to be.
Look at the alt coins which are proclaimed to be 100% secure.
They were built on bitcoin so if they can be I am sure bitcoin can be if it really wanted to be.

▄███▄
       ▄████████
    ▄██████▀▀▀███
 ▄██████▀      ▀▀███▄
▀▀███████▄▄       ▀██▀
    ▀████████▄▄
       ▀█████████▄
          ▀▀████████▄
  ▄██▄▄       ▀▀███████▄▄
 ▀███▄▄      ▄██████▀
    ███▄▄▄██████▀
       ████████▀
          ▀███▀
.Sobit.[
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
CN - EN
⬢  Twitter
⬢  Facebook
⬢  Reddit
]
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:47:41 PM

Yes bitcoin is really secure. no one can steal bitcoin, except for our own carelessness. Smiley
The government can not be that easy to ban bitcoin transactions, because bitcoin is the future.

I'm sorry to disagree since everything can be hacked nowadays. A good example of it is SONY, For sure SONY has everything to protect their servers. But they too didn't expect that their walls are already breached. In terms of carelessness, I guess it's part of our human nature. We are not perfect though. The Government can easily manipulate the market of Bitcoin, they apply laws to prevent transactions. The idea of Bitcoin is the future is very much enlightening but as far as I know, Bitcoin is still in the process of acceptance. Bitcoin is not yet accepted worldwide, even to those countries that accepted it, only selected businesses thus accept Bitcoin as payment.
There is quite a possibility that Bitcoin system can crash by having hacker's and some issues on management. But I also believe that if that time will happen to Bitcoin I am sure that further development and improvements can be made before it happened. So the nest thing to do is to consider on continuing our support to Bitcoin for its system and security develop  as a part of our support on transaction and daily usage of Bicoin.
severaldetails

Activity: 959

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:54:18 PM

I'm sorry to disagree since everything can be hacked nowadays. A good example of it is SONY, For sure SONY has everything to protect their servers. But they too didn't expect that their walls are already breached. In terms of carelessness, I guess it's part of our human nature. We are not perfect though. The Government can easily manipulate the market of Bitcoin, they apply laws to prevent transactions. The idea of Bitcoin is the future is very much enlightening but as far as I know, Bitcoin is still in the process of acceptance. Bitcoin is not yet accepted worldwide, even to those countries that accepted it, only selected businesses thus accept Bitcoin as payment.
There is quite a possibility that Bitcoin system can crash by having hacker's and some issues on management. But I also believe that if that time will happen to Bitcoin I am sure that further development and improvements can be made before it happened. So the nest thing to do is to consider on continuing our support to Bitcoin for its system and security develop  as a part of our support on transaction and daily usage of Bicoin.
In my experience the biggest problem is always sitting in front of the computer.
The human factor is what most hackers exploit.
Some people use ordinary passwords, don't update their systems, brows trash sites and wonder why they suddenly have a keylogger on their system.
I think it's impossible to write a program that can access bitcoin wallets.
But I think it is very well possibel to write programs that exploit the human weaknesses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: