Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ConanTheHODLer

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:03:28 AM

Who needs anonymity - those will buy on BISQ.
Who needs investments - those will buy on top10 exchanges, where increased demand will raise the price and thereby invest the project. If, of course, the project needs investments.
If any Bitrex on its own initiative adds XSPEC to the listing, XSPEC itself will not become less anonymous from this.

Huh?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohliuw

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:36:02 AM

sold all my KOM and ARK to buy the dip (just before cryptopia went offline for maintenance.

There is huge potential here, severely underpriced compared to the rest of the market
 Keep finges crossed.
Hello4x

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:54:04 AM

Anyone have issues with wallet sync?  Have the latest wallet from site and it has 0 connections.  I’ve let it sit for hours and still no connections.  Anyone have this problem? Tried using search function in thread but it’s useless.

Thanks in advance
jcamm

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:22:07 AM

Anyone have issues with wallet sync?  Have the latest wallet from site and it has 0 connections.  I’ve let it sit for hours and still no connections.  Anyone have this problem? Tried using search function in thread but it’s useless.

Thanks in advance

I had the same issue, it should be fixed in an update soon. Here is the fix:

https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections
joshwaan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:10:46 AM

sold all my KOM and ARK to buy the dip (just before cryptopia went offline for maintenance.

There is huge potential here, severely underpriced compared to the rest of the market
 Keep finges crossed.

Yeah hoping Xspec is trading blows with Monero at some point Smiley
Hello4x

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:46:44 AM

Thanks in advance

I had the same issue, it should be fixed in an update soon. Here is the fix:

https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections

Thanks much!
MaxEnergizer

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:51:20 AM

Yea xspec have a huge potencial, join slack, you can ask developers about everything.
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:45:05 AM

Its all looking promising so far, but what is the coin's weakness? No FUD or bashing, every coin has a weakness or an area where other coins are better than it, what are the things about XSPEC that an investor needs to take into account? I read somewhere that PoS isn't as good as PoW and can leave a privacy coin open to being hacked or exposed, something about the nodes or PoS means every user needs to choose stealth transactions for it to truly work, I think DASH and PIVX had those problems? Is the supply going to be unlimited or capped? What are those 2 new updates bringing? Sorry I don't have time to read the whole thread but happy to be pointed in the right direction to these answers as I'm a big believer in privacy coins and this one seems to be the best so far so I need to be sure of a few things before investing.

Technically, I don't think it has "weaknesses", if by "weakness" you refer to an unplanned vulnerability or bug. Most features are a choice. TOR integration for instance, is a choice. Other coins do it differently. Same with ring signatures. The PoS approach is another choice factor.

As for PoS vs. PoW and hacking, both can be hacked if they are implemented wrongly. And both can be very secure if done correctly. I believe in the future of PoS as it is energy efficient and quantum-resistent. Furthermore, PoW leads to centralization by major mining factories. PoS is truly distributed. You could run a PoS wallet on a mobile phone or a Rasberry Pi if you wanted to.

As far as stealth transactions are concerned: firstly, XSPEC of course supports that. At present, users have to select stealth transactions. In version 2.0, stealth transactions will be the default. Secondly, the XSPEC devs have a working model of stealth staking, a unique feature nowhere available at present. This will also be available in an upcoming version of XSPEC. At the moment PoS uses transparent transactions.

The supply increase is 5% a year and is the "dividend" you get from staking. The 5% is set for the system as a whole. Staking dividends for individuals are more in the 10% range, as some coins are held in non-staking exchange wallets, or are held in offline wallets.

For the roadmap, I suggest you check out https://spectreproject.io/roadmap/

I also encourage you to join the Slack channel at https://spectreproject.slack.com. The devs hang out there as well, and are very responsive.
ConanTheHODLer

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:05:38 AM

Its all looking promising so far, but what is the coin's weakness? No FUD or bashing, every coin has a weakness or an area where other coins are better than it, what are the things about XSPEC that an investor needs to take into account? I read somewhere that PoS isn't as good as PoW and can leave a privacy coin open to being hacked or exposed, something about the nodes or PoS means every user needs to choose stealth transactions for it to truly work, I think DASH and PIVX had those problems? Is the supply going to be unlimited or capped? What are those 2 new updates bringing? Sorry I don't have time to read the whole thread but happy to be pointed in the right direction to these answers as I'm a big believer in privacy coins and this one seems to be the best so far so I need to be sure of a few things before investing.

Technically, I don't think it has "weaknesses", if by "weakness" you refer to an unplanned vulnerability or bug. Most features are a choice. TOR integration for instance, is a choice. Other coins do it differently. Same with ring signatures. The PoS approach is another choice factor.

As for PoS vs. PoW and hacking, both can be hacked if they are implemented wrongly. And both can be very secure if done correctly. I believe in the future of PoS as it is energy efficient and quantum-resistent. Furthermore, PoW leads to centralization by major mining factories. PoS is truly distributed. You could run a PoS wallet on a mobile phone or a Rasberry Pi if you wanted to.

As far as stealth transactions are concerned: firstly, XSPEC of course supports that. At present, users have to select stealth transactions. In version 2.0, stealth transactions will be the default. Secondly, the XSPEC devs have a working model of stealth staking, a unique feature nowhere available at present. This will also be available in an upcoming version of XSPEC. At the moment PoS uses transparent transactions.

The supply increase is 5% a year and is the "dividend" you get from staking. The 5% is set for the system as a whole. Staking dividends for individuals are more in the 10% range, as some coins are held in non-staking exchange wallets, or are held in offline wallets.

For the roadmap, I suggest you check out https://spectreproject.io/roadmap/

I also encourage you to join the Slack channel at https://spectreproject.slack.com. The devs hang out there as well, and are very responsive.

No, what I mean by weakness is something along the lines of a way its privacy features could theoretically be uncovered more easily than another coin out there, kind of like its Kryptonite, or maybe even something like the circulating supply being an issue in the future if it is infinite and increasing so much and will hold the coin back from greater value increases?

I'll definitely check out those links, thanks for the help, I see its on Cryptopia, is that the best place to buy or trade it? Its definitely not my first exchange place but they seem to have the most volume.
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:44:11 AM

No, what I mean by weakness is something along the lines of a way its privacy features could theoretically be uncovered more easily than another coin out there, kind of like its Kryptonite, or maybe even something like the circulating supply being an issue in the future if it is infinite and increasing so much and will hold the coin back from greater value increases?

I'll definitely check out those links, thanks for the help, I see its on Cryptopia, is that the best place to buy or trade it? Its definitely not my first exchange place but they seem to have the most volume.

There are of course always some points of attack, theoretically speaking. But XSPEC is at least as good as others, I would even claim "better" than all, in some ways. Assuming that the cryptography is sound (which in the case of XSPEC it is) most exploitable vulnerabilities would be in the transport mechanism. To reduce this vulnerability, XSPEC is built on TOR. But as previously stated, coins which just use TOR for transportation but have to exit the network at the end-points are vulnerable at the exit nodes. XSPEC is fully integrated into TOR, thus never leaves the network. Furthermore, with OBSF4 any adversary would find it impossible to recognize the internet package as being TOR, thus would not be able to sniff the package out or block it.

That said, of course we are talking here about technical vulnerabilities ... exploits through social engineering, well, that of course always remains.

With the release of the new version 1.3.4 by then 8th / 9th of Jan, there will be another push to get XSPEC listed on other exchanges. Until now, the volume was not sufficient to try to spread. And out of principle, there is little appetite to pay horrendous sums just to get listed. Btw, Bisq will also be an option and truer to the privacy concept. XSPEC is listed there, but no volume yet.
beaupain

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:56:17 PM

My computer won't allow me to install the wallet, as it's reported as a virus.

I don't have this with any other coins, including Sumokoin nor Phore (also privacy coins).

why is this and how will you solve this, as this will scare many people ?
marketcoin2

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:04:46 PM

My computer won't allow me to install the wallet, as it's reported as a virus.

I don't have this with any other coins, including Sumokoin nor Phore (also privacy coins).

why is this and how will you solve this, as this will scare many people ?

It is false detection! You can either exclude it or for now keep your coins on exchange website!
Brit_coin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:38:59 PM

Would anyone recommend downloading the wallet or waiting for the new updat? Thanks
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:42:43 PM

Would anyone recommend downloading the wallet or waiting for the new updat? Thanks

Up to you--there's nothing wrong with the current wallet version, other than having to take 2 extra minutes to add some nodes. It's easy to update an already-installed wallet, but if you don't feel like doing so, 1.3.4 should be out in less than a week so you could wait if you prefer. But there will always be occasional wallet updates, so at some point in the future (assuming you hold your XSPEC) you'll have to go through the upgrade process regardless. Anyway, it's really your personal sense of the cost/benefit of getting your coins into your own possession ASAP, vs. saving a few minutes of download/installation/pain-in-the-ass time.
BrianH

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:53:49 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 07:30:51 PM by BrianH

The coins in my wallet are captured! How do I send the coins in my private wallet to a public address like Cryptopia? When I try to perform a balance transfer to move the coins to my public wallet, I receive the error: "Error: Invalid Stealth address."

!!! I want my coins!

Edit: So since this project spun off from ShadowCash, it looks like by doing a "balance transfer" of my coins to a private address, it destroyed my SpectreCoins in the process and I am left with useless "SpectreTokens?" Is that correct? So the only way to fully transact privately with this coin is to convert SpectreCoins into useless SpectreTokens?

https://doc.shadowproject.io/#introduction25
Code:
"ShadowTokens (SDT)

In order to transact anonymously, we have introduced an anonymous token, which we will refer to as Shadow. Shadow can be minted, destroying SDC (ShadowCash) in the process, and outputting a group of Shadow tokens totalling the same value (minus the transaction fee) of the destroyed SDC. Shadow Tokens take form of outputs on the ShadowCash blockchain and each one of them has its own private and public key.

SDT is only spendable by providing a traceable ring signature to prove ownership of a token of the same value.

Once a Shadow Token is created, we can claim a different output in pool of the same value, by providing a traceable ring signature. We provide a keyImage of the private key to prevent double spending.

To increase the pool of outputs available for ring signatures, the SDC value is broken up into separate Shadow Tokens for each decimal place of the total value. The tokens are further broken up into values of 1, 3, 4 and 5. For example 1.7 SDC would become 3 tokens of values 1.0, 0.3 and 0.4.

For clarity: ShadowCash (SDC) is the native public token, ShadowTokens - aka Shadow - is the private token."

Does this mean I have 367.2480570 worthless SpectreTokens that I can't convert into anything???

Edit2: Guess I am waiting at least 3-6 months to use my coins. AWESOME!

https://spectreproject.io/roadmap/
Code:
2.0 (Target: Q2 2018)

Stealth addresses and transactions become the default.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/77cq6u/can_i_send_from_exchange_to_stealth_address/
Code:
    Can I send from exchange to stealth address?

No. Our current exchanges don't support stealth transactions. If you want to anonymize your transaction from exchange to wallet, just create a new, unused address for receiving. Note that the exchange still knows your IP address, personal details etc.

Do stealth addresses appear on the block explorer?

No. Stealth addresses (when sending normal coins to it) are basically a blind alias for real addresses that appear on the block explorer. Each time a stealth address receives some funds, they go to a different address, so that the payments are not linkable.

Aschcraw

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:51:15 PM

20$ each coin in 1month quote
ohliuw

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:48:13 PM

what is thw maximum supply? coinmarketcap doesnt have this mumber?
ohliuw

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:37:42 AM

what is thw maximum supply? coinmarketcap doesnt have this mumber?

so? what is the max supply?
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:40:36 AM

Soon xspec will be add to Binance and soon price hit 100$, after 100$ will move confidently to 500$ (10b marketcap)
It is happen soon
beaupain

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:28:29 AM

Soon xspec will be add to Binance and soon price hit 100$, after 100$ will move confidently to 500$ (10b marketcap)
It is happen soon

how do you know? source?

Can the Spectre team confirm all the submissions(requests) to new exchanges such as Binance?
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: