Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketplace trust  (Read 82941 times)
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:50:05 AM

This is exactly what the forum needed thank you theymos finally the forum gets a feedback score!!!
Hopefully you can only rate members you agree to trade with? if not i will donate to get the feature added.

You can rate anyone, read through the thread and all will be explained.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sublime5447
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:30:25 PM

This is exactly what the forum needed thank you theymos finally the forum gets a feedback score!!!
Hopefully you can only rate members you agree to trade with? if not i will donate to get the feature added.

God damn.... BOO HISS. f me in the a, that sucks.. Theymos it is simple make a trade button both people enter terms both hit accept hitting accept is a binding agreement.. then you can rate the trade. f!@# how hard is that. 
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:45:46 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 09:03:10 PM by Matthew N. Wright

God damn.... BOO HISS. f me in the a, that sucks.. Theymos it is simple make a trade button both people enter terms both hit accept hitting accept is a binding agreement.. then you can rate the trade. f!@# how hard is that.  

This. Transaction related feedback is the only feedback anyone should care about imo, otherwise it becomes a political tool and popularity contest, or completely spammable like bitcoin-otc.

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:49:33 PM

Hi, I am trying to figure out how this trust works, is there a simple way to add people to your trust list, or do you have to type each one in the box in the "trust settings" page?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 08:56:34 PM

I've been typing everyone in, I don't think there is a button for it yet.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
tysat
Legendary

Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:51:47 AM

theymos, should be fairly simple to have something like this... right?  I'd say have it on their trust page, so it's easy for people to add, but not easily able to add by accident.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:18:12 PM

theymos, should be fairly simple to have something like this... right?  I'd say have it on their trust page, so it's easy for people to add, but not easily able to add by accident.

Yeah, I went to the trust page expecting there to be some sort of button "Trust this person", it took me a few times confusedly going back to people's trust pages and the trust setting page to finally figure out I could edit the list by typing in the box.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:57:42 PM

Yeah, I went to the trust page expecting there to be some sort of button "Trust this person", it took me a few times confusedly going back to people's trust pages and the trust setting page to finally figure out I could edit the list by typing in the box.

A "Trust" button should mean that you trust the person as far as giving them feedback, not that you want to simply display whom they trust for feedback. This "Trust" title is so misleading.

bitcoinbear

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:55:57 PM

A "Trust" button should mean that you trust the person as far as giving them feedback, not that you want to simply display whom they trust for feedback. This "Trust" title is so misleading.

So have the button say "Trust this person's feedback" to make it clear what the button does.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

So have the button say "Trust this person's feedback" to make it clear what the button does.

Exactly, and as an earlier poster said, this "Trust" thing is kind of unnecessary when you could just lock in the opinions of people whom did transactions with you by agreeing through the forum to exchange feedback on transactions. Press a button, agree to contract between two people, optional escrow, leave feedback, done. No need to trust anyone else's potentially political bias through negative feedback.

bitcoinbear

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:10:52 PM

Exactly, and as an earlier poster said, this "Trust" thing is kind of unnecessary when you could just lock in the opinions of people whom did transactions with you by agreeing through the forum to exchange feedback on transactions. Press a button, agree to contract between two people, optional escrow, leave feedback, done. No need to trust anyone else's potentially political bias through negative feedback.

I think you have it backwards. the "trusted feedback" is not meant to protect against superfluous negative feedback, it protects against sock-puppet positive feedback gaming the system. I can make a bunch of accounts and give myself rave reviews, but those would all show up as "untrusted feedback" since you have no reason to trust any of those accounts, and thus you would still want to be wary of me.

deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:20:57 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 06:10:41 PM by deslok

I think you have it backwards. the "trusted feedback" is not meant to protect against superfluous negative feedback, it protects against sock-puppet positive feedback gaming the system. I can make a bunch of accounts and give myself rave reviews, but those would all show up as "untrusted feedback" since you have no reason to trust any of those accounts, and thus you would still want to be wary of me.

While i understand that we need some form of system, this one is absurd, the default trust dept being auto set to two is going to do little to nothing, make me decide to trust people theymos trusts specifically without suddenly trusting everyone that hostfat does(i think default trust shouldn't exist at all ...)

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
keatonatron

Activity: 308

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:45:01 PM

Congrats Theymos, you just invented Ripple™  Grin

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:57:30 PM

Congrats Theymos, you just invented Ripple™  Grin

Bitcointalk has IOU's and flaws that ripple has?
FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:27:50 PM

The other "flaw" is that like on Ebay, you are nervous to give someone a bad review because payback is a b*tch. Alot of people will not buy from someone with less than a 99% positive.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:01:12 PM

As Cablesaurus accepts litecoin as a payment method. Could you add to the trust system, Risked LTC? I traded LTC for a powered adapter with him, and had to put Risked LTC into the comments section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=3784

Thanks in advance.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:02:59 PM

As Cablesaurus accepts litecoin as a payment method. Could you add to the trust system, Risked LTC? I traded LTC for a powered adapter with him, and had to put Risked LTC into the comments section.

Convert the LTC to BTC using the exchange rate at the time of rating.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:09:39 PM

Convert the LTC to BTC using the exchange rate at the time of rating.

Yea, see the problem is, I didn't risk BTC. I risked LTC. But I will leave it at that. Thanks Theymos Smiley.

Edit:
Imo, that would be a form of lieing.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:14:05 PM

Edit:

No, because the "Risked BTC" field is only meant to indicate how much value you risked. It doesn't matter what currency you used. You could even use that field for a barter transaction where no BTC was involved.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:20:14 PM

Edit:

No, because the "Risked BTC" field is only meant to indicate how much value you risked. It doesn't matter what currency you used. You could even use that field for a barter transaction where no BTC was involved.

I'm not being shitty, might sound like it, but I'm not. You're entitled to your opinion, as much as I am. Imo, it's considered lieing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: