Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:19:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14640 times)
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:57:54 PM

it depend on the situations itself if the market uptrend still unstoppable i think i would wait a little longer to sell but normally 20-30% profit from my basic capital is enough for me and if the market situations downtrend and dropped gradually maybe cutting my losses will be my actions but there is no certain losses and certain profit in trading
If you will decide if you are going to sell your funds of bitcoin you need to have a reason or somehow a basis for you to deal with it with transaction or trading. But for me it would be better if you would consider on depending on the price of bitcoin in terms of its value in the market where you could earn the soon you have the time to deal with good decision on sellng your Bitcoin.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
J Gambler

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:05:56 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
many time i confusion when i order for sell and buy. all time i follow market cap. when investor come for buy sell. other i follow different exchanger if i see other market this coin increase i wait for sell. if i coin price decrease i sell recent.
Do not follow the investors or the moves of the other people. You need to build your own strategy and build your own originality in order to make better trades in the future because if you will depend on someone or something then it will not become a great way to be a master of trading. You need to stand at your own feet.
I agree that being an investor, a buyer, or a seller we have to make our own strategy and uniqueness when it comes in trading our bitcoin. Though we can get some information, advice's or even their strategies on other investors in their business tactics. I do believe that you could think the most effective strategy that you could apply in your bitcoin. Like for thinking that your going to sell your bitcoin, well it would be good if you try to study first the increasing and decreasing of prices and how it works before you take a risk.

Y U MAD AT ME
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:58:05 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
many time i confusion when i order for sell and buy. all time i follow market cap. when investor come for buy sell. other i follow different exchanger if i see other market this coin increase i wait for sell. if i coin price decrease i sell recent.
Do not follow the investors or the moves of the other people. You need to build your own strategy and build your own originality in order to make better trades in the future because if you will depend on someone or something then it will not become a great way to be a master of trading. You need to stand at your own feet.
Why not? If you know the move of whales, why do not follow them? Did you hear the rule " Follow the whales on the market "? Trading the oppisite their move only make you take loss while they put their money to pump/dump their coin.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:07:36 PM

Before investing into any crypto we have to decide at what price we have to sell and at what % of profit we have to sell. If not means we have to wait until the price of coin increase otherwise you will be in loss.

Since bitcoin value still volatile , it's difficult to predict for example , I thought that bitcoin will increase into $ 5000 until Chinese's goverment decide to ban bitcoin.
But I'm still believe that bitcoin always increase as I can see on the graph history

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:19:37 PM

I simply follow my needs. Maybe my advantage is that I don't buy bitcoins but earn them so I'm not so worried about the loss when the price goes down. I sell my coins or use bitcoin debit card when I need some extra funds but I'm always careful not to spend everything. When you sell it's important not to lose the funds you have invested.

malaj
Cazkys

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:49:38 PM

An example scenario when I'm selling be it stocks, Alternative coins or Bitcoin the things that I look up first is if I need the money now or if the current price ceiling have already been reached. Those are my usual terms when it comes on selling. I don’t sell if I don’t need to or even if I'm told to sell what I have. I always be the first and last to decide on what to do with my own, timing is money. For me if I am need, in case of an emergency that's the time I sell equivalent to the things that I need.
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1117

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:09:57 PM

a possibility:
the time to sell is when the trade hits your target
for best results just get in trades with risk/reward >= 2
preferabily: 3/1

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:13:25 PM

What's your strategy?

yes thats right dont look for what the investors might their move when its time to sell making your own decision will help you a lot by this format you must gonna do what your strategy on that so by this if you might loss that would be your lesson as a trader much better if you loss with your fault and not by the others what told about you.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:16:07 PM

I simply follow my needs. Maybe my advantage is that I don't buy bitcoins but earn them so I'm not so worried about the loss when the price goes down. I sell my coins or use bitcoin debit card when I need some extra funds but I'm always careful not to spend everything. When you sell it's important not to lose the funds you have invested.

Why we should not buy bitcoins. That will increase in future for sure. So everyone will looking to buy the bitcoins whenever they get the money. I do selling bitcoins whenever I am in need of money unless that I won't sell my coins and save it for future. You will definitely knows most of the people hold the bitcoin for long term. I am considering that as much savings as well as investment to grow.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
cramblimp

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:17:16 AM

When the price is high, that's when I sell. When the low price I will hold it, menuggu high price.

Yes, that is the right decision. We can sell bitcoin when its price was really high and when its price is getting low we need to wait until its price rise again. When you sell your bitcoin on its low price maybe that is your regret because bitcoin price was fluctuating and it is rapidly increasing the price. So just wait and earn a high profit.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:32:06 AM

I always monitored bitcoin through bitcoin ticker so this is the way I always do. I don't say it might worked to anyone else but it works for me. I put alerts on it, example if it reaches 4500$ greater than it alarms the same way when I made an alert 4300$ below. That's the first alert so i made the same alert but on 4501$ above and 4299$ below. I always sell at 4450$ as minimum but I have sell at 4900$ before. I always have time to it because I'm at home most of the time. Sometimes I verified my prediction to bitcoinwidom.com if bitcoin will be going up or not.

HODL
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:02:27 AM

BUY LOW - SELL HIGH

Based on this motto, the time to sell is when the price rises and time to buy is when the price is low. Wink

And that is what I always aim to do. The hard part is holding when you are stuck. You just want to sell and take your losses and keep trading when sometimes it just requires a bit of patience to wait until the price rebounds. Anyways, I haven't made much trading as it is hard to time the market and prefer to stick to the old buy on HODL. Tongue

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Cryptomover

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 02:12:57 AM

BUY LOW - SELL HIGH

Based on this motto, the time to sell is when the price rises and time to buy is when the price is low. Wink

And that is what I always aim to do. The hard part is holding when you are stuck. You just want to sell and take your losses and keep trading when sometimes it just requires a bit of patience to wait until the price rebounds. Anyways, I haven't made much trading as it is hard to time the market and prefer to stick to the old buy on HODL. Tongue

It's very difficult to predict the price movement so a long-term passive investing strategy might be better Smiley
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:26:03 AM

Why we should not buy bitcoins. That will increase in future for sure. So everyone will looking to buy the bitcoins whenever they get the money. I do selling bitcoins whenever I am in need of money unless that I won't sell my coins and save it for future. You will definitely knows most of the people hold the bitcoin for long term. I am considering that as much savings as well as investment to grow.
Those people who did not brave enough or don't want to buy bitcoin usually feel insecure.
They are don't really believe in bitcoin and full of fears to lose their money value. You can do both earn and keep buying at once btw.
You should never sell your bitcoin as it is gonna so worthy in the future just hold it as long as possible.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:43:07 AM

What's your strategy?

I just set up a target price and wait for it to be hit. I wouldn't mind if the price went higher because I accepted the fact that I cannot always sell at the top or buy at the bottom. Crypto trading is so volatile and if I don't set a target price and missed an opportunity to sell when I was in profit then I would be disappointed that's why after buying, I would immediately set a target profit because who knows someone or a group may pump the coin and we know that pumping a coin just last for a few minutes and if during that time, I was not able to set a selling price and it was reach then I lose my opportunity to sell during that time.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:28:38 AM

I always research before selling because my aim is to make always profit for at least 30 to 40% on the investment I made otherwise I will hold until I make the profit on it. This is my minimum target for selling the coins in the market.
Well, it is important that the coin you choose to invest, if it is truly potential, profits from 30% to 40% will probably come true, but vice versa if it is not potential, the best is that we should sell it as soon as possible when we have a profit, so we need to research carefully before investing. And I think the time to sell has been decided since we invested, we have relied on a lot of factors to determine the goals we want to achieve, if the goal is achieved, we will sell and vice versa
I think you are talking about getting a fixed ratio of profit. That is amazing id you are really trying and working under this idea. Besides holding, in trading, it is so important to put you bitcoins and then at the end of day if you are getting that much fixed ratio, just sell and buy more.

criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:08:58 AM

We should learn how to buy first. Then we will know how to sell them in the market. Research also the coins that you are buying if it has a potential to grow. Follow the news in crypto and learn from others. Also learn from your own experience. That's the way of my trading. Cheers!!!! Cool

JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:49:21 PM

I decide when it's time to sell when there is a bull rush. This usually occurs after something good, like that Sign Guy and Draghi Chairman of the EU said Bitcoin can't be regulated. But only a little every several years otherwise it's buy and hold for long term.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:08:06 PM

as for me. i will keep monitoring if the price gone higher then that's the time i will sell my coins but still depends on the situation. i'd rather keep my coins for emergency purposes in the future that way it is more valuable.
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:54:46 PM

What's your strategy?
If what you say happens is already a trader risk, maybe if it happened to me, I would look for another coin because if I insist on buying maybe not profit. I only take profit if the price is higher than what I bought, if I set up too high while the price is still higher then I will sell it even though only making a small profit.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: