Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:34:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21545 times)
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:18:57 AM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers
Yes bitcoin is very secure.And in bitcoin blockchain technology is use since 2009.And in blockchain technology the many computers are connect with each other so i think it's impossible to hack the blockchain technology.And don't worry if your  government ban the bitcoins beacause you can also buy/sell the bitcoins into international markets and earn your profit.
No, I don't think so! Be carefully if your government have banned Bitcoin or trade cryptocurrency. They have many tools to track your activity without access your computer directly. Example track your activity through internet provider, this is one of methods to help they know the activity of criminal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:21:13 AM

I think bitcoin is really secure. Many people proved how so amazing the security of bitcoin. When it comes to money you can or I can surely trust to save it here. If you know how bitcoin works you can help it to make it more secure. Just trust bitcoin.
There is no doubt in it because the bitcoin is getting famous day by day and the bitcoin is now making the high value and the profit I hope the bitcoin is going to change the life and I am very sure the bitcoin will give you the right time and I hope the bitcoin is going to increase the power of the bitcoin, I know how fast the bitcoin is increasing and I can see the growth of the bitcoin will give you the proper monthly savings.
Dewi08

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:26:34 AM

I think it is secure as long as: You don't keep your bitcoins in exchange, You aren't dumb and keep your codes safe, You don't have viruses. Bitcoin security depends on us, as long as we do not tell our passwords, our Bitcoin remains safe.

It's true what you say, but if we activate 2FA it will be much safer and email using 2FA will keep security awake it is in need to keep your bitcoin, and that's the only way, so bitcoin is not easy to steal ...
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:17:43 PM

to call the bitcoin safe or not depends on the person who plays it, if the person is cautious it will be safe, otherwise, the bitcoin will become unsafe.
for the system I think it is very safe, because that knows only the user only.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:11:25 AM

it appears to me that bitcoin might be less secure than originally thought thanks to all the forks and attacks
Yes bitcoin is secure but in the terms of transactions only. This is because it is somewhat a pseudo anonymous and hence any transaction made in terms of digital currencies could not be traced and all the information regarding the dealer of the coins is kept highly secured and confidential.

But if we say about the price fluctuation, then this is something to get worried about as a bitcoiner because you never know what tomorrow would be like.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:24:20 AM

The safety of your bitcoin accounts depends upon how you manage your bitcoin it will vary upon how you let it not be steal or get access by someone else so basically it depends upon our usage and management of it. If it will he ban by the governement then we'll have no say about it but the illegal transaction can be prevented by us cooperating to one another in order to prevent this scammers from destroy our bitcoin community.
For me it is totally secure and nobody can use my coin until and unless I share my private key to them in past investors were worried from the hackers but no security of wallets is so strong that dark web people will never access to the btc and bitcoin is most secure at this time so don’t trust anyone and don’t let anyone to know your private key otherwise you will be cheated in front of you and you can’t do anything.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:30:28 AM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
Last time, many people are asking me about what am i doing why i am earning some money and i am telling them that i am doing bitcoin.  Bitcoin is introduced by my friends to me that this will help me to earn some income.
Rahul5577

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:43:34 PM

Yes bitcoin is really secure. No one can steal bitcoin, except for our own carelessness. Bitcoin is totally secured in your wallet. Its depend on you how keep safe your privet key or wallet Backup.
So take care and have back up to your wallet. Bitcoin is safe unless we don't keep the security properly.
Bitcoin is the most secure cryptocurrency in the online world.
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:52:03 PM

Bitcoin is secured obviously if you save its private details in secure place.  Block chain coinbase are most safest wallet for bitcoin. They are safe and secure. Bitcoin security depends on you. Noone can steal bitcoin if you don't share your details to anyone & keep them in secured place

gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:19:28 AM

for me its a big yes! bitcoin is very secure, bitcoin has its own security, do you think if bitcoin is not safe , will some people will invest here , bitcoin still rising ,bitcoin is still increasing its price, bitcoin is great, some millionaire invest in bitcoin, dont you think bitcoin is scam ? or not secure?
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:31:05 AM

Bitcoin is secure as long you do not give or don't let anyone know your private key. I suggest do not connect your device in public places just to be secure.
cah ndablek

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:42:40 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin is safe because we can generate revenue from various programs in it every month.Actually safe or not depends on the behavior of a person in determining all his actions in a hurry or to be patient.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

edir_ruvall

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:47:51 AM

Safe. Bitcoin transactions safe because of blockchain (onchain) technology. There is no server that can be hacked
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:12:53 AM

Hello pals,
That's the biggest question for everyone How much secure is bitcoin, as far as security is concerned all the users protect their account by password and also OTP how about providing patterns,  secret security question so providing all these may secure for using.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:34:47 AM

There are some mistakes here, man! Hacker can hack your key of wallets but they can't hack Bitcoin. If you store your coins carefully in cold wallet. I thing it is safe.

cingles9413

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:35:05 AM

no way i couldnt beluve that
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:39:24 AM

Bro u can use Trezor ot Ledger Nano wallets to protect your money if you do not trust exchanges and online wallets. Money will be stored on a flash card which will be accessed only by you

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Zongxian

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:46:02 PM

No bitcoin is not secure because it is an open source everyone can read the code and know anything about it i think you are asking if the wallets are secure then yes if you use a good one.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:31:44 PM

Hello pals,
That's the biggest question for everyone How much secure is bitcoin, as far as security is concerned all the users protect their account by password and also OTP how about providing patterns,  secret security question so providing all these may secure for using.
You do not need to worry about the security function of Bitcoin wallet can provides for Bitcoin user. You can use 2FA or private key with encrypt. As long as you know the method to keep safe your account internet banking, not difficult to protect and keep safe your Bitcoin.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
johntradez

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:37:49 PM

Hello pals,

The blockchain cannot be hacked so to speak but it is vulnerable to a 51% attack which would entail 51% of the miners working together to create their own false version of the Bitcoin blockchain. This is incredibly unlikely now given the tremendous amount of electrical power and coordination between parties required to do so. However it is possible. I see this happening if a few of the big government powers decided they want to eliminate Bitcoin. They would have enough power to do this. But at this point in time Bitcoin is secure for all intents and purposes.

Note that this does not mean Bitcoin is anonymous or private whatsoever. It is a public ledger.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: