Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prometheus_project

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:27:59 PM

hi
i have a question
how many coins are required for POS? for example, at least once a week. 500, 1000, 2000?

there is no minimum, but the more you have, the shorter the time is to receive a stake

with 4000-5000 coins you'll get about 1 stake per day
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:30:42 AM

hi
i have a question
how many coins are required for POS? for example, at least once a week. 500, 1000, 2000?

You can also read about it here: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-how-can-i-stake

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:14:16 AM

@teraviboys68 - Like Gandalf86 says.... I think you're a little mixed up, SpectreCoin [xspec] is the coin name and ticker used by SpectreProject for a year now.

The Spectre exchange token hasn't even finished its ico and they're the ones that purposely used a name very close to OURS. It is an erc20 token and is simply to raise money for a their exchange and its liquidity pool ( all centralized exchanges have one) that hasn't even launched yet.....which btw ethereum ico's you have to be very,very careful with these days. If that exchange fails to open or fails afterwards.... your money is simply gone.
The tokens are intended as a share of ownership of the exchange.....and there are 168 exchanges in the world already.

SpectreCoin [xspec] is a privacy coin that works even in countries that block TOR and has value....https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spectrecoin/#markets

Please try to research a little better before making comments like above.

Be that as it may, it's probably something to keep an eye on going forward. Branding and name recognition are worth a lot. Whatever we may think about its long-term potential, the Spectre Exchange looks like the kind of ICO and project that will attract attention and speculative investment. If that happens, a re-brand for XSPEC may be worth considering even though it is in the right and the 'other' Spectre is in the wrong. When timed to coincide with other significant developments (a new feature, new website, etc.), a professional re-brand can have a significant positive effect. For example, the re-brand from DarkNet to PIVX is what moved PIVX from obscurity to (at that time) the top 20.

I say this as someone holding enough XSPEC to be interested in its future.

(Here's an anecdote about names. Sometime in 2014/2015, there was a super crappy Chinese alt called Ambercoin. It really was pointless, but I mined a bunch because I had an old mining computer and free electricity. Anyway, randomly these Ukrainian (I think?) guys came along and started a different coin whose value was supposedly backed in real amber, and they called it...Ambercoin. Now, at that time this backed-with-amber business apparently sounded like a good idea, because the price spiked. But the price of the other Ambercoin also spiked, and I ended up actually being able to sell this totally useless coin (well, in the end they were both useless, but that's beside the point) because buyers were confused about the name, and FOMO made them run out and buy anything named Amber. And then sure enough people were pissed off that they had bought the wrong one, and there was a ton of FUD and it really derailed the growth of the second Amber. Anyway, my point is that however appropriate a name may be, the value of uniqueness shouldn't be underestimated. It's not about being right; it's about being recognized.)
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:59:42 AM

Be that as it may, it's probably something to keep an eye on going forward. Branding and name recognition are worth a lot. Whatever we may think about its long-term potential, the Spectre Exchange looks like the kind of ICO and project that will attract attention and speculative investment. If that happens, a re-brand for XSPEC may be worth considering even though it is in the right and the 'other' Spectre is in the wrong. When timed to coincide with other significant developments (a new feature, new website, etc.), a professional re-brand can have a significant positive effect. For example, the re-brand from DarkNet to PIVX is what moved PIVX from obscurity to (at that time) the top 20.

I say this as someone holding enough XSPEC to be interested in its future.

(Here's an anecdote about names. Sometime in 2014/2015, there was a super crappy Chinese alt called Ambercoin. It really was pointless, but I mined a bunch because I had an old mining computer and free electricity. Anyway, randomly these Ukrainian (I think?) guys came along and started a different coin whose value was supposedly backed in real amber, and they called it...Ambercoin. Now, at that time this backed-with-amber business apparently sounded like a good idea, because the price spiked. But the price of the other Ambercoin also spiked, and I ended up actually being able to sell this totally useless coin (well, in the end they were both useless, but that's beside the point) because buyers were confused about the name, and FOMO made them run out and buy anything named Amber. And then sure enough people were pissed off that they had bought the wrong one, and there was a ton of FUD and it really derailed the growth of the second Amber. Anyway, my point is that however appropriate a name may be, the value of uniqueness shouldn't be underestimated. It's not about being right; it's about being recognized.)

We had this discussion in Slack quite some times. Now if we change our name, who guarantees that nobody will copy that new name, too? Running away from people copying your brand is just pointless. Unless we choose something totally unrecognizable (like PIVX, ABCDE or any other combination of random characters that do not make a real word), chances are good that there is some other coin that has a similar name, or there will be in the future. At some point we will just have to stick with a name. So why not this time?

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 11:08:21 AM

Spectre is only the NAME of the exchange...they have two classes of tokens that will have the tickers of SXD and SXU.
So that's really all there is to say.....
Personally, a group trying to crowd fund an exchange looks very risky to me.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:21:36 PM

Spectreproject’s Weekly Summary
Saturday, November 18th – Saturday, November 25th

Our Slack Community - Grew by the following 15 new members…..take a minute and welcome them when you see them ….Rakim Hamilton, QueenX, AlexeyB, rmac, singhc, jk, Kumbajan, Oleh Koss, d3n0, Roy, Susjed27, Spaid, Moose, Sami, and user
We now stand at 948 members.

Developer Nutz and Bolts - @jbg and bryce are hard at work on Version 1.4  still in testing and debugging. Stand by for any additional news.

SpectreCoin News - RKH has been working on the graphics (his background) of a proposed website (not the actual code side) for several weeks now. He wanted the community to know he is roughly 60% done. RKH has taken this on in his free time when he isn’t working his full time job. Thank you RKH for your contribution , and this folks... is only one of his several contributions, to SpectreCoin and its community .

There are a wide variety of people here. New to crypto, old timers and many in between. I myself, am somewhat of an old timer, both in age , over 60... and in crypto , mining,trading and investing for the last 4 years…..which are kind of like dog years. *smile*. And like today’s newbie….I learn something new everyday.

Back in June, I accepted this “community manager” position to bring stability to the Slack side of things (and whatever I could contribute to free up the dev from Slack and BtCT)  as well as look after my own self interests since i was an original ICO participant and wanted to see this project grow.
 A lot of good things have happened since then, I can’t stress that enough.

There’s a lot to like here. SpectreCoin is solid after a year, has a working full time developer of very high caliber and is on the verge of hitting that next level of true privacy and  usability that few coins have today. Value, exchanges and interest will follow.

Currently the version 1.4 of the Spectrecoin client/wallet is behind. Can’t get around that.  We have a dev that takes great pains to be sure things are right.

Have a great December and I hope each and every one of you are around when we celebrate v1.4 and SpectreCoin’s birthday!

As always….

Beachguy

“I’m sure the universe is full of intelligent life.It’s just been too intelligent to come here.”

Sir Arthur C. Clarke 1917~2008
                                                                                                          Science fiction writer, Science writer and futurist

goopuss

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:32:16 AM

FYI, The website is hideous. I had sent 4 people to it and all of them hated it and invested in PVIX because of their presentation. I don't know who is in charge of it but I am disappointed that my Good friends chose Pivx over XSPEC because of a crappy website.
Also, Jbg kicked me out of slack because of a dispute about marketing a few months ago and there is STILL no marketing of the coin, but I'm sure Jbg has a handle on it. Hopefully he does something with marketing by December 2018.
I would love to discuss that with him face to face someday.
LuckySpectrecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:08:44 AM

The community now has no opportunity to hire a professional team of website developers. If someone draws well or is able to do animation, or makes professionally the development of the site and are willing to help the project for free, you can write Rkh your ideas

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
     TOR+OBFS4 ● Ghost ProtocolAvailable on Bisq.io    
justvamp

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:48:26 AM

FYI, The website is hideous. I had sent 4 people to it and all of them hated it and invested in PVIX because of their presentation. I don't know who is in charge of it but I am disappointed that my Good friends chose Pivx over XSPEC because of a crappy website.
Also, Jbg kicked me out of slack because of a dispute about marketing a few months ago and there is STILL no marketing of the coin, but I'm sure Jbg has a handle on it. Hopefully he does something with marketing by December 2018.

I find it pretty cute and neat, just like it's supposed to be for a young project that makes a product, not money. Unlike all that "copy-pasted" token pages.
gildinglite

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

These packets fly

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:09:46 PM

Bring solutions, not problems.
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:15:00 PM

We had this discussion in Slack quite some times. Now if we change our name, who guarantees that nobody will copy that new name, too? Running away from people copying your brand is just pointless. Unless we choose something totally unrecognizable (like PIVX, ABCDE or any other combination of random characters that do not make a real word), chances are good that there is some other coin that has a similar name, or there will be in the future. At some point we will just have to stick with a name. So why not this time?

I understand your point, but I think it depends on the name in question. There have been many names in the vein of DarkCoin, Darknet, StealthCoin, ShadowCoin, ShadowCash, Blackcoin, GhostCoin, SpectreCoin, etc. etc. etc. (and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head). These names all evoke a sense of secrecy and privacy, but they are also quite generic, easily confused with each other, and sound more 'nerdy' than professional. I also think it's significant that the two most successful of these coins, DarkCoin and Darknet, only really achieved that success once they rebranded to DASH and PIVX, respectively. The funny thing is that 'DASH' and 'PIVX' are, objectively, strange names--they don't immediately call to mind the privacy aspect like the old names did. But they are unique and catchy sounding, and there is no way that someone can turn around and use the same name without being a clear copycat (ditto real-world corporate names like Yahoo!, Amazon, eBay, Nike, etc.--none of those names tell you anything about what the company does, but they are so unique that other companies can't accidentally/on purpose copy them. The same is not true of Shadow/Dark/Stealth/Ghost-related names, since those are simply concepts.

So yes, I agree that at some point you will have to stick with a name. My point is that that 'some point' should be when you have a unique, professional-sounding name that can't easily be copied, which isn't currently the case (as has just been demonstrated by the new Spectre). Being cool-sounding and descriptive isn't the same thing as being a good name from a marketing and brand-identity perspective.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be negative; XSPEC is a nice project with good potential and I hope it succeeds. I just think this is something to consider going forward.
namethathasntbeentaken

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:54:42 PM

my wallet's been syncinc for more than a week and still nothing! i've restarted the program over and over again, it's never finished Huh

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
Bitman86

Activity: 263

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:27:27 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2022, 04:47:21 PM by Bitman86

PIVX begins with p, of Privacy, then why they publish the IPs of their users?.
Please see here: (copy and paste the whole address)

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pivx/#!network

and then [node list] to see IP of PIVX users.

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:52:19 PM

I understand your point, but I think it depends on the name in question. There have been many names in the vein of DarkCoin, Darknet, StealthCoin, ShadowCoin, ShadowCash, Blackcoin, GhostCoin, SpectreCoin, etc. etc. etc. (and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head). These names all evoke a sense of secrecy and privacy, but they are also quite generic, easily confused with each other, and sound more 'nerdy' than professional. I also think it's significant that the two most successful of these coins, DarkCoin and Darknet, only really achieved that success once they rebranded to DASH and PIVX, respectively. The funny thing is that 'DASH' and 'PIVX' are, objectively, strange names--they don't immediately call to mind the privacy aspect like the old names did. But they are unique and catchy sounding, and there is no way that someone can turn around and use the same name without being a clear copycat (ditto real-world corporate names like Yahoo!, Amazon, eBay, Nike, etc.--none of those names tell you anything about what the company does, but they are so unique that other companies can't accidentally/on purpose copy them. The same is not true of Shadow/Dark/Stealth/Ghost-related names, since those are simply concepts.

So yes, I agree that at some point you will have to stick with a name. My point is that that 'some point' should be when you have a unique, professional-sounding name that can't easily be copied, which isn't currently the case (as has just been demonstrated by the new Spectre). Being cool-sounding and descriptive isn't the same thing as being a good name from a marketing and brand-identity perspective.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be negative; XSPEC is a nice project with good potential and I hope it succeeds. I just think this is something to consider going forward.

You know what? I actually agree with that. Also I have been one of the people who proposed alternative, "catchier" names in the past, I think I proposed calling it "HALO" back then (quite the opposite of dark and shady, you see? Wink But still protective). But both jbg (dev) and mandica (founder) pointed out that changing the brand also can have some negative impacts on the project. I am all open for change, and I agree that SpectreCoin is not an optimal name brand-wise. But sometimes one needs to be really cautious with change, because it tends to break things!  Cheesy Whereas keeping the old name won't break things in the near future, so that we can focus on development, first.

If you try to discuss this question in Slack (again), you will see quite some opposition, but of course you are still welcome to check in! Wink But honestly this question has been discussed almost as often as changing the website, so it's also kind of tiring to discuss this once again.

And btw., mostly for the developers and long-time members, Spectrecoin has also become some kind of "identity" that one has become used to, therefore such a change would also require to change one's own identity and self-perception of the project. So it's not so simple.

Bitman86

Activity: 263

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:54:34 PM

my wallet's been syncinc for more than a week and still nothing! i've restarted the program over and over again, it's never finished Huh

You must add nodes taken from this updated list:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!network
Copy from: node list

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:00:04 PM

You must add nodes taken from this updated list:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!network
Copy from: node list

Exactly. For a step-by-step guide, see here: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#6-i-have-zero-connections

Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 10:04:26 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 11:39:15 AM by Beachguy

Spectreproject’s Weekly Summary
Saturday, November 25th – Saturday, December 2nd

New to Slack - Been a nice week for new comers! diogoxow,  xspecvn, Chris_M, John, sprc86, DirtyMiner, steven, ckoroxod12, Cobaro, paperweight, Oleg, joli89, bango, shadow, Lef, ivan, Matthieu, jorgen, enalnomis, eruir82, stalked, the_stalker, JZ3QF9, Tom14,  vanjavk, iamblichi, Catdi, and TakadaKenji

We now stand at 972 members even after deactivations for whatever reason…..low or no activity, user voluntarily went inactive or was made inactive by mods.

Dev Nutz and Boltz - @jbg showed several times this past week to answer some questions and assure members things are progressing well!

SpectreCoin News -  There has been much talk and discussion  lately about “marketing”. Mostly people just wanting it to “happen”. Other members, mostly newer, comment they’re willing to help in some way in SpectreProject.
Some long time community members have made several suggestions ….so far the community has not acted very much on these suggestions that take little time or effort and zero cost. So I’m posting here as well. Take a look!

Many times, I’ve tried to make the point that the most powerful marketing “tool” is found in each and every one of us. And that is word of mouth.

Please, if you really want to contribute, if you really want to see the result of just how great it works…..participate! Sure some folks you propose to will say ...the website looks lame, others will say…..nah, updates don’t seem to happen fast enough,….let them go their way. But in a month or two….remind them you tried to let them know about SpectreCoin [xpec] and its potential.

If we expose SpectreCoin to only a 1000 people and just one half of one percent say “Hey looks nice! I’ll join in”....that’s 50 people! And do remember that not everyone has the ability to cut through all the chatter and noise to really understand SpectreCoin [xspec] for what it is and has to offer.

The first proposal -  was by @Leobitman - It was very simple. And I’ll extend this until December 18. “There is a bounty program very easy to win, if you have a Twitter account that is authentic, (the account can not be created just for this, you must have more than 40 followers).
Search on Twitter: Leo Bitman, 1) follow to know about SpectreCoin, 2) ReTweet for others to know, and 3) you send a public address to me, (the ones start with the uppercase letter: "S")
and that is all there is to it!, I will send you a "Free Sample of 10.00 XSPEC".
You can receive your 10 XSPEC, approximately in 2/4 days. - edit after publishing @Leobitman has extended this give him a shout in Slack!

The second Proposal -  easy to do thing each of you can do - @rkh has located 5 Bitcoin Talk threads where we can promote SpectreCoin [xspec]. A simple positive post without looking like an overly aggressive shill could be made without annoying people. This was posted yesterday in the “marketing_xspec” channel by @rkh and a very few picked up on it. If you are new to Slack and need help finding channels….just click on “channels” on the left hand menu to display or ask any of us how to join.
The links are as follows.

Altcoin under 1$ to invest in now?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2510355.20

What price do you predict for the the coins you hold in 2018?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2498193.new#new

Best altcoins to buy for 2018
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451506.new#new

Top 10 altcoins to buy right now before it’s too late
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451514.new#new

BEST ALTCOIN TO INVEST IN
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2502597.new#new

SpectreCoin [xspec] is a community based project and what that means is each of us can contribute something in some way. We are asking now, as we wait for the upcoming v1.4 client/wallet, use this time positively.

I’d also like to leave a link that one of our members @stefland created to quickly inform about SpectreCoin, how it works and some of its features.

https://youtu.be/h_2AwPE-WW4

More about what we have, what we don’t and what can we do
Please don’t take it wrong when I say….I’m getting a little weary of seeing posts and opinions, seemingly over and over, about exchanges, what other coins are doing and what marketing SpectreCoin lacks or needs. We seem to have so many experts voicing opinions and that seem to have all the answers that it makes me wonder why you don’t start your own project.
I think I know why...IT’S FREAKING HARD!

Exchanges are bombarded by old and new coins (well over 1300 as of today).....truth be known we’re pretty fortunate to be on the ones we are.Yes, I’m very aware of the older exchanges and try to keep up on the newer ones and DUH!…..yes, I even contact them and try to maintain dialogue.
We seem to run into one thing or another that I alone cannot overcome and as some of you know it takes someone above my paygrade to go further.
So thanks for the suggestions but odds are...  I’ve already contacted them at least twice and continue to follow up from time to time.Laying the groundwork in a consistent professional fashion. So, as we grow I’m hopeful we can expand but, for the time being we have what we have.

Other coins? All of them face the same challenges today and how many have died a slow death in less than a year (or less) after release when “the next big thing” comes out. SpectreCoin is at its one year mark, has gotten stronger in spite of BitCoin’s meteoric rise, “airdrops” ….the “if its free its for me mentality” of coins that don’t even have fully working code…..and countless erc20 tokens that have terrible track record of just taking peoples’ money and all the other craziness that is crypto today.
 If you see something you don’t like about SpectreCoin….I’m very sorry, I am….maybe you should go find another coin that better suits your purpose.

But please don’t rag on xspec for what it may or may not have or  that you don’t care for…..You don’t like only one full time dev….ummm okay! But I can tell you from experience teams made up of several devs can just as easily fail or split up leaving investors high and dry and funds worthless...I mean like 10 sats or less. (been there done that). Think its distribution is lopsided (I can assure you it’s not when we have over 900 members here)...well we’d like to see you stay but, if it’s one thing crypto is about...it’s choices.

Marketing? Now here’s a fun one and my favorite (hope you read the start of this newsletter)….To be successful it doesn’t have to be zillion dollar huge….it just has to be consistent. I’ve learned again and again, and I’m in the retail business, what I already knew. Word of mouth will do more to promote a
product or service ( or hurt it) than anything else. That’s the grass-roots part of marketing that each and every one of you can be doing. Everyday!

Social media is great! And @rkh and @CommunityWhale head up the Reddit and twitter projects...heck @rkh has even taken on producing and modding the russian version of BitCoinTalk. But it still comes down to each of us talking up SpectreCoin in the circles we run in …..I bet each of you have a favorite place to hang out….! Post on twitter and Reddit, hang out on the telegram channel that we created people were calling for one. Telegram stands at 91 members but, its mostly new people, have you joined yet? …..it’s important to have someone there to greet newcomers.

So I guess i’m done….I hope everyone takes this in the spirit of community pulling together that is the vision that is SpectreProject!
If you read this whole news letter...THANK YOU...I appreciate it I know it was long.

Beachguy
                                                                "Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much."   
                                                                                                                            - Helen Keller                                                                                         

22justin

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 05:00:51 AM

are there any dev updates coming on xspec in december?

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q2 2018? $XBY (dApp Platform, New PoSign Algorithm), $SHIFT (dPoS Decentralized Web 3.0 on IFPS) & $BLOCK (Blockchain Agnostic DeX, atomic swaps)
Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:28:24 AM

Hey.
how many coins do you need for a POS?
Can I install a purse on the Rapsberry Pi 3?

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

Babber

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:03:35 AM

You know what? I actually agree with that. Also I have been one of the people who proposed alternative, "catchier" names in the past, I think I proposed calling it "HALO" back then (quite the opposite of dark and shady, you see? Wink But still protective). But both jbg (dev) and mandica (founder) pointed out that changing the brand also can have some negative impacts on the project. I am all open for change, and I agree that SpectreCoin is not an optimal name brand-wise. But sometimes one needs to be really cautious with change, because it tends to break things!  Cheesy Whereas keeping the old name won't break things in the near future, so that we can focus on development, first.

If you try to discuss this question in Slack (again), you will see quite some opposition, but of course you are still welcome to check in! Wink But honestly this question has been discussed almost as often as changing the website, so it's also kind of tiring to discuss this once again.

And btw., mostly for the developers and long-time members, Spectrecoin has also become some kind of "identity" that one has become used to, therefore such a change would also require to change one's own identity and self-perception of the project. So it's not so simple.

Hey guys,
I am new here. I invested in XSPEC, and I would also like to see it growing.

I am afraid, EleanorZ made a valid point here. If we like it or not, design and marketing do matter. This could be the best coin ever, but if the marketing is not cool enough, people won't appreciate it for what it is. There are also coins that are pushed primary by the marketing and not by the content behind, which is also not what is desired, of course. But as long as we have a good coin with a working concept, I think it is just fair to present it properly. Branding and web design should have high priorities, although not top priorities.

I also understand the point made by Gandalf86, about the risks of changing the name. However when the coin starts the grow, these risks will only grow with it. If we want to change the name at all, the sooner, the better. In my opinion, the net effect of a catchy new name and a cool (not copy-pasted) website would be positive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: