Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:50:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:02:31 PM

i would soon like to invest in XSPEC and there would still be a question about pos.
how many coins do i need to stake and how high is the roi?

I have just earlier today started staking my XSPEC coins.
I should receive my reward in about 7 days. My question is, is it safe to restart my computer during this time or will it reset back to 8 days if I restart?

Both of you should take a look at this little FAQ that I wrote: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/crypto-intro-guide/wiki/Proof-of-Stake

The reward is 5% p.a.

Thanks, so just to confirm, my 541 coins would be about 1,55 per day?
541 * 1.05 / 365 = 1,55 XSPEC

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sashadoc

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:04:14 PM

Hi guys, I would like to join this community. Is there a discord channel to which I can join?
snowboard

Activity: 158
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:39:00 PM

i downloaded the wallet today (my first wallet ever and its totally synced, i normally leave the coins on the exchange)
Can someone please provide me the answers to the following questions to help me further.

1 - the wallet is not staking because coins are immature. How long (on average) does it take to become mature ? (hours/ days / weeks / months ?)
2 - I can't find the location of the map/program on my pc where it's downloaded. if i buy a new laptop, how to transfer the wallet incl. coins to the new laptop ? (just copy paste the whole map?
3 - if its possible to transfer the program to another laptop, will the public key / private key / password for unlocking be the same ?

kindest regards,
snowboard
snowboard

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:45:11 PM

i would soon like to invest in XSPEC and there would still be a question about pos.

I should receive my reward in about 7 days. My question is, is it safe to restart my computer during this time or will it reset back to 8 days if I restart?

Both of you should take a look at this little FAQ that I wrote: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/crypto-intro-guide/wiki/Proof-of-Stake

The reward is 5% p.a.

541 * 0.05 / 365 = 0,074 XSPEC
Nebell

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:01:10 PM

The reward is 5% p.a.

That math correct? Because if it's so low I'm ditching staking because it's not worth it.

Wicking

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:46:04 AM

The reward is 5% p.a.

That math correct? Because if it's so low I'm ditching staking because it's not worth it.

1. examine the FAQ Gandalf.
2. at this rate You will be charged 0.2 coins per day because of transaction 2.14 coins respectively, at 10 days You will receive dividends.
3. running a wallet on your computer consumes very little energy, but each new purse adds more stability to the system.
4. And if next year xspec will cost$1000? Are you sure you want to lose a potentially good income?.
DarkGnyss

Activity: 183
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:09:54 AM

I get about 10-11%. online 24/7
Nebell

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:08:28 AM

The reward is 5% p.a.

2. at this rate You will be charged 0.2 coins per day because of transaction 2.14 coins respectively, at 10 days You will receive dividends.
3. running a wallet on your computer consumes very little energy, but each new purse adds more stability to the system.
4. And if next year xspec will cost$1000? Are you sure you want to lose a potentially good income?.

$1000? I doubt that will happen. I don't think even $100 will happen.

djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:01:43 AM

when are we going to see some merchants accepting XSPEC? None of the biggest market places like dream market, tochka or wallstreet are accepting XSPEC. I like the coin and I trust it. I thin k it's time we put it to some use and break the monero monopoly.

Is there a list of places where I can spend my XSPEC?
spankx

Activity: 64
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:59:32 AM

when are we going to see some merchants accepting XSPEC? None of the biggest market places like dream market, tochka or wallstreet are accepting XSPEC. I like the coin and I trust it. I thin k it's time we put it to some use and break the monero monopoly.

Dude, why so impatient?

If we like to do ourselves a favour, stake 100% for the team! Worth it!
snowboard

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:03:47 AM

Dude, why so impatient?

yes, i think downloading the wallet and stake, and donate the earning to the team for marketing and promotion goals will defenitely be more beneficial for the price then staking and holding the coins for yourself...
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:19:34 AM

Hi guys, I would like to join this community. Is there a discord channel to which I can join?

Yes, the Discord invite link can be found in the ANN.

i downloaded the wallet today (my first wallet ever and its totally synced, i normally leave the coins on the exchange)
Can someone please provide me the answers to the following questions to help me further.

1 - the wallet is not staking because coins are immature. How long (on average) does it take to become mature ? (hours/ days / weeks / months ?)
2 - I can't find the location of the map/program on my pc where it's downloaded. if i buy a new laptop, how to transfer the wallet incl. coins to the new laptop ? (just copy paste the whole map?
3 - if its possible to transfer the program to another laptop, will the public key / private key / password for unlocking be the same ?

kindest regards,
snowboard

1: Maturity time is 288 blocks, as can be found here: https://altcoinwiki.org/en/SpectreCoin#Specifications
2: You could just send the coins to your new address on the new laptop.
3: If you want to copy wallet data directly, you have to copy the file called wallet.dat in the data directory. https://altcoinwiki.org/en/SpectreCoin#Data_directory

Yes, that's how it is. 5% per year. That means you will get roughly 27 XSPEC during the year.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
spankx

Activity: 64
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:22:49 AM
Merited by Gandalf86 (1)

Tho obviously not all xspec are staking, so you receive quite more than 5% atm.
djpitagora

Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:41:39 PM

Dude, why so impatient?

I am staking, however I find all this "hodling" and staking attitude really selfish. I'd like to keep my eyes on the prize. The prize being real market usage. A coin is not meant to be hold but to be spent. As a derivate trader would say, "the price is backed by the cash flow".

XSPEC is a functioning product as much as monero is, yet I have not seen a single store where it can be used. In fact we still don't have an sdk or e-commerce plugins for popular software to easily integrate xspec as payment provider., so there is little suprize that we are ignored.
nemwanderer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:40:58 PM

Dude, why so impatient?

I am staking, however I find all this "hodling" and staking attitude really selfish. I'd like to keep my eyes on the prize. The prize being real market usage. A coin is not meant to be hold but to be spent. As a derivate trader would say, "the price is backed by the cash flow".

XSPEC is a functioning product as much as monero is, yet I have not seen a single store where it can be used. In fact we still don't have an sdk or e-commerce plugins for popular software to easily integrate xspec as payment provider., so there is little suprize that we are ignored.

Agreed. I was curious about the business side of things ie marketing, adoption, etc, could a senior team member perhaps elaborate on the roadmap there?  Not much info on that on the website.
pvk444

Merit: 47

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:58:12 PM

Dude, why so impatient?

Agreed. I was curious about the business side of things ie marketing, adoption, etc, could a senior team member perhaps elaborate on the roadmap there?  Not much info on that on the website.

Yeah, this is the the only grind I have with XSPEC. It's run in a very idealistic manner, letting the tech "speak" for itself, but not paying much attention to the business side of of things, of which marketing is one part of.

I still hope that with the staking donations, and the availability of vesion 2.0 (stealth staking in particular) the attitude / focus will shift or become more level.
pvk444

Merit: 47

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:00:36 PM

Tho obviously not all xspec are staking, so you receive quite more than 5% atm.

Currently you can expect anything between 10 and 20%
carlocolucci83

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:05:53 PM

The reward is 5% p.a.

$1000? I doubt that will happen. I don't think even $100 will happen.

$1000 is very, very, very ambitious to say the least. 100$ is doable imho, it would mean a marketcap of 2 bln. There are a LOT of coins in the top 30 which do not have the tech Xspec has, so I would say its certainly possible. Anything up to 200$ is possible, even this year, especially once stealth staking is out and Xspec will get massive attention.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:11:14 PM

Agreed. I was curious about the business side of things ie marketing, adoption, etc, could a senior team member perhaps elaborate on the roadmap there?  Not much info on that on the website.

You mean the roadmap regarding marketing and adoption? That's because there is really no roadmap on these things. We don't have anyone who would "lead" this stuff. Jbg and Bryce are focusing on their core competence, which is development. Marketing and adoption are within the responsibility of the community, which is us!

You have to understand that SpectreCoin is not a company, like some other ICOs nowadays, that is targeting maximum profit and where you are buying "shares" when purchasing coins. That's not how this works. This is a community-driven project - the devs are paid by donations for their work. Of course they are morally attached to the project as well, but it's not really their job to make this a profitable business.

I don't think that this is inherently a bad thing... not all users want to be capitalized on by deciding to use a certain currency. We are developing a private payment method that is open for everyone to use. That's the purpose of this project - if you want to make the price go up or increase adoption, then maybe you should start some marketing on your own! We also have a Discord that is dedicated to exactly this purpose - consisting 100% of community members! You can join that group and try to develop a marketing and adoption strategy. You can find the invite link on the wiki page here: https://altcoinwiki.org/en/SpectreCoin#Project_links

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
snowboard

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:50:25 PM

You mean the roadmap regarding marketing and adoption? That's because there is really no roadmap on these things. We don't have anyone who would "lead" this stuff. Jbg and Bryce are focusing on their core competence, which is development. Marketing and adoption are within the responsibility of the community, which is us!

You have to understand that SpectreCoin is not a company, like some other ICOs nowadays, that is targeting maximum profit and where you are buying "shares" when purchasing coins. That's not how this works. This is a community-driven project - the devs are paid by donations for their work. Of course they are morally attached to the project as well, but it's not really their job to make this a profitable business.

I don't think that this is inherently a bad thing... not all users want to be capitalized on by deciding to use a certain currency. We are developing a private payment method that is open for everyone to use. That's the purpose of this project - if you want to make the price go up or increase adoption, then maybe you should start some marketing on your own! We also have a Discord that is dedicated to exactly this purpose - consisting 100% of community members! You can join that group and try to develop a marketing and adoption strategy. You can find the invite link on the wiki page here: https://altcoinwiki.org/en/SpectreCoin#Project_links

i can only partially agree on this one.... as i mentioned before, the purpose of creating a coin can never be for the purpose of creation only :/ sounds really silly, don't you think ?
If true (this is just someones hobby and therefore) it should be removed from all exchanges so the creators can continue creating untill they get bored and trade the coins between their friends in the pub and keep it there... so why donating the devs ? to pay them a salary for their hobby ? don't they get coins for free ? are no coins reserved for them ? or are the investors just here to pay (donating) for their hobby ?

Opening an ANN page on bitcointalk, providing updates, applying for new exchanges, and still only for the purpose of creation ? (a.k.a a hobby ?)
When you start something, there are many more tasks to be fullfilled, and one needs a strong figure to lead the process, which means not only focussing on the fun and known tasks, but also working on things that needs to be done.. advising investors to go in and do their own marketing is like asking a stranger to walk your dog.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: