Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:08:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14640 times)
infinity33

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:11:45 PM

In my opinion, It will depend on the person when he or she decides to sell the bitcoin. Everyone has own plan to sell their bitcoin, so if you need the money and there are no ways to have money, so that is the best time to sell your bitcoin or altcoin, no matter what is the price convert it to the fiat. As long you have the money don't convert to fiat because the movement of the price on the markets change we don’t know when it will raise again.  At the end you  are the one will decide to sell or to hold.
this was my point of view also that the way on how you are able to sell just you make some decision for are may depends on you if you may have some plan of the way of you how are you may able to decide when are you planning to sell for.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:37:03 PM

In my opinion, It will depend on the person when he or she decides to sell the bitcoin. Everyone has own plan to sell their bitcoin, so if you need the money and there are no ways to have money, so that is the best time to sell your bitcoin or altcoin, no matter what is the price convert it to the fiat. As long you have the money don't convert to fiat because the movement of the price on the markets change we don’t know when it will raise again.  At the end you  are the one will decide to sell or to hold.

it is all depend on the person that is true like me when i sell i look unto the price before i decide to sell or not like today my decision is that i will not sell because of too low the value of bitcoin , as long as i can be frugal in handling my fiat i will , because it is full of regret if i sell and then the price started to go up again .
zircon

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:40:48 PM

I usually set an own target for each coin before investing. besides, i always follow the market frequently to catch news. it helps me give right decisions

Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

True, that one worked for me.

Others will always say buy low, sell high. But as for me, while the latter sure is helpful in trading, your personal gauge should be how much you bought it for and at what time you did so. That should be your baseline. So like for instance, you bought it for $1 today, you can try selling it at $1.5 tomorrow. Have a target on how much income you like, and write it down. (Always measure the time you intend to get back your return on investment.) Writing your goals will make you more motivated to do what you are ought to do. It will also keep you reminded of how much money you poured in in your investments. Hence as for me, keeping a timeline enabled me to be more conscious about what I am doing with my investments. In fact, it is the only thing I rely onto when I decide to sell.   
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:59:32 PM

Basically It's not possible to think or know when the good time to sell.Because it depend when the time to buy and what prices you buy.If you buy very low rate and keep hold then 30% profits is good i think.Yet it depends on your buy price position.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:25:54 PM

I sell my coins whenever the price is high. But its hard to know if the price is good enough to sell my coins. Some coins are grow even more in the future.
One thing is for sure and that is sell your coins only when the market value of the coins which you are having starts rising to this much of value that you can get some very good amount of money in the form of profit by selling your bitcoins. There is no right time for selling your bitcoins.

It is you who has to make this decision that now is the time to sell your bitcoins and that you can only do once you get satisfied with the money which you are getting in return.
RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:57:36 PM

To make a practical example, a good moment to sell would have been before the collapse of Bitcoin price in the past 24 hours. Technical analysis was pointing to the likeness of this drop. A bad moment to sell is during the collapse - panic selling is the worse you can do.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Gobeller

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:25:43 PM

I sell my coins whenever the price is high. But its hard to know if the price is good enough to sell my coins. Some coins are grow even more in the future.
One thing is for sure and that is sell your coins only when the market value of the coins which you are having starts rising to this much of value that you can get some very good amount of money in the form of profit by selling your bitcoins. There is no right time for selling your bitcoins.

It is you who has to make this decision that now is the time to sell your bitcoins and that you can only do once you get satisfied with the money which you are getting in return.

Sometimes you just think the price is high and then you sell your coins. Then you see price is making further returns up to 2x, 3x, 5x and so on. This is the worst scenario you can ever face with.
Hannibalis

Activity: 133

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

You better decide it when you buy and be satisfied with the profit you made even if the price goes higher. Nobody can predict the future.

B E L U G A  P A Y  || The first Complete Mobile POS System || [ ICO 1st Mar 2018 ]
     Visa & Mastercard Certified     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium
ViktorTroshka

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:26:05 PM

I do not know how others, but I sell a coin when it has already made a few X's and already has a large capitalization. Plus, if I found a coin with a lot of growth potential, which can grow much more if you buy it at the moment and put it off for half a year or a year.
The main thing is not to sell a few days before the release of good news on the coin, it is necessary to look at the roadmap.
benalexis12

Activity: 798
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 10:48:49 PM

In the first place i'm not greedy. i'm going to sell if i want to. the important here is i know how to enter the market and sell it off when the market is bullish.

osasshem

Activity: 625

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:38:55 PM

For me, I think setting a limit price for my trading is the best way to get profit without fear of it being dumped. Cause looking at the price chart at all day in the continous rise in price, a time might come where there will be a dump, and then one faces loss. Good plans for buying and selling with price margin.
komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:05:46 PM

For me, I think setting a limit price for my trading is the best way to get profit without fear of it being dumped. Cause looking at the price chart at all day in the continous rise in price, a time might come where there will be a dump, and then one faces loss. Good plans for buying and selling with price margin.
I practically do the same. If I have achieved the goal set in the canon, then this is right for me. I will never watch the maximum of any coin price, because in the next minute, As soon as I start to act, the price may fall.
len23

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:08:40 AM

For me i will consider the price before selling.I will assure that i gained a small profit.Read news about the market movement and if see that i will gain a litle bit money thats the time i will decide to sell.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:45:41 AM

There is no way to know which is the right moment. Usually, if the price goes up parabolic, any moment is good to sell, because the price could tank back any moment. You will often regret to have sold too early and to have gained less than you could have, but that's better than to have sold too late and to have actually lost money...
Yeah! That exactly is the dilemma of crypto market that it offers you chances for making money at large scale but you don’t know the time limit.

The best technique for dealing with this situation is to set some target for yourself and when you reach it, sell off your coins for enjoying the profit than holding them back in wallets with greed for larger profit. Mostly you lose this way because we all know the end results of being greedy.
namjar

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:59:15 AM

For me i will consider the price before selling.I will assure that i gained a small profit.Read news about the market movement and if see that i will gain a litle bit money thats the time i will decide to sell.

If you sell without any profits -> There are two chances -> You are a dumbass / you clearly forgot to put a stop loss.

Those are the only reasons, but i do not like to sell my cryptos, maybe that is the reason of why i have a lot of useless tokens on my MEW; it is like something usual for me.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
acekrish

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:12:48 AM

I think trading in crypto by trading analysis is very hard.The behaviour of crypto market is harder to predict than stock market in my opinion.I usually set sell order at margin of 20 % for normal crypto and 30 -40% when certain crypto in hyped in that period.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1044
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:42:38 AM

I would decide if I am satisfied with the price and it's profits. For me, As of now I will hold it for a long time because everyone felt being safe in bitcoin  investment. Maybe I will decide in this year or next ir even in a 2020, but it's too long enough to wait. I will hold this for now,  and when it's the time I will totally sell it so I could have my desire price and even a higher desire.

kamote291993

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:43:07 AM

Depends on the coin you are holding, with bitcoin you really dont sell it per say, you just let it do its thing, remember its going to go up and down but everyone main objective is to get it going up in price, so just hold on and enjoy the ride. Dont pull out every time it dips, even if its a large dip, it will eventually bring itsself back up.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:46:00 PM

I set a profit margin of almost 8% or 18% and as soon my invested coin reaches that price target,then i just sell my coins and complete the trade.Some don't set such profit limits and they simply follow the price rise thinking that it would continue to rise and suddenly when it gets dumped,then they suffer a huge loss by selling their coins at much lower price than their bought price.

It all depends on what price I bought. If I'm happy with the profit, I'm starting to sell. If I start to incur a loss, I sell at the minimum loss value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: