Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:52:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14640 times)
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:07:34 AM

I'm trying not to be greedy, i sell when the price is higher than when i buy. Sometime i'm waiting for higher price but the dump started.
But by split my coin to sell at different price, i still can get big profit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:31:15 AM

I decide it's time to sell rarely. I'll choose a time over 6 months so the graphs I look at are quite zoomed out so I wait until huge news and see if a bull trend catches on and jumps out of the Bollinger Bands.

zergenyt09

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:12:13 PM

When the price is high, that's when I sell. When the low price I will hold it, menuggu high price.

Yes, that is the right decision. We can sell bitcoin when its price was really high and when its price is getting low we need to wait until its price rise again. When you sell your bitcoin on its low price maybe that is your regret because bitcoin price was fluctuating and it is rapidly increasing the price. So just wait and earn a high profit.
In my opinion, there is no other good way of deciding the time of selling than making his own mind like the amount of profit he wants to earn from Bitcoins.

I sell the Bitcoins quite often but when I do sell my Bitcoins I make sure that I am getting at least 60% of the profit on each single Bitcoin.
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:54:08 PM

It is all about the day how the trend is I check the news weather there will be panic in the market will raise. I immediately Book my profit This is how I deside.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

If i know it will go down and will be so long to recover i usually sell then wait for it to go down then i buy and wait for it to go up.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:19:40 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

Well, what I did was when the value is high its time to sell while when the value is cheap, I guess its time to buy. This was the basic rules in doing trade in the market. Just simple as that Wink
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:23:09 PM

I usually sell when I reach 7-10% profit in a day and limit trade when the market is showing down. I think this will reduce the anxiety of everyone and they should calm down when selling at cheap rates
lucy1215

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:50:35 AM

I do decide to sell when my profit expectation reached my target percentage. I used to set atleast 30-50% of my investment but if i feel that investment could still go higher i still hold but if i dont feel it i sell it.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:45:51 AM

If i don't have time to sell coin, i just hold it, because every coin will pump again. No one can say how long i should hold my coin, because it vary from pump to pump. I use my personal inuition and knowledge.
Killerhatz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:16:16 AM

I realized that some events have an ambiguous effect on the price of bitcoins. For example, bans or permits for holding ICOs in countries always lead to  falling or increasing in price. Has anyone noticed such trends? I think understanding of such events is the key to deep understanding of this issue.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:40:41 AM

I decide it's time to sell rarely. I'll choose a time over 6 months so the graphs I look at are quite zoomed out so I wait until huge news and see if a bull trend catches on and jumps out of the Bollinger Bands.

You really are trading for a very long time, how many percent of these trades do you earn? A lot of small amount of profit ends the trade.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
CataloniaFM

Activity: 145

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:43:00 AM

I do not sit all day on the Internet and do not follow the price movement, I just look at how high the price of the coin is from the moment of purchase and decide whether it is profitable for me to sell it now.

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:04:05 AM

If i don't have time to sell coin, i just hold it, because every coin will pump again. No one can say how long i should hold my coin, because it vary from pump to pump. I use my personal inuition and knowledge.
With this little knowledge you have right now, I think it is quite authentic and valid. Every wise and smart trader will advise you to make a strong strategy of how you sell and buy. Especially for selling, either you use margin based or you are just holding without any daily tension. See the price charts carefully, do your homework, make plan and then sell accordingly.
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:01:32 AM

I do decide to sell when my profit expectation reached my target percentage. I used to set atleast 30-50% of my investment but if i feel that investment could still go higher i still hold but if i dont feel it i sell it.
This is a very good idea to set some target in your mind, like how much profit you want to earn from your Bitcoin right at the time of buying Bitcoins. This will ease your mind and you will not face any difficulty in deciding the right time of selling your Bitcoins. I personally sell my Bitcoins at the time when I get 50-60 % of profit.
Baijit20

Activity: 414

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:06:56 PM

when I saw good percentage of profite regarding on my investment then I decide it's time to sell.
kafeelniazi

Activity: 280

Organic PR on Tier 1 media

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:13:44 PM

when I saw good percentage of profite regarding on my investment then I decide it's time to sell.
that's good option, do you set any aim for profit percentage ? because when i invest i aimed for a profit and price of bitcoin, when price come to my plan then i sell my coin.

"Unlock Your Project's True Potential with Leading Media Exposure: Get Featured on Forbes, Coin Telegraph, USA WEEKLY & more – Gain Global Recognition and Skyrocket Your Success!"
Mr.john

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:06:17 PM

It depends on a lot of things. Your needs. The situation. The price. The market movement. It's up to the person who's selling to know which of these reasons apply as all here are valid for one to sell the coins they have. Sometimes we're left wih no choice but to sell if we're in need of money. So as long as it benefits you, sell.
For me, i will decided to sell my bitcoin based on the situation, that i really need it,  because of the price that getting higher. Well it is time to sell bitcoin, when we will see a good percentage of profit that we may get into our investment, and it is good to sell, when my profit expectations will be reach my only one target of percentage. Also i will sell my bitcoin when i get 60 to 70 percent above of profit that I'm going to earned.
dead_m92

Activity: 650

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:09:52 PM

It depends a lot, sometimes when i invest 0.10 btc in a trade, i set my stop profit when it reaches 0.11, so i make a fixed profit from almost all trades. And it depends, i made a trade of 1 btc a few months ago, and i put it to take profit at 1.10 btc. Obviously this rates were when the price was so much volatile, in July i guess, but now the market is much more quiet than before.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:19:16 PM

It depends a lot, sometimes when i invest 0.10 btc in a trade, i set my stop profit when it reaches 0.11, so i make a fixed profit from almost all trades. And it depends, i made a trade of 1 btc a few months ago, and i put it to take profit at 1.10 btc. Obviously this rates were when the price was so much volatile, in July i guess, but now the market is much more quiet than before.

I dont think so as today also the market is fluctuating more then 100$ everyday it is just you have to set the price for buying and selling and get profit.
Loope

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:25:17 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

Well for, as a seller I think i might be decide during the free time, I think for way that there is high price of bitcoin, I gonna be so incredible if we are getting online at all times so we need to wait for the seek of high value we need. Basically it is easy for us to wait for that particular time, then i think there is a increasing value, sometimes it will fall then it will rise again, well we have to focus on in order to achieve what is the higher value.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: