Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:26:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:17:31 PM

I saw the Mac wallet is v. 1.3.8. What's the update of this version?
I cannot see the improve of the wallet yet.

From my understanding the build process for the Mac wallet has been improved to generate more stable binaries.

When upgrading wallets, do you create a backup; delete the old wallet version and then import the .dat file into the new wallet after upgrading?

Upgrading the software has nothing to do with your application data, they are in separate folders. You only have to touch the folder that contains the executable files to upgrade the wallet.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anik191

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:27:55 PM

Hi All,

I have been monitoring the progress of Spectrecoin for some time now. I invested back in December and kept all the coins in Cryptopia. I have in the last month transferred into my SpectreCoin Desktop Client. After returning after 2 weeks the balance has now disappeared even after sycning the wallet

Any ideas/help?
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:02:20 PM

Hi All,

I have been monitoring the progress of Spectrecoin for some time now. I invested back in December and kept all the coins in Cryptopia. I have in the last month transferred into my SpectreCoin Desktop Client. After returning after 2 weeks the balance has now disappeared even after sycning the wallet

Any ideas/help?

Probably the zero balance bug. It displays a zero as your balance even though it is not zero. This has been a problem for a long time unfortunately. Your best bet is to just ignore it, you can send and receive and stake as usual.

You can check your actual balance in the block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
profit59

Activity: 826
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:02:40 PM

Hello guys, how do you think. What is coin more private and stealth: Deeponion, XSPEC or ZCASH. What is technology between these coins more modern?

Right now Zcash is more anonymous, hands down. Zcash is based on zk-SNARKs, XSPEC uses ring signatures which are not zero knowledge but are much more efficient. Zcash is slower and requires much more space than the Spectrecoin wallet (at least 2GB of memory for Zcash). You can read more about the downsides of Zcash here: https://www.quora.com/Whats-good-and-bad-about-zcash

Spectre being less anonymous comes from the fact that the anonymity set is much smaller currently because very few people use stealth transactions. But this will hopefully change in the future.

Deeponion is just a joke lol. They haven't implemented transaction anonymity yet afaik, and the network is partially consisting of public IPs. They're an airdrop exit scheme essentially, large parts of the supply are still held by the devs. DeepOnion is like the little brother of Verge.  Cheesy  Great marketing, large community but no technology to back the hype.

Let DeeepOnion be a joke to you. Soon we will integrate stealth addresses. We have time for this. Then answer me what is the problem of Spectrecoin? Why is your steep coin trading so insignificantly?
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:15:14 AM

... Soon we will integrate stealth addresses...

Just do it, then it is no joke any more.
PangLima Coin

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:01:52 PM

SpectreCoin Wallets & Important Links

Windows 7-64 bit & 10-64 bit  v1.3.5 
MacOS latest release 1.3.8
Linux build from source (.deb coming soon)

no windows wallet for 32bit ? or where i can get wallet for 32bit ?
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:44:56 PM

Hello guys, how do you think. What is coin more private and stealth: Deeponion, XSPEC or ZCASH. What is technology between these coins more modern?

Right now Zcash is more anonymous, hands down. Zcash is based on zk-SNARKs, XSPEC uses ring signatures which are not zero knowledge but are much more efficient. Zcash is slower and requires much more space than the Spectrecoin wallet (at least 2GB of memory for Zcash). You can read more about the downsides of Zcash here: https://www.quora.com/Whats-good-and-bad-about-zcash

Spectre being less anonymous comes from the fact that the anonymity set is much smaller currently because very few people use stealth transactions. But this will hopefully change in the future.

Deeponion is just a joke lol. They haven't implemented transaction anonymity yet afaik, and the network is partially consisting of public IPs. They're an airdrop exit scheme essentially, large parts of the supply are still held by the devs. DeepOnion is like the little brother of Verge.  Cheesy  Great marketing, large community but no technology to back the hype.

Let DeeepOnion be a joke to you. Soon we will integrate stealth addresses. We have time for this. Then answer me what is the problem of Spectrecoin? Why is your steep coin trading so insignificantly?

Great way to promote your project by slating your competitors... not. You realise a lot people hold both DO and XSPEC as well as SHIELD and others right? Some people are interested in tor-integrated privacy coins generally and prefer to diversify due to the risk of investing in small cap projects, like myself. So you're really not doing your project any favors here. If you haven't noticed DO members actually support other privacy coins and hold back from pathetic accusations without any evidence. And yeh, I hold ONIONS as well as XSPEC, ZER, ZEC, ZEN, PIVX and NAV, but continue insulting your supporters if you feel it works for you, even if you are sacrificing the reputation of spectrecoin by doing so. Best of luck with your marketing strategy anyway.

PS - Let me know when you've fixed the onion timeout issue in Linux. The workaround of using WINE to collect peers in order to connect is ridiculous. When Deb?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:05:53 PM

Great way to promote your project by slating your competitors... not. You realise a lot people hold both DO and XSPEC as well as SHIELD and others right? Some people are interested in tor-integrated privacy coins generally and prefer to diversify due to the risk of investing in small cap projects, like myself. So you're really not doing your project any favors here. If you haven't noticed DO members actually support other privacy coins and hold back from pathetic accusations without any evidence. And yeh, I hold ONIONS as well as XSPEC, ZER, ZEC, ZEN, PIVX and NAV, but continue insulting your supporters if you feel it works for you, even if you are sacrificing the reputation of spectrecoin by doing so. Best of luck with your marketing strategy anyway.

Sorry if I made the impression that I would be talking in the name of the project here. I'll have to refer to Mandica for that. What I said about DeepOnion is purely my personal opinion. And yes they are clearly better at marketing than me, by giving away free money they are getting tons of free baseless shilling by people who only care about the price of their coins. And most of the shills don't even notice their irrational bias. That is psychologically ingenious.

PS - Let me know when you've fixed the onion timeout issue in Linux. The workaround of using WINE to collect peers in order to connect is ridiculous. When Deb?

I'm using Linux and never had that issue. It depends on the speed of your PC actually, and is simply caused by a random process running vs. a timeout that is too short. You can fix the problem by restarting your wallet a few times until the random process has been faster.

dragonvslinux
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:55:00 PM

I'm using Linux and never had that issue. It depends on the speed of your PC actually, and is simply caused by a random process running vs. a timeout that is too short. You can fix the problem by restarting your wallet a few times until the random process has been faster.

How can it be dependent on my laptop speed? I just said that I can run the wallet fine in a Windows environment (using WINE in Linux), but not built from source in Linux. The timeout is within seconds when in a Linux environment, but much longer from the Windows executable. As I referenced in the bug report on Github, I am able to run the wallet in Linux environment when I've extracted peers from the wineprefix. Care to elaborate?

Summary: There is nothing wrong with my laptop. I'm able to run the wallet in Linux without problems after bypassing the timeout issue.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
anik191

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:29:55 PM

Hi All,

Any ideas/help?

Probably the zero balance bug. It displays a zero as your balance even though it is not zero. This has been a problem for a long time unfortunately. Your best bet is to just ignore it, you can send and receive and stake as usual.

You can check your actual balance in the block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/

Yep thanks for that checked that link and confirmed it was the right amount. Interesting there is a bug around this though. I left my laptop on for a few more hours and eventually the balance was updated
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:48:42 AM

How can it be dependent on my laptop speed? I just said that I can run the wallet fine in a Windows environment (using WINE in Linux), but not built from source in Linux. The timeout is within seconds when in a Linux environment, but much longer from the Windows executable. As I referenced in the bug report on Github, I am able to run the wallet in Linux environment when I've extracted peers from the wineprefix. Care to elaborate?

Summary: There is nothing wrong with my laptop. I'm able to run the wallet in Linux without problems after bypassing the timeout issue.

Sorry, not sure. This isn't exactly great code: https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/blob/f20b8aeea822661a5ced22504bed41a8729afe0c/src/init.cpp#L777 It's probably a result of how Tor is interfaced. I have no idea how the hostname file gets updated, your best bet to get a detailed explanation for this would be JBG in the Wisp Discord.

As I said I'm also running the Linux wallet and never had this issue.

uscoin1

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:50:35 AM

Think is the best privacy coin.  imo, it will 10x at least.

Long term, i think XSPEC can go to $40 - $50 from current levels.

Domp1

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:22:39 PM

Hey guys, i have downloaded the newest wallet 1.3.8 and it crashes on my mac while starting. I have osx el capitan. Any updates?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:33:29 PM

DeepOnion is like the little brother of Verge.  Cheesy

With small caps it's not about tech... it's all about telling a Good Story Smiley
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:53:06 PM

Sorry, not sure. This isn't exactly great code: https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/blob/f20b8aeea822661a5ced22504bed41a8729afe0c/src/init.cpp#L777 It's probably a result of how Tor is interfaced. I have no idea how the hostname file gets updated, your best bet to get a detailed explanation for this would be JBG in the Wisp Discord.

As I said I'm also running the Linux wallet and never had this issue.

No worries cheers for explaining, when there's a wisp github I'll contribute to it too. You mind me asking what Linux system you're running it on without this issue? My guess is something OpenSSL related, even though I built 1.1 from source (as detailed in the build instructions I updated). It's probably missing some paths as 1.0 is my default. Knowing if you're on stretch/bionic or would be useful to look into it further to resolve.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:58:11 PM

No worries cheers for explaining, when there's a wisp github I'll contribute to it too. You mind me asking what Linux system you're running it on without this issue? My guess is something OpenSSL related, even though I built 1.1 from source (as detailed in the build instructions I updated). It's probably missing some paths as 1.0 is my default. Knowing if you're on stretch/bionic or would be useful to look into it further to resolve.

I'm using Fedora. Uhm you should certainly not try to compile OpenSSL from scratch, unless you are tracking security issues daily and know which compiler flags to use. You should downgrade to an earlier version of the wallet that still uses OpenSSL 1.0 (which is Spectrecoin 1.3.5), and use the OpenSSL package provided by your package manager.

I wrote a guide for this earlier: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/Installation-Guides

If you want to use the staking donation feature you should additionally adjust the donation address manually to the one owned by Mandica.

Bazzzil86

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 08:55:52 AM

in what time will be hardfork today, who knows?
crypto calendar:
https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=Spectrecoin+%28XSPEC%29&SortBy=0
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:10:44 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 09:54:03 AM by Gandalf86

The time of the fork is not fixed yet, first it has to be implemented. Then we will be testing it. Then a date will be set.

For questions regarding Wisp, please use the Wisp thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3371587.0

uscoin1

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:06:42 PM

I see many talks about Spectrecoin (XSPEC) now.   Think this coin will be $0.90 in next few days.   And heading to $3, then $5.  Coming fast.  Gotta move fast in crypto.

someiotanow

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:49:07 AM

Will Spectrecoin be listed on bittrex one day when mandica releases her personal identity which seems to be required for that?

Once it would be done there could flow so much money in this fantastic coin that 50$ or even more could be possible. Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: