Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:32:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14642 times)
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:06:01 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
You should have always target price for you to consider that it is now the time to sell your coins. My strategy in trading is I buy a coin when price is low and I will sell it if the price of the coin exceed in 10%.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
octopus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:45:33 AM

I do not know what exactly when to buy or sell. i just follow the market and choose the suitable time when i have gotten profit or i wanna cut loss

royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:15:06 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?

In my case, I decide when it's time to sell when a certain coin has reached my set profit goal. Usually, I set my margin between 30-50%, so when a certain coin reaches that profit margin, I will begin to consider if its time to sell; however, I don't just jump the gun and immediately sell it when I see that that margin has been reached. I also check how the coin has moved in the passed days or weeks because there is still that possibility of it continuously increasing in value, it may give a return already, but as always, the more the merrier.

clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:24:15 AM

You sell when the price is trading at your target price. And if you are selling during bear market,  you could average down to buy more and sell when there is any percentage increase from 10%.

bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:25:27 AM

Basically I am used coinmarket cap for choosing any coin to buy and sell. when ever a coin would be much more dump I do buy this coin and then when ever that coin will be pump I do sell. I am following this formula for my trading.

I think you are not choosing the right path for selecting the coin because we have to check complete details about their growth and developments. In CMC there are many Pump and dump coin so don't choose those coin you will lose your money fastly. Try to find the potential coin in order to be safe and to make money with your investment.
Targusluxe

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:37:16 AM

What's your strategy?

In all of my trades im setting my sell order on 20 to 30% gain. I prefer a small profit and it works for me.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:32:22 PM

What's your strategy?

In all of my trades im setting my sell order on 20 to 30% gain. I prefer a small profit and it works for me.
- Your profit goal is quite safe, but sometimes that will make you miss out on a lot of profit, so I suggest you have a wiser strategy, and with my experience, I think you should evaluate the information that helps the coin rise, then decide the profit goal. Analysis of news is very important in trading, it will have a certain impact on our profit, in addition, to optimize profits, we need to divide the total number of coins into multiple parts, sell with higher and higher prices, it will help us avoid regret when prices exceed our expectations

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
miang

Activity: 196
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:57:11 PM

If I see that the coin that I have and it will increase the price first i will check the buy orders so I can know if many buyer want to buythat coin if you see more maybe the coin you bhave it will increase more so you can hold it again. But its up to you if you want to sell it or not. Because if you choose selling is also good because you make profit is good. Holding coij again is also good because you can make more profit.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:08:24 PM

It depends on what is your target and what is your timeline to sell. For example if you want to invest for a certain period then you need not watch all day long and periodic check once in a week is sufficient. If you are concerned about the price as target, yes you need to check once in a day at least but do not panic when price goes down and wait for the good price to reach but fix up a target price like x5 times or so to sell so that you won't miss huge profit. 
Night4G

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:21:54 PM

It is your own satisfaction on when you are going to sell your coins. If you think you have reach your value's limit and when it will give you a high profit. It is worth if you are going to get a $10-$50 profit I guess

cepedacharles

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:42:03 PM

I only decide that it is time to sell my coins when i badly needed money,for example emergencies if my cash or paper money is not enough then i don't have any other choice but to sell my coins.But as long as i don't badly need it I prefer to hold my coins and wait until the high price begins. I really want to save what i have now for my two boys.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:18:37 PM

Knowing when to sell can be very difficult at times, but I think the major reason for the losses of some people is greed. They get too greedy that they don't sell when there is an increase in the price.  They hold on to their coin hoping to get an even higher price but this has, according to the trend, been the reason for the losses.
I believe the right time to sell is when the prices are high enough to give a significant amount of profit.

Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:38:43 PM

I only decide that it is time to sell my coins when i badly needed money,for example emergencies if my cash or paper money is not enough then i don't have any other choice but to sell my coins.But as long as i don't badly need it I prefer to hold my coins and wait until the high price begins. I really want to save what i have now for my two boys.
Yes everyone has its own strategy, to me i have invested my money in bitcoin for a long time and therefore i am not going to sell my bitcoin in next few years and that is the reason that i do not consider any time as best time for selling bitcoin, in fact i am going to hold my bitcoin fore few more years because i am sure that bitcoin will give me a good profit after some time.
valterventura

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:24:22 PM

Selling bitcoin depends in the necessity of the owner and of course the price of its exchange. The higher the price the best time to sell bitcoin because the more people also want to buy it. Just be careful of your wallet so that no one can access your hard earned bitcoins while your holding it.
chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:22:04 AM

Keeping an eye on the movement of the price is the best strategy as when to sell your bitcoin. Or either the requirement or target price you have set as when to trade it has been meet.
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:35:06 AM

My strategy is to always make an almost correct decisione and place orders which almost get filled when they should, and typically get filled when they shouldn't. In a few rare case I happened to get it right, for a change.
This is how I decide. Incredibly, I'm still not broke.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:49:44 AM

set the mind first and depends on what kind of investment you did it is related to fast trading or just you putted for long time as we know when the price is good try sell the coins if the price is low and if you have good capital then buy some more coin also that is the good way to proceed ahead can get idea like which i mention above.
Lhanofclover

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:49:54 AM

When selling my investment or tokens is always difficult for me because there are always thoughts that if i sell it there is a chance that it will increase more. I take my selling decision serious as it will affect my next trading pattern that's why i only sell a portion of my holdings as short trade when i see the price take a lift then i will sell the others when it comes high in price in a long term.
minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:02:09 AM

I usually checked the 24 hr market volume for the time to buy or sell. IMO, it makes more sense to determine the demand rather than the price.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:49:47 AM

Basically I am used coinmarket cap for choosing any coin to buy and sell. when ever a coin would be much more dump I do buy this coin and then when ever that coin will be pump I do sell. I am following this formula for my trading.
This is a good strategy, and this is almost the same I am informing. The thing is that you have to follow the gurus and pundits of this market if you want to earn maximum profit from this.

Try to follow a couple of international financial advisors so that you can really get to know the reason behind the fluctuation and this will help you decide about the selling and buying. Though this is long process, it takes time to understand things in the beginning but ultimately things get better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: