Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [RPX] Red Pulse Token – Next Generation Intelligence and Content Ecosystem  (Read 81106 times)
mayadin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:36:07 AM

Something was wrong and it was not the fault of the investors.
The given instructions were clear, and everyone adhered to these.

Now they saying, you know what, actually, it is block time and not the real clock time.

This is just fraud. period.
BeyondDeception

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:13:37 PM

RPX Sale
Official Statement on
2nd Contribution Period

I know there's been a lot of frustration and unhappiness regarding start of the second period of our RPX sale. As stated previously, during this first period, the cap was set at 1,000USD (27 NEO). At the conclusion of this first hour, the cap was lifted to 50,000USD (1,352 NEO). Consequently, many people who wanted to invest more, waited until the second period to invest more.

People who contributed NEO as part of block 1445025, were not considered by the smart contract to be part of the second period of participation yet. However, those that were part of block 144026, and going forward, were included. The reason for this is because smart contract timestamps are deterministic, meaning that it must output the same result, given the same input. In NEP-5 standard, the code used is:

uint now = Blockchain.GetHeader(Blockchain.GetHeight()).Timestamp;

Executing this line gets the timestamp of the PREVIOUS block, because that is the only way all the nodes can agree on what "now" actually means, since the current block 1445025 was still in progress. For everyone that contributed as part of block 144025, the "now" parameter was returned as 2017-10-08 13:59:50 GMT, outside the window of the second period. When the next block 1445026 began, the "now" parameter was then returned as 2017-10-08 14:01:44 GMT, which is within the window of the second period.

Regarding automatic refunds, we were unable to do this as a refund function could only be accomplished with implicit transaction outputs. The NEO blockchain was not designed to have implicit transaction outputs for global assets (such as NEO), because it would bring a number of problems and risk to the SPV protocol. After consulting with the NEO core dev team, the next steps for them are: NEO will provide a trigger mechanism, so that future smart contracts can refuse a transaction upon receiving a global asset transfer at a certain condition. This way, there is no need for refund, because the asset would not be accepted in the first place.

For Red Pulse our next steps are to focus on refunds. I understand the sensitivity regarding having your NEO tied up, so I'm prioritizing the refunds above all else, and personally working around the clock to process them. I aim to have these completed within a week.

Thank you everyone for your understanding, and I apologize for any misunderstanding and inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Jonathan Ha
Founder & CEO, Red Pulse

Then your directions, which were authored by red pulse, should have indicated 9:02 EDT instead of 9:00 EDT. You've cost me money, time, frustrations, lack of GAS collection, NEO tanking, etc. all because you failed when writing your directions, not us. If you would have honored your directions and given us red pulse when we executed the send, per your requirements, or made it right in some way I would be fine. However, you have not, which only highlights your inability to be a CEO of any company. There are numerous ways of making this right, but instead you have given us a half ass response without even the fortitude of taking responsibility for your screw up. This isn't CEO material. A CEO does not shirk is responsibilities, successes or failures of his company. And it is very hard to support any company with a CEO lacking such qualities.
BeyondDeception

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:16:01 PM

RPX statement is weak asf.

A lot of people bought NEO due to the ico and now you're screwed. Accepting NEO for the ico is a pump attempt and screwing up the ICO time-stamp is another attempt to force people to dump the neo for loss.

If you bought $50k worth of NEO for the ico, you already lost $10,000 and this shit will dump to $20 or less by the time you got your refund.

Red Pulse Team should have open source the contract code and be precise about the time stamp.

Give block 1445025 their RPX token.

Hmmm... I think maybe they should give people in the first 10 seconds (?) their tokens- to take into account  the timestamp.

The refund timing issue -is an issue I am not saying it isn't...

BUT ....using logic

Red Pulse doesn't care how much OUR NEO are worth - they sold 1000 RPX for 1 NEO and they did NOT SELL 1000 RPX  for $34 !! what the price of OUR NEO is ,is of no concern to them...if you sent 100 NEO - you are owed 100 NEO !! nota USD amount!

Let me put it to you another way say you sent 100 NEO at $35 (worth $3500) so you could buy 10,000RPX and transaction failed and you are due a refund - say there was a 2 day refund delay...

Say that during those two days NEO went UP in price from $35 to £55

What would you expect your refund to be ? (apart from speedy)

Would you expect back 100 NEO with a value of $5500 ( I WOULD,if the sale was RPX for NEO only with no dollar exchange)

........or would you expect only approx 63.636363 NEO coins back ?  i.e 63.636363 NEO @ $55=$3500? this is what you invested right? so tough luck you are  out of 36.37 NEO?

YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS !! the fact you were paying with NEO at a 1000 RPX to 1 NEO ratio was perfectly clear !!

Also ... whilst RPX don't care about the dollar value of OUR NEO - they sure do  care about the dollar value of THEIR NEO! They raised funds in NEO and have no advantage gainedby NEO going down in price at all, so I do not buy the pump and dump theory (also the rest of the markets have also pulled back)

There are  a few people, in the first few seconds of the 2nd hour, that possibly could argue for the tokens.. or at least the speediest of refunds.

Thing is no one is guaranteed RPX and no one has the RIGHT to RPX or any token during an ICO - you can think otherwise but you will only be upsetting yourself Wink

The thing that is your right is to have any refunds processed in a timely and reasonable fashion

All the newbie accounts popping up to have a whinge ....  Cool

JUST TO BE CLEAR !  REFUND POLICY SHOULD HAVE BEEN  PUBLIC FROM THE START AND LAID OUT IN ADVANCE  HOW
WHEN AND IF A REFUND WOULD BE NECESSARY !! THIS SHOULD BE A TAKE AWAY FOR ALL SMART CONTRACT CREATORS

(ps REFUNDS  TO THOSE WHO GOT CAUGHT OUT BY TIMESTAMP SHOULD BE PROCESSED FIRST AND IN VERY SHORT ORDER!)

(pps Crypto hint - don't sell at a loss - use foresight and mitigate your own risks and losses)

I was literally 16 seconds from getting red pulse. I waited on purpose 1 minute and 30 seconds - time stamp was 1401:44. This whole thing is bullshit and they don't even have fortitude to apologize for not taking this into consideration in their directions, authored by them!

And apparently he was asked if it was block time or real time - his response real time. There's a slack screen shot of his conversation, which makes it worse!
mayadin

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:27:02 PM

I don't think the whole point is about the dollar value of the NEO sent, or the lost GAS it got generated.

That's the less of anybody's concern at this stage.

The real issue is it stinks, and it smells fraudulous at the least.

People on Slack at that time were given some insights. The subreddit is full of anger.
MARIUS848

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:42:51 PM

The team must give the tokens to the people from block 025! I think they don't do that because in that block are a lot of neo sent and they don't have  that much tokens to give!
If they don't deliver the tokens from block 025 they are fraud
kazanchev

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:50:36 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 01:01:17 PM by kazanchev

I don't think the whole point is about the dollar value of the NEO sent, or the lost GAS it got generated.

People on Slack at that time were given some insights. The subreddit is full of anger.

Just stop talking about "slack people". Don't be a moron (you are). This thread is full of pussies. So sick of them.

P.S. everybody cares about multiplying their money and doesn't care about the project.
dArX

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:12:39 PM

Just stop talking about "slack people". Don't be a moron (you are). This thread is full of pussies. So sick of them.

P.S. everybody cares about multiplying their money and doesn't care about the project.

Lets put it that way: RedPulse just cares about their money, and sends out faulty instructions so only the Slack members got informed by last minute.

And whos trusting slack? LOL
kazanchev

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:16:57 PM

Lets put it that way: RedPulse just cares about their money, and sends out faulty instructions so only the Slack members got informed by last minute.

1.Everybody could've join slack.
2.There were no special instructions.
3.General slack channel was closed due to a bunch of spamming a-holes.
4. Announcements channel is legit.
mayadin

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:20:48 PM

Can you explain why? it seems to be some guy posted "2nd window opens in few minutes" or some thing similar to this..

But was there any build up to this i.e "GUYS WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS LATE TO CONFUSE THE NEEWBIES WITH OUR CUNNING PLAN OF NO LETTING THOSE IN THE FIRST FEW SECONDS GET THEIR TOKENS?? WAIT FOR MY SPECIAL BUT VERY VAGUE SIGNAL"

Serious question? ^^ did that occur?

It seems to me that there is a suggestion that Red Pulse wanted a few select few to have more tokens.. ermm really?
because if that IS the case Red Pulse could have literally offered those tokens  to them at anytime in any fashion! they could have created a different structure entirely to their offering or even done it outside of their ICO offering... that would be a  far more simple measure to ensure that their "special chosen ones" got their coins!!

Don't ya think -using logic and deploying Occam's razor here that is a  bit....unrealistic

Frankly if they wanted to allocate coins to a certain group they could have done so  in many ways without playing this rube goldberg style cunning plan -which actually offered no real GUARANTEED advantage to any one specifically in my opinion.

Also worth remembering... how much was actually left in the 2nd  hour? not a whole lot.

You win some and you lose some

Refunds- and lets move on.

I hear what you're saying, but answer is not simple. We don't know, and doing it outside the crowdsale, to select people, would mean being more fraudulent, and they will have bigger troubles.

What happens in Slack is that one of the RP members, Sombat, said, 3 minuts before the end of hour one, ie. 21.57 Hong Kong time, teh second round start in 5 minutes, which hints towards insider trading.

Bottom line is, time was meant to be time, i.e. a normal clock, watch, webiste cmock, whatever it is, and not being aligned to the Blockchain Block time, which went in 1:45 seconds after the second hour started.
mayadin

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:23:01 PM

What are you doing in this thread in this case?

If you feel happy, that's fine, just move on. We are here discussing, there is no room for bullhit.
kazanchev

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:25:35 PM

What are you doing in this thread in this case?

If you feel happy, that's fine, just move on. We are here discussing, there is no room for bullhit.

Right, there's no room for YOUR bullshit. You are spreading  wrong info and whining like a spoiled child.
dArX

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:34:02 PM

It was just a pure mess. Playing with the investors, but sadly they are marked now. So me as a hodler of RPX this is catastrophal.
It sucks for NEO and RedPulse.. really.. this could of went easily, communication boys. Before the ico they kind of lacked this already.

Its not about not getting the tokens. Its about how they organized it. And it does definately NOT speak for them.
For Raising 15million you could appoint someone who gives out the instructions during the ico day, its not that big of a deal.

As mentioned before

A) they have no clue themself how their contract worked
B) they wanted only their "slack" followers to be able to invest in round 2

my question is: why did they announced it in slack? this is to bring it on paper: insider trading
I know we are in the wildwest and this is the beginning, but beeing compliant not only means KYC also CKY.

Lessons learned, trust noone. Next time do a lottery instead of a timeframe that really is no timeframe.
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:38:07 PM

When tokens will be on exchanges? And wich exchanges? I missed this ICO, because I dont have invite  Undecided
kazanchev

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:41:51 PM

It was just a pure mess. Playing with the investors, but sadly they are marked now. So me as a hodler of RPX this is catastrophal.
It sucks for NEO and RedPulse.. really.. this could of went easily, communication boys. Before the ico they kind of lacked this already.

Its not about not getting the tokens. Its about how they organized it. And it does definately NOT speak for them.
For Raising 15million you could appoint someone who gives out the instructions during the ico day, its not that big of a deal.

As mentioned before

A) they have no clue themself how their contract worked
B) they wanted only their "slack" followers to be able to invest in round 2

my question is: why did they announced it in slack? this is to bring it on paper: insider trading
I know we are in the wildwest and this is the beginning, but beeing compliant not only means KYC also CKY.

Lessons learned, trust noone. Next time do a lottery instead of a timeframe that really is no timeframe.

Sombat said that second round would start in 5 minutes. It was just a reminder. But there is a lot of tinfoil conspiracy guys who think that it was some secret message for "slack followers only". This is pure bullshit.
ATTILIO82

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:02:39 PM

They have not been corrected and are just apologizing for who knows who ... never then the subscription form went down is no longer necessary?
dArX

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:53:28 PM

Attack of the neewbies lol

Nothing to see here TBH.

Its all quite simple!

The slack channel advantage is just a load of crapola

Reality is Redpulse  could  have dealt with timestamp issue differently- but they didn't.

They needed to have a better refund policy.

It would have been better to have not had to use a specific  new wallet with a long sync time

Lots of people didn't get tokens in  2nd hour - myself  included and tough shit tbh IMO

The NEO chain and the platform and the wallet performed perfectly... super fast, solid, stable, no crash, and as for the NEON  wallet- that was  a breeze.

People shouting scam are hysterical IMO - it is total nonsense- and of course no surprise it is the attack of the neewbie accounts! lol seen this before a million times.

People want to drive this down on release to exchanges to acquire more coins before inevitable price increase... I also had a nightmare with CIVIC (the guess the gas game yay!) and  it  was the same  after that... people hysterical/ feigning outrage/ screaming scam! and look what happened there!  

Its the same after EVERY ICO - people feeling hard done by, and the attackof the neewbie accounts and trolls..

Seen it all before.

Anyway ...

Refunds.

so what should this industry learn? FROM THEIR MISTAKES so the big crowed will join!

and how do they do it?  if icos like this get cancelled and banned by governments, easy as that!  Play by the rules boys!

empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:56:34 PM

Yeah feedback and accountability is one thing...when its constructive and useful

Screaming scam and foul play when there is none ..is just a nonsense.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:12:27 PM

I have to say that I really liked the ico process and the whole  information flow. Constant information load via email and the 1 hour window was nice!
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:14:27 PM

Attack of the neewbies lol

Nothing to see here TBH.

Its all quite simple!

The slack channel advantage is just a load of crapola

Reality is Redpulse  could  have dealt with timestamp issue differently- but they didn't.

They needed to have a better refund policy.

It would have been better to have not had to use a specific  new wallet with a long sync time

Lots of people didn't get tokens in  2nd hour - myself  included and tough shit tbh IMO

The NEO chain and the platform and the wallet performed perfectly... super fast, solid, stable, no crash, and as for the NEON  wallet- that was  a breeze.

People shouting scam are hysterical IMO - it is total nonsense- and of course no surprise it is the attack of the neewbie accounts! lol seen this before a million times.

People want to drive this down on release to exchanges to acquire more coins before inevitable price increase... I also had a nightmare with CIVIC (the guess the gas game yay!) and  it  was the same  after that... people hysterical/ feigning outrage/ screaming scam! and look what happened there!  

Its the same after EVERY ICO - people feeling hard done by, and the attackof the neewbie accounts and trolls..

Seen it all before.

Anyway ...

Refunds.

I totally agree here. The first round was perfect. The second needed luck that's true. But I think the handle it really smooth
Crazytrader

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:42:45 PM

1 : Misleading information that makes hundred of thousands USD of prejudice
2 : Unfair advantage who allow a small group of selected people to earn more money

This is more than enough to start legal action and there is no doubt this ICO gonna need to correct the shot. The consequences will most probably be canceling of RedPulse ICO and refund at ICO price. Like it happened in every similar case.

This post is not biased i don't have any NEO stuck and i have RPX tokens. I just have legal experience and will dump my RPX as soon as i can because the people who will own RPX when this gonna happen will only receive ICO price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: