Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:02:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:53:30 PM

Hi,

I have a question. I started with wallet v1.3.0 on windows. Now I want to move to Mac.
I created a wallet backup the windows wallet v.1.3.0 (wallet.dat)

But I do not have an option to import it on wallet version 1.3.3 on my mac.

Thanks

Su

Wallet Management --> Import Wallet?

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 09:32:30 PM

Hi,

I have a question. I started with wallet v1.3.0 on windows. Now I want to move to Mac.
I created a wallet backup the windows wallet v.1.3.0 (wallet.dat)

But I do not have an option to import it on wallet version 1.3.3 on my mac.

Thanks

Su
what I would do is send to an exchange.....put new wallet on the mac, send the xspec to the mac addresses.Simple answer is usually the best

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
VEEGOLD

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:59:53 AM

where is the link to download the mobile wallet for spectrecoin ??

Good afternoon.
Mobile wallet is now in development.

SpectreCoin Android Wallet
1.0 (December 2017)
Initial release of a SPV Android wallet, with full functionality including innovative low-power staking.

okk thanks for the reply. This is a good news. will be waiting for it.
I heard someone said that we can stake even with zero (0) coins !!
is this true ?? and how is it possible ??
no it is not possible to stake with zero coin can the atm pay you more than you have in your account? The answer is no.

Buy some Spectrecoin now
spetalkuhfie

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:19:41 PM

I have a question regarding Staking: So I hold my XSPEC in my local wallet for staking. It will take a couple of weeks, until I get dividends of this. Now, will this time restart if a go offline once or is keeping and not moving the coins in the wallet the main part in this?

You have to keep your wallet online otherwise otherwise you wont receive anything.U might get lucky or unlucky with the time however .Might take you a few days  or even a month to get rewarded .Like i said before unless you have over 10000 coins it not worth your while

So any sort of issue like a restart of the system or a disruption of my internet connection will invalidate my accumulated "waiting time" totally? Its not realistic for me to have my router not reconnect nor my system to ever restart within 6 weeks.
Your "waiting time" is based on your coins maturity. They do not lose maturity when you go offline, they just don't gain any and thus you can't receive a payout. When you do recieve a payout, your maturity starts over. It's easier to think of maturity as the % chance you have of your coin signing the next block. Each coin has there own maturity.

The major factors are each coins maturity and the number of coins you have.
Maturity, Amount of coints and time the wallet is online, right?

So the longer i leave them in my wallet, the more mature they get?! This will reduce the time it takes to stake over time, correct? What I can do is wait and/or buy more spectre?

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:01:38 PM

Maturity comes from having your wallet online. Once you receive a payout, the coin that signed the block will have its maturity reset to zero. The other coins will keep their maturity.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:43:17 AM

This well written press release and video regarding the current state of the Spectreproject was shared in the Slack channel. check it out:

https://blog.spectreproject.io/spectrecoin-v-1-33-to-v-1-4-update-c84f7e4a9aa

Cheers!

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
adsamy

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:59:16 AM

Many people say that the value of this coin is underestimated, but I can not read it, do not understand it's technology, do not understand it's good, someone out to explain what?
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:06:30 AM

As far as I understand this coin, the devs want to equip it with a variety of proven anonymity technologies. Not sure if it's unique or practical in the end.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:09:38 AM

Many people say that the value of this coin is underestimated, but I can not read it, do not understand it's technology, do not understand it's good, someone out to explain what?

Take a look at the wiki that is linked in the first post.

As far as I understand this coin, the devs want to equip it with a variety of proven anonymity technologies. Not sure if it's unique or practical in the end.

This guy got it!  Wink I'm not sure if it will stay unique, but I'm sure it will be practical, and that is the goal.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
vovannovig

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:26:44 AM

Being the first is hard, but in the end it's justified!
But the fact that this project has a great future and will be one of the best, undoubtedly, for those who understand it!
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:13:40 PM

I am aiming to try to get some more short videos done to try and explain the basics of what XSPEC can do and try to explain the features in simple terms. You don't need to have in depth knowledge of the tech to use the coin however, but there are plenty of resources that will explain the basic features. I have put up a couple of links here that will explain things like stealth addresses, ring signatures and Tor. The underlaying maths might be complicated but the principal is not to difficult to understand if you want to spend some time on it.

I will try to explain in short how XSPEC solves the privacy concerns that exists in Bitcoin and I'll put some links if you want to explore further:

Bitcoin problem - Open IP addresses
Any sufficiently resourceful and motivated attacker can identify as many 60% of Bitcoin clients on the network with relative ease. This method works by fingerprinting users based on the connections they have to other nodes on the Bitcoin network. These connections should be different for each connected user as the connections are randomized. When a user connects to another node, their IP address is broadcast to that node. If the attacker is connected to enough nodes, these broadcasts can be watched and fingerprinting can be done.
https://www.cryptolux.org/index.php?title=Bitcoin&oldid=1257 (deanonymization attack on the Bitcoin P2P network)

Solution in XSPEC
Spectrecoin clients run a native Tor integration and the seed nodes also runs Tor. That means that ALL the IP addresses of ALL the participants on the Spectrecoin network remains hidden. The only visible node addresses on the Specrecoin network are .onion addresses. Thus, the users can be confident that their real IP will stay hidden. I am aware of various articles that talk about de-anonymizing Tor, but this only applies where there are exit nodes or where the network consists of both clearnet nodes and Tor nodes. In XSPEC the WHOLE network, i.e. every single node is a Tor nodes and so none of these attacks as described will be possible. In addition as stated in the OP, we have also integrated OBFS4 that will mask the Tor traffic to look like normal traffic. This is unique to XSPEC.

Bitcoin problem - Address reuse
Bitcoin addresses were never meant to be used twice and the fact that they can is a ‘fluke’ in the system. There are 1.46 × 10^48 possible bitcoin addresses, which gives every person on Earth 2.05×10^38 different addresses to use if needs be. When addresses are reused, all other transactions performed by that address can be seen by examining the block chain. Address reuse also reduces the security of the bitcoins stored in those addresses. Transaction signing requires 256 bytes of random data (r­value) so that the private key cannot be reverse engineered. If the r­value is not truly random then the private key can be determined, which can be used to sign other transactions for that particular bitcoin address. This attack can be negated by not reusing addresses, as once a transaction is signed from a bitcoin address, it remains empty.
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/25814/ecdsa%C2%ADsignature%C2%ADand%C2%ADthe%C2%ADz%C2%ADvalue

Solution in XSPEC – Dual Key Stealth Addresses
The basic principal with stealth addresses is to avoid address reuse. With a stealth address you can publish ONE stealth address and every payment made to that stealth address will appears as being received by a different ‘normal’ address.
http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html

XSPEC takes this one step further by introducing anonymous ‘spectre tokens’ and introduce transactions signed by what is known as traceable ring-signatures. Do not let the word ‘traceable’ fool you, it simply means that once a transaction has been signed it will be impossible to use the same signature / ‘spectre token’ again.
https://eprint.iacr.org/2006/389.pdf
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:00:35 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 05:21:55 PM by Gandalf86

Bitcoin problem - Address reuse
Bitcoin addresses were never meant to be used twice and the fact that they can is a ‘fluke’ in the system. There are 1.46 × 10^48 possible bitcoin addresses, which gives every person on Earth 2.05×10^38 different addresses to use if needs be. When addresses are reused, all other transactions performed by that address can be seen by examining the block chain. Address reuse also reduces the security of the bitcoins stored in those addresses. Transaction signing requires 256 bytes of random data (r­value) so that the private key cannot be reverse engineered. If the r­value is not truly random then the private key can be determined, which can be used to sign other transactions for that particular bitcoin address. This attack can be negated by not reusing addresses, as once a transaction is signed from a bitcoin address, it remains empty.
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/25814/ecdsa%C2%ADsignature%C2%ADand%C2%ADthe%C2%ADz%C2%ADvalue

Solution in XSPEC – Dual Key Stealth Addresses
The basic principal with stealth addresses is to avoid address reuse. With a stealth address you can publish ONE stealth address and every payment made to that stealth address will appears as being received by a different ‘normal’ address.
http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html

But this for receiving, right? While the first case for Bitcoin was about sending coins. In the linked article, it says:

ECDSA requires a random number for each signature. If this random number is ever used twice with the same private key it can be recovered.

So it's not about "truly random" or not, just not using the same random twice with the same key pair. So it would be enough to simply use a proper signature implementation that generates a new random number for each transaction. You should have fixed that anyway, because stealth addresses are not mandatory (yet). How do stealth addresses help on top of it then? Just for making the inputs unlinkable, as far as I know?

XSPEC takes this one step further by introducing anonymous ‘spectre tokens’ and introduce transactions signed by what is known as traceable ring-signatures. Do not let the word ‘traceable’ fool you, it simply means that once a transaction has been signed it will be impossible to use the same signature / ‘spectre token’ again.
https://eprint.iacr.org/2006/389.pdf

Wikipedia:
Linkable ring signatures
    [4] The property of linkability allows one to determine whether any two signatures have been produced by the same member (under the same private key). The identity of the signer is nevertheless preserved. One of the possible applications can be an offline e-cash system.
Traceable ring signature
    [5] In addition to the previous scheme the public key of the signer is revealed (if they issue more than one signatures under the same private key). An e-voting system can be implemented using this protocol.

So according to this, a linkable ring signature would be enough? It explicitly mentions the e-cash application. How does traceability help? It could even be used to deanonymize nodes by tricking them into doing the same signature twice.

Thanks for your work, but if you are making technical arguments they should be sound. Smiley

mandica

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:53:21 PM

I think there are some misunderstanding about two things:

1. A stealth address is just a way to be able to avoid reusing the same 'normal' address more than once. You can, for example, publish your stealth address and receive many payments but the payments can not be linked as they will each appear on the blockchain as belonging to different 'normal' addresses. So, every time you send to a stealth address, a new 'normal' address is generated. Thats really all it does.

The following is an extract to explain how a 'stealth' transaction work.

Code:
The Anatomy of a ‘Stealth Payment’
1. As the beneficiary of funds you publish a spending PubKey (which is the ‘stealth address’ generated by your wallet or by using the getnewstealthaddress RPC call in the command console. You keep the associated spend Key secret.
2. As a sender, you will combine the spending PubKey, with an ephemere (transitory or temporary) random key called Ephem Key that will generate a Stealth PubKey and also a Spectrecoin address to which to pay the agreed amount.
3. As the beneficiary you will receive the Ephem PubKey and you will combine your Spend Key to retrieve the Stealth Key to spend the funds sent to the generated Spectrecoin address.

However, there is a fundamental issue to overcome in this process as there is no automatic way to send the Ephem PubKey from sender to beneficiary.
The solution is to include the Ephem PubKey in the same transaction that send the funds to the Spectrecoin Address. In this transaction two TxOut will be generated: The payment to the Spectrecoin Address (Spendable output) and an unspendable TxOut with the Ephem key embedded in it. We call such unspendable TxOut the Stealth Metadata and the pair of TxOut a Stealth Payment.

4. Then as the beneficiary you will scan all the transactions with such Stealth Payments on the Spectrecoin network and extract the Ephem PubKey and then you will generate the Stealth Key and check if it’s address match the one in the spendable output.

As a beneficiary you want to automate scanning for incoming payments. However, you don’t want to expose the secret Spend Key as that would enable a malicious actor to steal your coins.
The solution is to introduce a Scan Key that will be used to generate and scan the Stealth PubKey. In this way the scanner will be able to report your balance by scanning the blockchain without the need of the Spend Key.
However, now the sender need two pieces of information to pay you : The Scan PubKey + the Spend PubKey and both these two are derivable from the ‘Stealth address’ you publicly share.

2. A traceable ring signature prevents double-spend with regards to the anonymous 'spectre tokens', simple as. It's the word 'traceable' that is confusing but it does not identify the user. Also, bear in mind that the key-pairs that are used for the ring signatures belong to the 'tokens' and not the user. The variant of the ring signature will 'identify' a 'token' that is already spent if there is an attempt to use the same 'token' again.

Does that make sense? The white paper will have some illustrations as well to hopefully make it clearer.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:58:27 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 08:20:56 PM by Gandalf86

@mandica, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!  Smiley Looking forward to the whitepaper. Using key-pairs for tokens sounds pretty exciting tbh. Cool

For the non-technical, this means that the ring signature system uses notes/bills of fixed value right now, just like cash. And each single note has its own public key attached. And you don't spend your balance by a wallet address, but by knowing the private keys for the "spectre tokens" you own. Plus, you actually rather own some bills from a bigger pool of cash that belongs to multiple people.  Wink Kind of like that.  Cheesy

mandica

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:49:52 AM

NEWS!!

XSPEC in CryptoCoinsNews
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:51:10 AM

Looks good.

Slow but step forward.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:58:15 AM

Hi guys, I just downloaded the new v1.3.3 Mac wallet. But I can't sync yet.
Who can help? Thank u.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:21:17 AM

Hi guys, I just downloaded the new v1.3.3 Mac wallet. But I can't sync yet.
Who can help? Thank u.

Come to Slack to #client_support, share your debug.log. Also consider the wallet syncing guide in my signature. If you just downloaded the wallet, it should work. Maybe give it some time.

kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:54:45 AM

Hello,
There "0 active connections to SpectreCoin network" popup in my wallet.
Should I use node list?
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:02:44 AM

Hello,
There "0 active connections to SpectreCoin network" popup in my wallet.
Should I use node list?

See my answer above. Come to slack, give your debug.log, also give it some time and yes you might try using a node list.

If you people share your problem in Slack that helps us to debug the problem, and avoid it in future versions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: