Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:08:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketplace trust  (Read 82947 times)
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:21:07 PM

I wasn't to happy when i found out about default trust especially when I found out trade fortress had default trust.

"Man you guys are f@#$%d... I didnt realize what was meant by default trust.... f!@# you I dont trust any off you insiders. Especially TradeFortress there are numerous scammer threads about him... He is a lender! I dont trust lenders of coin!  I trust who I trust not who you think I should trust. Shit is bullshit."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:31:19 PM

It would be great if the trust rating of the person posting was displayed next to their thread post. So i dont have to click on the thread to see that it was posted by a scammer. That would be donation worthy to me  Smiley
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:39:51 PM

It would be great if the trust rating of the person posting was displayed next to their thread post. So i dont have to click on the thread to see that it was posted by a scammer. That would be donation worthy to me  Smiley

It is visible where it's needed the most —  in the Marketplace board and its child boards and in the Trading discussion board and its child boards.

Signature space available for rent.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:30:57 AM

Huh. That could be useful. Maybe a checkbox option in profile menu to turn it grey like an ignored person's, or grey out the OPs name in thread-browsing, or red it out. Something simple to let people know there's something up before they even click without being too in-your-face.

An option to automatically ignore people with a negative overall rating might be interesting, too. Maybe the server would maintain the list, a user can click "add negatively-repped members," and have the list populate from server data. This would also achieve the effect of graying out neg-repped OPs.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:54:53 AM

It is visible where it's needed the most —  in the Marketplace board and its child boards and in the Trading discussion board and its child boards.

Someones character should always be important.

I want to see it in the "started by" and "most recent post" columns. That way I know if a scammer started the thread or if a scammer replied to it.. 

Really every time someones name appears so should their trust rating.   
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:24:06 AM

Someones character should always be important.

I want to see it in the "started by" and "most recent post" columns. That way I know if a scammer started the thread or if a scammer replied to it.. 

Really every time someones name appears so should their trust rating.   

The whole Trust thing is just STUPID.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:21:30 PM

Best thing to do is empty your trust list, set trust depth to 0 and then add people one by one.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:24:05 PM

Tradefortress has recently come after me on this trust system.  He's apparently irked about something on coinchat.  He doesn't respond to pms but his accusation says that he 'risked' 1.5BTC on me.  As I've never received any btc from him on this forum personally, and he has me blocked for pming him, I have no idea what to do about this accusation. 

Another point is that I've never bought or sold any bitcoins, ever.  Now that tradefortress, a "VIP" member has branded me as untrustworthy, I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.

Seems to me that the trust system is too subject to abuse by powerful members of the forum.  I'm not sure what to do or how to resolve the attack on my reputation by a a powerful user here who even has my pms blocked.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:27:52 PM

his accusation says that he 'risked' 1.5BTC on me.

That's fraudulent. Make a thread about it.

I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.
Garr255 came back fine from a negative rating. Also try bitcoin-otc.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:42:51 PM

Tradefortress has recently come after me on this trust system.  He's apparently irked about something on coinchat.  He doesn't respond to pms but his accusation says that he 'risked' 1.5BTC on me.  As I've never received any btc from him on this forum personally, and he has me blocked for pming him, I have no idea what to do about this accusation. 

Another point is that I've never bought or sold any bitcoins, ever.  Now that tradefortress, a "VIP" member has branded me as untrustworthy, I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.

Seems to me that the trust system is too subject to abuse by powerful members of the forum.  I'm not sure what to do or how to resolve the attack on my reputation by a a powerful user here who even has my pms blocked.

Seems like a mistake. TF is a a bit of a bully though. No worries just make a thread about it and the truth will come out. Ask for him to provide evidence.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:06:38 PM

his accusation says that he 'risked' 1.5BTC on me.

That's fraudulent. Make a thread about it.

I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.
Garr255 came back fine from a negative rating. Also try bitcoin-otc.

We are discussing now in another thread, in a sense that's encouraging.

Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement about trading.  In fact, I'm not trying to trade at the moment, but I am trying to clear my reputation of false allegations should I ever wish to do so.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:11:28 PM

- snip -
Now that tradefortress, a "VIP" member has branded me as untrustworthy, I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.
- snip -

Nah, it won't keep people from trading with you.  They'll just require you to send first, or they'll require that the transaction use a trusted third party to hold the bitcoins in escrow.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:58:07 PM

- snip -
Now that tradefortress, a "VIP" member has branded me as untrustworthy, I suppose that trading on here isn't an option for me if I were to be interested in the future.
- snip -

Nah, it won't keep people from trading with you.  They'll just require you to send first, or they'll require that the transaction use a trusted third party to hold the bitcoins in escrow.

Ok, that's encouraging too, I suppose that I don't mind using an escrow if I ever were to want to trade.  In any case, I'm hoping that the community will convince tf to drop his false allegations after discussion in the other thread.  We'll see.
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:58:37 PM

I think it would help new people if someone would sticky this thread.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:42:10 PM

Man you guys are f@#$%d... I didnt realize what was meant by default trust.... f!@# you I dont trust any off you insiders. Especially TradeFortress there are numerous scammer threads about him... He is a lender! I dont trust lenders of coin!  I trust who I trust not who you think I should trust. Shit is bullshit. 

Uhhhh.... told ya so.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:58:14 PM

I definitely suffered from his escapades.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:19:14 AM

You have unusual trust settings, or that was only temporary. sublime5447 is not in the default trust network.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:08:39 AM

Has DefaultTrust been changed? I am using DefaultTrust with a depth of 3.

A few days ago, not many people would show up as Trusted Feedback. Now, many more people are under Trusted Feedback when I view someone's trust.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:34:01 AM

You have unusual trust settings, or that was only temporary. sublime5447 is not in the default trust network.

Why is that, I might ask?  Grin No vip status?  Roll Eyes. I dont blame you for the TF incident but seriously default trust is BS.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:17:46 PM

Actually I strongly considered adding you to mine a couple times, since you are a pretty active trader and have been around for a long time, but some of your feedback seems based on personal problems. For example one of your feedback comment says just "sucks dick", and another is "bully troll".

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: