Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 08:30:38 PM

@sdevv.......you're a ridiculously funny fudder.   Roll Eyes

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vovannovig

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:01:58 PM

Hi I just read online that a few people were arrested for drug trafficking for using anonymous cryptocureency spectrecoin. How the fuk is it anonymous if they were arrested and how can I insert screenshot of the news

Haha, this cracked me up. At least put some more effort in trying to spread FUD, this isn't even remotely close to be convincing.

im serious how do insert the image, how can they let this happen people are going to panic and its gonna come down to 10 cents again, heres the link https://i.imgur.com/NLl0Y0M.jpg and i dont know if its true or not but it doesnt matter, theres going to be a huge panic everybodys gonna drop til we hear from jbg and thats on monday.

A shame!
Go to your onion garden ...
You burned your address to the moderators Smiley
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:38:53 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 06:03:19 AM by CrazyCreeptonaut

Thanks for the replies. I'm just giving my opinions on things, and I really do think with more advancements this coin can reach into the high 100's. Anonymity is a big thing. I also heard Litecoin is doing an anonymity update but not sure about it. Have you guys seen Aeon taking off? Spectrecoin's supply is about 25% more, but it's price is about half (44 cents) of what Aeon was a month ago at around 89 cents so this could be telling. Aeon is now at $2.77. They remind me of eachother; Aeon's motto is little version of Monero like Litecoin is the little version, or silver to bitcoin.

I am not assaulting this coin or anything about the developers. A community should be open and willing as well to point out criticisms to further help out. I do love the term Spectre Cash as a system, but before I noted I don't like Spectrecoin as the name of the coin but others pointed out the clashing of its name with the other company. I do believe this coin has a bright future and could be highly used for its unique OBFS4, messaging, Web of trust, chat and mobile staking.
Very exciting.

thats the problem with the fact that coins are not being added anymore to bittrex,
they are pumping the cheap ones that already there =/

Karto

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:44:12 AM

do this ANN has translations to other languages?
if yes, which ones you and and which ones you dont?

Thx
PT92

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:05:35 PM

Yeah, if XSPEC was added to Bittrex it would go up 30% within a week or less.

My question is about the OBSF4: is it something that any coin can implement or is it technology containing completely unique code/implementation that would be difficult to copy if tried? Or is it something a lot of coins can do, and it's a matter of time and dedication before others do so? Or, some other combination of things? I'm sure it's more complex than my question suggests.

I read in the Spectrecoin wiki that Monero ' s wallet is less buggy tthan Spectre's. Has the gap closed somewhat? I know Cloak has great code too. Oh, and the new wallet is coming soon right. And a new site if I'm not mistaken?

OBSF4 can only implemented in case a coin uses TOR, I don't know whether this is difficult to code or not if you really want to know you could ask in the Spectre slack. To some people the v1.2 wallet went out of sync in the long term, this has been completely solved since the v1.3 version. I've been using Spectre for quite a while and the wallet works perfect. I believe that in the coming update (v1.4) some redundant parts of the code will be removed to shorten it, which wasn't possible until now.

Thx

I believe there is a Chinese and a Russian thread.
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 03:12:20 PM

Thx

There have been active Russian and Chinese threads on BitcoinTalk for some time.....These countries particulary benefit from Spectrecoin's TOR+OBFS4 technology. Links are below and have also been added to the OP.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2172845.140    Caмaя aнoнимнaя кpиптoвaлютa - Spectrecoin XSPEC TOR+OBFS4

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2168671.new#new   为什么我决定现在投资Spectrecoin(XSPEC)

Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 03:29:19 PM

My question is about the OBSF4: is it something that any coin can implement or is it technology containing completely unique code/implementation that would be difficult to copy if tried? Or is it something a lot of coins can do, and it's a matter of time and dedication before others do so? Or, some other combination of things? I'm sure it's more complex than my question suggests.

It's VERY complex and difficult to add. It takes a great dev like spectre_jbg to accomplish. Unlike most others.... Spectrecoin RUNS on the TOR network natively so when the blockage of TOR is detected the OBFS4 kicks in.

I read in the Spectrecoin wiki that Monero ' s wallet is less buggy tthan Spectre's. Has the gap closed somewhat? I know Cloak has great code too. Oh, and the new wallet is coming soon right. And a new site if I'm not mistaken?

Monero doesn't have Spectrecoin's privacy features either. Version 1.4 of the xspec wallet is a complete rebuild and has been in developement for quite sometime. It's is entering final testing..... with release coming the month of October

Time is running out to pick up xspec at bargain prices.  Wink

ayasemoon789

Activity: 132

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:30:27 PM

this is one of the projects that I always monitor and hope this project aan great success because I see a solid team in it, on the first day crowdsale hopefully get maximum results
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:37:23 PM

No it is not very difficult to implement, I expect other projects to add this too, soon. You can use Tor with OBFS4 (https://www.torproject.org/docs/pluggable-transports#user) and it's already implemented, so the only complexity depends on how tightly it is integrated into your wallet. It is certainly not Spectrecoin's most unique feature.

I don't know more about Cloak than what is in the wiki (which was mostly written by me), but a new wallet version will come out for Spectre this month which will make things much more stable, hopefully!  Wink

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Seosamh

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:43:53 AM

Scratch that. It went up 30% today but was quickly dumped to below what it was on Cryptopia yesterday; bag holders getting out and/or a pump and dump?

XSPEC's ownership is so topheavy that it only takes one of the ICO investors to drop a small percentage of their bags when the buy orders pump modestly to send the coin's price plummeting back to a level they are comfortable watching it at.  I like the idea of XSPEC, which is why I'm a holder, but ultimately its long term success seems to be completely married to the whims of the early investors that control the vast majority of the coin supply.  It's a race against time at this point.  Can XSPEC coin ownership become diluted fast enough through dev progress and overall marketing hype so that it can become immune to big dumps, or will one of the many privacy coin competitors surpass it technologically and cause XSPEC buy orders to dry up before whales have taken their fill?  There is, of course, another possibility, and this is that all of the big owners will stay disciplined and hold for a while, but sell-offs like we witnessed yesterday make me skeptical that will ever be the case.  It's just human nature to take profits when they're available.
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 05:58:04 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 10:59:43 AM by Beachguy

Top heavy? not hardly....xspec's distribution is actually quite good.
I love how noob accounts come here and post as if they are some sort of "authority" on crypto.
Or, if you actually are.....why set up a new account unless you have a purpose to your agenda and fud.

Domp1

Activity: 121

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:32:26 AM

Hey guys how can i fund my wallet ? when i want to receive funds i dont get any adress and the button new adress doesnt work
Domp1

Activity: 121

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:34:57 AM

Hey guys how can i fund my wallet ? when i want to receive funds i dont get any adress and the button new adress doesnt work

Got it.. had to restart the wallet.. now i have 10 adresses  Cheesy so how long to wait until staking?
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:50:14 AM

Got it.. had to restart the wallet.. now i have 10 adresses  Cheesy so how long to wait until staking?

8 hours by default
kakusnice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:03:06 PM

Is there an uodate procedure? Or do injust install the new wallet? And drag over a .dat file?   Sorry fir the ignorance im new to spectre havent uodated a wallet before.
PT92

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:58:06 PM

Is there an uodate procedure? Or do injust install the new wallet? And drag over a .dat file?   Sorry fir the ignorance im new to spectre havent uodated a wallet before.

Don't worry, we were all new once. When an update comes, just download the newest wallet and place it anywhere. Your wallet data is stored in a different folder (somewhere in the windows folder, if your on windows ofcourse), so when you start it you will have your old balance again! (And you can just remove the other wallet.exe file)
zackie

Activity: 174
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:22:36 PM

I've just realized that my last two stakes are shown as "generated but not accepted". What does that mean?
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 09:39:32 PM

Same as when you mine a pow coin.....the block has been orphaned by another "miner" (wallet).....no biggie....just move along.
Or buy more "xspec" to give your wallet a little more weight.  Grin

Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 09:51:28 PM

Spectreproject Weekly Update
Saturday, September 23rd – Saturday, September 30th
Kind of a slow week in the world of xspec.

Slack numbers - Fifty-six new members joined the Spectreproject Slack channel for the week. Slack also reports there are now 812 people registered.We DO back out the deactivated ones since between myself,@jbg and @spectreproject we keep them pretty well cleaned up  It seems to be subsiding some this past week…..only 18.

Dev Nuts and Bolts - Jbg reports he and Bryce still have their nose to the grindstone on v1.4 and coding it for alpha testing the month of October. Just to remind everyone it’s bringing the client/wallet up to QT5 code. It is a major overhaul but will be well worth it in terms of stability, ease of use and ease of mods by the devs. Testing is ongoing and intense.
Jbg also mentions, he’s been trying to assist users having build problems  for linux versions to determine the problem.

Closing Comments - There is a lot of activity and ideas in the Spectreproject community currently happening. Both new and old members are working hard on ideas for publicity and getting the word out on Spectrecoin.

We only ask that before anything is released to the public that it be vetted for accuracy.

It is amazing the power of people from around the world working together and what they can accomplish.

In closing, here’s some thoughts on cryptocurrency in general and Bitcoin specifically….the dominant player in the world of crypto currency.

It’s still very early in the life of Bitcoin….there are only 16 million of them. Think about 16 million people owning one Bitcoin each. That would be the population of Houston, Texas and Chicago, Illinois owning ALL the bitcoin. A very tiny amount. Instead of each Btc worth less than $5,000 …..it should be far more. But it will take time,  just as it take time for xspec to grow and be a part of the crypto currency eco system.

Please be patient and enjoy the journey…...Spectrecoin will be having it’s first birthday  pretty soon…..many,  if not most coins don’t make it that far.

We’re looking to a celebration with all of you next month, the one year anniversary of the ICO
Launch of the project we know as Spectrecoin.

Have a great week!

Beachguy

“To succeed in life...... you need two things ignorance and confidence.”   
                                                                                                                                                              -Mark Twain 1835-1910

EnViRoNmEnT

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:10:24 AM

Hey guys, my wallet isn syncing completely. It stays at 99.66% since 12 hours now
i have already created a shortcut and rescanned, but nothing happened Sad
Anyone can help pls? Thank you

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: