Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why bitcoin illegal in asia?  (Read 13580 times)
reddolphin

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:14:45 PM

I think Bitcoin is not illegal in Asian countries, it is in grey zone because countries are afraid to accept a virtual currency in their country for daily uses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hussnainali

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:10:36 PM

This is because if bitcoin gets legal in asia then banking industry will get affected very badly as everyone wants more profit in less time so they will shift there funds from banks to crypto-currencies which will cause banks heavy losses, so to avoid this loss bank owners have asked government not to allow crypto-currencies.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:13:12 AM

Living and travelling across all the South-East Asia I have never heard if crypto being illegal. For fairness, I also never heard of it being legal either Smiley

Not all countries are declaring Bitcoin is illegal but only few of them declared it compared to most of the countries are adapting and regulating the Bitcoin currency. The most common reasons of this banning is likely the same reasons of other countries that ban Bitcoin like it might use in illegal activities like money laundering, smuggling and scam. For your convenience for the research you may use the google to inquire which asian nations are supporting and opposing the Bitcoin existence.
shendy

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:11:32 AM

bitcoin illegal some Asia country but why?can you give me some reason about this?? thanks
Bitcoin is illegal in some Asian countries because:
1. Transactions using Bitcoin cannot be traced to the Government.
2. Transactions using Bitcoin are not taxable. Surely this would not be beneficial to the Government.
3. Bitcoin can be used for money laundering.
4. Bitcoin can be used for illegal activities. Because now a lot of illegal transactions that use Bitcoin as a means of
    payment. This is because of the nature of anonymous Bitcoin transactions.
5. The existence of Bitcoin can harm local currency that can damage the financial system.

Maybe this is just part of what I know and if there are shortcomings please to add.

paresh nakar

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:45:38 AM

i'm from India, but illegal in Asia , and if there some countries in asia been legal or some illegal , maybe in the near future in the asia  will follow others country to legalize this.
rauma26

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:50:23 AM

Is bitcoin illegal in Sri Lanka ? Huh
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:27:34 PM

bitcoin illegal  some asia country bt why?can you give me some reason about this?? thanks

Well not all countries on Asia are not implementing bitcoin , such as my country which is Philippines now our government looking and taking a review on bitcoin , and also they debating , they setting regulation regards to implementing bitcoin on our state.

One of the reason why they illegalizing bitcoin is that , they afraid on committing or legalizing bitcoin , they doubt it and thinking that it's just a scam , or a ponzi scheme.

But then again i'm looking forward on implementing bitcoin on our state and also to our neighbor countries.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:08:44 PM

bitcoin illegal  some asia country bt why?can you give me some reason about this?? thanks

Yes. Currently, there are only 5 countries where the usage of Bitcoin is illegal. These countries are; Bangladesh, Nepal, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Indonesia. The common reason is strict anti-money laundering laws. It becomes illegal in Vietnam and Indonesia once it is used as a payment tool but it is legal to trade and hold. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

jembaba1

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:07:07 PM

I think that those countries who prohibits the use of bitcoin and made it illegal are mostly poor countries. While the other asian countries just like China is just regulating the ICO. People sometimes misunderstood regulated as illegal or banned.
xoxoll

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:11:44 PM

So dumb.
klarnetcijamie

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:57:48 PM

Asian countries are mostly export-based economy and government is concerned about the capital outflux. Bitcoin offers a way to do that.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:40:46 AM

Yes. Currently, there are only 5 countries where the usage of Bitcoin is illegal. These countries are; Bangladesh, Nepal, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Indonesia. The common reason is strict anti-money laundering laws. It becomes illegal in Vietnam and Indonesia once it is used as a payment tool but it is legal to trade and hold. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

Those are small under-developed countries. Most crypto-friendly countries are those that have progressive economy like Singapore and South Korea. It's not really a huge deal because poor countries can't really keep up with the latest tech.
Maxxbill
Copper Member

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:49:03 AM

“Electronic money is designed to operate and support the monetary scheme of dollarization,” explained an economist affiliated with the government. Completing the naughty list of countries that have banned bitcoin is Kyrgyzstan, a tiny landlocked state in Central Asia, and Bangladesh.
phamvy8682

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:54:30 AM

https://t.me/tradecoinvipvip
pareshnakar

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:07:17 AM

Its not true some country are illegal not in whole asia i am from india here is allow to purchase.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
ariaalex

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:13:23 PM

Not for all countries in asia..its depend which county you live.only kyrgyzstan, saudi Arabia and bangladesh has expressly forbid/prohibited btc/cryptocurrencies.
ecnesa101

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:23:48 AM

Yes because some people who had knowledge in bitcoin people attract some offer who can double thier money using bitcoin people in asia and perhaps bitcoin is illegal cause the government can't control bitcoin transaction, it's really hard to know exactly who made transaction. Because of this case,  a lot of people have take advantages of it to do some bad things such as money laundering or tax evasion
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:07:45 AM

Those are small under-developed countries. Most crypto-friendly countries are those that have progressive economy like Singapore and South Korea. It's not really a huge deal because poor countries can't really keep up with the latest tech.
I think so, some developed countries may already be welcome with new technologies and innovations. only some developing countries in asia that don't like bitcoin so give bad rule about bitcoin. so does my country that pose a threat to bitcoin. my finance minister advised people not to invest in bitcoin but there has been no prohibition for it
VentureHero

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:33:38 AM

I think you are generalizing all Asian countries just because China banned ICOs and other exchange and trading sites. You need to study a little about geography because Japan and South Korea are dominating the btc trading in the cryptocurrency market.

China situation is quite complicated and it's full of contradictions. Just think that ICO and trading platforms are banned, but still most of mining (and trading) comes from Chinese..

The currency regulation plays a big role I think. Formally it's illegal to bring Chinese Yuan outside China's territory..
Ajeng07

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:43:19 AM

depending on where we live, there are some countries in Asia that still doubt the legality of bitcoin, because bitcoin currency is not yet listed in government, there are some countries in asia are also prohibited to use bitcoin in their daily transactions or trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: