Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:10:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14640 times)
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:36:17 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
We should have many strategies and techniques for us to earn many money in the trading world. My strategy is very simple, I buy when the price is low and I sell my coins if the price is high. I can say that it is the easiest and one of the profitable techniques.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bodikuk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:46:04 AM

I decide selling bitcoin depends on:
my needs
bitcoin price is high i can get good profits.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:41:26 AM

my needs
Selling is all about the satisfaction price and as it comes I will sell and more of it if this question is asked generally the buy at the mist low prices when there is dump buy as much as you can because this coin will give you so much in future, and sell at that time when you think that price will not rise more and now prices are going up and there is no stopping limit for them so for now wait for 3 more weeks and then sell.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:45:25 PM

my needs
It is not a difficult task to decide when you have to sell your Bitcoin. All I know is that being the most highly valued digital currency they are not worth selling at anytime. Even in urgent need one should have some supplementary way of  earning instead of selling the BTC  for fulfilling your needs. Otherwise everyone do prefer the time of high market price that is most appropriate for selling your digital assets.
kuronokishi10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:56:05 PM

according to me its probably upto the buyer,i.2. depends on the profit margin he has set.
In general it is advisable to sell when there is a sudden rise in its prices because usually it is followed by a dip.
(this dip may have no or significant impact .)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:59:30 PM

my needs
It is not a difficult task to decide when you have to sell your Bitcoin. All I know is that being the most highly valued digital currency they are not worth selling at anytime. Even in urgent need one should have some supplementary way of  earning instead of selling the BTC  for fulfilling your needs. Otherwise everyone do prefer the time of high market price that is most appropriate for selling your digital assets.

Well what do you plan to do with your coins then? Eventually there will come a point when you'll have to sell it, whether for profit or necessity. The reason you're saving btc is for you to sell it at a profitable rate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:15:50 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?

If only I can have a good internet connection everyday I will monitor different coin prices. It is just to be updated with the latest price so that I will be able to know if a coin is rising so I can now sell it.
Another tthing I do, I set my coin in a not so impossible price. If it is green it has a potential to rise more so if the price now is 0.003 then I will set it in 0.005 . Luckily someone bought it.i did the same thing a few hours ago, I did not visit my exchanger acount yet.
Sometimes if the coin is going down and down, I set it to current price convert it to bitcoin then I will just wait for the bitcoin to pump. And yes it if effective for me.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:30:28 PM

I think you need to monitor it everytime. Don't trade if your lazy to watch of your coin. Just sell if the price gets higher.
Kanahide

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:40:43 PM

I think there is no formula about the right timing to sell your coins. Maybe its just right to listen to your instincts. Just dont buy in to fomo and keep on reading whats going on in the comunity of the coin you are trading. Keep an eye on some indicators and be prepared to dump all your coins. You never know what might happen

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Protomono

Activity: 868

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:47:35 PM

Whenever i want, condition in profit at least 8%. While on bitcoin, i sell when has achieved profit above 20%. Although it can be said hastily, but it's my sustenance. So, I don't feel loss potential to gain bigger profit.

WARRIORS LAND        ◼◼◼   is a multiplayer game
    ►►►►►► 100 PVP ARENAS ◄◄◄◄◄◄   
[ TELEGRAM ]      TWITTER ]      [ MEDIUM ]
Chronos_angel

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:58:35 PM

What's your strategy?

I'll put a price where I think it gives me a lot of advantages, right you say if put the price is too high, we will not be able to sell anything.
So the decision will return to itself
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:14:07 PM

It depends. Are you doing long-term, mid-term or short term investment?

Long term the best is to just HODL. Sell if you need to pay expenses in fiat.

Midterm is really up to you. How much profits do you want to walk away with?

Short term/day trading - Analyze charts and sell when the technical indicators suggest you do so.

crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:59:20 PM

Well it depends on what is your plan with your trade. If you invest it for long term then I think you shouldnt be worrying it. If day trader then apparently within the. I usually take profit if it hits 5-7%. This will be a more realistic target. Search for a volatile coin and have a good volume so that you can get out easily. For midterm I think 20-30% is sufficient enough but if I am  anticipating news that may give a big impact to the coin then I just set a stop loss then if it gets higher then I just adjust my stop loss. As they always say have a trading plan before entering any trade.

nodelover

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:32:55 AM

Once you bought a bitcoin, you have to be patient and cautious when you are about to sell your bitcoin. I sell it once the price climbs up and look at the previous charts as a guide if the price can climb more.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS            
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:46:25 AM

I think you need to monitor it everytime. Don't trade if your lazy to watch of your coin. Just sell if the price gets higher.

You need to monitor every time if you're just holding it for short or mid term but if you're into long term holding all you need is to sit with it.
I decide to sell when I profited at least 10% of it like I don't wanna be too greedy and just want to have a fast return of investment then will just buy back again in dips. Also I sell of course when I need some fiat like if there's an unavoidable circumstances that I need to take an action but if none, I didn't touch my coins and watch it grow.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
aleksabat

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:07:12 AM

Right now i do not like to sell altcoins, because the price it is too low. I can sell them only in case if it gets x3-x5. Then i could sell 50% of assets. But i think in future everything is going to have higher price, so there is no point to sell a lot.

chadzscript

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:22:36 AM

for me, first of all if i need money, but if you think that bitcoin value will going to fall maybe it's time to sell your bitcoin but do it in your own risk.
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:39:44 AM

What's your strategy?
 No you are wrong. me and my friends always monitor different coins price so that when the price is pumping we will not miss it and that is the time to convert our coin. by that your questions such as

" If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all. "

will not rise. you will avoid selling bitcoin in low price. By means of monitoring we can also analyze what coin is better to buy or not. We can make sure that the we are buying is a good coin and many people are trading this coin so we have assurance that we have profit and we did not waste our money buying this coin

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:16:13 AM

I always decide selling bitcoin on my situations,sometime bitcoin price will increase on that case i am happy to sell it.some crucial times also i will set the bitcoins.
In short you are trying to say that selling your Bitcoins is due to a mere reason of falling short  of money supply required meet the daily needs of a person. but if you allow me to guide you in this regard then my  suggestion would obviously be a big no to selling the BTCs. this is because prices we rise to a higher level without you getting noticed about the situation and hence it would become impossible for you to buy whatever you have sold again.
If the investor is living in the country where bitcoin is used frequently then there is no issue about shortage of money because in those countries bitcoin can be used as payment and this coin has capability to overcome any type of financial crisis because this coin gives so much that one can easily survives in shortage time and sell bitcoin in the time of high price and more of it buy at the time of falling, so simple.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:34:24 AM

I always decide selling bitcoin on my situations,sometime bitcoin price will increase on that case i am happy to sell it.some crucial times also i will set the bitcoins.
In short you are trying to say that selling your Bitcoins is due to a mere reason of falling short  of money supply required meet the daily needs of a person. but if you allow me to guide you in this regard then my  suggestion would obviously be a big no to selling the BTCs. this is because prices we rise to a higher level without you getting noticed about the situation and hence it would become impossible for you to buy whatever you have sold again.
Everyone does the same for selling bitcoin. You never know about untold and unwarned financial crisis and to overcome them, you are supposed to sell off bitcoin. Personally I am in favor of setting targets with bitcoin and sell them off when you reach your targeted value and if we look at the current situation of bitcoin, holding is best till the mid of December because then bitcoin will be of 7k dollars.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: