Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 02:40:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21551 times)
wanimulyo

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers

bitcoin is very secured. its transactions cannt be tracked
Birdiebig

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:53:55 PM

Of course, bitcoin is safe and suitable for the purpose of securing information with the highest level of security. Up to this point, blockchain and bitcoin have not listed any security holes. Use bitcoin to send and receive quickly with scanned code. Absolutely information is sent.
wertanto

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:57:52 PM

bitcoin is safe. for 10 years he was not able to crack.bitcoin is anonymous and is not subject to the governments
faiz1998

Activity: 250
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:02:53 PM

I think bitcoin secured or not secured is that depend on us. If we save on cold wallet and store to the save place. Example safety deposit box. It will be save. If you save your bitcoin on hot wallet ( website ). If this website got hacked. You will be lost your bitcoin.
Sorry if my english bad Cheesy

◄  JUST NEWBIE ►
◄ we never sleep alone ►◄ because i have pillow ►
please dont judge me or bullying me
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:10:16 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?

In my perspective bitcoin is not very secured, since nowadays there is no secured account, of your account become the target of the hackers, even how long your password is, or security code it has they can still bypass it. I have read some articles regarding with bitcoin has been hacked.
rokergila01

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:21:56 PM

Hello pals,
Temporarily secure because the owner created a special code called "private key". This line of code is stored in a "wallet" or a digital wallet. When it will be used, then the owner accesses the code and uses it for the transaction.
joganuts

Activity: 355
Merit: 100

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:37:19 PM

yes, bitcoin is secure, considering the fact, that before you obtain a bitcoin, you will need to have a wallet, the wallet itself is generated through codes, and you need to have a password, a pin, or a passphrase for you just to access your wallet. The wallet itself being encrypted gives you security already, then once you have a bitcoin to store in your wallet, you will also need your passwords or access to send your bitcoins, also your bitcoins has its own algorithm, hackers will have a hard time to get your bitcoins, just make sure the wallet that you have is secured, don;t give away the important details for your wallet and take care of where you are storing your coins, be it a desktop wallet or a ledger, don't be careless.

Though scammers and fraud had been evolving, so as the technology that secures online transactions. There are now regent process in place just by accessing your wallet that keeps your bitcoin. I think it would be humans carelessness that willbjeopardize their own bitcoin. Phishing and fraud is something everyone should be cautious.

gandhe83

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:43:23 PM

Of course, bitcoin is safe and suitable for the purpose of securing information with the highest level of security. Up to this point, blockchain and bitcoin have not listed any security holes. Use bitcoin to send and receive quickly with scanned code. Absolutely information is sent.

Yes, I agree. Bitcoin really good security and high security. Of course, to ensure the use of bitcoin, there should be measures to prevent privacy, telephone, email .when sending and receiving should be very careful because there will be no recovery process if sent wrong.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:58:23 AM

[...]

In my perspective bitcoin is not very secured, since nowadays there is no secured account, of your account become the target of the hackers, even how long your password is, or security code it has they can still bypass it. I have read some articles regarding with bitcoin has been hacked.

Considering the date (April 1), are you sure it wasn't an April Fool joke? Tongue

You shouldn't really conflate the security of the Bitcoin network with, what often amounts to, lack of adequate security practices from individual users and services. It's true that there have been a number of attacks on Bitcoin over the years, but none that the network hasn't been well able to cope with - see https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Common_Vulnerabilities_and_Exposures for more details.
Royal Jelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

ECOSTART

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:03:21 AM

Bitcoin is not really safe, because the wallet account is still vulnerable to hackers. If hackers can still hack and steal bitcoin means the system still needs to be fixed. It would be better to use wallet hardware to minimize the risk of hacker attacks.

E C O S T A R T | WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET
https://eco-start.com/
dirham99

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:06:31 AM

Yes bitcoin is really secure. no one can steal bitcoin, except for our own carelessness. Smiley
The government can not be that easy to ban bitcoin transactions, because bitcoin is the future.

I agree with you mate, bitcoin is easy and secure. it's prospective in future.
kusach01

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:07:47 AM

Bitcoin is really secure if we keep safely with care .Before starting bitcoin we have to create a wallet for security we can keep the bitcoin secure by using codes and numbers as passwords so it will be difficult for hackers to track it. There is also chances for the government to bring some limitations due to the misuse  .As humans are not perfect in all sense and the internet is accessible to all there will be  chances for hackers.
perfryan

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:16:31 AM

Hello pals,

Bitcoin is really secure yesss it is it depends for us.
Bitcoin is imposible to steal.require significantly more effort in the part of user
Bitcoin wallets i hear some issue of that.there some chance that the currency could be stolen
And its happen.more countrys banned bitcoin like China but most of people like to use crypto as part of they profits.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:22:04 AM

Bitcoin is not really safe, because the wallet account is still vulnerable to hackers. If hackers can still hack and steal bitcoin means the system still needs to be fixed. It would be better to use wallet hardware to minimize the risk of hacker attacks.

But you understand that those are two different things, right?

The Bitcoin network is as safe as they come. The various wallets and services that are built on top (and how safely you use them) is another story altogether - but they have no impact on how safe the underlying technology of the network is.
LetsTalkMoneyxD

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:30:47 PM

Yes the blockchain is secure, transactions though are susceptible to double spends, and wallets can be hacked if not properly secured.
WesternCowboyBibop

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:31:07 PM

Just keep and protect your private key in order to keep it secure. Dont just trust a friend with it because who knew that they might get your bitcoins especially when you have a lot of bitcoins. and Generally speaking,bitcoin is surely secured.
infested

Activity: 160

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:34:18 PM

Hello pals,

Bitcoin is extremely secure as it is already battle hardened vs hackers spam attacks etc. for many years. The only possibe threat could be quantum computers in the future and even for that most crypto teams are already developing solutions.

As for the governments banning crypto at this point its almost impossible to happen since they have already expressed they want this technology to create jobs and innovation. They will just regulate it.
Lee Junseo

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:41:41 PM

I think bitcoin is very safe, but there are times when we have to prevent the worst possible, indeed to access the wallet in need of lots of code to be able to access it of course it is very helpful to improve security bitcoin we have, and be careful because many web fhishing scattered , for the use of bitcoin it's a relief where we all use it, if you use it in a positive way I think it will have good effect for you, and the reverse, government ban for bitcoin I think it will not happen, because it will be many parties who are harmed in this case, certainly those who depend on bitcoin to meet their needs.  Smiley
handsomes

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:05:06 PM

in this situation nothing secure bitcoin because of the hacker scamming and etc. you will protect your address like etherium do not just give it to other people because you will chance the hacker hack your tokken or bitcoin.
Rileygss

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:16:52 PM

I think,Bitcoin is very secure no one will hack your bitcoin. it depends on the user on how he/she keep the phrase password and private key. this are important factiors that we should keep. Bitcoin is more srecure than banks.. by trasansaction itself no one will hack blockchain though things are valuable there.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: