Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:38:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vuhoang4gia

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:05:38 AM

I hope that  that it is going to become a new age hub for the black market. Cool
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:14:40 PM

For those who required Linux wallet: I just compiled the linux wallet with the updated information in README.md.
It works! I will buy some to stake.  Grin

Just follow these steps:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre
cd spectre
./install_boost_1_67  # only necessary on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc. If you have installed Boost 1_67 before, you may ignore this command for now
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-gui --with-qt5=/path/to/qt/version/compiler  # leave out --enable-gui to build only the console wallet
make

Thanks mate, I'll check it out!!

The wallet works smoothly. And the stake is also working.
However, Cryptopia sucks. I bought some XSPEC and withdraw them yesterday. My XSPEC is still under processing for over 24 hours.

XSPEC will require some big and friendly exchange other than Cryptopia.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 04:27:14 PM

I hope that  that it is going to become a new age hub for the black market. Cool

I hope that  that it is going to become a new age hub for all markets.  Roll Eyes

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:33:00 PM

For those who required Linux wallet: I just compiled the linux wallet with the updated information in README.md.
It works! I will buy some to stake.  Grin

Just follow these steps:

cd spectre
./install_boost_1_67  # only necessary on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc. If you have installed Boost 1_67 before, you may ignore this command for now
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-gui --with-qt5=/path/to/qt/version/compiler  # leave out --enable-gui to build only the console wallet
make

However, Cryptopia sucks. I bought some XSPEC and withdraw them yesterday. My XSPEC is still under processing for over 24 hours.

No, staking doesn't work. I have not received anything since 18th April, that is 6 weeks ago. And I have my computer 24/7 online because I mine on it. The wallet even says "staking".
This coin is a fucking joke and being shilled by people like it's second Jesus coming.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:23:35 PM

No, staking doesn't work. I have not received anything since 18th April, that is 6 weeks ago. And I have my computer 24/7 online because I mine on it. The wallet even says "staking".
This coin is a fucking joke and being shilled by people like it's second Jesus coming.

Staking is like mining with your balance - if you have a low balance, it will take ages until you get a block reward. It's similar to mining Bitcoin with a Raspberry Pi - just because you never get any rewards doesn't mean that the system itself does not work. I would recommend you to learn more about Proof of Stake: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/tutorials/wiki/Proof-of-Stake

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:55:03 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 03:33:09 AM by Bitman86

A Moderator please:

@Nebell is a well known FUDer here, staking works very well, he does not need another answer, he needs a Moderator.

size_m

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:17:32 PM

Staking is like mining with your balance - if you have a low balance, it will take ages until you get a block reward. It's similar to mining Bitcoin with a Raspberry Pi - just because you never get any rewards doesn't mean that the system itself does not work. I would recommend you to learn more about Proof of Stake: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/tutorials/wiki/Proof-of-Stake
it works, yes.
but there doesn't seem to be a fair mechanism (if any at all) to compensate for not accepted stake rewards.
i for example have had really bad luck with not accepted stake rewards until now.
i don't get a reward very often because i'm only staking little over 500 xspec but most of the times when i got one it was not accepted.
so i think there should be some kind of compensation for not accepted stake rewards within the pos system.
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:09:11 AM

it works, yes.
but there doesn't seem to be a fair mechanism (if any at all) to compensate for not accepted stake rewards.
i for example have had really bad luck with not accepted stake rewards until now.
i don't get a reward very often because i'm only staking little over 500 xspec but most of the times when i got one it was not accepted.
so i think there should be some kind of compensation for not accepted stake rewards within the pos system.

I think you misunderstand the concept of PoS here. The 'not accepted' stake rewards are your mining attempts at "solving" a block. Your wallet will generate PoS transactions constantly using your UTXOs to generate a hash value that is compared to a network generated hash based on numerous values including the last block accepted by the network. This is very much like Bitcoin mining. The 'orphaned' transactions you see are simply PoS transactions generated by your wallet software that do not match the network generated hash value it compared against. In Bitcoin mining, it's similar as the miner generates hash values to compare with a network generated hash value. If you have a very low balance you will be much less likely to generate a "winning" hash value much like a small miner will have a low chance of "solving" a block. When your wallet generates a PoS transaction that meets the network criteria this transaction is accepted by the network and other transactions are added to the block and you get the reward.

So, your wallet is constantly generating PoS transactions and a hash value derived from that transaction, like a Bitcoin miner constantly generates hash values. The algorithm takes into account your balance, so the higher your balance the higher the probability of generating a "winning" block. There is a difficulty adjustment like Bitcoin that aims to control the block generation time.

A lot of people misunderstand PoSv3 so have a look at this: http://earlz.net/view/2017/07/27/1904/the-missing-explanation-of-proof-of-stake-version
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:57:34 AM

Just follow these steps:

cd spectre
./install_boost_1_67  # only necessary on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc. If you have installed Boost 1_67 before, you may ignore this command for now
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-gui --with-qt5=/path/to/qt/version/compiler  # leave out --enable-gui to build only the console wallet
make

My XSPEC withdraw is still under processing in Cryptopia.
Do anyone have any idea about fast the process?
Two days I have already waiting.... Angry
mandica

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:59:13 AM

Just follow these steps:

cd spectre
./autogen.sh
make

My XSPEC withdraw is still under processing in Cryptopia.
Do anyone have any idea about fast the process?
Two days I have already waiting.... Angry

This is an issue for Cryptopia and has nothing to do with us. You need to open a ticket and maybe also ask in the Cryptopia Discord.
size_m

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:24:46 PM

it works, yes.

I think you misunderstand the concept of PoS here. The 'not accepted' stake rewards are your mining attempts at "solving" a block. Your wallet will generate PoS transactions constantly using your UTXOs to generate a hash value that is compared to a network generated hash based on numerous values including the last block accepted by the network. This is very much like Bitcoin mining. The 'orphaned' transactions you see are simply PoS transactions generated by your wallet software that do not match the network generated hash value it compared against. In Bitcoin mining, it's similar as the miner generates hash values to compare with a network generated hash value. If you have a very low balance you will be much less likely to generate a "winning" hash value much like a small miner will have a low chance of "solving" a block. When your wallet generates a PoS transaction that meets the network criteria this transaction is accepted by the network and other transactions are added to the block and you get the reward.

So, your wallet is constantly generating PoS transactions and a hash value derived from that transaction, like a Bitcoin miner constantly generates hash values. The algorithm takes into account your balance, so the higher your balance the higher the probability of generating a "winning" block. There is a difficulty adjustment like Bitcoin that aims to control the block generation time.

A lot of people misunderstand PoSv3 so have a look at this: http://earlz.net/view/2017/07/27/1904/the-missing-explanation-of-proof-of-stake-version
ok, thank you for this informative answer.

but i still like the pos1 version with aging coins better in which you get some more reward the next time when the last one wasn't accepted.
that seems more fair to me because that's like some kind of compensation.

i don't understand why this feature is not included in pos2(or even 3) version anymore.

Nebell

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

I don't buy this "staking theory" people are claiming here.
I have been staking XSPEC since early this year. February and the first half of April I had staking reward every 1-2 weeks. March was broken but I was in Thailand and only able to remotely control my computer. I figured it must've been some bug and didn't want to bother until I came home. So after I came home and updated the wallet and it resumed staking correctly for a few weeks. And the last staking reward I got was 18th April.
If the shit says "9 days for the reward" then that's when I fucking expect my reward. Give or take a week or so, I can forgive.
I'm not a computer illiterate. I build my own custom hardline systems. I know my shit around both hardware and software. Staking ain't working properly. It's broken and no fucking theory is going to prove it otherwise.
And I should not be saying this because I myself own XSPEC, but this is one of the coins that is going to die a horrible death before 2019.

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 11:15:52 PM

I have been staking XSPEC since early this year. February and the first half of April I had staking reward every 1-2 weeks. March was broken but I was in Thailand and only able to remotely control my computer. I figured it must've been some bug and didn't want to bother until I came home. So after I came home and updated the wallet and it resumed staking correctly for a few weeks. And the last staking reward I got was 18th April.
If the shit says "9 days for the reward" then that's when I fucking expect my reward. Give or take a week or so, I can forgive.
I'm not a computer illiterate. I build my own custom hardline systems. I know my shit around both hardware and software. Staking ain't working properly. It's broken and no fucking theory is going to prove it otherwise.
And I should not be saying this because I myself own XSPEC, but this is one of the coins that is going to die a horrible death before 2019.

I already explained how staking works, I'll tell you a nanera easier to understand.
If your time is 9 days, then it is normal to receive, several times in 9 days and it is also normal that you receive today and then spend 45 days before receiving again.
But sure you will receive 5%+ annual guaranteed. So your conclusion: "Give or take a week or so, I can forgive." It's a perfect lack of understanding of how Staking works.
Remember well this: In 2019 Spectrecoin will be much better than now.

mandica

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:52:11 AM

Staking isn't "broken" and if you say it is then be specific about what exactly is broken. The "time to reward" is just an estimate. You will get 5% so if you stake say, 500 XSPEC as was mentioned you would expect around 25 XSPEC per year or around 2.08 XSPEC per month, so you would get maybe 1 stake reward every 35 days on average if you run the wallet 24/7 through a year.

Staking certainly works as you can see from the block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/

I have been staking since 2016 and staking works fine and actually the network has been running perfectly for 1 year and 7 months, no forks, no bullshit and if you look at things like average block time over the last year and difficulty adjustment you can see that staking in XSPEC runs like clock work and that the network adapts as it should. If you look at the total supply, 21,469,748 XSPEC, this is just about spot on for 1 year and 7 months of 5% PoS from an initial supply of 20 mill.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:27:09 AM

If you actually give a shit about a 5% staking return and wanna pick a fight with the Devs...
Then you really need get the hell outa crypto... and be a hairdresser or gardener or chef, whatever.

Since I traded my first XSPEC Jan 25, 2017 for 4000 sat... Bitcoin is up about 800%...
And your typical well managed Crypto Portfolio is up about twice that or roughly 1500%...
And elite spec miners are probably doing 3x that at 5000% or more. Much more.

Oh wow look, XSPEC is back at 4000 sat where I first bought it...
But, luckily, I've traded 257,000 XPEC... buying at an average 4824 sat and selling at an average 5568 sat...
And that almost 2 BTC profit did not magically fall from the sky...   
It was donated by people who buy my bags during Pumps... and fill my bags during Dumps.

Sure this is a sketchy micro-cap with glacial development, but it's "good enough"...
When it comes to zero sum games like crypto... get good or get out Smiley
size_m

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:34:45 PM

Staking isn't "broken" and if you say it is then be specific about what exactly is broken. The "time to reward" is just an estimate. You will get 5% so if you stake say, 500 XSPEC as was mentioned you would expect around 25 XSPEC per year or around 2.08 XSPEC per month, so you would get maybe 1 stake reward every 35 days on average if you run the wallet 24/7 through a year.

Staking certainly works as you can see from the block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/

I have been staking since 2016 and staking works fine and actually the network has been running perfectly for 1 year and 7 months, no forks, no bullshit and if you look at things like average block time over the last year and difficulty adjustment you can see that staking in XSPEC runs like clock work and that the network adapts as it should. If you look at the total supply, 21,469,748 XSPEC, this is just about spot on for 1 year and 7 months of 5% PoS from an initial supply of 20 mill.
by the way, i was the one with the 500+ xspec and not that guy.

so if you say the average stake reward for 500 xspec would be about every 35 days why does the wallet estimate only 10 days (sometimes 11 or even 12 days)?
maybe only this estimation mecanism of the wallet is broken (and not the staking itself).

and how can 5% per year be guaranteed if you can always have bad luck with not accepted rewards?
nothing can be guaranteed if there is luck and bad luck involved...

mandica

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:59:40 AM

by the way, i was the one with the 500+ xspec and not that guy.

so if you say the average stake reward for 500 xspec would be about every 35 days why does the wallet estimate only 10 days (sometimes 11 or even 12 days)?
maybe only this estimation mecanism of the wallet is broken (and not the staking itself).

and how can 5% per year be guaranteed if you can always have bad luck with not accepted rewards?
nothing can be guaranteed if there is luck and bad luck involved...

You still don't understand so you need to read up on this. There is an algorithm that will attempt to keep a certain block time of 60 sec and adjust the difficulty such that a wallet will be able to generate a valid PoS transaction every 60 seconds. In theory, if there is only one wallet staking, this wallet will get every block reward and the difficulty will be adjusted accordingly. As more wallets stake and more PoS blocks are submitted to the network, the difficulty is adjusted. Have a look at the block explorer and you will see that about 2.18 XSPEC is generated in every valid block. This amount is adjusted according to the total supply and if the block time stays at an average of 60 sec you will see a 5% inflation annually. The "not accepted" rewards are blocks generated by your wallet that does not match the hash value it is compared against. Every wallet in the network submits transactions constantly to try and find a valid PoS transaction. It's a bit like mining. Every time your wallet generates a PoS transaction it uses a different UTXO and gets a different hash value. The probability of you getting a reward (that is; you generate a valid PoS transaction) is adjusted with your balance. Look at the 'orphan' chart: Orphans

We can look into how the wallet estimates the time for a reward, but the network is dynamic and the difficulty changes all the time. Nothing is broken but maybe certain things can be improved. It is also important to understand some basic probability and statistics. If you stake 500 XSPEC it could take a very long time for a reward to appear or you could get two rewards in quick succession but the AVERAGE over a long period of time will stabilise at at certain value of a reward every 35 days for example. This could mean that on occasions you will not get a reward for maybe 70 days or more. The algorithms are about probability.
someiotanow

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:43:39 AM

I must say that I'm staking 24/7 for months with no problems and get constant staking rewards as expected. I use version 1.3.5 build from source on a linux machine. So no issues from my side .  Wink
Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:55:21 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2022, 03:05:48 PM by Bitman86

I must say that I'm staking 24/7 for months with no problems and get constant staking rewards as expected. I use version 1.3.5 build from source on a linux machine. So no issues from my side .  Wink

Thank you for the testimony, at this time it was very necessary.
Obviously it should be understood, if all of us here explain that staking works well, it is because for us it also works well, beyond the explanation that we give.
Another thing that should be very clear, the process of staking really does not have any component that depends on luck.
Staking is a variable process (not regular as a function of time) that is why people get confused, think that it should work like a clock and not, the software is not designed in this way.
The software is designed to guarantee 5%+ in all cases.
It is normal to obtain two successive times: "Generated but not accepted" and exceptional to obtain three successive times. In the latter case, you may already think that something,
perhaps, is not right in your own system: hardware, software and also your connection.
Another very important issue, the PoSv3 system works better than previous versions, if you get a: "Generated but not accepted" you did not lose anything,
this should be very clear, because you keep intact your weight of network, and this means that continues in the system demanding its 5% + guaranteed.
As can be seen, "generated but not accepted" indicates to the participant only that it is working well, but as we observe that it produces confusion,
this is what can be improved: in future versions this message / aviso / notice: "Generated but not accepted" it can be eliminated, to avoid confusion.

Nebell

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:17:32 PM

I have completely stopped staking because it doesn't work properly.
There is no way in hell my reward fluctuations are cause by luck or bad luck.

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: