Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketplace trust  (Read 82940 times)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:28:10 PM

That is right. Smiley

If you go to my profile you'd (or someone with Default Trust list) see 60: -0 / +7 but what I see is 76: -0 / +9 because my list is different.

Also if you give a negative trust to anyone, his trust score will go down (red, if it was near 0), because you trust yourself. But no one else will see a change.
Anyone who has added you to their trust list will see the change.  Also, let's not call it "giving trust", it's already too confusing.  Call feedback 'feedback'.  Call putting someone on your trust list 'putting someone on your trust list'.  This is what the interface calls it.  If we are consistent in this, it may help these kinds of questions come up less often.  I swear that half the confusion on this topic is because there's a trust list, a trust score, and when people give feedback they start calling that trust too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 01:37:21 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 01:53:16 PM by ndnhc

Also, let's not call it "giving trust", it's already too confusing.  Call feedback 'feedback'.  Call putting someone on your trust list 'putting someone on your trust list'.  This is what the interface calls it.  If we are consistent in this, it may help these kinds of questions come up less often.  I swear that half the confusion on this topic is because there's a trust list, a trust score, and when people give feedback they start calling that trust too.

I don't see the confusion. Giving trust always means giving trust feedback just shorter to type than giving feedback. What else can it mean?

Trust feedback = Trust = Feedback = Trust rating = Rating
Trust is still the shortest Grin

The problem as I see is just that most new members are unaware that
 - a (personal) trust list exists,
 - everyone's trust list is self + DefaultTrust by default,
 - and the trust score they see is based on their own trust list and
 - the trust score any other person sees is based on that person's trust list.

That should be all.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:59:36 PM

I don't see the confusion. Giving trust always means giving trust feedback just shorter to type than giving feedback. What else can it mean?

It's not possible to give "trust feedback".  It is only possible to give feedback.  You have no control over whether that feedback is trusted or not.

The person giving feedback can choose whether to give positive feedback or negative feedback.

Then each user can choose whether to trust that feedback explicitly (through their own trust list) or implicitly (through the default trust list or a depth setting).

Therefore, each user individually is deciding for themselves whether or not to add trust to any given feedback.
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:16:57 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 06:29:16 PM by ndnhc

It's not possible to give "trust feedback".  It is only possible to give feedback.  You have no control over whether that feedback is trusted or not.

Oh I see. The confusion is between "trust feedback" and "trusted feedback".

I am using trust feedback to mean feedback in the trust system - regardless of whether it is trusted or not. Something like in say Marketplace Trust Feedback.

The person giving feedback can choose whether to give positive feedback or negative feedback.

Or neutral Grin
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:14:25 PM

It's not possible to give "trust feedback".  It is only possible to give feedback.  You have no control over whether that feedback is trusted or not.

Oh I see. The confusion is between "trust feedback" and "trusted feedback".

I am using trust feedback to mean feedback in the trust system - regardless of whether it is trusted or not. Something like in say Marketplace Trust Feedback.

Or neutral Grin

Right, and if you say "leaving trust" or "giving trust" it's really not clear whether you're trying to say that you left feedback or whether you added someone to your trust list.  In fact, I think when most people say "giving/leaving trust" the mean the former (feedback) when it sounds more like the latter (added to trust list).  Now mix this in with people asking how how the trust system works and you can hopefully see why it's confusing as hell.  Basically, call it what it is and things will be easier: leaving/giving feedback vs adding/removing from trust list.
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:11:39 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 07:27:47 PM by ndnhc

Right, and if you say "leaving trust" or "giving trust" it's really not clear whether you're trying to say that you left feedback or whether you added someone to your trust list.  In fact, I think when most people say "giving/leaving trust" the mean the former (feedback) when it sounds more like the latter (added to trust list).  Now mix this in with people asking how how the trust system works and you can hopefully see why it's confusing as hell.  Basically, call it what it is and things will be easier: leaving/giving feedback vs adding/removing from trust list.

I get your entire point, except how giving/leaving trust sounds more like the adding to the trust list? I think all people who say giving/leaving trust mean feedback, never came across the other one.

Edit: may be like this:
Giving trust to X -> I trust X -> by adding him to my trust list?
Leaving trust to X -> Huh Can't appear to mean anything other than leaving him a feedback..

I will try using feedback instead of trust. I knew trust wasn't the correct term to use, but I got stuck to it and didn't have any problems with that yet, so I just kept using it, just like I don't care about the grammar most of the times. Grin

Edit: If you ask me, newbies are like to use 'trust' than 'feedback'. Feedback can mean a lot of different things too. The link text reads Trust too, so it isn't really surprising that everyone new is like to use 'trust'.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:34:33 PM

Right, and if you say "leaving trust" or "giving trust" it's really not clear whether you're trying to say that you left feedback or whether you added someone to your trust list.  In fact, I think when most people say "giving/leaving trust" the mean the former (feedback) when it sounds more like the latter (added to trust list).  Now mix this in with people asking how how the trust system works and you can hopefully see why it's confusing as hell.  Basically, call it what it is and things will be easier: leaving/giving feedback vs adding/removing from trust list.

I get your entire point, except how giving/leaving trust sounds more like the adding to the trust list? I think all people who say giving/leaving trust mean feedback, never came across the other one.

Edit: may be like this:
Giving trust to X -> I trust X -> by adding him to my trust list?
Leaving trust to X -> Huh Can't appear to mean anything other than leaving him a feedback..

I will try using feedback instead of trust. I knew trust wasn't the correct term to use, but I got stuck to it and didn't have any problems with that yet, so I just kept using it, just like I don't care about the grammar most of the times. Grin

Edit: If you ask me, newbies are like to use 'trust' than 'feedback'. Feedback can mean a lot of different things too. The link text reads Trust too, so it isn't really surprising that everyone new is like to use 'trust'.

Yes, and those same newbies are the ones posting in these threads saying "wait, how does this work?".
kassadin5

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:43:29 PM

i have never scammed anybody on this forum, yet i have -16 for selling something against tearms of sales
even though i have 19 positive trust ratings, i have 4 negatives that gave me -16

people, i know im not doing something ideal, but im not a scammer, i have always treated my clients with utmost respect, as they can all confirm

with this post i personally ask Vod, mexxer-2, ibminer and Lutpin, to remove my trust rating, as it is simply not fair, have replaced every not working key my client had problems with, and the price on those is so low that you cant hold me by the same standards as when you buy a windows key for 199$ from the store

there are numerous forum members doing actuall scamming, i was scammed by forum user lind82 for 160$ 2 days ago, and he had -2 trust atm, i had -16

im not asking for the world here, but after being a member for some time i think i proved im not a scammer, the only thing your trust rating is doing is turning down my (potential) clients and sending them to other sellers, who are doing the same thing im doing

not to say i know a seller (i wont be naming him ofc) on the forum that is here a bit longer then me and has +1 trust rating, compared to my -16, and he is doing the SAME THING

please dont be hypocritical and let me do my work in piece, this is my only source of income and you are making serious problems to me (financially)

i hope you wont take this the wrong way
thank you for your time, and have a good day  Smiley
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:34:26 AM

i have never scammed anybody on this forum, yet i have -16 for selling something against tearms of sales
even though i have 19 positive trust ratings, i have 4 negatives that gave me -16

people, i know im not doing something ideal, but im not a scammer, i have always treated my clients with utmost respect, as they can all confirm

with this post i personally ask Vod, mexxer-2, ibminer and Lutpin, to remove my trust rating, as it is simply not fair, have replaced every not working key my client had problems with, and the price on those is so low that you cant hold me by the same standards as when you buy a windows key for 199$ from the store

there are numerous forum members doing actuall scamming, i was scammed by forum user lind82 for 160$ 2 days ago, and he had -2 trust atm, i had -16

im not asking for the world here, but after being a member for some time i think i proved im not a scammer, the only thing your trust rating is doing is turning down my (potential) clients and sending them to other sellers, who are doing the same thing im doing

not to say i know a seller (i wont be naming him ofc) on the forum that is here a bit longer then me and has +1 trust rating, compared to my -16, and he is doing the SAME THING

please dont be hypocritical and let me do my work in piece, this is my only source of income and you are making serious problems to me (financially)

i hope you wont take this the wrong way
thank you for your time, and have a good day  Smiley

The trust system has all sorts of issues.  I have no idea what you've done and I'm not interested in looking into it.  I will tell you that there are known scammers around here with neutral trust according to the default trust list.  If, as you say, you can straighten it out with these guys, then that's your best bet.  Also, a lot of these guys simply echo each others ratings so you ought to find out who actually accused you and sort it out with that person.

Note: if your thing is selling the MS product keys, I know Vod hates that and is unlikely to change his rating.
Sontoloyo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:28:42 AM

Dear sir,

I want to know, is the all user can give the trust to all member?
Example, if I still junior member, can I make trust to higher level than me like legendary member?
Can I give trust frequently to one user?
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:58:16 AM

Dear sir,

Example, if I still junior member, can I make trust to higher level than me like legendary member?

AFAIK, yes you can give trust ratings to any member even Satoshi, theymos or any default trust member. For your second question, you can give multiple ratings to a member but I'm not sure if it does have a timer before you can proceed in adding a new rating.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:43:13 PM

Dear sir,

AFAIK, yes you can give trust ratings to any member even Satoshi, theymos or any default trust member. For your second question, you can give multiple ratings to a member but I'm not sure if it does have a timer before you can proceed in adding a new rating.

There are some examples of ratings being removed when they were just spam.  For example, if some angry user leaves the same rating over and over again too many times on a trust page, the duplicates can be removed because it's just unnecessary clutter and spam.  I think these are the only examples of the trust system being "moderated".
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:58:21 PM

Dear sir,

There are some examples of ratings being removed when they were just spam.  For example, if some angry user leaves the same rating over and over again too many times on a trust page, the duplicates can be removed because it's just unnecessary clutter and spam.  I think these are the only examples of the trust system being "moderated".

But most of the time, big scam busters like Vod or Cryptodevil just leave it. It's a sign of them doing something right. Or maybe because after a day they'll get a hundred more. Don't know.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
SteinsMadScientist

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:45:13 AM

This... is awesome.  I have found it easier to navigate through certain posts that defame other members where they are the ones at fault.  Thanks.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 03:45:32 PM

This... is awesome.  I have found it easier to navigate through certain posts that defame other members where they are the ones at fault.  Thanks.

Hi, do you mean the navigation in terms of what friend ..?? . I don't see that here give something you mean. So try read beforehand, if indeed you want to comment on those who give something link and you argue so then you could do a quote
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:30:39 PM

I hjave been looking for about 2 hours for the answer to this question but can not find it.  I see my trust as green but when I was showing a buddy how to set up an account on the forum the other day, I showed him me and I was seen as black to him.  Please explain how that works.  I really do not care, I am just curious.  Thank you in advance.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:27:21 PM

I hjave been looking for about 2 hours for the answer to this question but can not find it.  I see my trust as green but when I was showing a buddy how to set up an account on the forum the other day, I showed him me and I was seen as black to him.  Please explain how that works.  I really do not care, I am just curious.  Thank you in advance.

Thats because the way you did setup your trustlist.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 05:55:18 PM

More specifically, you have someone on your trust list who gave you positive feedback and that person is not on your buddy's list.  Only feedback from people on your list shows up by "default" and influences the color you see in the marketplace sections.
zazarb
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1548

Get loan in just five minutes goo.gl/8WMW6n

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 12:36:09 PM

More specifically, you have someone on your trust list who gave you positive feedback and that person is not on your buddy's list.  Only feedback from people on your list shows up by "default" and influences the color you see in the marketplace sections.
Additional I can say, that even you not modified your list, you already have  over 210 person on your list by default(DT1+DT2),
which are "hidden" under user "DefaultTrust".

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:00:25 PM

Additional I can say, that even you not modified your list, you already have  over 210 person on your list by default(DT1+DT2),
which are "hidden" under user "DefaultTrust".
Not that I am trying to boost my trust or anything; but in a perfect world should I make a change that would show this rating to others?  I am not going to do this because I would like to wait until I get an honest review from someone everyone trusts, if that happens; I am just learning more how the system works.

██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: